Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Employee Reviews

na
Supervisor Surgical Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Very patient centered organization. However, there is much improvement that can be made with standard work and organization across the campus'.
Lead Corporate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2017
The best part of the job was working to keep children healthy. My work was steady and challenging and had good people to work with. Only left the job because of the office relocation, which may be a great location for others.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work location - office relocated far from my home in 2016
Great communication, fun atmosphere
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2017
I loved the atmosphere and everybody who worked at Children's. No matter what your job title people worked as a team. Great benefits and support from both management and HR. Awesome pay. All and round great job!
Pros
Benefits, pay, atmosphere
Cons
Promotions not based on performance
Dont work here
Charge Nurse and Resource Nurse, Direct (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2016
Terrible place. They don't care about innovation, but just getting a product out. It is a typical business that needs to cut people to get jobs done and then has no one to do the work. Dumb.
horrible management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 24, 2016
Management talks about values but doesn't follow them. Management throws each other under the bus at any opportunity. Management talks about values and culture but doesn't support them. Management doesn't address physician behavior.
Pros
helping kids is great
Cons
management is horrible
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Paul Park, MNMarch 1, 2016
Well I was a housekeeping lead for second shift and I would deliver beds and cribs to the floors among other things.
I really learned a lot working in housekeeping in the close to ten years I was employed with the company. I worked with a diverse group of people and I really enjoyed it.
I enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
WORKING WITH KIDS
Cons
NONE
Excellent co-workers / horrible management
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  MinneapolsJanuary 26, 2016
As many previous have already stated, management is poor and rather uneducated! There is seemingly no support for employees who wish to return to school to further their education or improve themselves or at the very least, improve their department! Agreed - HR has their own objectives, even in the light of the moral and professional aptitude of their so-called managers! Status quo appears to be their goal and they have accomplished that on a whole other level! I would not recommend anyone who has a goal to better themselves work here. Truly unfortunate for an organization that has our future (kiddos) in their hands.
Pros
Co-workers
Excellent Benefits Excellent Coworkers
RN, Charge and Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Extremely fast past environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. Everyday is a new adventure and not knowing what is going to happen in any given day is part of the fun. Excellent hospital for children and very dedicated to families as well. A typical day at work is never knowing what you may walk into when you hit the floor. Co-workers are all awesome and very supportive. Hardest part of the job is when you cannot possibly do any more than you already have physically and mentally but know that the outcome of what is happening cannot be changed.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
parking fees
Great place to work!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 2, 2015
Great company values and culture with ways of helping families. Great benefit packages and great vacation time. Not much room for growth unless you get a higher education or until someone retires.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits Package
Cons
Not much room for growth...until someone retires
worked as liason
Lead Core Tech (Former Employee) –  March, MNMay 28, 2015
Worked in the OR as a lead core tech, coordinated with CPD on all assests of operation to help both departments run smoothly. helped in cv and was a main person for endocopsies and colonoscopies. was being trained to send out equipment that was needing repair and at times dealt with sales reps. worked well with doctors making sure their needs were met, same with nurses. worked well under pressure and kept a sense of humor during it. worked closely with CPD manager
Pros
knowing that my help contributed to good care of the children
Cons
seeing sick babies really depressed me at times
Very good support
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2015
After working in group homes for years where you are the only one you can count on it was refreshing to work in a place where you always feel like you have support. No matter what happened there were people to help you.
As wonderful as it sounds.
Desktop and Project Support (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Working for a non-profit children's hospital is an awe-inspiring thing to report to every day. The work is rewarding, the people friendly and amazing. Everything is self contained.
Pros
Excellent culture and people
Cons
Contract work, spotty reliability
terrible employer
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2014
terrible employer they bash their employees and gossip its almost like working at a high school I had to file a case with labor board for these exact reasons.
Workplace is ok.
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  saint Paul, MinnesotaSeptember 2, 2014
I work my shift and then go home. The area in which I work is fun. The people are nice.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Too far from home.
Rewarding job helping sick Children
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2013
Being at a place where you see sick children go home happy and healthy is always a plus.
The best part is that we don't turn any child away regardless if they can afford it or not. So our office works on raising funds all day every day to keep that option available to every family.
The hardest part is knowing that some children don't make it or won't go home healthy.
Pros
Receiving thank you cards and gifts from Children
Fun place with lot's of work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJune 9, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Children's Hospital because it was rewarding to see the nurses and doctors care for the children. At every job you will find dysfunction and you have to decide which battle you will fight.I use to be a HUC and i learned a lot from my other co-workers.Our management was ok to me but i believe tha t that area had a lot of management issues after i left. The co-workers on the 7th floor seemed to worked together pretty well. The hardest part of that job was sometimes keeping up with the orders if you were asigned on the floor alone, but there was always a charge nurse who was willinging to help out.
Pros
Able to request LOA's when the census was low, discounted bus passes, computer loans
Cons
Having a non-contract position
Weird Place
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MInneapolis, MNMay 14, 2013
CHC's patient care is second to none, but the top-heavy management leaves much to be desired. In addition, there is A LOT of shenanigans that certain biomed managers get away with and the HR staff would rather stab you in the back before assisting you with any "issues."

All-in-all, CHC would be a wonderful place to work if they could see the proverbial forest for the trees.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits, excellent patient care
Cons
Abysmal management!
Interesting and varied work
Shift Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2013
Supervision and mentoring of contract security officers to assure quality performance. Response to Medical Codes, dealing with disorderly conduct and disagreements. Making sure staff and patients are kept safe and secure while on campus.
Pros
Very varied work environment that provides challenges
Fun place to work.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2012
Lots of action at this job!

Did security (shift supervisor on overnights), and found the staff to be very friendly people.

This is definitely a good place to work, with a very knowledgeable staff.
Pros
fast-paced environment
Cons
not enough compensation
HIM/Transcription - definitely not a place you want to work!
former employee (Former Employee) –  minneapolisSeptember 2, 2012
Good pay, great benefits with the exception of having to match a holiday you work with PTO time!!! Transcription supervisor is all about herself - whatever makes her look better. Longevity means nothing. Does not give adequate time to learn new formats, etc. Would never recommend working in transcription or HIM. Very poor management. Children's as a whole is a great place to bring your sick kids - not a good place to work.
Pros
great coworkers - great medical care
Cons
extremely poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Reviews by Location