Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employer Reviews

world renowned pediatric hospital. Cutting edge reseach
Technical Specialist I (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Patient focused care. Good team to work with.
Genetic testing is complex. Potential for growth due to relationship with Penn researchers.
Lots to do, Lots to learn
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: children's hospital
Cons: most are young. pay so, so.
The pay is so, so. Some technician are nasty and non trustworthy. Management is fair. I had no problem with them. Actually I enjoyed it very much. Pay is a little less compared to other major hospital in Philadelphia. After all it's the children's hospital you are working for. There is age discrimination. Most are young, recently out of school.
Great organization
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great work being done to help children.
Cons: one's credentials seem to matter more than their character.
CHOP is great organization. Work/life balance is difficult due to the culture of the department. Work some nights and weekends, however mostly 9 to 5. All of the work done here helps children in so many ways... it's hard not to be proud to be an employee here.
Challenging and Demanding Work
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: poor work-life balance
Very challenging and demanding caseload. Even with previous experience, you will be treated as if none of that mattered prior to coming to CHOP.
Compensated very well
Business Research Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: very well compensated
Cons: no cons. it is a nice place to work.
Work was well paced. The staff was large enough to cover any deadlines. We each had a portfolio of departments. My manager was very good and knowledgeable. My co-workers were very nice people.
Long work hours, bad communication
Nursing Outcomes Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: not labor intensive
Cons: poor management
No training was provided. I was handed a manual which gave a very brief description of the assignments. I had to teach myself everything and it took a long time to adjust. Bad communication skills from my manager which was unavailable to communicate with me most times. I answered emails, organized data, formatted data into charts and newsletters.
I work in a Productive work place that encourages team work
Billing Representative (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Productive work place that promotes great team work. I have worked her for 13 years. An excellent Hospital to bring your child to. Great Customer Service and Great Nurses who really care about the patients. I have enjoyed learning and moving to different departments within Chop.
Productive workplace where teamwork is the epitome of quality service
INPATIENT CLERK (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great team, great management
Cons: the sadness that fills the hearts of patients that don't go home.
A typical work day may be several admissions on the Cardiac Unit while processing discharges and answering phones. The are orders to process for frequent forms that are used additionally to ordering beds for new patients. The input and output of the unit per patient may vary on any day depending on viral level and other variables according to the service or cohort of the unit. The Cardiac Unit also provides a stimulating playroom that is facilitated by the Childlife group that may also need assistance from the clerk with phone calls or supplies. The greatest part of working at Children's Hospital is servicing children with unspoken illnesses that they themselves may not fully understand. It provides a humbled spirit for the person working and it has done so for me.
Extremely flexible
Research Assistant, Vaccine Education Center (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
I loved being able to go out and recruit study participants when my schedule allowed. I gained great data analyzing skills as well as writing skills.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Technician Co-op (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
I had a great co-op at CHOP. Everyone was friendly and always willing to help.
A once in a life time experience, one that I will forever remember, and forever be thankful to have taken part in.
Preoperative Core Technician- Operating Room (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2014
Pros: helping to heal a sick child, and seeing the joy in the eyes of the families that were so forever grateful
Cons: witnessing, and the heartbreak of a child that simply was to sick to be helped
A typical day as An Operating Room Employee was not your average typical work day. I worked with the most respected Doctor's in their field's and learned life lessons that I will carry on throughout my professional career. I witnessed some of the worst things life has to offer, as well as things that can be described nothing short of miracles. Working inside the Operating Room where a child is under surgery is not an easy sight to see, but it is overwhelmingly awarding knowing that child's life was saved, and you played a role in that.
I worked with great people, I worked alongside people with more time in the company that I have in age. It was a great experience that I am forever grateful to have had. I will end this summary simply with stating that if it were not for the management in place at the time, I would still be employed there today. It's a shame to have such an amazing establishment, with a worldwide reputation, not meet the standard of management that is required in that atmosphere.
the opinion of this company depends on the location
Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
Pros: beneifits and job security
Cons: the specific department i was working for
The hardest part of the job was not having management in the same location. Also management was constantly away at meeting, and there was no one directly above me for assistance.

Travel to the city was hard , when living outside of the city.
Overall it should be a nice place to work; depends on which department you are in and the management or lack of in the department.
Office Manager Emergency Medicine Department (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful dedicated doctors.
Cons: human resources is not actively involved with employees annual reviews or policies.
My most enjoyable part of all of my job experience is helping people by supporting them in any aspect they need.
easy to learn and great place to be
Volunteer Department (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free food and great snacks, awesome caff
CHOP, is a place to be you will meet a lot of new people and greet a ton of awesome children who are going threw so much. Just being able to give in the department was awesome because everything counts there.
Fast Paced Office
Assist the Medical Director (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2014
Fast Paced Office
Temporary
Work in a high faced over as an File Clerk. To fill in the request that the Paralegals and/or Lawyers need for the cases.
Nice Place to work
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2014
Nice place to work........................................................................................
I have enjoyed working in the neonatal/pediatric field. It has been rewarding working with children and their families.
o Active member (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work days, great co-workers
Cons: staffing, pay
I have really enjoyed working in the neonatal/pediatric field. I work with a tremendous group of people, who work together, help each other out. Resource for senior and junior therapist. The hardest part of this job is no matter your skills and experience, you watch patients expire. You can only watch what families go through while their children are lying in the hospital, not doing well. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching children leave the hospital, to be home with their families. It's rewarding when you use your education, knowledge, and experience to treat (and make well), these children. I still have my panic moments, when a child comes in really sick, and pray that I'll be able to do "enough" for them.
Rewarding work experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2014
Caring for children and families with a variety of complex chronic medical conditions has been incredibly rewarding, CHOP allowed opportunity for learning from patients, coworkers and physicians every day
Great learning experience
Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: commute
The most enjoyable part of the work day included the interactions with the kids.
I love it here
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2014
It is a great experience to work in the #1 Hospital in the Nation

1 2 3 4 5

About Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

In the City of Brotherly Love, sick little boys andĀ girls have a place to get better at theĀ The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia – Read more