Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Upbeat and Friendly place to work with honest employees
Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2018
The energy there is humbling. Although not all employees exhibit these qualities Children's Hospital make every effort to recruit the best of the best. People's interview and actual attitudes are different but I have been delighted to be among the select people fortunate to be employed there. My time here I have met soo many interesting people who push you to be better and reach higher to become your best self. They also nurture you to see the potential that they see in you.
Pros
Compensation and advancement opportunities
Cons
Crazy unpredictable work schedules in some departments
Good
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
New but I like culture and mission. Only been a few months. I like location and management. Opportunities to move around and career development. Would recommend.
Very professional atmosphere
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Working in a pediatric setting, it became very clear the children were the top priorities of all my superiors. These are some of the most caring and positive medical professionals I have ever worked for, especially the chief of the division.
Pros
Smooth work flow.
Cons
On call schedule.
Not For Me
Supply Technician (floater) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I worked there under contract(Canon Bussines )horrible to work for (Canon Bussiness) book coming I can't say what I want /Not A Nice Place to work bye
Pros
not any more
Cons
N/a
Terrible place, the managment was awful
Lead Research Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2018
I believe the management that was there is no longer, so it may be better now, but it was absolutely horrible there for the time I was there. I only stayed for the benefits
Pretty Good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2018
It is a good place to work. You will have experiences there that you will not get anywhere else. Cons are that they make everyone do a rotating schedule and you don't have a great work life balance
Working in the ED
Emergency Department - Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2018
Working at Chop has been one of the most pleasurable experience. You get to meet and help all types of children ranking from infants to grown adults sometimes.
Hardest part of this job is working in the ED, seeing painful as well as sick children arriving in the ED.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Short Staff some days
Not a bad place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Okay salary, and plently of days off. Some departments have the ability to work from home and some have flex hours. Little to no overtime in some departments even though it is needed.
Pros
A good amount of time off
Cons
Getting a promotion depends on who you know/, what you "look like" not what you know and how you do your job.
Chop
Environmental Services Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Being a former employee at CHOP, I must say that is was a great experienced. I was able to come in contact with a variety of cultures and people of different beliefs and was able to learn something new each day while fulfilling my job duties.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2018
CHOP is a great place to work! Employees are always friendly and smiling. The atmosphere is very bright and colorful. The most enjoyable part of my day is spending time getting to know the amazing children and their families here.
Not a bad place to work
Care Network Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Good environment to work. Great benefits and encouraged to grow. Support from management. Could be better with work-life balance. Team oriented which is good.
Pros
Great benefits and management programs to growth.
Cons
Not so great at work-life balance.
Lacks good executive leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2018
CHOP does a great job of training leaders...but never any follow up if managers of people follow thru and practice CHOP culture. This could be indicative of why there is such a high turnover rate at CHOP.
fast-paced
Medical Laboratory Technologist (PT) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2018
busy place

very professional

Hardest part of the job is when the computer system are down.

The most enjoyable is being part of the team to help the changing world of patients care for better service.
Pros
Think positive
Cons
busy place to work
productive and organized fun place to work
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2018
daily work
set up your station
make sure instruments are clean
process instruments
sterilize instruments with little to no supervision
make sure temp correct
Pros
hr lunch
Cons
no overtime
Overall Good Place to Work
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Overall good place to work. Management in certain departments are not as interested in employees professional development although courses and resources are provided through the Institution.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Parking, Management, IS departments
Interned
Exercise Physiology Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Great internship with the ability to try many different skills and experiences. I was very happy with the way I was treated and how each member of the staff took the time to share their career with me.
Great job with a poor manager
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Sad how such a wonderful institution could treat their employees so poorly. Experience and individualty obviously don't mean much to managers. I would describe my boss as a bully. Tried to involve HR and next thing I knew she was gone too. Their loss.
Pros
Fantastic researchers, doctors
Cons
Poor management
Fun but can be stressful.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoy working with people of all types. My patients were great when I had the opportunity to work with them. Some of the staff were stand off at times but it didn't bother me. I'm a person that can come in and do the work needed and go home. It would be nice if all staff could get along without issues of any kind. If you can be yourself and do what's expected of you, you will be a great asset to this establishment.
Pros
extra hour for lunch
Cons
sitting a lot in one area.
Constantly updating patient info
Office Asistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 7, 2018
I was blessed to work at this Hospital.

The sole purpose of everyone was the children.
Constantly updating medical info
The main and only priority was the children
Management was always considerate but took a no nonsense
Work atmosphere.
Respectful atmosphere
Making sure all information was correct and uploaded for the surgeons.
Open door policy, always interested in our suggestions and
Frustrations and solving problems that would occur.
Pros
Job security and respectful mgrs
Amazing place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Worked as staff nurse on cardiothoracic surgical step down unit. Exciting and academically stimulating environment. Great opportunities for career growth.