Children's Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed CMC
Ambulatory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I learned a lot that I am looking forward to using elsewhere. CMC is great at giving opportunities in advancement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not big enough food area for employees
Very polite workers and fun to work with
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work is doing a lot of filing. I would have to file all the medical records in alphabetical and numeric order. I took orders from my supervisor and nurses that worked their. I learned how to fax, close out files and got more aware of how to file correctly. The management is very respectful and cares about the sick children on there program. The co-workers are very friendly and respectful and also are very patient. The hardest part of the job was a lot of standing, paper cuts and bending over, but I did not mind. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing we were taking care of a sick child that was in need of there medication. I enjoyed every moment.
Pros
A LOT OF POT LUCKS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
its ok
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJuly 7, 2015
no room for advancement t very unorganized managment is not professional high staff turn over please dont work here and look for growth the pay sucks as well
Great company to work for, people in HR and Employee Health were all very nice and helpful
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work varied, but most of the work took place on a computer. Whether it was inputting new hire information for HR or Employee Health or updating employees compensation and benefits. Utilized my skills with Excel and Word. It consisted of a lot of clerical work and organization.
Pros
the employees, food at the cafeteria, the work
Intense Learning Environment
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
Working at Children's was a very fast- paced environment that required great liability and responsibility. I was exposed to some highly stressful and intense situations in which I learned to keep calm and use my skills to handle difficult situations rationally. Sitting sick children and working hands on with them in the playrooms was a life changing experience.
Front Office Administrative
Chart Organization, Front Office Floater (Former Employee) –  Martinsville VirginiaMay 19, 2015
I work well with others. I can sign to the hearing impaired.I have a passion to work with people. I was trained as a floater for all jobs.
IV Room Pharmacy Technician duties
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Come in at 6:30 I have two cartfills to perform with a couple of techs and a pharmacist, deliver medications to the floor, and the rest of the evening is doing first-doses and compounding medications. Management is fantastic, coworkers are great and reliable. Night shift is a difficult shift to work, however.
Pros
Great pay, great leadership
Cons
Hospitals are always open, hard to find night shift help
Making life better for children
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2015
This company is great as far as the medical aspect and the way that children are cared for. The management teams are not involved with daily activities as they should and do not set goals or have the correct training for their team to develop and advance in this feild.
Pros
making sick children happy and giving them life!
Cons
management, pay, and training.
Ejoyed my work and coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with and in pediatrics. I also enjoyed working with the women I was blessed to work with. They were like my other family. We were very team oriented and did what we could for one another and to make our office run smoothly and efficiently.
Pros
Coworkers, patients
Great Job
Guest relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2015
Loved working with kids and family members. There was nothing bad about working there. Everything is exceptional. You may have to work 3rd shift but its all worth it for the kids and family. I love to help out.
My experience as a Security Account Manager
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Childrens Hospital LegancyMarch 6, 2015
I enjoy working for Children's Hospital I just want to work and have more responsibility in the security industry. I have worked in security 23 years and Security Management for 10 years. I have won awards as a Security Account Manager for 4 years in a row I have certificates to show you. I received 1,000 dollars each year that I won these awards for keeping my overtime and turnover down each year.
Pros
i loved working and helping children
Cons
the money was very poor for what experience that i had
productive work place, enjoyed working with employees and patients
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAFebruary 22, 2015
work started at 8am, computers on, talking with patients, learned alot about communication,computers,worked well with providors,11 in all,Doctors,Nurse praticioners,PA's, gave IMM.gave meds, collected lab specimens. we were a very close family with co-workers,the hardest part of job was having to leave and move to savannah. most enjoyable was helpng others, happy smiling people
Pros
pdo's
Cons
no dental insurance
Wow
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2015
There can be alot said about this place but the biggest thing is that the employees here are wonderful.
This place is hugh but you get use to it after awhile
Full time Radiologic Technology position.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I have always been fortunate to work with a great group of employees who have always worked well together as a team.
It does make me feel great to help make a difference in children's lives.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks when working long hours
Overall amazing customer service and child care
Concierge/ Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXDecember 10, 2014
Created a positive first impression of Children’s through professionalism and service excellence
Provided infection control screening questions and provided badges for persons entering the hospital
Escorted all patient’s and family members to their correct location
Recognized and safeguarded confidential patient information
Very Organized friendly coworkers alls learning new things
SPD Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2014
Case load about 50 cases a day. The question is what I have not learned that's why I like working in SPD u always learning something new. Management are willing to give us a helping hand when we need it cares about us as a individual, Love all my Co-workers great group of people to work with. Hardest part of the job is making sure we communicate well together. I love what I do.
Pros
very organized
Cons
not enough emplyee
Large hospital with boutique feeling
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 1, 2014
Wonderful employer that you can tell genuinely cares about its employees. Always one step ahead of the game in comparison to other hospitals.
Pros
tons of family activities
Cons
no breaks
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2014
I loved working at Children's Medical Center in Dallas. Everyone was so friendly and worked great together. I love working with children and although I was on the clerical side of the hospital I enjoyed every moment at work. The nurses are very helpful and if I ever had any questions they took the time to educate me on the situation.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
short breaks
lost their sense on employee recognition and appreciation
Telephonic Triage RN (Current Employee) –  dallasNovember 15, 2014
lost their sense on employee recognition and appreciation
No gratitude for free work as volunteer.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2014
Always available if my son needed me. School was within walking distance from our house.
Pros
my son went to school there. available immediately if my son needed to go to doctor.
Cons
worked for free.

Children's Medical Center Reviews by Location