Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Exec. Asst. - Pop. Health & Physician Relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2017
I am overall satisfied with the employment at Children's. This company affords many opportunities for growth and development. The management team is supportive and resourceful.
Innnovative
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2017
I worked two years at this place. It was very demanding in time, but it is probably because this was residency training in chaplaincy. Very outcome oriented. I did not experience much activities to increase employee satisfaction at the time. Management was great CEO was always on the floors.
Making life better fir Children
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2017
A typical 12 hour shift at CMC is beneficial rather the day is slow or fast paced.
I have learned a variety of many different things in the field of Neuroscience and Plastic Surgery along with General Pediatric care.
I am very pleased with my direct management team. The keep me fully updated on all changes.
Workplace culture has been shaken a little ; however we have such an excellent staff that even in the face of problems we are still able to pull together and get our jobs done as a team.
The hardest part of my job would be seeing so many children that are sick and me not personally being able to help them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children go home and watch their faces lite up when you tell them today they being discharged.
Pros
Not required to work every weekend
Cons
Only allowed to work 36 hours per week
proactive and fun place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2017
Assist the nurse with the patient applies basic technical skills and knowledge or operation processes to perform straightforward and routine activities
Pros
good schudele
Cons
short breaks
Blood bank
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2017
Worked in the blood bank , I performed type and screens, daily maintenance, make sure the different blood types were stocked as well as the appropriate amount of platelets.
great place to work
Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
Great organization to work for as a biomedical tech 1. very well managed and structured. I have nothing negative to say about the biomedical program at Childrens.
Pros
well structured
Cons
advancement difficult unless you leave the return
excellent place to work
Hospital Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2017
I would stay here for the rest of my career, if there were a full time job opportunity. At the same time, I am grateful that the system offers a 1-2 year Clinical Pastoral Education Residency.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2017
Great job, but I need something closer to home in Sunnyvale, tx zip 75182 .i have been working at children's for the past 17 years. I have enjoyed working there but I'm looking for something different.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Late hours
Productive fast place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2017
I learned a lot working here. It was always busy making calls and giving instructions, Management was wonderful. The hardest part was having to deal with the parents of these little kids. I was never able to do it so I had to move on. It takes a special person to work with kids
Was such a joy to work at Chlidrens.
CAD/Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed makeing Life eaiser for the Children and Their Parents,while at their stay at Hospital..Putting up Signage for them to find their around the Hospital..Keeping track of Office Space
Pros
Look on Childrens Faces
Cons
No Cons
Great company to work for
Advance Practice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 24, 2016
It is hard work being assigned to the Emergency Department. We see a variety of different patients and cases. There is never a shortage of learning opportunities.
Pros
Work with a variety of different cases
Cons
Volume of patients is very high
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2016
Childrens Medical Center is a good organization dedicated to improving the lives of children.

Working at Children's is rewarding and provides one with a sense of returning to the community. Children's offers competitive pay and benefits. Children's is dedicated to hiring from within.
Great place to work.
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2016
A typical days work was answering phones for many different counties. I learned a lot about high cholesterol in children.
Management was great and supportive. The hardest part of the job was having such a short staff. The most enjoyable was being able to calm the parents of the sick children.
Pros
Good job with great benefits
Cons
Driving distance
Very political.
Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
Usually very pleasant. There is a political culture and a lack of communication with HR. (HR is not onsite) The employees are truly concerned with providing the best healthcare for the children and that was the best part of working at Children's. Very difficult to hire staff in large part due to HR being remote and detached.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Very layered management. Silos. Political. HR not on campus.
Productive and fun place to work with great people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2016
It was easy and fun to meet new people and since it was a volunteer program I did new tasks everyday so it was great to learn new things
Great people
Surgery Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2015
Manager was very understanding and resolved conflicts well. Fostered a team environment and efficient workplace. Typical day included turning over rooms post procedure and restocking anesthesia instruments and gasses.
A lot of work.. but for a good cause
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
It's a great place to do good and get paid for it. The positive culture Children's demands from their employees is a difference maker with their patients. Benefits are great. Great organization
Had fun here
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2015
This was my first job and I had a ton of fun. Unfortunately management were not as fun. Since everyone helped one another, the job was not as hard.
Pros
Pay was nice, co-workers are humble and always willing to help, Healthcare
OK place to work
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
There is little work/life balance. Traffic is time consuming no matter which direction you commute from and there is a tremendous amount of call.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Call, plan on working
Children's Foundation Office
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Overall Children's Medical Center is a great place to work with a wonderful mission of helping make lives better for children.

Typical work day in my department is redundant. Feeling of being micromanaged with no opportunity to be challenged.

First few years were great, wonderful leadership that promoted mentoring and growth so you felt like you were learning.

The last few years have brought constant changes in leadership and. no ability for growth or advancement.

Hardest part of the job is being constantly micromanaged.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around a few of my coworkers who are a joy to work with.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Micromanaged, feeling of always being watched

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Medical Center of Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4