Children's Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Great job with great people
Milk Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 3, 2018
Loved the group of employees I worked with. Was held accountable to complete tasks designated to me in a timely manner. Was a great learning experience that I will be able to use towards my future career goals.
My Privilege to work at Children's Mercy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2018
Quite simply, I enjoyed working with staff. It is a team environment that is supportive of all team members. Opportunities to learn the many aspects of IT in Hospitals are numerous.
Pros
Supportive and Friendly Culture
Cons
none from my perspective
Fast paced.
Graduate Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108December 30, 2017
I would go in on the night shift and get my assignment and report. Greet my patients and family members. Prepare my medications and cluster care so that I would not disturb the patient and families rest.
Pros
Benefits, pay for a new grad okay
Awesome place to work
Care Assistant/ Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 24, 2017
Children's Mercy is an awesome facility to work at! The resources and atmosphere are FANTASTIC! The benefits for me as a single person were perfect, and I hear they're great for families too. The support of all of the staff is unbeatable.
Great
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 27, 2017
Great place to grow in your career. There are great job opportunities for those who want to grow in their careers. The are different locations within company.
remote coder
Coder II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 24, 2017
Once trained in office you are sent home to work remotely. This was a great advantage to a person who has children, personal appointments + as you could work your hours through out day.
Pros
work at home, learned different departments and billing criteria.
Cons
equipment was our own, poor help from supervisors many times
Fun place to work
Vascular Access RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108October 14, 2017
It is a great place to work with children and their families. There are many different types of positions available. I enjoy being able to move throughout the hospital and work in many different areas.
Pros
children
Cons
becoming more of a business atmosphere
adjustment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2017
this company is known to over work it's employees that begins to be stressful as they are performing the work of four people and under paid for any educational advancement they have obtained.
Security/Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 4, 2017
Everyday I come to work I can find a reason to be thankful. Children's does great work with kids. I supervisor the day to day operation of the security staff at the hospital.
Nice place to get your foot in the door and for training but no room for advancement
Information Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2017
Children's Mercy is a great hospital and I enjoy working for a great cause, helping children. However, there was no room for advancement unless you go into a management role. The pay was average.
Shifting culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I worked at Children's Mercy for the last 25 years, and have nothing but great things to say about what they do on a daily basis for their patients and their families.
The workplace culture has shifted in the last two years to that of moving out the old, bringing in the new, and all about the money. I understand you have to get paid for your services just like any business but the focus has shifted to that being one of the main concerns. It's hard to understand when there are multiple leaders making more than a million dollars a year, yet they are taking things away from the front line staff. It's a changing culture from what they always were, and it's sad to see it.
Pros
The kids
Cons
They've gotten so big, they no longer care about those who helped them get there.
Management so bloated
ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 2, 2017
There are so many tiers of management and none of them actually know what it takes to do the jobs of the people they manage. Management constantly pushing through initiatives and processes that over-complicate an otherwise simple job.
Positive Workplace
Assistant Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 2, 2017
I love, love, love, this place. Great in almost everyway. They care about the children they are caring for and their employees. They have great benefits and room to excel. Great team to join.
Children's Mercy
EVS- Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2017
I work nights.. Graveyard. I come in at 1030pm and leave at 7am.. I clean the hospital rooms and the ER and OR rooms for the Doctor's and the patients..
Perfect place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  KansasAugust 30, 2017
I enjoy all of the people that work there, they care for every patient that comes through the doors with open arms. No matter what the role is, you know that everyone will do their best to help out in any way possible.
A humbling experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2017
I worked in the Neonatal ICU, it humbled me to see babies fight for their lives. The doctor's, nurses, management, and the secretaries were a great team! We made sure to accommodate the parents with whatever they needed to help bring their stress levels down. The hard part was when a baby would pass away, it would affect all of us. The best part was seeing the babies get to go home!
Pros
3 12 hr shifts
Cons
no advancement
Hospital behind the times
EDI Analyst Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2017
EDI, insurance billing, Monday-Friday 6am-3:30pm, Holidays off, no weekends, however the time off is earned by the hour you work, PTO. No work/life balance.
Wonderful Educational Experience
Health Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2017
The opportunity to work at one of their clinics and gain experience was priceless. All the employees I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. Everyone was willing to answer any questions I had through out my time there.
Pros
great teaching hospital and clinic
A good place to work, but emotionally difficult due to the type of patients
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2017
The hours and work of itself were fine, and as far as doing the exams, I was prepared, but I was not prepared for the emotional toll that working with children would have. I saw too many cases that I just felt were out of my control to help the patient, and it broke my heart. It is a fine place to work and takes a special person to be able to work there, it just wasn't something I could do.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108May 17, 2017
The atmosphere at Children's Mercy Hospital is just awesome. The staff at this facility have great attitudes towards visitors and with the infrastructure.