Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Excellent caring and professional institution!
Pediatric Pulmonary RN (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2015
Rated #1 in the nation in several disciplines. Consistently top 5 ratings in most areas. Excellence in every employees attitude and execution that I worked with through 22 years!
Great place to work.
Cook 3 (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work is mostly enjoyable. The co-workers care about one another and so does the Management staff.The hardest part of the job is rush time but hey, I am at work and it gives me a great feeling to make someone happy.Customer satisfaction is the most enjoyable part!
It's a productive and Fun place to work
Systems Analyst (EPIC) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible environment
Certified in Epic Clinical Documentation, ASAP, and Clarity Inpatient Fundamentals with a BS degree in Computer Information Systems and a build experience with Epic ASAP and Clindoc applications, is seeking an opportunity as an Epic Analyst.

Specialized in creating user requirements and configure the build according to the user requirements.
• Participated in Content Validation Sessions.
• Data Migration through Data courier.
• Workflows knowledges in Epic inpatient and outpatient applications such as ADT/Prelude, Cadence, Ambulatory, Radiant, Willow, ASAP,Meaningful Use etc.
• Experienced in building test cases in order to test the builds in Dev and Test environments.
• Hands-on ability to contribute individually and in a team environment.
Okay Place to Work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great place and atmosphere, and ideologies
Cons: poor management in my particular department
I was never given the opportunity to break through a glass ceiling even though I had obtained a bachelors degree and have been a great employee while working there. My employer was fine with letting me leave even though thye knew I was a great employee. You would think they would want to keep those kind of employees.
Registered Nurse NICU (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Paid was good, co-worker were great and very helpful
Work days were busy 12 hrs with highly acute patient. I learned a lot of clinical skills. The management was very helpful most of the time. All of my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part for me was dealing with multiple acute patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to improve the outcome for the patients.
Productive, fun and enriching environment.
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: opportunity for professional development and growth.
Prior to every shirt there was a routine safety huddle; this was always great. There was always a resource nurse and charge nurse, as well as nursing aids. The coworkers were great. The hardest part of the job was working nights.
Children's hospital of Philadelphia is the Number 1 in the nation for the past 10 years'
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
It was a privilege for me to work at CHOP for the past 10 years. At a typical day at work I had worked with a diversity of people and a management that supported their employee's and do everything to keep our patient's safe. I learned almost all of my job responsibilities are from CHOP. I enjoyed working at CHOP because it's challenging and also fun at the same time.
A day at CHOP
radiology student (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2015
I would learn my way around the radiology department. I would assist with fluoroscopic procedures to taking a general x-ray. I would as assist on trauma's and in the OR setting. I was a great place to learn at.
fast pace and fun place to work
medical coder (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: employee appreciate day
Cons: short breaks
compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records. Report any coding issues to the physicians. Very good relationship with co-workers and management! The hardest part of the job was educating the physicians!
Great place to work with children and the families
Environmental Services Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
Responsible for a variety of tasks in order to maintain required hospital standards of sanitation, cleanliness and aesthetic appearance.
Great Place to work
Level II Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Work in a fast pace busy ER. Years of ER nursing learned how to prioritize my assignment when time matters and delegate task when I need assists. Patient satisfaction is very important to me. I do my best to help with patient flow and communication of plan of care with patient and families. Enjoy working with my coworkers. Great team work caring for sick patients. Management is nice. But I have found that with there being over 100 RN in my department, a lot of good things I do to help the unit and my team get over looked. The hardest part of my job is the distance between home and work. Long commute + busy fast pace 12hr day= one exhausted RN.
Great mission
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2015
The mission is one every employee can get behind and makes day-to-day work more satisfying. Seeing the good work of helping children and knowing you were involved can be very satisfying.
Productive work place
Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2015
Very busy and productive place to work. Supportive managers, great opportunities to expand your education and advance in the work place.
A patient Representative Patient who is big on customer service
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: my coworkers
Cons: language barriers
Take the phones of service, pull up all my insurance and scheduling screens. Check patients in, verify demographics and insurance. Answer the phones when the call center was over loaded. Print out schedules for future appointments. We seen aleast 100 to 150 a day. While verifying upcoming appointments. that was the chance to see if there has been any changes, enter referral. What I learned was from the health care industry is changing and advancing in positive ways. The hardest part of my job trying to keep up with my co workers. Even thought I am very good at my job, I could have used some more training, EPIC was different IDX
Fun and great place to work
Respiratory Therapist III (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Great hospital to work at. Every staff member is delightful to work with. Nice cafeteria and plenty of resources throughout hospital.
outstanding and productive workplace
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: healthcare
I just recently got laid off after 19 years of service. I coded charts for Emergency Department (which the internationally outsourced) I also coded radiology, inpatient! The most enjoyable part about my job is working from home and the emergency department charts were interesting to read!!!!!
National recognized pediatric hospital
LIS Project Leader - Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoy the routine Microbiology work. My manager is incredibly supportive of individuals attending continuing education courses and career advancement courses. I was asked to attend Essentials in Leadership courses to prepare for future career ladder advancements. Management is also supportive of new ideas and helps organize new programs. I was able to co-chair and implement a national recognized program at CHOP, the Laboratory Awareness Program, that is meant to help strengthen the partnership between laboratory staff and nursing staff, as well as help provide education to nursing staff to improve patient care.
I work in a diverse laboratory with people from all different backgrounds. We also partner with University of Delaware to provide pre-graduation laboratory experience to soon-to-be clinical laboratory scientists.
The best part of my job is knowing that the testing I complete and the results that I provide help treat the children staying and visiting the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
world renowned pediatric hospital. Cutting edge reseach
Technical Specialist I (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Patient focused care. Good team to work with.
Genetic testing is complex. Potential for growth due to relationship with Penn researchers.
Lots to do, Lots to learn
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: children's hospital
Cons: most are young. pay so, so.
The pay is so, so. Some technician are nasty and non trustworthy. Management is fair. I had no problem with them. Actually I enjoyed it very much. Pay is a little less compared to other major hospital in Philadelphia. After all it's the children's hospital you are working for. There is age discrimination. Most are young, recently out of school.
Great organization
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great work being done to help children.
Cons: one's credentials seem to matter more than their character.
CHOP is great organization. Work/life balance is difficult due to the culture of the department. Work some nights and weekends, however mostly 9 to 5. All of the work done here helps children in so many ways... it's hard not to be proud to be an employee here.

About Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

In the City of Brotherly Love, sick little boys and girls have a place to get better at the The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia – Read more

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Salaries