Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Work life balance is outstanding
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed every minute of my 10 yrs at CHOP. They treat you well & expect you to work hard. The children are always the driving force & they do not forget that. The work life balance is fantastic. I was also blessed to have great managers.
High volume workload
Pre-Certification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2017
One a daily basis my workday consists of me monitoring my work queue for upcoming elective medical and surgical procedures for Orthopedic and NeuroSurg. Outreach to insurance companies to obtain authorizations in a timely manner, if required. Commute to division any issues that may arise.
a great place to grow
Special Projects Analyst - Collections (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
A great place to work but like every job there are pros and cons. Great benefits and a lot of room for growth and advancement. Would have stayed there had I not conceived twins boys.
Cons
management
Writing Music,Working Out,Hanging with my Family.
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2017
work well with others willing to learn an get the job done as safe an quickly as possible. People are able to keep smiles on those in need an that need help. professional care taking with the children
Pros
motiviation
Cons
negitivity
Great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
I enjoy working for CHOP. I have gained so much knowledge throughout my time here. Organization really care about emplyees and the benefits are great! I plan on retiring here!
Balanced work environment
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
Great time off. Awesome Benefits, flexible time with great pay. Transferring to different departments can be challenging. Management can be discouraging at times Clicks & Hierarchy.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management challenges
Overall good hospital
Food Service Worker /Hostess (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2017
Good benefits, great diversity, [ this needs some work, it seems like everyone one is related to some or knows someone who knows you, don't like that]. The building is beautiful on the outside, the inside is okay. being a former food service , there's to much walking across the bridge, must be fit to some degree.
Pros
free meal voucher, holiday paid, free parking on holidays, ppl time
Cons
management needs to be retrained, too many family related people at workforce
Children's Hospital
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2017
Chop is a very professional place. Chop has very nice workers and always work as team to get the job down. I have learned to work professionally, at a work center.
Chop
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2017
Its a nice place to work, there's no room for growth. And they prohibit transfer to other departments based on current pay and salary versus experience and education.
Fast paced
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2017
Good job, room for advancement fast paced, should have good communication skills, ok work environment, multicultural, multilingual. Overall it's a great job
not what i expected
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2017
long hours, little compensation. no life outside of work especially if you have children. company doesn't care about employees. great benefits but other than that nothing to offer. pay is terrible
My view
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2017
I enjoy seeing the unity of the staff and enjoy the inclusiveness of making decisions that will be incorporated for the general public. The atmosphere is warm and inviting.
Loved working at this location
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PAOctober 19, 2017
Excellent work/life balance, friendly faces and staff, pleasant overall working environment.

Awesome benefits, potential growth opportunities, friendly and helpful environment
Pros
Excellent reputation and it is all true!
Cons
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
Great Hospital, fantastic medicine and clinicians. break through procedures. outstanding leadership overall. Fun activities that break up the seriousness of the institution

long commute
Pros
longevity
Cons
no advancements
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager, Environmental & Linen Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work. Very Rewarding and always a pleasure to see the patients happy and to make their day. I would recommend working here as there is a great culture and room for growth.
Urgent Care has a great work life balance
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2017
I currently work in the Urgent Care Department. A typical day involves triaging patients and assessing if they need immediate care. I splint, suction, perform VS, perform CPR, urine tests, strep tests, glucose monitoring etc.

Our Nurse manager is wonderful. We work independently and we are not micro managed. We are a very good team and work well together. We swap shifts easily if unexpected events come up.

The hardest part of the job is actually working more hours because Urgent Care is only opened evenings and weekends which can conflict with family time.

I really enjoy the vast variability of the patients we see and all the different tasks we can perform independently.
fun and educational place to work
EKG Technician- Intern Position (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2017
I was a paid intern when I was chosen to work at CHOP. My time there gave me a lot of experience when it was time for me to move on. My co-workers were friendly and were willing to take the time and show me 'the ropes'. I cannot say enough about my immediate supervisor. He was kind,and encouraged me to learn as much as I could and not be afraid to ask questions.
Pros
Stress free work envirment
Cons
only a intern position
Busy
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
It would probably better if it was better managed. Always receive new rules that's not in the hand book. No potential for growth. Time management is an problem. I'm just looking for a new position and my employer is not letting that happen for me so I need to now seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Fulltime
My opinion
Lead Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
This is a okay place to work. I've meet a lot of people but I don't feel that I'm learning anything. I have to come up with my own things to keep busy.
Nurses Unit Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work. There are great benefits including medical , vision, dental, life insurance and 401K. Not much advancement for non clinical roles.
benefits