Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work!
Front Desk Registrar (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2015
One of the best places to work in the Philadelphia area. Great atmosphere. The best coworkers. Awesome perks (insurance, benefits, etc.). Couldn't ask for a better employer.
Pros
Benefits are great. The atmosphere is positive.
good food
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2015
you get trained every where they want to make sure that you know what you doing before they let you work on your own, hardest part of the job is delivering the medications its a big Hospital and you are on your feet for 8 hrs
Environment needs to work on teamwork
Senior Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaJuly 15, 2015
I have been employed within CHOP for the last 13 years and throughout the organization the sense of community has slowly been driven out. The once family-like atmosphere has disappeared and the ego has emerged. If everyone were to focus on the goal, that we can not do any of this good work alone CHOP will regain it title as being the number one Children's Hospital.
Pros
Free parking after 2:00
Cons
Day shift charged parking and no free food.
Best place every
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2015
CHOP is the #1 leading Institution in Pediatric healh care. The vast amount of opportunity to learn, witness and grow at this facility is endless
Very productive place to work
CytoGenomics Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2015
I had a very good experience at children's hospital.
I have got very good reviews. Iwould go back there again. They treat there employees with respect
A great place to learn
Community Based Master's Project Researcher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2015
I completed my Master's Thesis at CHOP and was surrounded by a supportive group who cared about my experience and my project.
Excellent patient experience and work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2015
Spent good portion of time with psychologist assisting in patient interactions, testing and counseling. Very fun experience that allowed patient interactions.
Good people to work with
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Concord, PAJune 3, 2015
I enjoy working here but the only drawback I face with this job is the commute. I have gained valuable experience working for this company.
Clinical Trials Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2015
I have had nothing but a great time working at this job. They expected a lot from me in terms of professionalism. But they had fun too.
great place
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2015
I love working for CHOP, they have dedicated professionals who really care about the kids. People work together to get the work done and care for patients in the safest way possible.
Not Well Organized
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
My review of this company is based upon my direct supervisor who was barely available and had unrealistic expectations.
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow .Very supportive work environment with room for growth for employees.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2015
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally for whatever you are passionate about.
Very supportive work environment with room for growth for employees.
I enjoyed working @ CHOP
CLINIC COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  34th & Civic Center BlvdMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at CHOP for the number of years of my employment. However, I found it extremely difficult to advance, be promoted, or move laterally.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The departments I worked in were not union positions
Love Chop
Coding Operations & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Great place to work. Have to have a work life balance though because you will work day and night if you allow yourself too,
Productive work place with great food choices
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Typical day starts with a small cup of coffee. Then I'll log onto my computer, clear out the batch from the day before. Patients typically start arriving at 730am. At times it's bust and then there are times where there is only 40 people on the schedule. Smooth day is someone who comes into the office with all the correct information/documents. Hectic day is when someone comes in and we don't accept there insurance.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Beautiful scenary, plenty of places to chose from for lunch.
Interesting Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2015
The culture of this organization could use a make-over. This was not a good fit for my skill set. The pay needs to be more competitive with the rest of the industry.
Pros
Well Known Enterprise
Cons
Many
An Exciting and Fun Work Experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2015
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is a fast paced work environment with a lot of upbeat co-workers to keep you motivated throughout the work day.
My co-workers are great team players
Project Buyer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2015
Because I work with a group of well informed individuals who mission is to work together to get things done for the children at the hospital, it makes my job enjoyable. When the goal is to get the product to the patient and/or hospital you learn to make quick, knowledgeable, and detailed decisions.
Pros
typical day is very busy and goes by fast
Cons
contract position
Excellent caring and professional institution!
Pediatric Pulmonary RN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2015
Rated #1 in the nation in several disciplines. Consistently top 5 ratings in most areas. Excellence in every employees attitude and execution that I worked with through 22 years!
Great place to work.
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work is mostly enjoyable. The co-workers care about one another and so does the Management staff.The hardest part of the job is rush time but hey, I am at work and it gives me a great feeling to make someone happy.Customer satisfaction is the most enjoyable part!

4.2