Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

OK place to work
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Call, plan on working
There is little work/life balance. Traffic is time consuming no matter which direction you commute from and there is a tremendous amount of call.
Children's Foundation Office
Researcher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: micromanaged, feeling of always being watched
Overall Children's Medical Center is a great place to work with a wonderful mission of helping make lives better for children.

Typical work day in my department is redundant. Feeling of being micromanaged with no opportunity to be challenged.

First few years were great, wonderful leadership that promoted mentoring and growth so you felt like you were learning.

The last few years have brought constant changes in leadership and. no ability for growth or advancement.

Hardest part of the job is being constantly micromanaged.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around a few of my coworkers who are a joy to work with.
Great working place
Team Lead, Sleep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Had a great tenure, loved working with children and assisting in medical needs and great customer service. Well compensated and trustful place to call, making life better for children.
Day at work
Assistant for Dr. Angela Price/Dr. Bruno Braga (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: like the job
Cons: moved from california
Initial trainee responsibilities included familiarization with a large medical office. Within one month, responsibilities included files management, data entry, part-time bookkeeping ledger entry; and general Medical Clerk tasks. Promoted to Assistant Office Manager within six months. Additional responsibilities include insurance verification, maintaining the weekly schedule, assisting in crisis situations, training new personnel, and performing other routine office functions associated with a highly successful medical office.
Helping those in need
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: making a difference no matter how small.
Cons: seeing sick children.
I would help out sick children in different areas. Sometimes I would just sit and talk to them. Other times I would take them for a walk around the hospital. From time to time, I would tutor them in whatever subject in school they needed help.

The hardest part of my job was seeing a child so young sick with cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to touch a life and perhaps make their day a little more enjoyable.
Productive Call Center and Admitting Department
Patient access representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good work ethnic, felt like a family
Great Customer service, Verification of Insurance, obtaining insurance co-pay and co-insurance, retrieving authorization from insurance company for procedures and specialty office visits.Checked patients in at time of arrival.
Good strong organization
Team Leader - Generalist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 3, 2014
top children's hospital. mission was to do what was in the best inters
Wonderfull Experience!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: helpfull staff and co workers
Cons: busy location in downtown dallas!
I enjoyed every minute I spent learing and completing my internship at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas. Everyone from house keeping to the surgeons were very nice and theres no doubt any employee of Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is there to make a difference!

I gained so much experience in a short time while interning at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas.
Great Co-workers
PICU RN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: working nights get harder the older you get.
There are lots of changes in management along with a lot of positions that are "no longer there". We are constantly busy and short staffed but are on a "hiring freeze". This can make for a stressful time. I enjoy my patients and being able to see these sick kids make full recoveries.
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: nice staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons: not hiring.
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!!
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
Children's Medical Center has a GREAT reputation of being one of the best Hospitals in Dallas. During my tenture at Children's, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the best nurses and doctors ever known to man. The culture is very diverse, which is a plus for me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to expand and have advancment opportunities within the Hospital.
Productive and nice place to work.
Senior MRI Technologist (Current Employee), DALLAS TEXASDecember 21, 2013
Work 3days/12hr weekly. Great co-workers. The patients are very enjoyable to work with.
What a great place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2013
Friendly staff, great doctors and the best city in Texas. I loved working here because everyone got along great. Teamwork here makes it a fun place to work.
No leadership
Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
Three different directors and three different managers in a 3 year period.
Co-workers are the Best part!
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
Co-workers are what keeps people here, but times are changing...
Great Place To Work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2013
Great Place To Work. Always Got Help When Needed. I was always happy to go to work. Will love to go back one day. CEU Programs are perfect. Plus it is family oriented
I absolutely LOVED working here!!!
LVN on Pediatric Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
This is an amazing place to work. I need to continue on and further my education so that someday I can go back to work here. It is really an amazing place to work and be.
Great place to work with excellant benefits
Respiratory Therapist, level 11 (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: environment, benefits, children
Cons: too long of a drive distance from my home
I really enjoyed working at Children's because of the superior doctors, nursing staff, and overall work environment. Working with children is amazingly satisfying. Giving back to the sweet children by singing to them, loving them, and giving high quality respiratory care to them was continually touching my soul and filling me up with pride to be a part of such a wonderful hospital.
I learned so much there, asthma protocols, family teaching, the different diseases and syndromes that afflict children, babies, and young adults and how to deal with them. Encouraging families that had chronic/acute diseases, helping them to deal with those through education and caring.
Children's employs high quality therapists who are interested in giving the best of care and education to patients and families. They work well as "team" members to the overall care of the children.
The hardest part of working there was to see some of the children die from their diseases after getting so emotionally attached to them.
The most enjoyable part was simply the privilege of working with some of God's most special children.
Strong in professionalism, and education. Very supportive of staff clinically.
Clinical Resource Team, Pediatrics, (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: education strong.
Cons: expected extreme flexibility of nurses.
CHMCDallas is very competent, and attentive to children and their needs and care.
very productive fun, great team player and unity
Telemetry technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: having the chance to work different department, educational
Cons: on call
Working at children's very pleasant i enjoy co-worker. and the fast past,

1 2 3

About Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center is private, not-for-profit, and is the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. – Read more

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Photos