Children's Hospital Colorado Employee Reviews

Great Organization
BUSINESS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2018
Excellent company to work for. They pay well and are more advanced than other companies in the industry. They have a great culture. The perks such as coffee, free shirts, and more are also very nice. They are very involved in the local community.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Flight Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flight TeamJanuary 29, 2018
I loved working for Children's Hospital Colorado. The work is challenging and exciting. There are a lot of wonderful people working there who just want to help kids. They are slow to hire but once you are in, it is a great place to be.
Pros
Getting to help kids
Cons
Hiring is slow.
A Typical Day
Child Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 28, 2018
I work on a Oncology Unit and clinic. Fast pace. Great co-worker. Everyone was helpful. Detailed oriented. Checked patient in and out. Verified insurance. Worked inpatient. Customer service was vital.
Pros
I felt valued
Cons
N/a
A great place to work
Administrative Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 23, 2018
An excellent company that strives to provide its employees with benefits to help make their personal lives better. CHCO really does offer opportunity not only to it's employees, but also to the patients it serves. For this reason you can really feel good about being a part of this company.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
management often stifles growth
Very positive environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Children's Hospital Colorado. It was an excellent place to work and very positive atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was seeing the sick children.
Productive and fun workplace that's 100% focused on the kids
Clinical II RN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 8, 2018
Children's Hospital Colorado ranks as one of the top hospitals in the nation. You feel the reason right when you walk through the hospital doors. Everything is focused on the patients and their families.
CHCO also really cares about their employees. The environment is so positive, even when a shift is stressful. Everyone is so positive, because people are happy and proud to work there.
Pros
Just outright amazing
Cons
Parking
Productive fun place
PFS, Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2018
Training was good. The people were fun and helpful. The work was gratifying. Children's is very interactive and transparent. All employees were kept in the know of the financial standings and the positive work being done at the hospital. Children's of Colorado is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Employees were involved in all fund raising for the families of the hospitalized children, The community was very important.
Cons
no cons
Be cautious with this or similar positions with Children’s Hospital
Patient and Family Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 17, 2017
For a part time position, I was guaranteed 24 hours a week. I was lucky if I received 12-16 hours per week because of low volume. “Well staffing”, as the organization refers to it, caused high turnover. Paired with the subpar pay, raises, lack of paid time off, and zero opportunities for advancement; this organization needs to reevaluate their practices.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Lucky if you ever received a break, hours not guaranteed, low pay, insignificant raises, no advancement opportunities
Children's Hospital Colorado
Admin Professional Senior - Contract Management (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 14, 2017
Definitely a workplace of choice; the culture and leadership is excellent. I would highly recommend working here. My only drawback is we have gaps in talent management and growth.
Pros
work/personal balance
Cons
Talent management gaps
Great Place To Work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 11, 2017
This is a fantastic institution with the brightest and the best people who work for it. The people that work here truly care about making a positive impact in children's lives.
challenge and reward
Director Information Security (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 7, 2017
A typical day always brought some new problem to solve, sometimes with enough notice for a complete solution. One of the most important lessons I learned is that people continue to need healthcare and sometimes providers will continue to treat them even in the absence of proven/supported tools and regulatory compliance. IT/InfoSec is mostly overhead, and that can be difficult for people coming from tech business backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was convincing people who are used to making critical decisions for themselves and others to involve InfoSec at the right time and listen to input, and the most rewarding thing was finding and working with the people who would listen and engage security to improve patient outcomes and protect patient data.
Pros
highly complex technical environment, always a new challenge to learn and understand - never boring!
Cons
compressed schedules and limited resources
Great Company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2017
I was very happy to work here and sad to leave but needed to for career advancement. The mission of helping children is evident in everything you do and it inspires everyone.
Good place to work with same struggles as other big corporations
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 21, 2017
While I only worked at Children's Hospital for a relatively short time (less than two years), I found it to be an enjoyable experience where I would have liked to work longer. The hardest part of the job for me was figuring out who needed to be involved for a project to be successful and how to maintain their support over an extended period of time. There are a lot of projects happening at one time and it was easy to get "lost in the shuffle."
Pros
Good health insurance and generous PTO.
Cons
Complicated hierarchical rules that you have to figure out on your own.
Level 1 Trauma Center
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 28, 2017
The Emergency Department was very busy and often inappropriately staffed in the sense that not everyone is cut out to be an ER nurse. That was one of the hardest parts of the job because if you are a skilled nurse, you often would have to work that much harder to compensate for coworkers that were of lesser skill.
Rewarding job, nights and weekends required however.
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 24, 2017
Rewarding job, nights and weekends required however. Pay is decent, good benefits for a 36/hour workweek. Overtime work and pay available often, management support is fair if not great.
Children's hospital Colorado is a good place to work, many benefits, very quick paced but very manageable.
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 10, 2017
I learned so many interesting things at children's hospital Colorado. I was trained in very aspect of my job. The management team was fair in me understanding what I have to do, if I had a question my manager would help me.
Pros
We had a couple of free lunches, one in the summer and one for Christmas.
n/a
CTA -Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 27, 2017
the culture is amazing, the benefits are nice. the pay Is low but compared to the other jobs in the area it is expected. I wish that the company would allow a higher payroll increase with salary, but it is not nothing to complain over when many companies are not passing out bonuses at all. It's also great to work for a company that respects work/life balance and encourages that you take personal time with your family and children if needed.
Pros
benefits such as insurance.
Cons
pay could be better.
Not the place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
lack of competence with management, no room for advancement,
training is 6weeks and you learn nothing until you are actually doing the job, not enough workers but too many managers who know nothing about the job they are managing
Pros
schedule
Cons
lack of PTO which is used for holidays
Pros outweigh cons
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2017
Pretty good work/life balance if you are able to hold a boundary. Social workers kind of expected to "fix" every patient problem that walks through the door. My manager is extremely supportive but still have to contend with very unrealistic expectations from the powers that be. Social work teams are amazing and wonderful to be a part of.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expectations and respect given to social work interventions
Its for the Kids
Trauma and Burn Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2017
A large organization dedicated to delivering high quality care to our smallest and most vulnerable of patients. Focused on delivering high quality expert care to kids of all sizes and their families. working here makes your heart smile