Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews in United States

Very political.
Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
Usually very pleasant. There is a political culture and a lack of communication with HR. (HR is not onsite) The employees are truly concerned with providing the best healthcare for the children and that was the best part of working at Children's. Very difficult to hire staff in large part due to HR being remote and detached.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Very layered management. Silos. Political. HR not on campus.
Great place to work.
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2016
A typical days work was answering phones for many different counties. I learned a lot about high cholesterol in children.
Management was great and supportive. The hardest part of the job was having such a short staff. The most enjoyable was being able to calm the parents of the sick children.
Pros
Good job with great benefits
Cons
Driving distance
Productive and fun place to work with great people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2016
It was easy and fun to meet new people and since it was a volunteer program I did new tasks everyday so it was great to learn new things
Great people
Surgery Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2015
Manager was very understanding and resolved conflicts well. Fostered a team environment and efficient workplace. Typical day included turning over rooms post procedure and restocking anesthesia instruments and gasses.
A lot of work.. but for a good cause
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
It's a great place to do good and get paid for it. The positive culture Children's demands from their employees is a difference maker with their patients. Benefits are great. Great organization
Had fun here
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2015
This was my first job and I had a ton of fun. Unfortunately management were not as fun. Since everyone helped one another, the job was not as hard.
Pros
Pay was nice, co-workers are humble and always willing to help, Healthcare
Children's Foundation Office
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Overall Children's Medical Center is a great place to work with a wonderful mission of helping make lives better for children.

Typical work day in my department is redundant. Feeling of being micromanaged with no opportunity to be challenged.

First few years were great, wonderful leadership that promoted mentoring and growth so you felt like you were learning.

The last few years have brought constant changes in leadership and. no ability for growth or advancement.

Hardest part of the job is being constantly micromanaged.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around a few of my coworkers who are a joy to work with.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
micromanaged, feeling of always being watched
OK place to work
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
There is little work/life balance. Traffic is time consuming no matter which direction you commute from and there is a tremendous amount of call.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Call, plan on working
Day at work
Assistant for Dr. Angela Price/Dr. Bruno Braga (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Initial trainee responsibilities included familiarization with a large medical office. Within one month, responsibilities included files management, data entry, part-time bookkeeping ledger entry; and general Medical Clerk tasks. Promoted to Assistant Office Manager within six months. Additional responsibilities include insurance verification, maintaining the weekly schedule, assisting in crisis situations, training new personnel, and performing other routine office functions associated with a highly successful medical office.
Pros
like the job
Cons
moved from california
Helping those in need
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
I would help out sick children in different areas. Sometimes I would just sit and talk to them. Other times I would take them for a walk around the hospital. From time to time, I would tutor them in whatever subject in school they needed help.

The hardest part of my job was seeing a child so young sick with cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to touch a life and perhaps make their day a little more enjoyable.
Pros
making a difference no matter how small.
Cons
seeing sick children.
Wonderfull Experience!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed every minute I spent learing and completing my internship at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas. Everyone from house keeping to the surgeons were very nice and theres no doubt any employee of Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is there to make a difference!

I gained so much experience in a short time while interning at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas.
Pros
helpfull staff and co workers
Cons
busy location in downtown dallas!
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!!
Pros
nice staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons
not hiring.
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Children's Medical Center has a GREAT reputation of being one of the best Hospitals in Dallas. During my tenture at Children's, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the best nurses and doctors ever known to man. The culture is very diverse, which is a plus for me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to expand and have advancment opportunities within the Hospital.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2012
Children's Medical Center,Dallas is the Best place to work. I love working with the team of amazing psych nurses, doctors, therapists and milieu therapists. This team really is a family in every aspect of the word! I know that they have my best interests at heart and will work hard to achieve our common goals to get children back into their environments with great skills to last a long lifetime. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with this amazing team!
Pros
twelve hour shifts make for a short working week!
Cons
the walk from the purple garage to the hospital
Childrens is a great place to work!
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 7, 2012
Overall, Childrens is a great place to work. The negative about the job is, my particular management does not reward extremely hard work with anything other than more exhausting work. Merit increases are minimal, almost non-exsistent. I don't think this should be an overall view of the organization, but is definitely my experience with management.
Pros
free parking, pto
Cons
overworking good employee's, not filling empty positions

Comment – May 18, 2012

I am a highly qualified individual for several positions availiable with Childrens,but I am constantly not considered. My transcripts, certifications as well as references are all great. I have worked at UT Southwestern in the past and I know that I am capable of the work required on the positions offered, but I am not called. I am wondering if I must know someone who works there or what is the key to obtaining employment with Childrens?

and wonderful place to work and learn new things
Assisting the Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2012
I am a payroll rep. and secretary the Operating Room staff and management team. I trace employee files and making sure RN certification and up to date I get shifts filled when needed and I am also backup payroll rep to 4 other department with in the company in which I am employed

I nice company to work for
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
healthcare sometime must work hoildays
Productive Call Center and Admitting Department
Patient access representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2014
Great Customer service, Verification of Insurance, obtaining insurance co-pay and co-insurance, retrieving authorization from insurance company for procedures and specialty office visits.Checked patients in at time of arrival.
Pros
great benefits, good work ethnic, felt like a family
Great employee compensation; organization culture and environment inviting
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: Compensation, Organizational culture, Challenging
Cons: Integrity of leadership in management and executive levels questionable; not fully committed to taking care of and growing their own; some individuals are in jobs without appropriate qualifications and experience; autonomy of practice is average.
Children's Medical Center overall is a great company to work for.
Collector11 (Former Employee) –  Dallas,Tx.February 17, 2012
When I first started working for Children's I worked for a great management group for six years. After the sixth year the entire management team changed and things started going down in the department. New management was not sure how to handle different issues that came about on Collectors desk.
Pros
flex hours within the department
Cons
short breaks
Lovely place to work.
Trauma Services Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 23, 2012
Everone at Children's Medical Center Dallas had the same goal - to work together to get the child ready to go home. The departments worked very well together. Working for Children's is a very fulfilling job.
Pros
very cordial and fun co-workers
Cons
i was sick all the time the last three years, so many germs at a children's hospital, my asthma was exascerbated by working there.

4.4