Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employer Reviews

Productive work envionment with continuing education
Outpatient Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2014
CHOP is an institution that anyone would be gald they had a part or position in. Every day is a different day; the work flow is never the same. The best thing is that you're never feeling overwhelmed. Management always make sure that there was coverage if needed and they allowed for growth.
Pediatric Hospital on the Hematology/Immunology unit
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great learning environment with staff usually eager and willing to teach
Cons: often assigned overnight shifts, commute/traffic and parking
Each day I would be assigned on average about 9-10 patients and shift and would be responsible for collecting their vitals, intake/output, transporting them throughout the facility and help with with their daily life tasks. I was also taught to perform routine actions such as stocking the unit with gowns and medical supplies, preparing and priming IV lines, properly rechecking and identifying blood and nutritional formula products, and properly putting on personal protective equipment when patients were placed on isolation. The most difficult part of the job was often taking care of infants or very young children as they could often become very anxious around staff making all tasks more difficult and longer to complete. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing patients discharged in a much better state then when they came onto the unit as I could see my and all the staff efforts pay off and restore someone to a better medical state. Management and Co-workers were great at completing their tasks and providing assistance or schedule accommodations when fellow staff needed help.
No work life balance
Contract Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2014
Department mismanaged from the top down. Sr. procurement management very unprofessional. High turnover throughout department.
It was a very rewarding place to work.
Telecommunications Engineer II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2014
Each day presented a new challenge. The culture of the work place was very sectional. You needed to know who to contact in each department. As The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is a large institution, that created a hugh challenge. You needed to develop relationships in every department, which was a hugh task. Other than that it was a joy to help the children that needed our help.
Productive and Intriguing
Register Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2014
A fastpace workplace serving a multi cultural environment in the West Philadelphia area.
Working at Jefferson Hospital was great
Patient Service Representative (Cardiology) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: pharmaceutical reps would come in often and purchase the entire office lunch so that was great.
Cons: you could very well work some late nights which wasnt a problem to me.
Greeting patients at front desk, scheduling follow-up visits such as Upper Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. Explaining the preps to the patient prior to coming in for these procedures. Sometimes when needed I would work in Hepatology as well scheduling new patient visits and follow-up visits. Just basically maintaining the functions of the front desk. The job was not a difficult job just very busy. The enjoyable part was to interact with the patients and being able to calm them down when they were nervous about having certain procedures.
Very nice clean place to work
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work would be helping the parents of the patients. The co-workers are informative. The best part of the job is being able to help children.
Progressive, leading health institution with well respected, world renowned and talented group of physicians.
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2014
It was a stellar place to work and I learned a tremendous amount from my short time there.
number 1 children's hospital in the country
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2014
loved working at children's hospital of Philadelphia. Fun place and people to work with.
A job dedicated to a great cause.
Supply Chain Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: bad management and lack of proper training
A typical day at Children's Hospital included delivering medical equipment to various parts of the hospital and shortly after data entry to assure the availability of supplies to be requested throughout the rest of the work day, I learned a great deal of time management and working on a team with limited players, but always a huge task to be completed.
Excellent Place To Work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2014
Excellent place to work! The diversity and the room for advancement are things that may very well be unmatched!
Excellent experience, complex envinroment, collaborative and consensus driven
IS Principle Trainer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: reasonable income, strong it presence, strong financial health, state of the art with epic
Cons: consensus driven, decision making processes slow, under resourced people-wise
A collaborative and consensus driven environment.

Typical day: Update curriculums, build curriculums, set up classes, conduct classes, teach new trainers, process upgrade information about Epic's upcoming new version, workflow analysis, project startup and wind-down, post implementation operational training setup, learning management setup of curriculum, assessment development
Fun and exciting place to work
Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2014
Things are forever changing and evolving and CHOP try to stay aware of that for both their employees and their customers.
Very fast paced and professional environment
Assistant Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2014
Pros: we provided a concierge to the units, which addressed supply needs in real time.
Cons: planning: operational plans were followed through as formulated, which would have address the service level agreements issues.
- A typical day at work consist of reassuring that we have appropriate staffing levels, unit checks, inventory checks, making sure inventory control systems are operational, addressing customer complaints/issues, shift reports, addressing employee issues, shift hand-off's to oncoming management, shipping and receiving inventory, quality control checks, staff meetings with unit charge staff.

- I've learned how to manage staff in a fast paced, evolving environment.

- Due to consistent management changes, I've learned to be more knowledgeable manager by learning all aspects of inventory management to ensure the continuance of operational production.

- As the longest standing manager in my position, I've trained most of my cohorts in the operational practices of the facilities and lamented the expectations of the customer. This has proved to valuable in ensuring operational continuity.

- The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the standards of the constant management changes. We were never able to follow through with operational models we established under the last manager after months of research and revision. Each managers vision of the department was different, but before we could see the effects of the operational changes we implemented, we were changing models again.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction of the customers we assisted. The staff appreciated our dedication to our mission and the patients care were the ultimate results of our efforts.
Very demanding and fast paced environment
Account Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2014
Pros: located in center city
Cons: you can shop anywhere
This is one of the most rewarding positions that I have held since employment for me. I have been here for 13 years and I believe that a change is needed for advancment
the job was really fun
Inventory Control Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2014
The People at the job was very nice I got to learn a lot about everyone .
Relaxed, hard-working environment with friendly co-workers.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2014
A typical day in Human Resources at CHOP is pretty eventful. There tends to be quite a few people coming in and out of the office for interviews and meetings. Phone calls that come in tend to vary from day to day but it is very rare that not a single person calls the office. I've learned how to handle myself in a fairly fast-paced environment while also appreciating the moments when the day and workload is not so quick. My co-workers are always willing to help one another out which gives confidence to everyone knowing that there is someone who has your back. Management is excellent in making sure subordinates are working at peak efficiency. They are not overbearing but are not hesitant to come in when called upon. The most difficult part of the job tends to be the phone calls. There are always different personalities on the other line and it takes strong personal and phone skills to handle a caller who may not be interested in being cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Management and all my co-workers make for a lovely, relaxed environment and coming into work every day with people that make Human Resources the well-oiled machine that I am a part of is truly a thrill.
Wonderful collaboration between nurse practitioners
Diabetes Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2014
Working at Children's Hospital for Children has been a wonderful experience. My co-workers, from nurse practitioner, social workers, staff nurses and physicians have given me a wealth of knowledge to leave with. My work with the patients and their parents has given me the opportunity to help them deal with their chronic illness positively and make sure when they go home, they are prepared to manage their children's care. The hardest part of my job is the lack of continuity. When they leave, I usually never see them again. I maintain phone contact for a few months, but then they move on to outpatient care.
Great salaries and benefits
Field Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits.
Cons: it feels bigger than many other work places and not as personable.
I learnt a lot working at CHOP, both through my co-workers and through classes I took.
Productive and fun work enviorment.
Radiology technologist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2014
Excellent place to work. Dedicated, caring and hard working employees.

About Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

In the City of Brotherly Love, sick little boys andĀ girls have a place to get better at theĀ The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia – Read more

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Salaries