Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Clinical Trials Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2015
I have had nothing but a great time working at this job. They expected a lot from me in terms of professionalism. But they had fun too.
great place
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2015
I love working for CHOP, they have dedicated professionals who really care about the kids. People work together to get the work done and care for patients in the safest way possible.
Not Well Organized
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
My review of this company is based upon my direct supervisor who was barely available and had unrealistic expectations.
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow .Very supportive work environment with room for growth for employees.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2015
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally for whatever you are passionate about.
Very supportive work environment with room for growth for employees.
I enjoyed working @ CHOP
CLINIC COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  34th & Civic Center BlvdMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at CHOP for the number of years of my employment. However, I found it extremely difficult to advance, be promoted, or move laterally.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The departments I worked in were not union positions
Love Chop
Coding Operations & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Great place to work. Have to have a work life balance though because you will work day and night if you allow yourself too,
Productive work place with great food choices
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Typical day starts with a small cup of coffee. Then I'll log onto my computer, clear out the batch from the day before. Patients typically start arriving at 730am. At times it's bust and then there are times where there is only 40 people on the schedule. Smooth day is someone who comes into the office with all the correct information/documents. Hectic day is when someone comes in and we don't accept there insurance.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Beautiful scenary, plenty of places to chose from for lunch.
Interesting Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2015
The culture of this organization could use a make-over. This was not a good fit for my skill set. The pay needs to be more competitive with the rest of the industry.
Pros
Well Known Enterprise
Cons
Many
An Exciting and Fun Work Experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2015
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is a fast paced work environment with a lot of upbeat co-workers to keep you motivated throughout the work day.
My co-workers are great team players
Project Buyer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2015
Because I work with a group of well informed individuals who mission is to work together to get things done for the children at the hospital, it makes my job enjoyable. When the goal is to get the product to the patient and/or hospital you learn to make quick, knowledgeable, and detailed decisions.
Pros
typical day is very busy and goes by fast
Cons
contract position

Want to know more about Children's Hospital of Philadelphia?

Ask a question
Excellent caring and professional institution!
Pediatric Pulmonary RN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2015
Rated #1 in the nation in several disciplines. Consistently top 5 ratings in most areas. Excellence in every employees attitude and execution that I worked with through 22 years!
Great place to work.
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work is mostly enjoyable. The co-workers care about one another and so does the Management staff.The hardest part of the job is rush time but hey, I am at work and it gives me a great feeling to make someone happy.Customer satisfaction is the most enjoyable part!
It's a productive and Fun place to work
Systems Analyst (EPIC) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2015
Certified in Epic Clinical Documentation, ASAP, and Clarity Inpatient Fundamentals with a BS degree in Computer Information Systems and a build experience with Epic ASAP and Clindoc applications, is seeking an opportunity as an Epic Analyst.

Specialized in creating user requirements and configure the build according to the user requirements.
• Participated in Content Validation Sessions.
• Data Migration through Data courier.
• Workflows knowledges in Epic inpatient and outpatient applications such as ADT/Prelude, Cadence, Ambulatory, Radiant, Willow, ASAP,Meaningful Use etc.
• Experienced in building test cases in order to test the builds in Dev and Test environments.
• Hands-on ability to contribute individually and in a team environment.
Pros
Flexible environment
Okay Place to Work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
I was never given the opportunity to break through a glass ceiling even though I had obtained a bachelors degree and have been a great employee while working there. My employer was fine with letting me leave even though thye knew I was a great employee. You would think they would want to keep those kind of employees.
Pros
Great place and atmosphere, and ideologies
Cons
poor management in my particular department
Registered Nurse NICU (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2015
Work days were busy 12 hrs with highly acute patient. I learned a lot of clinical skills. The management was very helpful most of the time. All of my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part for me was dealing with multiple acute patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to improve the outcome for the patients.
Pros
Paid was good, co-worker were great and very helpful
Productive, fun and enriching environment.
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
Prior to every shirt there was a routine safety huddle; this was always great. There was always a resource nurse and charge nurse, as well as nursing aids. The coworkers were great. The hardest part of the job was working nights.
Pros
opportunity for professional development and growth.
Children's hospital of Philadelphia is the Number 1 in the nation for the past 10 years'
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
It was a privilege for me to work at CHOP for the past 10 years. At a typical day at work I had worked with a diversity of people and a management that supported their employee's and do everything to keep our patient's safe. I learned almost all of my job responsibilities are from CHOP. I enjoyed working at CHOP because it's challenging and also fun at the same time.
fast pace and fun place to work
medical coder (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records. Report any coding issues to the physicians. Very good relationship with co-workers and management! The hardest part of the job was educating the physicians!
Pros
employee appreciate day
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work with children and the families
Environmental Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
Responsible for a variety of tasks in order to maintain required hospital standards of sanitation, cleanliness and aesthetic appearance.
Great Place to work
Level II Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Work in a fast pace busy ER. Years of ER nursing learned how to prioritize my assignment when time matters and delegate task when I need assists. Patient satisfaction is very important to me. I do my best to help with patient flow and communication of plan of care with patient and families. Enjoy working with my coworkers. Great team work caring for sick patients. Management is nice. But I have found that with there being over 100 RN in my department, a lot of good things I do to help the unit and my team get over looked. The hardest part of my job is the distance between home and work. Long commute + busy fast pace 12hr day= one exhausted RN.

4.2