Children's Institute, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work for
Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2015
I truly love working for this agency, upper management is very supportive to staff & families. Very culturally diverse. For someone who loves working with children & is in the field for the right motives is the best place to work for
Pros
Extensive trainings
Cons
None that I can think off
stressful and dishonest
Offices locate in Watts and Compton (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2015
management not up front. back stabbing environment. fear of the area where the LA sites are located and the clients served is promoted by management even though this is a social service agency working with people who live in these areas. Their public image is more important than the services they provide
benefits
Cons
dishonest towards emloyees and cients
staff
staff (Current Employee) –  Los angelesFebruary 25, 2015
this is a good job and good advancement. You have to adjust to changes just like any other job. Coworkers are great and supportive of each other.
Pay was fair but not worth the abuse from management
Staff (Former Employee) –  PittsburghJanuary 1, 2015
This company works directly with individuals with disabilities but have a terrible attitude and track record of treating employees with functional disabilities. All for fear it may cost them money. Best paying job I had to date and would not endure anymore absuse from them for any amount of money.
Pros
pay
Cons
abuse from management, treatment, clicks
Ok environment
Case & Crisis Manager/Educator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 29, 2014
Crisis management
Case management
Experienced variety of different cases
Training for 0-5 program
A nice enviornment due to the teachers who are team players.
Preschool/Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2014
Everyday greeting teachers and children.
Always make yourself a copy of any paperwork you do.
Management needs to be supportive and communicate.
Coworkers are fun to be around.
Hard part of job is dealing with some of the parents who don't listen all the time. Or those who say they cant understand you.
Most enjoyable part is the babies, seeing their smile.
Pros
attending workshops
Cons
not all teachers are helpful, lack of support from management
A mostly positive work environment with much opportunity to advance.
Psychologist, Registered, Lead Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Children's Institute, Inc (Cii). There was lots of personal support for my abilities and encouragement to advance. Cii offered many training courses and certifications related to the job each of us was doing. My department handled some of the most difficult cases and, for a majority of my time there, the team I worked with was the top team in the Southern California area, producing the highest numbers in success of our clients. This success was due in large part to the support that was offered by Cii and the training that was available.
The only downside to working at Cii was the intense productivity requirements that took its toll on many people during my tenure. As I was leaving, they actually cut back on their productivity requirements. Overall, I had a very positive and successful time at Cii and I could say it was one of the top places that I have had the opportunity to work.
Pros
lots of personal support, training, and encouragement for advancing.
Cons
huge expectation for productivity resulting in long hours.
Rewarding Program to work for
Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2014
I enjoy supporting the clients and giving them support on their journey to become better fathers.
Pros
flexible schedules
Wonderful mission and great events
Grants/Donations Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2013
This is wonderful organzaiton that really helps the community. I had a dream manager who was interested in my career development, but not all managers are like that. The compensation of assistants seemed a little low compared to managers. They have cool fundraising and staff events that really makes you proud to work there.
Pros
staff, mission, events
Cons
low pay
Provides Mental Health Services for abused and neglected children
Administrative Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2013
Whatever it takes is the theme for getting the job done. At times this can be motivating. While working away from a grass roots approach to becoming pioneers within the industry for certain communities, the focus on infrastructure is key. Processes and procedures need to be established and practiced to support goals that are in place. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the lives of children and their families touched and supported in a way that makes them high functioning in society, despite the challenges and traumas they face.
Pros
strength based staff
Cons
silo affect in some locations, resources are limited
Creative and progressive!
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 13, 2013
The recent open house interview process was a fantastic and assertive process. In todays chaotic and uncertain job market it was a relief to get a first hand account of child care professionals seeking employment. This representation was an eye opener.
Pros
friendly and courteous human resource staff.
Cons
the interview questioner was confusing and needs revamping, there are too many objectives in each question, each questioner should be assisted with a short written portion, interviews could be completed with two people.
Support from upper management on a consistent basis
Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 16, 2012
The position is excellent, but I would like to expand my horizon and continue to accrue my hours toward becoming licensed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of specific trainings; 24/7 requirement on-call