Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

Very political.
Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
Usually very pleasant. There is a political culture and a lack of communication with HR. (HR is not onsite) The employees are truly concerned with providing the best healthcare for the children and that was the best part of working at Children's. Very difficult to hire staff in large part due to HR being remote and detached.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Very layered management. Silos. Political. HR not on campus.
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2016
Childrens Medical Center is a good organization dedicated to improving the lives of children.

Working at Children's is rewarding and provides one with a sense of returning to the community. Children's offers competitive pay and benefits. Children's is dedicated to hiring from within.
Great place to work.
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2016
A typical days work was answering phones for many different counties. I learned a lot about high cholesterol in children.
Management was great and supportive. The hardest part of the job was having such a short staff. The most enjoyable was being able to calm the parents of the sick children.
Pros
Good job with great benefits
Cons
Driving distance
A lot of work.. but for a good cause
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
It's a great place to do good and get paid for it. The positive culture Children's demands from their employees is a difference maker with their patients. Benefits are great. Great organization
Productive and fun place to work with great people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2016
It was easy and fun to meet new people and since it was a volunteer program I did new tasks everyday so it was great to learn new things
Great employee compensation; organization culture and environment inviting
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: Compensation, Organizational culture, Challenging
Cons: Integrity of leadership in management and executive levels questionable; not fully committed to taking care of and growing their own; some individuals are in jobs without appropriate qualifications and experience; autonomy of practice is average.
Productive Call Center and Admitting Department
Patient access representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2014
Great Customer service, Verification of Insurance, obtaining insurance co-pay and co-insurance, retrieving authorization from insurance company for procedures and specialty office visits.Checked patients in at time of arrival.
Pros
great benefits, good work ethnic, felt like a family
It was an exciting place to work. I felt like the employees really cared for the kids.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The location was Dallas, TexasFebruary 22, 2012
Children's was a great place to work they really cared about the children and I always relay to people when they're spoken of.
Pros
it was a fun and caring atmosphere.
Cons
salary not competitive
ok for your first job out of high school
patient care rep (Former Employee) –  dallasFebruary 25, 2012
no team work or comraderie. People are very hostile no room for anyone that is different or actually works. It reminded alot of high school sadly with the little cliques.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
the pay
great place to work
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
This is a great place to work. Im jsut looking to advance mnyself in the healthcare industry
Pros
great benefits
Children's Foundation Office
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Overall Children's Medical Center is a great place to work with a wonderful mission of helping make lives better for children.

Typical work day in my department is redundant. Feeling of being micromanaged with no opportunity to be challenged.

First few years were great, wonderful leadership that promoted mentoring and growth so you felt like you were learning.

The last few years have brought constant changes in leadership and. no ability for growth or advancement.

Hardest part of the job is being constantly micromanaged.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around a few of my coworkers who are a joy to work with.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
micromanaged, feeling of always being watched
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2012
Children's Medical Center,Dallas is the Best place to work. I love working with the team of amazing psych nurses, doctors, therapists and milieu therapists. This team really is a family in every aspect of the word! I know that they have my best interests at heart and will work hard to achieve our common goals to get children back into their environments with great skills to last a long lifetime. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with this amazing team!
Pros
twelve hour shifts make for a short working week!
Cons
the walk from the purple garage to the hospital
Had fun here
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2015
This was my first job and I had a ton of fun. Unfortunately management were not as fun. Since everyone helped one another, the job was not as hard.
Pros
Pay was nice, co-workers are humble and always willing to help, Healthcare
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Children's Medical Center has a GREAT reputation of being one of the best Hospitals in Dallas. During my tenture at Children's, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the best nurses and doctors ever known to man. The culture is very diverse, which is a plus for me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to expand and have advancment opportunities within the Hospital.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
OK place to work
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
There is little work/life balance. Traffic is time consuming no matter which direction you commute from and there is a tremendous amount of call.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Call, plan on working
Day at work
Assistant for Dr. Angela Price/Dr. Bruno Braga (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Initial trainee responsibilities included familiarization with a large medical office. Within one month, responsibilities included files management, data entry, part-time bookkeeping ledger entry; and general Medical Clerk tasks. Promoted to Assistant Office Manager within six months. Additional responsibilities include insurance verification, maintaining the weekly schedule, assisting in crisis situations, training new personnel, and performing other routine office functions associated with a highly successful medical office.
Pros
like the job
Cons
moved from california
Making life better for children is a positive way to look at things.
Web Director/Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2012
Politics often shadowed mission and often we weren't doing things that were right anymore it was because of some agreement which should no longer be relevant.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
managers with hidden political agendas
Great people
Surgery Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2015
Manager was very understanding and resolved conflicts well. Fostered a team environment and efficient workplace. Typical day included turning over rooms post procedure and restocking anesthesia instruments and gasses.
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!!
Pros
nice staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons
not hiring.
Childrens is a great place to work!
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 7, 2012
Overall, Childrens is a great place to work. The negative about the job is, my particular management does not reward extremely hard work with anything other than more exhausting work. Merit increases are minimal, almost non-exsistent. I don't think this should be an overall view of the organization, but is definitely my experience with management.
Pros
free parking, pto
Cons
overworking good employee's, not filling empty positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Medical Center of Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4