Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota

Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Employee Reviews

We know children here
Staff Nurse- Float Team and Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 28, 2017
I enjoy my coworkers here. They, along with management, empower me to provide the best care possible for patients. The work day is also different with acting as a patient advocate being the one constant. Sure, there are hard days but coworkers and management are supportive.
High Stress, very understaffed
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 21, 2017
Respiratory dept. Is always very understaffed to an unsafe level. High turnover due to this and the extensive information and number of departments needed to train in. Poor training. Often felt I am put in unsafe situations with lack of staffing. Great employees though. It is a shame they cannot ever be staffed well enough. You can make the same amount of money and similar benefits anywhere else however the knowledge you do obtain with children is fantastic.
Pros
Staff, working with kids
Cons
Dangerously understaffed, extremely stressful, unappreciated
An Organization in Transition
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2017
Children's Minnesota is a fast-paced pediatric healthcare organizaiton that is growing while facing many changes in the healthcare landscape including the ACA and how that impacts business. There has been a lot of senior leadership turnover in the past five years, which changes the culture of the organization - not for better or worse - but forces individuals to be receptive to ongoing change.
Pros
Doing good work for kids and families in need.
Cons
Unstable outcomes due to leadership changes
I Loved working Here.
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 31, 2017
Children's was a wonderful place to work. The nursing staff are really nice. The Environmental Services supervisors are good to work with. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. the only reason that I left was to pursue my college degree.
Intern
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Internship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2017
I gave it lower compensation and job security scores because I was an unpaid intern. I hads a really great experience at Children's. They have a good group of BMETs, and I would have been happy to have gotten a job there.
Can be a rewarding place to work.
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2017
Working at Children's Hospital can be a rewarding experience. As a unit secretary you meet and help several different people in different roles at the hospital. It can be challenging, however, when dealing with coworkers and people with different medical skill levels.
Pros
Excellent benefits for part time employees.
Cons
There is a definite feeling of hierarchy.
Collaborative place to work
Director, Research and Sponsored Programs (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 14, 2017
Great mission. Wonderful employees. Standard of care is excellent. Very thin margins. Needs to expand payer mix and find ways to support research. Needs an academic partner.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Benefits not that good. Weak :Payer Mix
na
Supervisor Surgical Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Very patient centered organization. However, there is much improvement that can be made with standard work and organization across the campus'.
Lead Corporate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2017
The best part of the job was working to keep children healthy. My work was steady and challenging and had good people to work with. Only left the job because of the office relocation, which may be a great location for others.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work location - office relocated far from my home in 2016
Great communication, fun atmosphere
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2017
I loved the atmosphere and everybody who worked at Children's. No matter what your job title people worked as a team. Great benefits and support from both management and HR. Awesome pay. All and round great job!
Pros
Benefits, pay, atmosphere
Cons
Promotions not based on performance

Want to know more about Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota?

Ask a question
Dont work here
Charge Nurse and Resource Nurse, Direct (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2016
Terrible place. They don't care about innovation, but just getting a product out. It is a typical business that needs to cut people to get jobs done and then has no one to do the work. Dumb.
horrible management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 24, 2016
Management talks about values but doesn't follow them. Management throws each other under the bus at any opportunity. Management talks about values and culture but doesn't support them. Management doesn't address physician behavior.
Pros
helping kids is great
Cons
management is horrible
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Paul Park, MNMarch 1, 2016
Well I was a housekeeping lead for second shift and I would deliver beds and cribs to the floors among other things.
I really learned a lot working in housekeeping in the close to ten years I was employed with the company. I worked with a diverse group of people and I really enjoyed it.
I enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
Working with kids
Excellent co-workers / horrible management
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  MinneapolsJanuary 26, 2016
As many previous have already stated, management is poor and rather uneducated! There is seemingly no support for employees who wish to return to school to further their education or improve themselves or at the very least, improve their department! Agreed - HR has their own objectives, even in the light of the moral and professional aptitude of their so-called managers! Status quo appears to be their goal and they have accomplished that on a whole other level! I would not recommend anyone who has a goal to better themselves work here. Truly unfortunate for an organization that has our future (kiddos) in their hands.
Pros
Co-workers
Excellent Benefits Excellent Coworkers
RN, Charge and Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Extremely fast past environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. Everyday is a new adventure and not knowing what is going to happen in any given day is part of the fun. Excellent hospital for children and very dedicated to families as well. A typical day at work is never knowing what you may walk into when you hit the floor. Co-workers are all awesome and very supportive. Hardest part of the job is when you cannot possibly do any more than you already have physically and mentally but know that the outcome of what is happening cannot be changed.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
parking fees
Great place to work!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 2, 2015
Great company values and culture with ways of helping families. Great benefit packages and great vacation time. Not much room for growth unless you get a higher education or until someone retires.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits Package
Cons
Not much room for growth...until someone retires
worked as liason
Lead Core Tech (Former Employee) –  March, MNMay 28, 2015
Worked in the OR as a lead core tech, coordinated with CPD on all assests of operation to help both departments run smoothly. helped in cv and was a main person for endocopsies and colonoscopies. was being trained to send out equipment that was needing repair and at times dealt with sales reps. worked well with doctors making sure their needs were met, same with nurses. worked well under pressure and kept a sense of humor during it. worked closely with CPD manager
Pros
knowing that my help contributed to good care of the children
Cons
seeing sick babies really depressed me at times
Very good support
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2015
After working in group homes for years where you are the only one you can count on it was refreshing to work in a place where you always feel like you have support. No matter what happened there were people to help you.
As wonderful as it sounds.
Desktop and Project Support (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Working for a non-profit children's hospital is an awe-inspiring thing to report to every day. The work is rewarding, the people friendly and amazing. Everything is self contained.
Pros
Excellent culture and people
Cons
Contract work, spotty reliability
terrible employer
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2014
terrible employer they bash their employees and gossip its almost like working at a high school I had to file a case with labor board for these exact reasons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Reviews by Location