Children's National Medical

Children's National Medical Employer Reviews

Clinical LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: lack of team work with co-workers, management who may show favortism, assume without waiting for all details to be given, and lack good bettermanagement skills.
A typical day for me would be opening clinic up, making sure rooms were stocked and ready for patients. When patients start to arrive I would room patients promptly and collect all necessary information. It would also include making sure the physician had everything they needed to manage their patient load. I have learned so much over the years, including – more... but not limited to: pediatric orthopaeditic injuries and chronic illnesses, wound care, wound VAC applications, assessing patients for all areas of their health, not necessarily for the reason being seen, setting up sterile procedure trays, assisting physicians with minor office procedures, applying short arm and leg casts, and observing the physicians to meet their next need(s).
Management, there are good ones and there are those that need to be open to learning additional management skills. For me, a manager needs to be strong and supportive in ways that I can learn from my mistakes and feel like they stand behind me and recognize my achievements.
Co-workers are somewhat similar to management. Co-workers need to be team players, supportive, be approachable when help is needed and be approachable and open minded if you have a concern you would like to talk with them about.
The most difficult part of the job for me is when co-workers do not work as a team, are not working at their full capacity, are negative about the job and employer/manager, talk about others behind their backs and deescalate situations that may have been preventable.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients and their families. It gives me such a good feeling when they express their gratefulness for how they were treated and are happy when they leave. – less
good working enviroment
Pediatric Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2014
I love working for Children's National. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing we help children get well.
Registered Nurse - EMTC (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2013
Great facility to work for, lots of education and training provided
Great people to work with.
DOL Grant Participant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: training.
Cons: communication
Great to learn and use my clinical knowledge in health IT.
Only one in the nation in ehx implementation around 39 pediatric practices around the DC metro area.
Fun at work with shows, and music events
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: bonus, time off and vaction with benefits
Cons: old equiptment
my day consisted of insuring that the Sterile Processing Department was well maintained in housekeeping and floor care on a daily basis. Management was responsible for insuring all the departments was satisfied. My co-workers would come together in assisting each to accomplish the task. The hardest part of the day was leaving the job with a with others – more... needs to meet. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the customers appreciated the facility appearance. – less
Lack Of Communication
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 26, 2013
poor communication from management, job details are never what you are told just handed down
Teamwork enviroment, almost like family
Clinical Operations Representative II (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: had to resign due to the lose of a love one
A typical day would consist of patient coming in for check ups and scheduling appointments, but the staff was always helpful to each other and offering a hand.
Childrens Hospital
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2013
I like working at the hospital. But its just to much drama for me. So im looking for a little bit more professional work enviroment.

Rishanda – May 21, 2013

This is so true for alot of the departments.

Very challenging place to work
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 1, 2013
There is a lack of proper management training and accountability of those above a line staff level.
Children's Hospital
STAFF ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no career advancement
The greatest thing about working at Children's Hospital is the ability to help some of the sickest patient in the world. The opportunity to meet, see and learn new medical advances with what the hospital is presented with on a daily basis is a wonderful experience to anyone who is in the in the medical field. My best experiences working in Children's – more... Hospital was in the NICU and the DCKIDS Program. In these two departments, I've had the ability to interact with patients and family, and develop bond and friendship all while delivering the best patient care as a PCT and a Clinical Service Assistant. It was rewarding, engaging and special all in one and I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. All also have many years of administrative experience and some Junior Management experience and this whole experience in itself has been outstanding. – less
productive
Clinic Operations Representative II (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 11, 2012
A typical day at work is very busy with a high call volume for appoinments.What I have learned is that not everyone is who they appear to be. The hardest part of the job is seeing some of the of the special needs patient come in and you know that they are in pain,but they are non-verbal and is unable to let you know what's going on with them. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients and parents leave the office with a smiles. As far as management I think that they should be evaluated every six months by the staff and it should be taken seriously. It's a wonderful place to work but management makes it bad because they dont know how to seperate their personal life and be professional in the work place, so they come to work with it instead of leaving it at the door. – less
Clinic Operations Manager, III (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2012
Children's is a wonderful place to learn and grow in your career in healthcare.
clerical job
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 30, 2012
Manager was unpredictable -- loved me right away for no apparent reason, would say one thing one day and contradict herself the next, which made for a high level of anxiety. We had an epidemic of people suffering from heart palpitations (no joke).
Rewarding experiences
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2012
Working with children everyday at the largest children's hospital in our area is a very rewarding experience. Although some days are difficult dealing with very sick children, it is rewarding and I am proud to say I work with babies and children everyday.
A great teaching facility.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 20, 2012
The hardest part of the job was seeing ill little people, but it was very rewarding to know the care I provided made their day a little better.
Fun and friendly working environment
Data Analyst/Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 30, 2012
While working in the Patient Safety and Legal Department I was responsible for collecting data from employee and patient safety reports. I would then upload this information into various databases and design graphs and charts of the findings. I learned how to be independent and motivate myself. I discovered by ability to learn learn quickly and be able – more... to be productive with little to no supervision. I really enjoyed the people around me, they were very helpful when I first started this internship. It was very comforting. – less
fun place to work
D.C. Admissions Representative/counselor (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2012
Pros: bright, cheerful, place to work
excellent open relaxed atmosphere and wonderful staff and patients
A great place to start your career
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 7, 2012
This is a great place to start your career. There are many opportunities to get involved and learn new skills
Very fast past office with beautiful children
Senior Clinical Operations Rep (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 2, 2012
Pros: good people, wonderful children, great team work
Working there is been great and it has been the best experience.

About Children's National Medical

Washington, DC, is a leader in the development of innovative new treatments for childhood illness and injury. – More from ZoomInfo »