Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Employer Reviews

Positive team environment supportive healthcare for children
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: connection with management
Entire staff worked together for the good of the patient. It is a joy to work in an environment where everyone wants to work with children. There seemed to be some distance between management and employees. The employees have great ideas and want to feel listened to. There is a lot of pride working for this hospital overall. It is very progressive and they are always doing things for the community.
Great place to receive education.
Nurse Assistant, Nurse Tech, Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Children's Mercy Hospital and ClinicsMarch 24, 2014
Pros: availability for continuing education.
Cons: being transferred to different units.
I started working here as a nurse assistant. The nursing staff were great in that they always wanted to teach you what they knew.

As a nursing assistant/tech, I followed orders of the nurse and helped with their patient work load. I learned all my nursing skills from patient care to caring for patient families. I learned how to advocate for patients, use other resources available. I learned how to be sensitive to different cultures.

Since this was my first experience as a nurse, the hardest part was dealing with family dynamics and being sensitive to family and religious beliefs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was a family leaving healthy and happy. My best memories are of a family in the parking lot looking back up at their room, seeing me, then smiling and waving. They would also send Christmas cards thanking you for their care.
Access Rep
Access Representative I (Current Employee), Leawood, KSMay 13, 2013
Pros: the pay is great
Cons: i only get 1 brek.
The job is great; but, I need daytime hours. That's my biggest complaint.
Great place to work!!
Nurse Technician-Sleep Disorders Clinic (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 3, 2013
Great job! Everyone cares about everyone and its obvious. Compensation could be a little better but its not terrible.
Family Friendly but poorly managed
Development Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 3, 2012
Pros: great place to help peopple
Cons: poorly managed
I worked with development staff to raise money for children's mercy; we would host events, tours, and learning sessions about what we need help with from the community in terms of networking and dollars.