Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Decent Pay For IT
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2016
The pay is decent, but the workload is beyond what a person is able to acomplish. Management says they care about the employees and the work/life balance, but in the end, it is always about making management look good, PERIOD.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
unrealistic workload, if you are not a minority no chance for advancement
Productive and eduation workplace.
Clinical Information Manager/Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
The physicians and physicians assistants were very welcoming and accommodating to inexperienced people. They were able to help you learn on the job while still perform the work tasks.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Very demanding
Great place to work and thankful I am working there now...
IT Project Manager - Security and Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
Overall very good place to work. I like the people, it is convenient to local transportation and of course doing things in the long run to help the Hospital Staff to do their job better which in turn improves things for the Children and their families.
Pros
Great people and of course for the good of families and children.
Excellent Learning Environment
Customer Service Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
The job allows for employers to engage in a variety of tasks that increase learning and understanding of the job and the company as a whole.
Teaching hospital
Per Diem Flex Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2016
Supportive working environment, where people are committed to providing quality care. Learned to provide excellent culturally sensitive care to a diverse patient population, as a team member in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
I would like my personality to be linked to my dream job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2016
"See beyond my smile; get to know me." I want to gainfully employed by a(n) company/ organization that cherishes & encourages employees to be wonderful individuals and supports plus promotes strengths in its employees as a team.
Exhibits strong planning and organizing with ability to prioritize assignments and develop strategies that increase productivity.
Data Control Coordinator/Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 7, 2016
Provide exceptional contributions to customer service.
Strive for continued excellence.
Strong communication skills.
Eager to learn new things.
productive
Environmental Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2016
tedious, ok benefits, lots of people, good pay, as much overtime as desired, okay staff, friendly environment but has ran its course.
Good
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2016
It's okay to work . Lots of work. Management is so so.

Other than okay to work there.
Co works are good
The enjoyable part was Change Control
great atmosphere
Housekeeping duties (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2016
Most caring welcoming and loving environment. This hospital is #1 and I see why the staff that works here is so friendly welcoming and carter to the families needs.
Fast paced and demanding environment.
Hospital Environmental Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2016
The best part and absolutely rewarding is to see patients and families being prepared and ready to go home and making a difference to them.
Pros
Making a small difference and helping those patients and families.
Cons
Seen too many accidents or illnesses on those little patients
productive workplace
United Based Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2016
It can be a very hectic busy day but all the staff strive for greatness and effectiveness on giving good patient care. I love the effort that is put forth in any occasion to ensure patient safety. Team work is highly appreciative when it comes to the staff pulling together.
Great place to work. Committed to vision of being the safest Children's Hosp
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
Great place to work. Leaders and staff are both committed to vision of being the safest Children's Hospital. The sky is the limit at this organization. There are so many different ways and opportunity to continue to build your skillset.
Pros
Leaders and Staff are bought into the mission, Organization provides work life balance, Children teach adults how to be resilient as they weather their own storms
Cons
the rate of change, rapid change sometimes leads to lower satisfaction scores. They must keep an out of f
Chop
CPT Evaluation and Management codes (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2016
Good Place to work. People are really friendly. I have learned a lot from Chop. The enjoy working from home and using Epic is great
Great place to work for
Receptionist-Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2016
CHOP's environment is great to work in, but the hiring process takes to long. Overall, a great place to get your feet wet and understanding the medical field.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Hiring process takes to long
Miracles Come True
Financial Counselor of Cardiothoracic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2016
Children's Hospital is a place where your best is expected and always easy to give. It's a place where the impossible is possible. I been employed for over twenty-three years and every day you want to do better. It's a place that cares to care. Our management team is in a constant quest to develop a more efficient and modern way of improving processes.
Pros
Benefit Package and Salary
ok work place
Patient Access Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2016
there is to much going on and needs more organization.

needs work so that the employee can feel a lot more comfortable to work.
Implements good care to their customers, however, does not provide adequate support and encouragement to their employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job, while employed, was the interaction I had experienced with the patients and their families. I learned plenty of new things that I can contribute to my nursing care in the future, however, the expectations to learn in the short amount of time provided was unrealistic.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Lack of support and tools for employees to have successful outcomes
Fun place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2016
Cooperate america is not an easy place to work. ButCHOP made is easy. Fun place to work.Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Respiratory Student Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I learned a lot while a student observing at CHOP. They are one of the best in the nation and they show why they are. I would definitely recommend during a pediatric rotation there. I enjoyed my clinical experience there. I would love to work there one day hopefully.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2