Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters Employee Reviews in United States

New Direction
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 11, 2016
Working for this organization put me on the path to the medical field. I realized that my administrative skills proved to be beneficial in the non-clinical area of healthcare.
Good place to work if you like pediatrics
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children. I enjoyed working in the operating room and correcting defects in the children. Also enjoyed working with many of the surgeons. A great learning experience.
Chkd
Lab Systems Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping children. They are a joy to work with. My co-workers are also enjoyable.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short break/ no break
Productive and nice place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 15, 2015
Productive and nice place to work. Nice people that I work with on a daily basis. I enjoy working for a children's hospital.
Pros
Good benefits, pay, etc.
Cons
Working away from home.
Most enjoyable part of job is to help the parents/patients
Patient Registration Technician (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 11, 2015
I would recommend this job but probably at the hospital(not an off site facility) where there is room to advance and move around.
Pros
Monday- Friday
Cons
Too long to accrue vacation time, no advancement
We transcribe for a Children's Hospital. Very interesting work. Very sad as well.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VirginiaAugust 31, 2015
Typical day of work is transcribing/editing/speech recognition of various pediatric specialties. The hardest part of the job is typing medical records for kids that are usually very sick.
Pros
Benefits, pay, working for children who are very special.
Normal day
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Therapy ServicesAugust 6, 2015
A normal day involved cleaning and sterilizing toys and bikes for the patients. I also maintained supplies for equipment and ordered food when needed based on therapists request. I was also able to work alongside of therapists to assist in therapy sessions when need.
great working enviorment
nutrition services (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 30, 2015
great place to work for co workers are nice great way to meet new patients and hear different kinds of stories and a way to change peoples lives
Pros
great place
Cons
parking
Great organization
Physician Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2015
Great organization to work for; from senior leadership to employees. Like most organizations HR can be very slow with handling administrative actions when it pertains to administrative actions.
Pros
awesome senior leadership
Cons
compensation is not the best
Great staff
Sodexo Resource Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 4, 2015
Friendliest hospital staff I have ever encountered. All the staff there seemed to genuinely love children and what they do to help those kids.
Pros
Staff
Cons
some patient cases can be depressing
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 17, 2015
CHKD was a great place to work. Awesome managers who really helped their employees succeed. I loved it there. Pay scale was good and they were a professional hospital.
IS Applications Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 26, 2015
Typical Day is from 08:00-17:00
Good people to work with. Great management.
Beautiful facility with a lots of new additions.
Great group of Radiologists that I work with.
RIS/PACs Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RadiolgoyMarch 23, 2015
My skill-set and industry expertise are comprehensive and up-to-date. I make it my top priority to see that my job duties are done well and efficiently. I am a resourceful and solutions-driven individual with several year’s experience in the Health Care IT specifically Radiology Picture Archival Computer System, PACS. I am the administrator for the Powerscribe, Syncomm, Terarecon, and Mobility systems. I have implemented Powerscribe, Veriphy, Synapse Mobility, Syncomm, Synapse upgrade, and Terarecon successfully.

I believe my experiences and track record make me an excellent fit for this opportunity. Please feel free to contact me via phone or email at a time of your convenience to discuss my background as well as the requirements for the role.
Pros
working directly with the radiologists
Cons
no compensation for overtime worked.
Great things for the kids
Senior Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 2, 2015
Having an attachment to the kids is one of the best things about working here.

Plenty of things to learn although training provided is weak.
I would recommend working for the Director of Safety & Security Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA a23507January 18, 2015
It was very difficult working for someone who was hard to please. She was never happy even when I fixed the corrections she asked for only to be told to correct them again, and again, and again.
Pros
i enjoyed feeling like i was contributing to helping sick children feel better.
Cons
it was hard working for someone who did not appreciate my work ethics.
I am here to get the job done and to do it well
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 28, 2014
a typical day for me includes signing in at 5:00 am getting all of my sedation charts ready by copying orders. Arranging the charts according to the arrival times of the patients. This would be for 30 minutes. Then off to the 3rd floor for day surgery patients coming in at 5:30 am called first starts which include about 6 patients being registered in the prep rooms. sign in with my badge and putting in the demographics of the patient making copies of the insurance and id and getting the parent of the patient to sign the consent forms. this process is for 1 hour in the morning. I then go back to my original destination on the 1st floor back in the sedation area and this goes on from about 6:30 am until 1:30pm. after this I go back into the admitting area and register patients there that have scheduled exams or some walk ins. I enter orders in and enter the patients into the tracking area so the techs will know where to pick the patients up from. This is a repetitive process. I enjoy talking with parents and just making them feel good through the process with their children. the hardest part of the job is to see the children that are really suffering with their sickness. Everyday for me is a learning process and no matter how long you have worked on a job everyday you learn something new. My co-workers are so helpful and we always help each other out. The management is always around for questions or concerns. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing at the end of the day that my smile and kindness has made someone's visit a little more than just a visit at the hospital but  more... a pleasant one.  less
Pros
not everyone will be nice to you but it is up to you to be nice to them
Cons
it is important to all work together to get the job done
its a cool place to work
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 11, 2014
management is ok
coworkers love them
attitudes
been around ppl
One of the best places to work.
MANAGER, MATERIEL MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 3, 2014
Hired to set up and organize off-site warehouse to distribute supplies to hospital 24/7. Tasked with reducing stock outs while increasing turnovers. Had a great management team and staff to work with.
Pros
best place to work
Great place to work but no reward for a job well done
Office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VirginiaAugust 19, 2014
I have worked 15+ years at CHKD and have loved every year of being there. The only way to get a decent raise in salary is to change positions every 2 to 3 years. In the last five years that I've had two cost-of-living increases.
Pros
being a part of a large healthcare organization that cares for kids
Cons
no merit increases
Outpatient
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2014
I worked in the outpatient setting of the Children's Hospital. It was a satisfying experience that consisted of treating children with a variety of disorders. I enjoyed my children that were complex and required assistance from multiple disciplines because it gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of techniques specifically for Autistic children to help them cope with their environments and learn more effectively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters. Our community is ready to answer.