Children's Medical Center Employee Reviews

This is the job I loved the most of all!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2017
I worked here for over 9 years & loved every bit of my job. I loved working with children & meeting & playing with them made my job even more lovable. The benefits were great! The parking area was convenient for us employees when I was there. To have a job at Children's Medical Center meant the perfect job. I really regret leaving for maternity leave & not going back.
Pros
The longest perfect job I have had & paid classes to advance my career.
Cons
Once you are not employed for them. It is very hard to get hired back, even if you left in good standing.
fun place with children
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
Childern medical center was an aewsome place to with lot of children to help feel better and make smile. Nursing and doctors was great. beauiful people all around. But the pay was not enough so IU left and went back to school
Pros
health coverage
Cons
pay not enough
Awesome place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2017
I really like working for them, they take care of their employees. I work in the Security Department and I've been in security 10 yes plus and it's by far the best security job I've ever had.
Productive and fun place to work in.
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford ctAugust 2, 2017
The children's hospital is a fun place to work in beautiful hall ways is definitely for children's its colors are nice and vibrant and bring a positive mood to everyone who enters the hospital.
My expirience working there was a long time ago but it was a very pleasant time.My hours really worked for me and my family life.Managament was fair and kind at all times.
Pros
I had flexible hours and management always worked with the employees.
Great workplace
Director-HRIS (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
Worked here for several years. Enjoyable work, enjoyable atmosphere, great boss.Very good place to get some great experience. Awesome job and place to work.
Great staff to work with, could user better direction from managment
Sr. Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2017
Great hospital staff to work with, good business office environment. Could use better directions from leadership. Issues brought up on day to day problems amongst staff were not expedited.
Work independently and stay productive
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2017
I have busy days at work and learn something new almost daily especially with health insurance. Management is fair and communicates. The workplace culture is very good within Children's there are a wide variety of people. The hardest part of my job is having to say no to a customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing customers and getting them exactly what they want.
Pros
Self management and decent pay.
Cons
Not moving to a new position.
Productive and Fun Environment
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work, fun team collaboration and events throughout the year. Food trucks provide lunch and the cafeteria provides free lunch for employees for employee appreciation.
Growing company
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 21, 2017
Dayton Children's is a growing company with many nursing opportunities! I have worked here for six years and there are many ways to grow and advance depending on the career path chosen!
not very fun place to work
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
When i first started i had a great manager about a year later she found a new job and left.Very stressful environment usually conflict with managers..
Great employer
Staff PT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2017
This children's hospital provided therapy from infancy through 18 years of age to children with developmental, orthopedic, neurologic and emotional disorders. Good collaboration with all team members.
STAFF RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Great people at Children's. Everyone is willing to help. Team leaders are very easy to talk to and easy to get in touch with. Children's really makes you feel appreciated.
Pros
well compensated, retirement for PRN workers
Cons
short breaks, expensive food
Busy and Supportative
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2017
I work in the ED which is continuously busy. Team work is strong. Management supports you advancing you education and attendance to conferences. The patients are the most enjoyable part of my job and being exposed to multiple different diagnoses increases my learning.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 7, 2017
Had to resign due to transfer of my husband's job. The staff were excellent to work with. Loved my job. We were all a family there. Would go back to work there if I could.
Okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
It's okay if you really need a job. No one can ants to train or help. There always short staff and management seems not to care when you have issues or problems. But overall it's okay
Management needs alot of HR training
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2017
I had a very bad experience working at Children's. My manager was very hypercritical and would not listen to her employee's concerns. Management chose to take the manager side without really looking into my grievances.
great company
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 16, 2017
i learned a lot while working at children hospital, i was able to learn a lot about the different health issues that kids go through.if it was no so depressing to see the large amount of sick kids i would have stayed.
Childrens has a great BMET team
Externship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2017
I have had a great time learning from childrens and getting to know the job inside out. the day goes by fast and you never seem to run out of things that have to be repaired or calibrated. the job is alot of fun
Great place to work!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2017
I love my position at CMCD. The staff are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend working at this top facility for children.

Management is willing to work with their staff. In our department we truly work as a team.

The food here is fantastic! and we receive a discount.

Because we work with children this can have difficult moments. However, there is a strong sense of community within the staff and we all work together to help one another through the difficult moments. We have a fantastic support network with our chaplains.

CMCD has been continually rated as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. The service it provides is outstanding.

A typical day starts with a patient report. We work closely with families to make their experience as good as it can given the circumstances. I have learned so much here.

I highly recommend working here!
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Can be overwhelmed with duties
Nice People
Access Services Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2017
Some of the people here are really nice but then you have others are not so nice. The management here sucks and you don't have time for you own family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Children's Medical Center Reviews by Location