Children's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good, fun place to work. Especially if you love kids.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
Learned a lot about the OR. Work days were quick, fast paced. Expected a lot of anesthesia technicians (which is a good thing). Hardest part of the job was after 3pm when day shifters leave and it is still busy. overall, great place to work.
Working for great purpose
Web Director/Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
Making Life Better for Children was a great motto and noble purpose. I always felt my work at Children's was going to a good cause. My manager was awesome and had great vision, he was rewarding to work for. I have never had more job satisfaction other than at Children's. I was put into a position with lots of room to grow and prove. I was there 5 years and never promoted though so I ended up leaving.
Pros
Great reason to wirk - Helping Children
Cons
Saw lots of financial waste on dead end projects
Appreciate that they Help Children and Families
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2017
Executive Management is very old school and are quick to put you in your place. Highly demanding Management and extremely stressful environment. Company Culture was nonexistent except on personal time.
Pros
They help Children
Cons
Mean People
Awesome place
Nurse Manger (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
This is a fast paced hospital that expects a lot from the employees. But they pay and treat you like a dedicated professional, so why not?
The care provided here is superb. You will be proud to say to you work here.
Maintenance
Maint, Eng. Tech. (Parts and Supply Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 19, 2017
A very structured and regulated work environment! The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of people to achieve a common goal. Enjoyed working with other employees!
Clinical Rotation
Clinical Rotatiion - Pediatric Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLFebruary 15, 2017
This was a wonderful clinic to do a peds rotation. The preceptor and staff were extremely friendly and willing to help. Very flexible with obtaining my required clinic hours.
Fast paced and exciting
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Working in a critical care area has giving me an opportunity to take it much further in anticipating customer needs. The environment is fast paced, while taking ownership of responsibilities, work collaboratively and always looking to add to personal and professional growth to improve quality, safety and efficiency in the surgery areas
Entry Level
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
Childrens is a great place to work for entry level and beyond. Its Overall great for compensation and advancement. Great opportunity for growth
Great place to volunteer.
Volunteer/Shadow (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 28, 2016
Shadowed all the nurses and doctors on their day to day task. Very helpful and let me be involved.Really enjoyed my time there.
The patient's are great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 17, 2016
Seeing the patient's everyday is the highlight of this company. While working anywhere can get stressful sometimes, the stress level here was not worth the pay. Sometimes it seemed like even management didn't know what they were doing.

Want to know more about Children's Medical Center?

Ask a question
Wonderful place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2016
nothing bad about this place. If i go few years back, i would have never left. Money push us to do the wrong things sometimes
n/a
PICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2016
Children's medical Center of Dallas is a great place to work and I would recommend others work here.
Wonderful child friendly atmosphere
Office Manager for Volunteer Services & Genetics (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
Loved working in Volunteer Services. Great hospital and fantastic volunteers. Did not much like the work in the Genetics Clinic.
Pros
Lots of fun activities and wonderful people
Cons
Did not get good training in the Genetics Clinic, worked alone all day, computer system crashed frequently
awesome
TECH/AIDE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2016
Great place to work. The benefits are great and the hours are perfect. Nice family oriented place to work. The management is great and it is easy to move up in the company.
benefits
Cons
A good place to start when learning the hospital business.
Buyer - Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
A typical day was very busy, but fun. I learned a great deal about having a solid work ethic. Management was pretty good. Co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of the job was training other buyers, but even that wasn't bad. The most enjoyable was co-workers, we seem to always have a great time. We would even plan functions away from work, and have times of fellowship with our family's. Good times.
Just another day in the Pedi ED
Dallas ER Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2016
My nursing career began at CMC straight out of nursing school. This Facility and the awesome people in it have groomed me into the nurse that I am today. I have learned time management, patience, and nursing skill in itself. I have made lifelong friends! My co-workers were awesome, supportive, and highly skilled. The most enjoyable part of the job was working a great team to make life better for children. The hardest part of the job was leaving my awesome co-workers behind to move on with my life and nursing career. Working in the ER is fast pace, fun, and stressful. I thoroughly enjoyed working at CMC Dallas. My manager and team leader were very supportive and made sure I had the tools to be a successful RN.
Pros
FUN! Education benefits, opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Burn out, leaving great co-workers
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Childrens hospital is a great place to work. The food in the cafeteria is ok and the people there are very nice. If I had the opportunity to work there again I definitely would in the right capacity
An organization that is committed to fulfilling it's mission statement of making life better for children.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2015
Children's Health is an excellent place to be employed. My typical work day is busy but extremely rewarding. My coworker has a top notch work ethic. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to fix everything for each patient as much as I would like to.
productive
Patient Care Clerk lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 21, 2015
working for childrens is very fun cause we bring joy too kids that are having a hard time with life do too certain illness in there life so its brings alot of smiles too them cause we help make there life better
EVS_CHildrens
Housekeeper I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2015
The job wasn't horrible, the only problems i ever had was with supervision. There is not very much variety in the work types, they tend to be very clique-ish, even in management.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management wasn't the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Children's Medical Center Reviews by Location