Children's Home Society Employee Reviews

Fun loving and supportive staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJune 14, 2017
Full of hard workers, with a good sense of humor and willingness to help you achieve. The hardest part of this job can be the difficult things you see and hear clients suffer through. the most enjoyable is giving back to the community
Fun and productive place to with children
Child Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 31, 2017
Working with the kids making them feel loved and had a family till they were Place back in home for adopted and taking care of them like they were your own
Pros
Free meals while at work
Cons
Na
Rules constantly changing
Clinical Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2017
Working for Children's home Society was initially a great experience. Management changes caused a dramatic shake up. When all settled, there was constant change in requirements, hours and demands; many unrealistic.
People who care about children and families
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 28, 2017
Leadership has a passion for excellence. Job requires lots of work, as child welfare is a constant need; but staff cares about what they do and they do good!
Pros
Helping children live more stable lives
Cons
Work load can be heavy at times
Various programs with smaller contracts. State wide organization.
Program Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2017
Oversight of various programs commuting between Port Charlotte and Ft Myers FL. Supervised the Healthy Start program with 4 employees and attended Healthy Start Board meetings as well as other community partners and the United Way. Supervised Developmental Disabilities/Life Skills contract in District 8 including 6 employees. Attended meetings with the DCF contract provider to ensure contractual obligations and responsibilities were met. Due to the fact I had moved to Florida in 2004 I learned how the state had moved to community based care and most of the social service programs were contracted to non profit providers. This required that I read contracts and understand budgets. I met with upper management to go over each program and how to manage budgets including hiring employees and other items required to ensure the program met performance measures. I also attended the Children's Home Society Leadership Program which was very informative regarding how to manage efficiently and effectively, The hardest part of the job was learning all the different programs and requirements. this was also the most enjoyable for me as I learned so much about the state of Florida government, Medicaid and contracts. My direct report was very instrumental in assisting me with learning programs and management advice.
Pros
A wealth of information learned while working for this organization.
Cons
There was a management change that created a disorganized environment
Fun place to work at but too much work
Dependency Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 23, 2017
Too much work and stress
Expectations are unrealistic
this job will take a toll on your personal life
The Supervisors are great though
The work environment is great
Pros
flexible
Cons
overtime
its about helping abused and neglected children
Dependency Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 18, 2017
It's about helping abused and neglected children achieve permanency. That's the goal for the children and making sure that the children are safe in their placement.
Pros
It's has flexibility
Cons
the caseload is high
Not for Everyone
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLApril 10, 2017
This job is not for the weak hearted. Heavy case loads with little to no help from management. Employee turnover is at a high rate and you work 50 hour work weeks while only getting paid for 40
Pros
flexible schedule, good healthcare
Cons
stressful, bad management
wonderful place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washougal, WAApril 3, 2017
This place gave me a chance to better myself when I had nothing. They were so accommodating with me becoming a new single mom of 3. Every struggle I had to rise above and better myself, they helped me to overcome.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 27, 2017
My experience at CHS was great, I enjoyed working with my co workers, parents and most of all the students. I do believe CHS is very unorganized, and the company does not communicate well with each center.
Intern
Dependency Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2017
It was a great experience to intern there. I learned so much there and was able to complete pre-service training before getting hired by another agency.
Pros
good experience
Always on the move
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2017
working with the kids and there families
workplace culture was great
hardest part about the job was moving a kid to different placements
Pros
travel reimbursement
Children's home society
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 23, 2017
Children's home society, and the staff are the best people i have ever met. Not only have they helped me improve my strength, they have helped with my anxiety and mental health. They are hard working, sweet, and my dream job. I love them and i hope everyone loves them as much as i do.
Pros
Everything!!!
Very discriminating work place
Foster Care Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 16, 2017
I started this preschool/Kindergarten in 2004 through a Church. The benefits were very few and the discrimination was horrible to non-white cultures.
Pros
I loved working with the children and families.
Cons
The benefits were not good and people were discriminating
Family friendly
Wraparound Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seminole County, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Great place, great people.
This company makes you feel like you matter and that your work is important.
My hours are flexible and there is no micro managing which is great but it depends on who your supervisor is.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
not structured/ poor management/ high turn over rate
Residential shift leader (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJanuary 11, 2017
this company is run by a group of people who have no experience with youth. owners and higher management never show there faces/ mo employee incentives/ no training/ learn on the job/ no job security/ poor pay/ highly stressful environment and owners will not compensate for staff. as staff you are on your own if you mess up your fired, no couching.
i will say that they are flexible with having to leave for emergencies
Pros
some over time
Cons
very poor management
Overall
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Children were wonderful to work with and so is the staff , very understanding and show love i learn to be very patient working with children with needs to show love and understanding towards them
I have good flexibility
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 3, 2017
If you are looking to ever make any money and not be working at below poverty level this is the company for you.

Management only cares about the bottom line and making sure the paperwork is complete.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, No raises, Poor health care coverage
Excellent company
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 30, 2016
Strong support, compassionate and strong desire to support children and families. Improve organizational skill and computer programs. Interactions with people
Working with the families are very rewarding , every family and situation is different.
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 11, 2016
I worked for the company for 11 years and within that time I worked 3 different programs that were successful. There were the Family Builders Program that provided direct assistance to families and coordinated services. The Child & Family Connection Program that provided direct assistance with some changes.
I coordinated with other agencies by advocating gift cards and other things to families, coordinated the "Read With Me", read-a-thon with families through Palm Beach County Literacy Coalition. Coordinate Car Seat for "Car Seat Safety" in an effort to increase car seat concerns with the Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and coordinating Holiday Parties for our families, sponsored by Bank of America, Boca Raton.
Pros
There is room for advancement.
Cons
There's a lot of politics and double standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Home Society. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval