Children's Institute, Inc

Children's Institute, Inc Employer Reviews

Wonderful mission and great events
Grants/Donations Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2013
Pros: staff, mission, events
Cons: low pay
This is wonderful organzaiton that really helps the community. I had a dream manager who was interested in my career development, but not all managers are like that. The compensation of assistants seemed a little low compared to managers. They have cool fundraising and staff events that really makes you proud to work there.
Provides Mental Health Services for abused and neglected children
Administrative Lead (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2013
Pros: strength based staff
Cons: silo affect in some locations, resources are limited
Whatever it takes is the theme for getting the job done. At times this can be motivating. While working away from a grass roots approach to becoming pioneers within the industry for certain communities, the focus on infrastructure is key. Processes and procedures need to be established and practiced to support goals that are in place. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is being able to see the lives of children and their families touched and supported in a way that makes them high functioning in society, despite the challenges and traumas they face. – less
Creative and progressive!
Applicant (Former Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: friendly and courteous human resource staff.
Cons: the interview questioner was confusing and needs revamping, there are too many objectives in each question, each questioner should be assisted with a short written portion, interviews could be completed with two people.
The recent open house interview process was a fantastic and assertive process. In todays chaotic and uncertain job market it was a relief to get a first hand account of child care professionals seeking employment. This representation was an eye opener.

– April 24, 2013

I agree with your comment about the interview.I recently was interviewed at Childrens Institute by one of the supervisors and she did not seem to have that much experience in interviewinf ,asking the same questions and not knowing what to ask.

Support from upper management on a consistent basis
Therapist I (Current Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of specific trainings; 24/7 requirement on-call
The position is excellent, but I would like to expand my horizon and continue to accrue my hours toward becoming licensed.
I had very good experiences
operations assistant (Former Employee), los anglesFebruary 9, 2012
Pros: there was free uniforms
Cons: short breaks but great meals
i got a chance to work with the public and meet new people from the community and world wide.
A mostly positive work environment with much opportunity to advance.
Psychologist, Registered, Lead Psychologist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: lots of personal support, training, and encouragement for advancing.
Cons: huge expectation for productivity resulting in long hours.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Children's Institute, Inc (Cii). There was lots of personal support for my abilities and encouragement to advance. Cii offered many training courses and certifications related to the job each of us was doing. My department handled some of the most difficult cases and, for a majority of my time there, the team I worked – more... with was the top team in the Southern California area, producing the highest numbers in success of our clients. This success was due in large part to the support that was offered by Cii and the training that was available.
The only downside to working at Cii was the intense productivity requirements that took its toll on many people during my tenure. As I was leaving, they actually cut back on their productivity requirements. Overall, I had a very positive and successful time at Cii and I could say it was one of the top places that I have had the opportunity to work. – less