Children's Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Subar work ethics and teamwork
Sr. Network Security Engineer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108January 8, 2017
Politics is bad, and culture us very corrupted. No one seems to take ownership of anything and teamwork between one dept to the other is non existence.
Pros
Benefits are very good
Cons
Politics is bad and culture is very corrupted, worse than Federal.
Exemplary Place to Work
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 19, 2016
There is no words to describe how great it is to work at Children's Mercy. The people there are so amazing! They support each other and give you everything you need to succeed how you need to. There are so many opportunities for education and benefits. They are ranked the best place to work for a reason. The culture at CMH is unlike any other place I have ever worked and it's definitely a career job.
Productive and Fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Processing referrals and scheduling appoints for various specialty clinics. There was room to grow in management and the training process.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay
Cons
Training was extensive
Good Company - needs to advance more
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2016
Fairly good company to work for but needs to invest more in advancing their employees for time spent and advancement in education. Management for the most part don't care about the employees and it's evident in their dealings with the employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
No advancement, low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2016
High turn over rate in environmental services, no advancement and low pay for those with 5+ years of experience. Very caring & supportive of private life situations outside of facility. A bunch of clicks within the dept. This group of adults doesnt like that group of adults. Dept has holiday gatherings for employess and some will have their own private gathering in cafe. Very childish! These are people in their 40s, 50s, & 60s behaving this way!
Pros
Not overworked, great management
Cons
Low pay, childish coworkers
very productive and professional work place
Biomedical Electronic Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2016
The work day was very productive and a wonderful learning environment for an intern.
I learned how to preform preventive maintenance and safety tests on various pieces of medical equipment.
Management was well organized and fair. They were also understanding if schedules needed to be adjusted. My co-workers were very hardworking and knowledgeable of their jobs. They were also very willing to take time to train me no matter how busy they were.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave when the internship was over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about servicing medical equipment with people who were very knowledgeable about their jobs.
Its not all about the kids unfortunately
Registered Nurse-Sleep Disorders Clinic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2016
This is a very racist institution that like many others is just about there bottom line-the almighty dollar. I gave five years of service to Children's Mercy Hospital and I made was bullied and railroaded out of my job because I spoke up about training concerns I had. Manage violated my privacy, harassed me, and embarrassed me in front of my co-workers until I was having panic attacks before work. If I had the money to fight this company legally I would because they destroyed my life over the course of 3 months.
Must be a multitasker and be willing to learn and jump in where you are needed.
Chart Availability Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 20, 2016
I have learned a lot during my time here at Children's Mercy Hospital. I am looking to expand my knowledge and work in an environment where upper management knows the workings of the department.
Pros
Flexible hours for salaried employees.
Cons
No paid holidays, lack of knowledgeable upper management.
Coworkers on Weekend Shifts were great to work with.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with very qualified techs on both evening and night shifts. Helping ill children was a very satisfying experience. Working in the main laboratory was extremely challenging.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management top heavy in the laboratory
Pressure, political correctness and rules
Precertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2017
The primary function seems to be to make every aspect of the job as difficult as possible. All the while expecting you to do more than one person's work.
Pros
Working for the benefit of babies, good cause
Cons
Health ins. is awful with huge deductible, impossible goals and standards
Love the hospital
Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 2, 2016
Overall I loved working for the hospital and things I was able to be apart of. The management could use some help though. Most of the staff though is wonderful.
Pros
Great co-workers
Caring environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Various departments (Worked as a Contractor)January 18, 2017
Children's Mercy is a great place to work. The employees all share the dedication and passion for taking care of the children and their families that we serve.
Pros
Great caring and passionate environment
Cons
All the parking for employees is off site, but they do run shuttles every couple of minutes to pick you up
Great hospital but...
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2015
After working as a clinical pediatric nurse with very little previous hospital experience, I was in for a rude awakening when starting in an inpatient unit. The nursing staff were generally nice. Management was amazing. All but one of the preceptors were great. I did learn, however, that working in a step-down unit was not a good fit for me. Call it "controlled chaos" where you had to multitask constantly with frequently changing orders and patient issues. I learned that I needed some place that was more structured and somewhat more routine even if it's fast-paced, such as in an ambulatory setting. This is one of the reasons I love nursing. I had the opportunity to see if the grass was greener on the other side of the fence but it wasn't, for me.
Pros
Shifts, benefits, management
Cons
Ability to orientate on various procedures, varying preceptors
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2017
A lot of opportunity to try different areas of work. The work is focused on the patient and family. It is a Magnet facility, to focused on providing nurses a voice in the structure and development of the organization.
Productive and Fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2017
I love Children's Mercy and it is one of my favorite jobs that I have ever had. I am so thankful and love working there and I am thankful for all the friends.
Great opportunities.
Language Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2016
Working here is great as an employed you have really great benefits, team work, continuous learning. Love the place, the people, the benefits. I miss this place.
Pros
Great Place to Work and Grow Professionally
Children's Mercy Hospital was an outstanding experience.
Program, Operations, Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2016
Interning at the Children's Mercy Hospital was a great learning experience. The culture at CMH is unparalleled, and made it a pleasure to go to work each day.
Pros
Welcoming and encouraging atmospher
Enjoyable workplace
Front Office, Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 15, 2016
I love working with children everyday at a pediatric clinic. I would greet patients, check them in, answer phones, schedule and reschedule appointments, collect copays, and make my patients feel welcome at the clinic. I love working with children in a pediaric clinic because i like making children feel better when they are sick. I love all my coworkers at the workplace, and we always help each other out.
Productive, fun, family oriented
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2015
I think CMH is a great place to work, the focus is taking care of the children and their family, so that they will have the best experiences they can have under the circumstances of having being sick. Great benefits for employees and their family. Supportive leadership team...
Pros
Great benefits, family oriented place of business
Cons
Riding the shuttle to work from offsite parking
Produtive and fun place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2015
The hardest part of the job dealing with upset customers. I've learned to work online very well. I love working with the staff I am employed with! I also love processing donations.
Pros
Good benifits, fun, different tasks daily
Cons
Seeing kids sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5