Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Children's Medical Center of Dallas Employee Reviews

Great Co-workers
PICU RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
There are lots of changes in management along with a lot of positions that are "no longer there". We are constantly busy and short staffed but are on a "hiring freeze". This can make for a stressful time. I enjoy my patients and being able to see these sick kids make full recoveries.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Working Nights get harder the older you get.
OK place to work
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
There is little work/life balance. Traffic is time consuming no matter which direction you commute from and there is a tremendous amount of call.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Call, plan on working
Wonderful people
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2012
The patients and coworkers you will have at Children's are all wonderful. Management, you will experience, is definitely not. There exists a lot of unnecessary drama at Children's that does not exist at other workplaces.
Pros
working with children, wonderful coworkers
Cons
management across the board
I loved this great hospital campus!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day consisted of first checking any work order request, repairs. Next, I was given the opportunity to take on any non-life support repair. I gained a ton of hands on experience and training by the biomed shop team. I enjoyed being trained on different equipment types and gaining knowledge from experienced techs. Furthermore, the staff of Children’s Medical Center is super nice and very diverse. The hardest part of my job was leaving at times. My favorite part of my job was knowing all the friendly staff and gaining knowledge, experience and trade secrets. I wish Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was hiring while I was doing my internship!!
Pros
Nice Staff, great quality service, great benifets.
Cons
Not hiring.
Great Company
Food Service Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2012
In a days work I would help the kitchen staff prepare for the day organizing the menus, the fliers, the orders, doing alot of customer service also maintain the website for catering and being a concierge for the department.
Pros
promotions
Cons
laid off from the company
ok for your first job out of high school
patient care rep (Former Employee) –  dallasFebruary 25, 2012
no team work or comraderie. People are very hostile no room for anyone that is different or actually works. It reminded alot of high school sadly with the little cliques.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
the pay
great place to work
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
This is a great place to work. Im jsut looking to advance mnyself in the healthcare industry
Pros
great benefits
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2012
Great work environment, love working with the children. The management could do more for employee morale but all in all a great place to be
Highly recommend for new graduates.
General Care TeamLeader/Transport & Flight Team (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2011
Excellent educational opportunities as teaching facility.
Pros
critical thinking skills always utilized
Cons
very high stress & long hours
Helping those in need
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
I would help out sick children in different areas. Sometimes I would just sit and talk to them. Other times I would take them for a walk around the hospital. From time to time, I would tutor them in whatever subject in school they needed help.

The hardest part of my job was seeing a child so young sick with cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to touch a life and perhaps make their day a little more enjoyable.
Pros
Making a difference no matter how small.
Cons
Seeing sick children.
Wonderfull Experience!!
Intern /Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed every minute I spent learing and completing my internship at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas. Everyone from house keeping to the surgeons were very nice and theres no doubt any employee of Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is there to make a difference!

I gained so much experience in a short time while interning at Childrens Medical Center of Dallas.
Pros
Helpfull staff and co workers
Cons
Busy location in downtown Dallas!
Great people
Surgery Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2015
Manager was very understanding and resolved conflicts well. Fostered a team environment and efficient workplace. Typical day included turning over rooms post procedure and restocking anesthesia instruments and gasses.
Lovely place to work.
Trauma Services Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 23, 2012
Everone at Children's Medical Center Dallas had the same goal - to work together to get the child ready to go home. The departments worked very well together. Working for Children's is a very fulfilling job.
Pros
very cordial and fun co-workers
Cons
i was sick all the time the last three years, so many germs at a children's hospital, my asthma was exascerbated by working there.
Great place to wrk
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Children's Medical Center of DallasAugust 29, 2013
Great people, great hospital. Childrens is a place that allows you to grow and experience new challenges daily. Obviously the hardest part of the job is the death of children and to counter balance is the fact that children live.
Co-workers were fun and fabulous, from ward clerks to Doctos.
What a great place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2013
Friendly staff, great doctors and the best city in Texas. I loved working here because everyone got along great. Teamwork here makes it a fun place to work.
Strong in professionalism, and education. Very supportive of staff clinically.
Clinical Resource Team, Pediatrics, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2013
CHMCDallas is very competent, and attentive to children and their needs and care.
Pros
education strong.
Cons
expected extreme flexibility of nurses.
I absolutely LOVED working here!!!
LVN on Pediatric Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
This is an amazing place to work. I need to continue on and further my education so that someday I can go back to work here. It is really an amazing place to work and be.
Great working place
Team Lead, Sleep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Had a great tenure, loved working with children and assisting in medical needs and great customer service. Well compensated and trustful place to call, making life better for children.
Great Place To Work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2013
Great Place To Work. Always Got Help When Needed. I was always happy to go to work. Will love to go back one day. CEU Programs are perfect. Plus it is family oriented
very productive fun, great team player and unity
Telemetry technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Working at children's very pleasant i enjoy co-worker. and the fast past,
Pros
having the chance to work different department, educational
Cons
on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Medical Center of Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4