Children's Mercy Hospital

Children's Mercy Hospital Employer Reviews

great pay great co workers
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2014
I fully enjoyed my job but as far as management, there was absolutely no support whatsoever.
Professional environment with great atmoshphere
Diabetes Nurse Clinician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: work experience
I had the opportunity to work and care for critically ill children and their families for several years. I gained valuable experience in the areas of oncology and diabetes care.

The job was challenging due to high levels of stress but the staff worked well together as a team. I enjoyed the professionalism and dedication of my co-workers.

I enjoyed – more... the satisfaction of helping to improve lives of the patients and reducing their anxiety during treatment. – less
Patient centered, productive, fun work enviroment
Care Assistant- Float Pool (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Great place to work!! Great benefits, I love being able to wake up and go to a place where I know I have a place.
Productive work environment with a heart-felt mission,.
Talent Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Children's Mercy is located in Kansas City with several buildings where employees are able to work and provide excellent care for patients.
Wonderful environment to work in every day
Registered Nurse, Urgent Care (Current Employee), Independence, MOSeptember 12, 2014
Children's Mercy is a wonderful place to work. Everyone has a passion for their job and for the care of the children.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work with the pediatric population. Very caring and compassionate co-workers
Productive and fun workplace.
Access Representative I, II, & III (Former Employee), Kansas City, MoJuly 18, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: having to sometime deliever bad news
Fun loving workplace, my coworkers were get, my boss was a awesome people person. hardest part of the job was telling a family that their insurance wasn't going to cover a procedure. Must enjoyable was meeting the patients and their familys.
Fun place to work with the patients, and the largest percentage of the hospital were kind, caring people.
RN Staff (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: an amazing hospital to work in and and mostly a gret company to work for.
Cons: nephrology department.
My experience with Children's Mercy Hospital was amazing until the last few months after a new manager arrived. Since the new manager came to the department I was in, she progressively eliminated most of the great staff in that department by being sneaky, tricky, and dishonest.
A company that values the patients as well as the employees!!!
Unit Secretary/Care Assistant (Current Employee), Overland Park, Ks.June 17, 2014
Such a wonderful atmosphere this company has!!! You feel like a rockstar knowing you've achieved in helping another person.
Great co-workers and working environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2014
All the workers here feel like a family and are very courteous. The management system is fair and outgoing in helping patients, visitors and workers.
Excellent for learning a variety of things in healthcare
Client Service Representative & Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 5, 2014
Pros: teaching hospital
Cons: n/a
Perform various task of Clinical Outreach Laboratory Services. Management was wonderful and the co workers were great. Worked with a lot of people from around the world and learned a lot. Didnt have one thing that was hard about this job and truly miss it.
A very fun and rewarding place to work.
CA- Care Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2014
I have learned that children are much stronger than adults when it comes to diseases and illness.
One of the best pediatric hospitals in the world.
Admissions Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriJanuary 21, 2014
This is a great company to work for. They have a policy of never turning away a child in need regardless of ability to pay. I was proud to work for this company
Rewarding enviroment to work in.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 1, 2014
I loved working with the children and their families. The most enjoyable, yet hardest part of work was finding a way to ease the pain and fear of my patients and their families.
Children's Mercy had the highest quality of staff and services provided.
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2013
Pros: there were lots of perks for working at cmh, all the educational opportunities and the committees that you could participate on
Cons: small staff, small work space.
Great place to work. I learned so much from the seasoned nurses that I worked with. A typical day would include seeing employees that had appointments for vaccinations, assessments of titers, assess employee injuries and determine if they need to be seen by our OH physician. Took call every other week and would deal with BBEs on a weekly basis and handled – more... the follow up and would test the employees out for 6 months. We had to work as a team and had each other's backs and would always be ready to help with a for cause drug screen or just sit with an employee if they were having anxiety and it made their BP come up. Sometimes I had to call their PCP and send them to their PCP or straight to the ER. A co-worker and I stayed with an employee who was in denial about the seriousness of her symptoms and she was hospitalized for a stroke and she believed that we had helped save her life. – less
Hospital did great things
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriOctober 18, 2013
Pros: was able to come in early
Cons: sometimes no breaks, no help on workflow
Very busy daily, always preparing for classes that was held daily. Contacting outside participants for dates of classes they are attending. Collecting fees, mailing out packets. Processing daily schedules and calendars for staff. Entering information into the computer for hospital staff. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with the instructors – more... and the families on the floors. The kids always had a smile and never seemed to show how sick they were.
On my desk I was never caught up, and had no one to back up my job if I was on vacation or out of the office. Management brought no extra support, as well as not around to see the daily issues. – less
CMH
Access Representative I - Nephrology (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2013
Cons: no loyalty from the managers to their employees. nurses are very gossipy and rude.
Best part of the job is getting to be around the patients.
Hardest part of the job was working with a lot of the nurses. In the clinic I worked in they did not do much work. They spent a lot of time on the internet and gossiping and making stuff up about the other people in clinic. Very stressful and hostile environment.
New challenges every day brought my flexibility into play in positive ways.
Chaplain (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: this was a dream job... i thrived on the work and the environment.
Cons: i had to leave the hospital when my husband was transferred to augusta, maine.
Usually 8 to 4 with occasional emergency calls at night. First requirement was responding to requests by staff for visits to patients or patient families. Then a series of rounds of each ward/floor and the ER to just see who might need some support or information.

Management was good with careful attention to Quality Control in all areas of the hospital. – more... Co-workers were focused on the patients, staff and families... so we were all interested in the same thing and most were professional volunteers. Medical staff was appreciative of the work we did, while volunteers and housekeeping staff were all of the same mind. Kids are first.

The hardest part of the job was regularly coping with my own grief when a young patient died, or received a difficult prognosis. Yet the best part of the job was seeing the resulting peace restored to children and their families, medical staff and their counterparts, as little things (like hospitality and a listening ear) were provided for all who needed it. – less
I wish we were still patient driven
RN (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2013
Love my job, the physicians and most of my peers. Management has lost sight of what is important. The PATIENT and their family. Money driven.
Respiratory Therapist
Certified Respiratory Therapist "CRT, Neonatal (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriJuly 25, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: seeing children die.
NICU, transports, working with CF patients. Everything I learned about Respiratory was learned at this hospital. I went to this hospital right after graduated Respiratory School. The management was great while I worked there, co-workers were friendly and respectful of each other. Losing a long term patient. Playing with the children on the down time – more... was the must enjoyable part of my job. – less