Children's Hospital Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Working as a team
Clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2016
I have learned many skills at children's. I have learned to work as a team to become one. I love my job and the only reason I am leaving is so I can be closer to family.
Very nice people to work with
Intern in the NICU (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2016
I absolutely loved working at children's it was a great place to work. The whole place feels like family and I felt like I was making a positive impact on the world.
Loved working with the kids! but management was poor
Internal Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 22, 2016
Safely transported patients to and from radiology, surgery, and in hospital clinics. This involved a great deal of customer service and concise coordination and communication between me, the transport department, the medical staff, patients, and parents
Pros
Awesome working with the kids!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 11, 2016
They suck they promote wellness to employees but the environment in some departments are so negative..management needs to be reevaluated
Excellent lab
Lead Technologist/Clinical Chemistry Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 22, 2016
Great lab, and learned a lot at this job. Feel that the work done in the lab is of great value and the fact that they are helping children is the best.
Productive Fun Work Place
Externship Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2016
Learned a lot of new things everyday excellent work place. new faces everyday. people who are willing to help, perfect place.
No trust by management
Control Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2016
Staff is considered guilty before facts are gathered. Facts are not gathered effectively. No accountability. Work ethic by some staff are poor. to much blame game. Very little respect of staff by management and supervisors.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Trust, ackknowledgement, atmosphere, accountability
Upbeat and positive place to work!
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 22, 2015
Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO) is one of the best places I've ever had the privilege of working. The people are incredibly friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere is one of acceptance and professionalism.

Working at CHCO has helped me cultivate my interpersonal skills and honed in my attention to detail. It has made me much more adept in problem solving and professional communication.

The hardest part of working here - for me - is determining what exactly is expected in every day operations. Due to the dynamic nature of the job, new situations can arise where the correct course of action is expected implicitly, but - at the same time - is not always intuitive.

This particular aspect of the job has contributed to developing functional independence and really emphasized the importance of becoming familiar with standard operating procedures and protocol ops.

I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a friendly atmosphere that is both challenging and stimulating. It is a great opportunity to learn about practical execution of research start-up, management, and operations.
Pros
Staff, non-set hours, flexibility, frequent employee appreciation events, free stuff, lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Pay, relatively low amount of supervision/guidance from management
Food Service Porter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2015
My experience was very enjoyable and made me feel good with helping people and patients on a daily basis. Environment was very bright and uplifting.
Pros
Free lunches
Experiential Learning
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 29, 2015
This is a great place to work. Everyone is very willing to educate and provide support within and between various departments for the support of the kids we see.
Great place and great pay
Lab Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 26, 2015
High volume processing in the lab, also phlebotomy. A great place to learn and practice pediatric phlebotomy. Great kiddos, and staff.
Pros
Great people and great cafe.
Cons
sometimes VERY high volume
Worst Nursing Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  AuroraOctober 22, 2015
The outpatient nursing management is team is the worst I have ever experienced. The are extremely passive aggressive, if you speak up about something they will give you a bad annual review or write you up.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible nursing management
Love my job
Staff Assistant-Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 17, 2015
Fellowship Coord., is a challenging field that is ever changing. Not only from day to day, but from season to season, and year to year. I think my favorite project is during interview season. It normally starts in December and goes thru April. I find that I really enjoy the interactions with the fellow candidates. The highlight would be learning what the outcome of the Match is to be.
Pros
Ever changing, steady work.
Cons
multipule deadlines expiring around the same time
Amazing place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CoOctober 13, 2015
Children's Hospital Colorado is a great place to work. The environment is positive and focused on families. Employees are recognized for positive attitude and sharing. Everyone is encouraged to introduce themselves to other employees and to support one another to prevent errors, rather that judging or belittling. When the focus is on making things as comfortable as possible for patients and their families, it makes your job meaningful. Awesome place to work!
Great benefits and salary
Fellowship & Residency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 9, 2015
Proud to work at this hospital, but many huge changes have happened over the last several years. Don't feel like the focus is on healthcare anymore, but rather politics.
Culturally diverse environment
CST III/ Neurosurgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2015
The hardest part of my job is knowing that some of our patients will die in a matter of months. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I belong to a department that values my skills and input in most situations.
Great Benefits, High Turnover, Weak Management
Occupational Therapist Registered (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 8, 2015
Benefits (insurance, pay, Take It To Heart Bonus, PTO) were great. There was a very high turnover in all disciplines (OT, PT, and ST) over the time that I worked there. I witnessed first hand very competent therapists (those with masters and doctorates) who were burned out too quickly by back to back patients, increased pressure to meet productivity, too little time to complete daily documentation, evaluations, and progress summaries. I also heard first hand from former co-workers who would work from 7:30 in the morning to 6:00 in the evening having enough time to treat up to 10 patients, but only complete maybe three of their notes. The remaining 7 notes needed to be completed within a 2 -day time frame and these therapists either took their laptop home with them or wrote them over the course of the next two days.
The stress level that I experienced myself as an outpatient pediatric OTR/L was something that became part of my everyday existence. I became a person who was shorter with her own children because of the stress from my job. The security, great pay, and flexibility was not worth the burn out, stress, and emotional turmoil that I personally felt and saw my co-workers (unsuccessfully) hide on a daily basis. Several of my co-workers admitted to crying at home because of the stress in their jobs (these women were in their mid-twenties, competent, friendly, very physically active and had healthy relationships outside of work).
I feel like I became a number or "warm body" in the eyes of upper management instead of being a professional therapist. I
  more... did not feel supported by my clinical coordinator/management and had to "put out" fires using professional judgment in a reactive manner instead of having management approach potential problems in a proactive manner. This led to myself being the face that my families worked with me to positively solve the problems involving their children instead of management addressing these potential "pitfalls" with the team as a whole proactively.
I loved working with my patient's and their families. The rapport that I built with them over my time at Children's was unparalleled in any of my previous jobs. I loved the connection to the patients, the look of joy on the parent's face when they reported to me what new skill their child was now initiating, but my favorite and sometimes bittersweet moments were when my patients graduated. They and their parents had worked so hard and now they had met their milestones, were generalizing appropriate play, fine motor, visual motor, and sensory regulation skills that was similar to their age-appropriate peers.
Overall, working at Children's initially was a positive experience when I did not have my eye open to the amount of stress that I would be under while completing my job. Once I "woke up" and saw the forest for what it was, the job was not the same. This company is one of the best for families and patients, but does not treat it's employees like it treats it's families and patients.
Very professional environment, Lovely staff.
Profesional Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 25, 2015
To have the opportunity to work in one of the most prestigious Hospitals in the United States is a privilege and an experience i won't forget.
Absoultely love to work within the pediatric population.
RN-clinical II nurse radiology (Current Employee) –  Aurora CampusAugust 13, 2015
Closely work with anesthesiologists to assist in providing general anesthesia for pediatric clients while they undergo scans such as MRI, CT, PET-CT, NUCLEAR MED, and INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY PROCEEDURES. Circulating nurse. My co-workers are absolutely fantastic to work with and have a strong team-work ethics. Most enjoyable part of the job is working within the pediatric population and there parents. The hardest part of the job is that we can get incredibly busy and is very fast paced. I have learned that the pediatric population is very resilient.
Pros
10 hours days x 4
Hard working, great staff
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 12, 2015
The staff at Children's Hospital Colorado is not only great to work with, but great at what they do. Everyone is very accommodating to the patients and families that visit the hospital. The facility is clean and welcoming.