Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employer Reviews

Great Co-workers
PICU RN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: working nights get harder the older you get.
There are lots of changes in management along with a lot of positions that are "no longer there". We are constantly busy and short staffed but are on a "hiring freeze". This can make for a stressful time. I enjoy my patients and being able to see these sick kids make full recoveries.
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: nice staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons: not hiring.
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff – more... of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!! – less
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
Children's Medical Center has a GREAT reputation of being one of the best Hospitals in Dallas. During my tenture at Children's, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the best nurses and doctors ever known to man. The culture is very diverse, which is a plus for me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to expand and have advancment opportunities – more... within the Hospital. – less
Productive and nice place to work.
Senior MRI Technologist (Current Employee), DALLAS TEXASDecember 21, 2013
Work 3days/12hr weekly. Great co-workers. The patients are very enjoyable to work with.
What a great place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2013
Friendly staff, great doctors and the best city in Texas. I loved working here because everyone got along great. Teamwork here makes it a fun place to work.
No leadership
Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
Three different directors and three different managers in a 3 year period.
Co-workers are the Best part!
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
Co-workers are what keeps people here, but times are changing...
Great place to wrk
Case Manager (Former Employee), Children's Medical Center of DallasAugust 29, 2013
Great people, great hospital. Childrens is a place that allows you to grow and experience new challenges daily. Obviously the hardest part of the job is the death of children and to counter balance is the fact that children live.
Co-workers were fun and fabulous, from ward clerks to Doctos.
Great Place To Work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2013
Great Place To Work. Always Got Help When Needed. I was always happy to go to work. Will love to go back one day. CEU Programs are perfect. Plus it is family oriented
I absolutely LOVED working here!!!
LVN on Pediatric Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
This is an amazing place to work. I need to continue on and further my education so that someday I can go back to work here. It is really an amazing place to work and be.
Great place to work with excellant benefits
Respiratory Therapist, level 11 (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: environment, benefits, children
Cons: too long of a drive distance from my home
I really enjoyed working at Children's because of the superior doctors, nursing staff, and overall work environment. Working with children is amazingly satisfying. Giving back to the sweet children by singing to them, loving them, and giving high quality respiratory care to them was continually touching my soul and filling me up with pride to be a part – more... of such a wonderful hospital.
I learned so much there, asthma protocols, family teaching, the different diseases and syndromes that afflict children, babies, and young adults and how to deal with them. Encouraging families that had chronic/acute diseases, helping them to deal with those through education and caring.
Children's employs high quality therapists who are interested in giving the best of care and education to patients and families. They work well as "team" members to the overall care of the children.
The hardest part of working there was to see some of the children die from their diseases after getting so emotionally attached to them.
The most enjoyable part was simply the privilege of working with some of God's most special children. – less
Strong in professionalism, and education. Very supportive of staff clinically.
Clinical Resource Team, Pediatrics, (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: education strong.
Cons: expected extreme flexibility of nurses.
CHMCDallas is very competent, and attentive to children and their needs and care.
very productive fun, great team player and unity
Telemetry technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: having the chance to work different department, educational
Cons: on call
Working at children's very pleasant i enjoy co-worker. and the fast past,
Great employee compensation; organization culture and environment inviting
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: Compensation, Organizational culture, Challenging
Cons: Integrity of leadership in management and executive levels questionable; not fully committed to taking care of and growing their own; some individuals are in jobs without appropriate qualifications and experience; autonomy of practice is average.
and wonderful place to work and learn new things
Assisting the Community Liaison (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexable work hours
Cons: healthcare sometime must work hoildays
I am a payroll rep. and secretary the Operating Room staff and management team. I trace employee files and making sure RN certification and up to date I get shifts filled when needed and I am also backup payroll rep to 4 other department with in the company in which I am employed

I nice company to work for
Great pay, outstanding Neurosurgical services and inpatient unit.
Registered Nurse - Neurosurgery (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2012
I worked 12hr days on the Neurosurgical inpatient unit. It is a very fast paced, high acuity unit. The management team has an outstanding experience base and takes pride and responsibility of their unit. The hardest part of my job is to leave for relocation.
Great place to work!
Accountant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2012
Children's is one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. They have a great work enviroment and a pleasant group of employees.
Making life better for children is a positive way to look at things.
Web Director/Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2012
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: managers with hidden political agendas
Politics often shadowed mission and often we weren't doing things that were right anymore it was because of some agreement which should no longer be relevant.
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2012
Pros: twelve hour shifts make for a short working week!
Cons: the walk from the purple garage to the hospital
Children's Medical Center,Dallas is the Best place to work. I love working with the team of amazing psych nurses, doctors, therapists and milieu therapists. This team really is a family in every aspect of the word! I know that they have my best interests at heart and will work hard to achieve our common goals to get children back into their environments – more... with great skills to last a long lifetime. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with this amazing team! – less
great place to work
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
Pros: great benefits
This is a great place to work. Im jsut looking to advance mnyself in the healthcare industry

About Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center is private, not-for-profit, and is the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. – Read more

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Photos