Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota

Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Employer Reviews

Fun place with lot's of work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), MinneapolisJune 9, 2013
Pros: able to request loa's when the census was low, discounted bus passes, computer loans
Cons: having a non-contract position
I really enjoyed working at Children's Hospital because it was rewarding to see the nurses and doctors care for the children. At every job you will find dysfunction and you have to decide which battle you will fight.I use to be a HUC and i learned a lot from my other co-workers.Our management was ok to me but i believe tha t that area had a lot of management – more... issues after i left. The co-workers on the 7th floor seemed to worked together pretty well. The hardest part of that job was sometimes keeping up with the orders if you were asigned on the floor alone, but there was always a charge nurse who was willinging to help out. – less
Weird Place
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), MInneapolis, MNMay 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay/benefits, excellent patient care
Cons: abysmal management!
CHC's patient care is second to none, but the top-heavy management leaves much to be desired. In addition, there is A LOT of shenanigans that certain biomed managers get away with and the HR staff would rather stab you in the back before assisting you with any "issues."

All-in-all, CHC would be a wonderful place to work if they could see the proverbial – more... forest for the trees. – less
Interesting and varied work
Shift Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2013
Pros: very varied work environment that provides challenges
Supervision and mentoring of contract security officers to assure quality performance. Response to Medical Codes, dealing with disorderly conduct and disagreements. Making sure staff and patients are kept safe and secure while on campus.
Fun place to work.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2012
Pros: fast-paced environment
Cons: not enough compensation
Lots of action at this job!

Did security (shift supervisor on overnights), and found the staff to be very friendly people.

This is definitely a good place to work, with a very knowledgeable staff.
HIM/Transcription - definitely not a place you want to work!
former employee (Former Employee), minneapolisSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: great coworkers - great medical care
Cons: extremely poor management
Good pay, great benefits with the exception of having to match a holiday you work with PTO time!!! Transcription supervisor is all about herself - whatever makes her look better. Longevity means nothing. Does not give adequate time to learn new formats, etc. Would never recommend working in transcription or HIM. Very poor management. Children's as a – more... whole is a great place to bring your sick kids - not a good place to work. – less

– September 5, 2012

I too am a former employee - transcription would be great if they would get rid of the transcription manager - she only cares about herself and how to make herself better - I know other transcriptionists who feel the same way - definitely would not work for her!

In the non-contract area of Children's, I would not recommend anyone working for them
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Roseville, MNJuly 15, 2012
Pros: fantasic co-workers
Cons: no advancement, bad management
Your job is your job and you must do that, what you learn is fantastic, but unless you are in their click there is no advancement on the job. The co-workers are great and work very hard. Management is terrible, we went w/o a supervisor for over 3 years, really had no one to go to, we were left to run the dept. ourselves ( which in my opion we did very – more... well) then when something did go wrong, we were always the first to blame. They put more and more work upon us, then complained when we could not keep up to all their demands. They put time limits on the phones, which is very hard to do when your working in the customer service field. I would say the most enjoyable park of my job, were my co-workers. I worked for Childrens for way over 25 years and they laid me off. – less

Corbin – September 14, 2012

Like the heading said. I work helpdesk at Children's for 7 years and could not get another job in the IT department, because the manager could not have that. The only way you get out of the helpdesk department is being lazy, or getting fired. Most of the staff seem to always call in at least every week. I'm sure everyone got burnt out. I left and found a better job. The benefits were ok and the PTO match for working holidays was not good. Most of the smarter people in the IT department left for better companies. Avoid the IT department at Children's like the plague at all cost.

Great Place to work
Nutrition Services Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2012
Pros: great schedule
Have 26 years of management experience. Enjoyed working as a team

Fatemah – August 19, 2012

I would love to be apart of a great team like your, hardwork, communicate well, out-going, positive attitude. It's great to have a job were you can expand all this things above to be successful in your career.

– May 14, 2013

It's interesting that you left a positive comment ... especially after being unceremoniously "laid off." What you don't know is that had you not accepted the conditions, you would have been terminated. Anyhow, you were about to retire anyhow AND received a very nice severance package.