Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews in United States

Co-workers are the Best part!
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
Co-workers are what keeps people here, but times are changing...
Great place to wrk
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Children's Medical Center of DallasAugust 29, 2013
Great people, great hospital. Childrens is a place that allows you to grow and experience new challenges daily. Obviously the hardest part of the job is the death of children and to counter balance is the fact that children live.
Co-workers were fun and fabulous, from ward clerks to Doctos.
Great Place To Work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2013
Great Place To Work. Always Got Help When Needed. I was always happy to go to work. Will love to go back one day. CEU Programs are perfect. Plus it is family oriented
I absolutely LOVED working here!!!
LVN on Pediatric Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
This is an amazing place to work. I need to continue on and further my education so that someday I can go back to work here. It is really an amazing place to work and be.
Great place to work with excellant benefits
Respiratory Therapist, level 11 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Children's because of the superior doctors, nursing staff, and overall work environment. Working with children is amazingly satisfying. Giving back to the sweet children by singing to them, loving them, and giving high quality respiratory care to them was continually touching my soul and filling me up with pride to be a part of such a wonderful hospital.
I learned so much there, asthma protocols, family teaching, the different diseases and syndromes that afflict children, babies, and young adults and how to deal with them. Encouraging families that had chronic/acute diseases, helping them to deal with those through education and caring.
Children's employs high quality therapists who are interested in giving the best of care and education to patients and families. They work well as "team" members to the overall care of the children.
The hardest part of working there was to see some of the children die from their diseases after getting so emotionally attached to them.
The most enjoyable part was simply the privilege of working with some of God's most special children.
Pros
environment, benefits, children
Cons
too long of a drive distance from my home
Strong in professionalism, and education. Very supportive of staff clinically.
Clinical Resource Team, Pediatrics, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2013
CHMCDallas is very competent, and attentive to children and their needs and care.
Pros
education strong.
Cons
expected extreme flexibility of nurses.
very productive fun, great team player and unity
Telemetry technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Working at children's very pleasant i enjoy co-worker. and the fast past,
Pros
having the chance to work different department, educational
Cons
on call
Great employee compensation; organization culture and environment inviting
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: Compensation, Organizational culture, Challenging
Cons: Integrity of leadership in management and executive levels questionable; not fully committed to taking care of and growing their own; some individuals are in jobs without appropriate qualifications and experience; autonomy of practice is average.
and wonderful place to work and learn new things
Assisting the Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2012
I am a payroll rep. and secretary the Operating Room staff and management team. I trace employee files and making sure RN certification and up to date I get shifts filled when needed and I am also backup payroll rep to 4 other department with in the company in which I am employed

I nice company to work for
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
healthcare sometime must work hoildays
Great pay, outstanding Neurosurgical services and inpatient unit.
Registered Nurse - Neurosurgery (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2012
I worked 12hr days on the Neurosurgical inpatient unit. It is a very fast paced, high acuity unit. The management team has an outstanding experience base and takes pride and responsibility of their unit. The hardest part of my job is to leave for relocation.
Great place to work!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2012
Children's is one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. They have a great work enviroment and a pleasant group of employees.
Making life better for children is a positive way to look at things.
Web Director/Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2012
Politics often shadowed mission and often we weren't doing things that were right anymore it was because of some agreement which should no longer be relevant.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
managers with hidden political agendas
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2012
Children's Medical Center,Dallas is the Best place to work. I love working with the team of amazing psych nurses, doctors, therapists and milieu therapists. This team really is a family in every aspect of the word! I know that they have my best interests at heart and will work hard to achieve our common goals to get children back into their environments with great skills to last a long lifetime. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with this amazing team!
Pros
twelve hour shifts make for a short working week!
Cons
the walk from the purple garage to the hospital
great place to work
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
This is a great place to work. Im jsut looking to advance mnyself in the healthcare industry
Pros
great benefits
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2012
Great work environment, love working with the children. The management could do more for employee morale but all in all a great place to be
Wonderful people
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2012
The patients and coworkers you will have at Children's are all wonderful. Management, you will experience, is definitely not. There exists a lot of unnecessary drama at Children's that does not exist at other workplaces.
Pros
working with children, wonderful coworkers
Cons
management across the board
Loved working at childrens medical center
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2012
My co-workers became my second family. I would have loved to stay their till I had to retire. But due to my health at the time I had to quit.
Pros
teamwork
Great Company
Food Service Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2012
In a days work I would help the kitchen staff prepare for the day organizing the menus, the fliers, the orders, doing alot of customer service also maintain the website for catering and being a concierge for the department.
Pros
promotions
Cons
laid off from the company
best place to work in dallas
Infusion Specialty Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  dallas TXApril 13, 2012
Great hospital to work at, feel part of the team to make a difference in children's lives
Childrens is a great place to work!
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 7, 2012
Overall, Childrens is a great place to work. The negative about the job is, my particular management does not reward extremely hard work with anything other than more exhausting work. Merit increases are minimal, almost non-exsistent. I don't think this should be an overall view of the organization, but is definitely my experience with management.
Pros
free parking, pto
Cons
overworking good employee's, not filling empty positions

4.4