Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

Great people
Surgery Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2015
Manager was very understanding and resolved conflicts well. Fostered a team environment and efficient workplace. Typical day included turning over rooms post procedure and restocking anesthesia instruments and gasses.
A lot of work.. but for a good cause
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
It's a great place to do good and get paid for it. The positive culture Children's demands from their employees is a difference maker with their patients. Benefits are great. Great organization
Had fun here
Stocker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Pay was nice, co-workers are humble and always willing to help, Healthcare
Cons: Management
This was my first job and I had a ton of fun. Unfortunately management were not as fun. Since everyone helped one another, the job was not as hard.
OK place to work
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Call, plan on working
There is little work/life balance. Traffic is time consuming no matter which direction you commute from and there is a tremendous amount of call.
Children's Foundation Office
Researcher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: micromanaged, feeling of always being watched
Overall Children's Medical Center is a great place to work with a wonderful mission of helping make lives better for children.

Typical work day in my department is redundant. Feeling of being micromanaged – more... with no opportunity to be challenged.

First few years were great, wonderful leadership that promoted mentoring and growth so you felt like you were learning.

The last few years have brought constant changes in leadership and. no ability for growth or advancement.

Hardest part of the job is being constantly micromanaged.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around a few of my coworkers who are a joy to work with. – less
Great working place
Team Lead, Sleep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Had a great tenure, loved working with children and assisting in medical needs and great customer service. Well compensated and trustful place to call, making life better for children.
Day at work
Assistant for Dr. Angela Price/Dr. Bruno Braga (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: like the job
Cons: moved from california
Initial trainee responsibilities included familiarization with a large medical office. Within one month, responsibilities included files management, data entry, part-time bookkeeping ledger entry; and – more... general Medical Clerk tasks. Promoted to Assistant Office Manager within six months. Additional responsibilities include insurance verification, maintaining the weekly schedule, assisting in crisis situations, training new personnel, and performing other routine office functions associated with a highly successful medical office. – less
Helping those in need
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: making a difference no matter how small.
Cons: seeing sick children.
I would help out sick children in different areas. Sometimes I would just sit and talk to them. Other times I would take them for a walk around the hospital. From time to time, I would tutor them in whatever – more... subject in school they needed help.

The hardest part of my job was seeing a child so young sick with cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to touch a life and perhaps make their day a little more enjoyable. – less
Good strong organization
Team Leader - Generalist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 3, 2014
top children's hospital. mission was to do what was in the best inters
Wonderfull Experience!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: helpfull staff and co workers
Cons: busy location in downtown dallas!
I enjoyed every minute I spent learing and completing my internship at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas. Everyone from house keeping to the surgeons were very nice and theres no doubt any employee of Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is there to make a difference!

I gained so much experience in a short time while interning at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas.
Great Co-workers
PICU RN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: working nights get harder the older you get.
There are lots of changes in management along with a lot of positions that are "no longer there". We are constantly busy and short staffed but are on a "hiring freeze". This can make for a stressful time. I enjoy my patients and being able to see these sick kids make full recoveries.
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: nice staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons: not hiring.
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training – more... by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!! – less
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
Children's Medical Center has a GREAT reputation of being one of the best Hospitals in Dallas. During my tenture at Children's, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the best nurses and doctors ever known to man. The culture is very diverse, which is a plus for me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to expand and have advancment opportunities within the Hospital.
Productive and nice place to work.
Senior MRI Technologist (Current Employee), DALLAS TEXASDecember 21, 2013
Work 3days/12hr weekly. Great co-workers. The patients are very enjoyable to work with.
What a great place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2013
Friendly staff, great doctors and the best city in Texas. I loved working here because everyone got along great. Teamwork here makes it a fun place to work.
No leadership
Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
Three different directors and three different managers in a 3 year period.
Co-workers are the Best part!
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
Co-workers are what keeps people here, but times are changing...
Great place to wrk
Case Manager (Former Employee), Children's Medical Center of DallasAugust 29, 2013
Great people, great hospital. Childrens is a place that allows you to grow and experience new challenges daily. Obviously the hardest part of the job is the death of children and to counter balance is the fact that children live.
Co-workers were fun and fabulous, from ward clerks to Doctos.
Great Place To Work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2013
Great Place To Work. Always Got Help When Needed. I was always happy to go to work. Will love to go back one day. CEU Programs are perfect. Plus it is family oriented
I absolutely LOVED working here!!!
LVN on Pediatric Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
This is an amazing place to work. I need to continue on and further my education so that someday I can go back to work here. It is really an amazing place to work and be.

1 2 3

About Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center is private, not-for-profit, and is the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. – Read more

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Photos