Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

Great place to work with excellant benefits
Respiratory Therapist, level 11 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Children's because of the superior doctors, nursing staff, and overall work environment. Working with children is amazingly satisfying. Giving back to the sweet children by singing to them, loving them, and giving high quality respiratory care to them was continually touching my soul and filling me up with pride to be a part of such a wonderful hospital.
I learned so much there, asthma protocols, family teaching, the different diseases and syndromes that afflict children, babies, and young adults and how to deal with them. Encouraging families that had chronic/acute diseases, helping them to deal with those through education and caring.
Children's employs high quality therapists who are interested in giving the best of care and education to patients and families. They work well as "team" members to the overall care of the children.
The hardest part of working there was to see some of the children die from their diseases after getting so emotionally attached to them.
The most enjoyable part was simply the privilege of working with some of God's most special children.
Pros
environment, benefits, children
Cons
too long of a drive distance from my home
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!!
Pros
nice staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons
not hiring.
Children's Foundation Office
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Overall Children's Medical Center is a great place to work with a wonderful mission of helping make lives better for children.

Typical work day in my department is redundant. Feeling of being micromanaged with no opportunity to be challenged.

First few years were great, wonderful leadership that promoted mentoring and growth so you felt like you were learning.

The last few years have brought constant changes in leadership and. no ability for growth or advancement.

Hardest part of the job is being constantly micromanaged.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around a few of my coworkers who are a joy to work with.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
micromanaged, feeling of always being watched
Day at work
Assistant for Dr. Angela Price/Dr. Bruno Braga (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Initial trainee responsibilities included familiarization with a large medical office. Within one month, responsibilities included files management, data entry, part-time bookkeeping ledger entry; and general Medical Clerk tasks. Promoted to Assistant Office Manager within six months. Additional responsibilities include insurance verification, maintaining the weekly schedule, assisting in crisis situations, training new personnel, and performing other routine office functions associated with a highly successful medical office.
Pros
like the job
Cons
moved from california
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2012
Children's Medical Center,Dallas is the Best place to work. I love working with the team of amazing psych nurses, doctors, therapists and milieu therapists. This team really is a family in every aspect of the word! I know that they have my best interests at heart and will work hard to achieve our common goals to get children back into their environments with great skills to last a long lifetime. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with this amazing team!
Pros
twelve hour shifts make for a short working week!
Cons
the walk from the purple garage to the hospital
Helping those in need
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
I would help out sick children in different areas. Sometimes I would just sit and talk to them. Other times I would take them for a walk around the hospital. From time to time, I would tutor them in whatever subject in school they needed help.

The hardest part of my job was seeing a child so young sick with cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to touch a life and perhaps make their day a little more enjoyable.
Pros
making a difference no matter how small.
Cons
seeing sick children.
Childrens is a great place to work!
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 7, 2012
Overall, Childrens is a great place to work. The negative about the job is, my particular management does not reward extremely hard work with anything other than more exhausting work. Merit increases are minimal, almost non-exsistent. I don't think this should be an overall view of the organization, but is definitely my experience with management.
Pros
free parking, pto
Cons
overworking good employee's, not filling empty positions

Comment – May 18, 2012

I am a highly qualified individual for several positions availiable with Childrens,but I am constantly not considered. My transcripts, certifications as well as references are all great. I have worked at UT Southwestern in the past and I know that I am capable of the work required on the positions offered, but I am not called. I am wondering if I must know someone who works there or what is the key to obtaining employment with Childrens?

Wonderfull Experience!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed every minute I spent learing and completing my internship at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas. Everyone from house keeping to the surgeons were very nice and theres no doubt any employee of Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is there to make a difference!

I gained so much experience in a short time while interning at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas.
Pros
helpfull staff and co workers
Cons
busy location in downtown dallas!
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Children's Medical Center has a GREAT reputation of being one of the best Hospitals in Dallas. During my tenture at Children's, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the best nurses and doctors ever known to man. The culture is very diverse, which is a plus for me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to expand and have advancment opportunities within the Hospital.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
and wonderful place to work and learn new things
Assisting the Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2012
I am a payroll rep. and secretary the Operating Room staff and management team. I trace employee files and making sure RN certification and up to date I get shifts filled when needed and I am also backup payroll rep to 4 other department with in the company in which I am employed

I nice company to work for
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
healthcare sometime must work hoildays
Great employee compensation; organization culture and environment inviting
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: Compensation, Organizational culture, Challenging
Cons: Integrity of leadership in management and executive levels questionable; not fully committed to taking care of and growing their own; some individuals are in jobs without appropriate qualifications and experience; autonomy of practice is average.
Children's Medical Center overall is a great company to work for.
Collector11 (Former Employee) –  Dallas,Tx.February 17, 2012
When I first started working for Children's I worked for a great management group for six years. After the sixth year the entire management team changed and things started going down in the department. New management was not sure how to handle different issues that came about on Collectors desk.
Pros
flex hours within the department
Cons
short breaks
Lovely place to work.
Trauma Services Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 23, 2012
Everone at Children's Medical Center Dallas had the same goal - to work together to get the child ready to go home. The departments worked very well together. Working for Children's is a very fulfilling job.
Pros
very cordial and fun co-workers
Cons
i was sick all the time the last three years, so many germs at a children's hospital, my asthma was exascerbated by working there.
Great pay, outstanding Neurosurgical services and inpatient unit.
Registered Nurse - Neurosurgery (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2012
I worked 12hr days on the Neurosurgical inpatient unit. It is a very fast paced, high acuity unit. The management team has an outstanding experience base and takes pride and responsibility of their unit. The hardest part of my job is to leave for relocation.
Great Co-workers
PICU RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
There are lots of changes in management along with a lot of positions that are "no longer there". We are constantly busy and short staffed but are on a "hiring freeze". This can make for a stressful time. I enjoy my patients and being able to see these sick kids make full recoveries.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working nights get harder the older you get.
Wonderful people
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2012
The patients and coworkers you will have at Children's are all wonderful. Management, you will experience, is definitely not. There exists a lot of unnecessary drama at Children's that does not exist at other workplaces.
Pros
working with children, wonderful coworkers
Cons
management across the board
Great place to wrk
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Children's Medical Center of DallasAugust 29, 2013
Great people, great hospital. Childrens is a place that allows you to grow and experience new challenges daily. Obviously the hardest part of the job is the death of children and to counter balance is the fact that children live.
Co-workers were fun and fabulous, from ward clerks to Doctos.
Making life better for children is a positive way to look at things.
Web Director/Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2012
Politics often shadowed mission and often we weren't doing things that were right anymore it was because of some agreement which should no longer be relevant.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
managers with hidden political agendas
Great Company
Food Service Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2012
In a days work I would help the kitchen staff prepare for the day organizing the menus, the fliers, the orders, doing alot of customer service also maintain the website for catering and being a concierge for the department.
Pros
promotions
Cons
laid off from the company
It was an exciting place to work. I felt like the employees really cared for the kids.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The location was Dallas, TexasFebruary 22, 2012
Children's was a great place to work they really cared about the children and I always relay to people when they're spoken of.
Pros
it was a fun and caring atmosphere.
Cons
salary not competitive

4.4