Children's Medical Center

Children's Medical Center Employer Reviews

Amazing ork enviroment
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
Its a very fun, educative and very interesting work environment. I Love going to work everyday, and the experience that I'm gaining is unmatched.
*****
Flight Paramedic / Critical Care Crew Member (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2014
I was honored to work with the most experienced and talented professionals in this field. I was able to increase my knowledge of this specialty. The management was very supportive and focused on education and patient satisfaction.
Outstanding Organization
DIRECTOR- ADVANCED PRACTICE SERVICE (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
Outstanding organization that has provided tremendous growth opportunities for Advanced Practice Professionals.
So So
Team Lead (Former Employee), LegacyJuly 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management has no clue on how to run a bingo game let alone a department in a health care facility.
If you go to work focused on the real goal of helping the children you will be fine.
Supports the need for care to children
Referral and Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 10, 2014
this company is amazing to work with. Children's Medical Center really cares about each and every single child that walks though the door.
Medical Coding
Medical Coder/Biller (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: codin
Cons: practice downsizing
I loved working here. They trained me for a few weeks and let me go on my own. After a few months of working closely with other coders they then sent me to another location to work on my own. I am positive I would still be there had the practice not had to downsize.
nive place and team to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
I used to be a Volunteer at the Children's Medical Center. I gained an unforgettable and important experience while helping with kids of a different age and who had different needs. I was surprised how much a working stuff including doctors, nurses and other workers, cared about patients. I really liked a pleasant environment inside of this amazing hospital and enjoined every single day that I spent there.
I would be happy to work at Children's Medical Center again!
Work in progress
HR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: mission, legacy campus
Cons: management, morale
Some of the executives have a good pulse on the organization while others never leave the comfort of the Purple Palace (c-suite). The majority of middle management does not have a clue how to interact and manage employees so the culture and morale need improvement. The good news is that the clinical staff is excellent and completely committed to patient care, which is what matters the most. Unfortunately, what should matter the most to leadership - the employees - is not a priority at all.
So, so
Social Worker (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2014
Good product and caring environment but management is top heavy.
Making life better for children
Patient Service Coordinator, Radiology Department (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2014
Assisted with different Radiology modalities in order to improve patient care.
Gained a wealth of knowledge
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lake City, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: local office, no cummuting
Cons: inadequant medical insurance
I gained a wealth of knowledge in pediatrics and a in a pediatric office setting. I also have mastered many skills that I can always use in the future.
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: i got experience in what i want to do.
Cons: they had to downsize the practice
This office took a chance with me having NO experience in coding and it was great. I was trained for about 2 weeks and then on my own. There was always someone there for me to go to if I had questions. I loved it. I made some good friends too.
Play area for kids and Child Life on campus.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: very kid friendly.
Cons: there are none.
Great place for parents to bring there sick and well kids.
"Make life better for children one breath at a time."
Productive with plenty of job advancement
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great mission
Cons: not enough training to be excellent at your job
Best part of my day was making life better for children. Great place to grow into any career choice. Down side is having support from management.
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Informed patients and visitors of hospital information, greeted patients and staff members, accepted incoming calls and transferred calls to appropriate persons or department, and validated parking fees
Fun Productive Workplace
Statistical Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Learned about Popluation Analysis, SAS, Tableau, healthcare analytics
Fun and Loving place to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas TexasJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: employee discounts and holiday events
I learned that working for a hospital no matter what your duties are goes a long way, because the patients benefit from it..
Great facility for their patients.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: took an hour to drive to and from work.
Could work at my own pace. The people I worked with were nice and helpful. Management picked her clicks - not a good thing. Hardest part was when my director (boss) went out on LOA.
Client Service
Front Office Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2013
It is a very busy environment and a good place to work. It is a really big company that has a wide range of things that you could get involved with.
Own office
Health Care Worker (Promotora) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2013
Pros: enjoy what i do.
Cons: long hours
Review and approve the day before's count. Check list of patients in Fast Track and main Emergency room ,to see wht patient's to be assisted first. Make sure there are enough packets of hand outs for the day. Split Pods with coworker. Start going into examining rooms while patients are waiting to be discharged.Educate parents as to how to navigate health plans for assistance. Help parents with all in information needed so as to make a sound judgement on utilizing Emergency room. During down times coordinate and create procedures to implement on how to make our job easier.