Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

The environment is nice and it's gives you knowledge of a lot of illnesses to be aware of
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2016
The hospital is a nice place. The actual department is not all that great. They show a lot of favoritism with a lot of things. And they don't always stand up for their hardworking employees when they should. But they also have good benefits.
Pros
Healthplan is good and so are other benefits
Cons
Being talked to and treated like a child at times.
Great Place to work...
Patient Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
My typical day is fast paced needing to work with staff as well as cover office work. I learned to be very open to employees because they each have a different need, co-worker for the most part work together. The hardest part about my job is wishing I can more for the patients and I cant. I enjoy being up on the units interacting with patient and families keeping a smile on there face.
Pros
company perks movie ticket etc.
Cons
Management listening to suggestion and Ideas.
Great place to grow
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2016
Great place to grow and learn. Always training and staying current with advancing technologies. Benefits are unmatched in my opinion. Great team environmement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Compensation
Positive and fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2016
Nice work place and teammates. Plenty of chances to interact with people from difference academic institutes. Good employee benefits and I enjoyed working in CHOP
Productive and diversified work place
Cardiac Access Coordinator- Cardiac Center (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2016
scheduling cardiac procedures for families, love being able to help families. co-workers are dependable, honest, respectful. management is difficult at times.
Chop Is an Amazing place to learn and be proud of.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2016
I believe if you train at CHOP you will be the best nurse you can possibly be. Expectations are high and it can be very stressful but it is worth it in the end. Once you are an experienced nurse at CHOP you can go anywhere to work. There are so many opportunities to broaden your career at this institution.
Pros
The experience is priceless
Cons
Management can be tough
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia
Orthopedic technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2016
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is one of the best pediatric facilities in the world. I have learned many skills to help and improve our patients lives. It is an honor and a privilege to work here.
I enjoy working there and other staff members are great to work with.
Team Leader Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2016
Been there for 10 years now and do not plan on leaving any time soon. Just looking for a part time job for my family. Their also offer great benefits.
Lovely Shadowing experience
Genetic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2016
The professional team in the Neurology department of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia were both informative and personable. I was able to learn the in and outs of the behind the scenes of the patient/physician experience.
Patient-centric hospital
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 15, 2016
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia strives to become the nation's top ranked and safest pediatric hospital. With this in mind, employees are groomed to deliver only the best for the patients and team. Often times, the days are hectic and filled with important requests. The employees care a great deal about the patients and it shows in what we provide on a daily basis.
Great Company and Great Benefits.
Access Services Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2016
You cannot say enough good things about this place. The People the environment and of course the AMAZING CHOP Benefits.
Great employer
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2016
Memorable colleagues. Great courses for employee development. Good place to work. Company cares about its employees. Phenomenal work in patient care and research
Great learning environment and room to grow
Volunteer at People's Emergency Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
I worked with children, so being patient was essential. Allowed me to work with young patients, which taught me a lot about how to handle situations with adolescents in the health care field.
Its really the best place to work
Inpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2016
I see why Childrens is rated the best place to work numerous years in a row, I love working here, saddens me I am leaving I will miss my time here.
Decent Pay For IT
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2016
The pay is decent, but the workload is beyond what a person is able to acomplish. Management says they care about the employees and the work/life balance, but in the end, it is always about making management look good, PERIOD.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
unrealistic workload, if you are not a minority no chance for advancement
Productive and eduation workplace.
Clinical Information Manager/Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
The physicians and physicians assistants were very welcoming and accommodating to inexperienced people. They were able to help you learn on the job while still perform the work tasks.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Very demanding
Great place to work and thankful I am working there now...
IT Project Manager - Security and Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
Overall very good place to work. I like the people, it is convenient to local transportation and of course doing things in the long run to help the Hospital Staff to do their job better which in turn improves things for the Children and their families.
Pros
Great people and of course for the good of families and children.
Excellent Learning Environment
Customer Service Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
The job allows for employers to engage in a variety of tasks that increase learning and understanding of the job and the company as a whole.
Teaching hospital
Per Diem Flex Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2016
Supportive working environment, where people are committed to providing quality care. Learned to provide excellent culturally sensitive care to a diverse patient population, as a team member in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
I would like my personality to be linked to my dream job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2016
"See beyond my smile; get to know me." I want to gainfully employed by a(n) company/ organization that cherishes & encourages employees to be wonderful individuals and supports plus promotes strengths in its employees as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2