Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

Great place to work with excellant benefits
Respiratory Therapist, level 11 (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: environment, benefits, children
Cons: too long of a drive distance from my home
I really enjoyed working at Children's because of the superior doctors, nursing staff, and overall work environment. Working with children is amazingly satisfying. Giving back to the sweet children by singing to them, loving them, and giving high quality respiratory care to them was continually touching my soul and filling me up with pride to be a part of such a wonderful hospital.
I learned so much there, asthma protocols, family teaching, the different diseases and syndromes that afflict children, babies, and young adults and how to deal with them. Encouraging families that had chronic/acute diseases, helping them to deal with those through education and caring.
Children's employs high quality therapists who are interested in giving the best of care and education to patients and families. They work well as "team" members to the overall care of the children.
The hardest part of working there was to see some of the children die from their diseases after getting so emotionally attached to them.
The most enjoyable part was simply the privilege of working with some of God's most special children.
Strong in professionalism, and education. Very supportive of staff clinically.
Clinical Resource Team, Pediatrics, (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: education strong.
Cons: expected extreme flexibility of nurses.
CHMCDallas is very competent, and attentive to children and their needs and care.
very productive fun, great team player and unity
Telemetry technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: having the chance to work different department, educational
Cons: on call
Working at children's very pleasant i enjoy co-worker. and the fast past,
Great employee compensation; organization culture and environment inviting
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: Compensation, Organizational culture, Challenging
Cons: Integrity of leadership in management and executive levels questionable; not fully committed to taking care of and growing their own; some individuals are in jobs without appropriate qualifications and experience; autonomy of practice is average.
and wonderful place to work and learn new things
Assisting the Community Liaison (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexable work hours
Cons: healthcare sometime must work hoildays
I am a payroll rep. and secretary the Operating Room staff and management team. I trace employee files and making sure RN certification and up to date I get shifts filled when needed and I am also backup payroll rep to 4 other department with in the company in which I am employed

I nice company to work for
Great pay, outstanding Neurosurgical services and inpatient unit.
Registered Nurse - Neurosurgery (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2012
I worked 12hr days on the Neurosurgical inpatient unit. It is a very fast paced, high acuity unit. The management team has an outstanding experience base and takes pride and responsibility of their unit. The hardest part of my job is to leave for relocation.
Great place to work!
Accountant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2012
Children's is one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. They have a great work enviroment and a pleasant group of employees.
Making life better for children is a positive way to look at things.
Web Director/Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2012
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: managers with hidden political agendas
Politics often shadowed mission and often we weren't doing things that were right anymore it was because of some agreement which should no longer be relevant.
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2012
Pros: twelve hour shifts make for a short working week!
Cons: the walk from the purple garage to the hospital
Children's Medical Center,Dallas is the Best place to work. I love working with the team of amazing psych nurses, doctors, therapists and milieu therapists. This team really is a family in every aspect of the word! I know that they have my best interests at heart and will work hard to achieve our common goals to get children back into their environments with great skills to last a long lifetime. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with this amazing team!
great place to work
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
Pros: great benefits
This is a great place to work. Im jsut looking to advance mnyself in the healthcare industry
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2012
Great work environment, love working with the children. The management could do more for employee morale but all in all a great place to be
Wonderful people
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2012
Pros: working with children, wonderful coworkers
Cons: management across the board
The patients and coworkers you will have at Children's are all wonderful. Management, you will experience, is definitely not. There exists a lot of unnecessary drama at Children's that does not exist at other workplaces.
Great, fun place to work.
Medicaid Collector (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 15, 2012
Pros: great, fun place to work.
Cons: healthcare
Great, fun palce to work. I enjoyed coworkers. Enjoyed working for the organization.
Loved working at childrens medical center
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 9, 2012
Pros: teamwork
My co-workers became my second family. I would have loved to stay their till I had to retire. But due to my health at the time I had to quit.
Great Company
Food Service Concierge (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 1, 2012
Pros: promotions
Cons: laid off from the company
In a days work I would help the kitchen staff prepare for the day organizing the menus, the fliers, the orders, doing alot of customer service also maintain the website for catering and being a concierge for the department.
best place to work in dallas
Infusion Specialty Pharmacist (Current Employee), dallas TXApril 13, 2012
Great hospital to work at, feel part of the team to make a difference in children's lives

April 19, 2012

Applied for a RPh position. I love working at places where employees feel appreciated and part of "the" team!

Childrens is a great place to work!
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TxMarch 7, 2012
Pros: free parking, pto
Cons: overworking good employee's, not filling empty positions
Overall, Childrens is a great place to work. The negative about the job is, my particular management does not reward extremely hard work with anything other than more exhausting work. Merit increases are minimal, almost non-exsistent. I don't think this should be an overall view of the organization, but is definitely my experience with management.

May 18, 2012

I am a highly qualified individual for several positions availiable with Childrens,but I am constantly not considered. My transcripts, certifications as well as references are all great. I have worked at UT Southwestern in the past and I know that I am capable of the work required on the positions offered, but I am not called. I am wondering if I must know someone who works there or what is the key to obtaining employment with Childrens?

ok for your first job out of high school
patient care rep (Former Employee), dallasFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: benefits package
Cons: the pay
no team work or comraderie. People are very hostile no room for anyone that is different or actually works. It reminded alot of high school sadly with the little cliques.
Lovely place to work.
Trauma Services Secretary III (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: very cordial and fun co-workers
Cons: i was sick all the time the last three years, so many germs at a children's hospital, my asthma was exascerbated by working there.
Everone at Children's Medical Center Dallas had the same goal - to work together to get the child ready to go home. The departments worked very well together. Working for Children's is a very fulfilling job.
It was an exciting place to work. I felt like the employees really cared for the kids.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), The location was Dallas, TexasFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: it was a fun and caring atmosphere.
Cons: salary not competitive
Children's was a great place to work they really cared about the children and I always relay to people when they're spoken of.

About Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center is private, not-for-profit, and is the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. – Read more

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Photos