Children's Hospital Colorado Employee Reviews

Circulating RN in pediatric Operating Room
RN (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Children's Hospital Colorado but its only a temporary/contracted assignment. I worked twelve hour shifts which I loved. I got to see many different types of surgeries and got to experience many different types of specialties including neuro, plastics, ENT, orthopedics, opthmology, burn case etc. Teamwork was superb here, everyone was always willing to lend a helping hand. Overall it was an amazing first experience.
Pros
12 hour shifts, great teamwork, interesting cases
Cons
Great doctors, management needs work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 17, 2017
Most people who stay at CHCO are there for the kids and the fantastic doctors. The doctors are some the most amazing and supportive doctors you could hope to meet and work with. It's a privilege to support their work.
The management at all levels needs work. There is a constant reassigning of managerial tasks to non managers without the increase in pay or promotion to support the change in responsibilities. Middle managers tend to be poor leaders and have minimal knowledge of CHCO policies and procedures.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
management, low appreciation for employees
Excellent Hospital
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2017
Provides excellent patient care and also takes care of the staff members! CHCO also does an excellent job in working as an interdisciplinary team and does a wonderful job engaging the family members.
Pros
Community Feel, Engagement, Fun, Opportunities
Benefits
Has a good benefit package and always has something fun going on for the kids
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 17, 2016
Overall, as a company, Children's was a great place to work. They do have a great benefit package. I enjoyed my fellow workers. Sadly, they do have a high turn over.
Benefits
Cons
Lots of nepotism, special favors
Okay place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 9, 2016
Come in log in and get to work .
I have learned that it does not matter as long as the work gets done.
Management Par.
To work with one of my co-workers,does not have good work ethics .The most enjoyable part on my job is when I punch out and go home .
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Childrens Hospital Colorado - awesome place to work!
HMS Commercial Specialist/Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 15, 2016
Great Place to Work! I worked with a wonderful team. I gained a lot of experience at Children's . Started as a billing representative and was able to create my own position as a HMS/ Specialist. Working difficult denials , formed relationships with provider Representatives. All in all seeing these claims get overturned and paid
The Holidays there were so fun! Management went all out during the holidays for the employees.
Best Job Ever!
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 7, 2016
The management team is supportive, hard-working, knowledgable, approachable, compassionate and just simply great people. The environment fosters a caring, compassionate team that collaborates to provide the best care possible for kiddos. It is a place where everyone holds the door open and offers a smile to a hug at every opportunity. It is such an amazing place to work, that it is extremely difficult to get a foot in the door.
Pros
supportive management, great benefits, teamwork
Cons
Hard to get hours if you aren't hired full time
Great team work, supportive management
Charge Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2016
This employer hired me from an outside job and trusted me to enter into this unit as a Charge Nurse. I worked with them as a travel nurse in 2015 and have had the most positive experience. I am very excited to see what our new unit manager, who was hired months after I started, is able to accomplish in our unit.
Pros
I learn something on a daily basis. Very supportive staff.
Cons
Frequently under-staffed
N/a
Clinical Assistant/CPR Tech (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 22, 2016
Great working culture for a new graduate. Pay is competitive for the area but only 22/hr for new grads. Magnet hospital.

Cons: Management, commitment
Fun place to work, excellent focus on children's wellbeing
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2016
This is a big company with multiple smaller clinics throughout the southern Colorado area. At times, it seemed like communication was lost between the main hospital and the other sites. Staffing was an issue, which made for busy days and tired employees. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the children's smiling faces when you have made their day a little bit better.
Pros
new equipment
Cons
staffing problems, bad communication between higher management and the clinic
Working as a team
Clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2016
I have learned many skills at children's. I have learned to work as a team to become one. I love my job and the only reason I am leaving is so I can be closer to family.
Very nice people to work with
Intern in the NICU (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2016
I absolutely loved working at children's it was a great place to work. The whole place feels like family and I felt like I was making a positive impact on the world.
Loved working with the kids! but management was poor
Internal Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 22, 2016
Safely transported patients to and from radiology, surgery, and in hospital clinics. This involved a great deal of customer service and concise coordination and communication between me, the transport department, the medical staff, patients, and parents
Pros
Awesome working with the kids!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 11, 2016
They suck they promote wellness to employees but the environment in some departments are so negative..management needs to be reevaluated
Excellent lab
Lead Technologist/Clinical Chemistry Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 22, 2016
Great lab, and learned a lot at this job. Feel that the work done in the lab is of great value and the fact that they are helping children is the best.
Productive Fun Work Place
Externship Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2016
Learned a lot of new things everyday excellent work place. new faces everyday. people who are willing to help, perfect place.
No trust by management
Control Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2016
Staff is considered guilty before facts are gathered. Facts are not gathered effectively. No accountability. Work ethic by some staff are poor. to much blame game. Very little respect of staff by management and supervisors.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Trust, ackknowledgement, atmosphere, accountability
Upbeat and positive place to work!
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 22, 2015
Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO) is one of the best places I've ever had the privilege of working. The people are incredibly friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere is one of acceptance and professionalism.

Working at CHCO has helped me cultivate my interpersonal skills and honed in my attention to detail. It has made me much more adept in problem solving and professional communication.

The hardest part of working here - for me - is determining what exactly is expected in every day operations. Due to the dynamic nature of the job, new situations can arise where the correct course of action is expected implicitly, but - at the same time - is not always intuitive.

This particular aspect of the job has contributed to developing functional independence and really emphasized the importance of becoming familiar with standard operating procedures and protocol ops.

I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a friendly atmosphere that is both challenging and stimulating. It is a great opportunity to learn about practical execution of research start-up, management, and operations.
Pros
Staff, non-set hours, flexibility, frequent employee appreciation events, free stuff, lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Pay, relatively low amount of supervision/guidance from management
Food Service Porter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2015
My experience was very enjoyable and made me feel good with helping people and patients on a daily basis. Environment was very bright and uplifting.
Pros
Free lunches
Experiential Learning
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 29, 2015
This is a great place to work. Everyone is very willing to educate and provide support within and between various departments for the support of the kids we see.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

Children's Hospital Colorado Reviews by Location