Children's Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive fun environment.
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
Great place to work. Good people.
A typical day includes linking documents from various workflow queues in ImageNow. The hardest part about this position is no paid holidays.
Great Place to work
Care Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
Working as a Care Assistant at Children's Mercy Hospital has been a great experience. They have worked with my schedule allowing me to change the days I work when needed to accommodate my school schedule. They have helped pay for my tuition to complete my degree!
Pros
Night and Weekend Differential
Great opportunities.
Language Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2016
Working here is great as an employed you have really great benefits, team work, continuous learning. Love the place, the people, the benefits. I miss this place.
Pros
Great Place to Work and Grow Professionally
Great place
Security Officer - Armed (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Supervisors are great, and the pay is very nice. The job itself is not very difficult, and allows you the opportunity to be as busy as you want. My coworkers are supportive, and I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
Excellent Learning Environment
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, MO. I was able to complete two rotations in the Emergency Department and the Cardiac unit.
Produtive and fun place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2015
The hardest part of the job dealing with upset customers. I've learned to work online very well. I love working with the staff I am employed with! I also love processing donations.
Pros
Good benifits, fun, different tasks daily
Cons
Seeing kids sick
childrens mercy
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2015
I like working here its awesome it gave me a lot of opportunities of new learning experiences and i appreciate this job for it.
good job
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
This job was a good job when I first started there, but after all the changes and the politics it became a stressful job. This job was a great job and I had a great boss. The job itself was very interesting and not to demanding and seeing the look on the kids faces when you can do something to help them makes it very worth it.
Productive, fun, family oriented
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2015
I think CMH is a great place to work, the focus is taking care of the children and their family, so that they will have the best experiences they can have under the circumstances of having being sick. Great benefits for employees and their family. Supportive leadership team...
Pros
Great benefits, family oriented place of business
Cons
Riding the shuttle to work from offsite parking
Art Therapy
Primary Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2015
Utlized art therapy with terminally ill children and adolescents to help deal with medical issues. I developed individualized treatment plans and created a format for confidential notes while collaborating weekly with an interdiscinplinary team to enhance each client's treatment.
Pros
Smiles and lots of them
Cons
Life comes to an end
Great place to work!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 21, 2015
Highly intelligent and skilled staff. Wonderful facility. Individualized care from caring staff. Team environment.
Excellent company to work for!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2015
Children's Mercy Hospital is an amazing hospital to work for. The physicians and staff work very well together. The hospital employs only top notch staff!
A rewarding career by being the lifeline for the children
Critical Care Transport Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2015
The hardest part of my job is the emotional pressures listening to phone calls about children. As a communication specialist, we receive all phone calls to the hospital for direct admissions, consults, and transports.
Great hospital but...
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2015
After working as a clinical pediatric nurse with very little previous hospital experience, I was in for a rude awakening when starting in an inpatient unit. The nursing staff were generally nice. Management was amazing. All but one of the preceptors were great. I did learn, however, that working in a step-down unit was not a good fit for me. Call it "controlled chaos" where you had to multitask constantly with frequently changing orders and patient issues. I learned that I needed some place that was more structured and somewhat more routine even if it's fast-paced, such as in an ambulatory setting. This is one of the reasons I love nursing. I had the opportunity to see if the grass was greener on the other side of the fence but it wasn't, for me.
Pros
Shifts, benefits, management
Cons
Ability to orientate on various procedures, varying preceptors
Patient first approach
Director Ambulatory Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2015
I try to provide the best resources for my staff to ensure the best patient care possible. The part I enjoy the most about my job is the time I get to spend with my staff in helping their development and growth potential.
Pros
team/collaborative approach
Best hospital culture around
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 30, 2015
Working at Children's Mercy is a dream come true. Everyone treats each other with respect and the hospital truly values it's employees.
Great place to work, very diverse
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2015
Everyone is alway on time, always ready to work when they're shift starts. The benefits are GREAT! Hard to deal with the parents of the patients at time but all worth it. Very easy job.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Scheduling
Excellent group of people
Cardiac Sonographer III/Educator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2015
I loved working at CMH. Great people, good work/life balance. Very little call. Good benefits. I would go back in a heartbeat.
division between upper and lower management
Kidney/Pancreas Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2015
a y in the morning work day started very early in the morning. it oes not make way for teamwork. management was not available unless they were forced to be of nd audiyor was going to be in the clean. your resources is the hhdt whom the patient usually put there trust.
Pros
evidence based teaching opportunity
Cons
no teamwork
Direct Patient care of Children with severe ADHD.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KansasMarch 15, 2015
• Performed 320 hours of direct patient care with children having severe ADHD
• Selected for one of 20 positions out of 300 applicants
• Established new treatment plans to better serve the children’s needs
• Worked with parents to establish at-home routines to enhance children’s treatment

4.7