Children's National Medical Employee Reviews

Exciting
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the skills I was learning
Cons: Wasn't too keen on how the doctor's treated staff
A typical day at work was typing memorandums and sending letters to patients regarding their lab results. I learned a lot of new skills, medical terminology and how to use a lot of hardware. My co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of the job was trying to grasp all of the information. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finally starting a career.
My Job
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2015
Overseen daily office operations and delegated authority to assigned supervisors. Developed guidelines for prioritizing, evaluating and modifying work activities as necessary.Established and maintained – more... efficient patient flow.Assist supervisors in the implementation and understanding of clinical policies and procedures.Ensured that the office was staffed appropriately. Assist in hiring, recruitment, orientation,staff development and staff evaluations.Maintained office supplies, ensured that mail is opended and processed and made sure the office was opened and closed properly.Maintained billing and made sure the doctors, nurses, and technicians CME and crendentials was renewed and also mainted a safe and clean environment for the patients and staff. I interacted with the patients, medical and administrative and the public. Keep time and attendance for the medical and administrative staff. Travel, meetings, and conference call arrangements. – less
Fun place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Colleague skill levels
I enjoy my position at Children's but feel overqualified and underutilized.
I have learned a lot of medical computer systems.
The commute is terrible.
BREAT
Patient Accounts Representative II (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR THEY LOVE THERE PATIENTS AND YES I WOULD REAPPLY HERE ALSO I LOVE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
Wonderful place to work with children and helping to change to future of medicine relating to children and childhood disease.
Clinical Laboratory Support Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2014
Children’s National is the leading provider of pediatric care in the Washington, DC, area. Our team of 6,000+ employees provide world-class care in a warm and caring environment designed with kids in mind. Children’s National is a Magnet® designated hospital and is consistently ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in America by U.S.News and World Report.
Exciting and friendly atmosphere
Clinical Operations Representative II (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 18, 2014
On a typical day we see an average of 150 patients. Over my years I learned how to go above and beyond for the people that I care about. I've known my boss for 6 years and over the years she has supported – more... and encouraged me to do great things. I now know the true meaning of teamwork, my colleagues and I get along very well. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to turn a frown upside down, I Love making people smile. – less
Loved being around the kids all day!!
Senior Clinical Operations Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 26, 2014
Pros: seeing newborns daily
Cons: hearing about the issues with child protection
Great place, learned a lot about pediatrics. The doctors were good to and they really cared about the kids.
Productive, Enhancing, Learning and Multi-Cultural Work Place
Clinical Operations Representative II (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 25, 2014
Pros: room for growth, free training, great benefits
Cons: long commute
A typical day at work was very busy. Fast pace environment. I learned alot of patience in dealing with different personalities. I acquired alot of training for my position. Union based organization so job security and benefits were great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with some insurances and denied request. The best part of my job was helping sick children and their families.
a very nice hospital for sick kids
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 18, 2014
Pros: the patients
This was a very special place to work. I learned so much from the doctors and nurses. The patients were very sick and I loved working with them.
High Volume
Manager, Environmental Services (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Pros: learn something new daily; opportunity to make a difference for those seeking care.
Cons: high turnover rate with terminations due to attendance / policy violations.
General managerial duties to include managing different scenarios and staff; scheduling and social-economical challenges for many employees. Resource for staff with EAP and other necessary information – more... to ensure work/life balance. Training, coaching mentoring with rounds, modeling behaviors for staff and supervisors, heavy interaction with customers, patients and families. Consistent interaction with human resources for hiring, corrective action, development plans as needed. Manage outside vendors for contract servcies, i.e. pest control, privacy curtains, sharps and biomedical waste. Great people overall to work with; fast paced environment and high demand.

Monitor customer service results for cleanliness and courtesy from staff and experience; training developed to ensure consistent increase with services and expectations

Manage QA/QI program via Walsh system. – less
fun and heart warming
Patient care technician (SCU) (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 8, 2014
this is a great place to work. its fast and the kids are wonderful.
na
Floor Care Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 2, 2014
Childrens national is a great place to work i love the people the environment and the food.
Awesome place to work
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 2, 2014
the staff was very friendly and helpful would recommend the to everyone
Encourages learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
Wonderful place to learn and grow no matter what your position plus an amazing hospital that lets you move to different departments until you find the right place for you1
Clinical LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: lack of team work with co-workers, management who may show favortism, assume without waiting for all details to be given, and lack good bettermanagement skills.
A typical day for me would be opening clinic up, making sure rooms were stocked and ready for patients. When patients start to arrive I would room patients promptly and collect all necessary information. – more... It would also include making sure the physician had everything they needed to manage their patient load. I have learned so much over the years, including but not limited to: pediatric orthopaeditic injuries and chronic illnesses, wound care, wound VAC applications, assessing patients for all areas of their health, not necessarily for the reason being seen, setting up sterile procedure trays, assisting physicians with minor office procedures, applying short arm and leg casts, and observing the physicians to meet their next need(s).
Management, there are good ones and there are those that need to be open to learning additional management skills. For me, a manager needs to be strong and supportive in ways that I can learn from my mistakes and feel like they stand behind me and recognize my achievements.
Co-workers are somewhat similar to management. Co-workers need to be team players, supportive, be approachable when help is needed and be approachable and open minded if you have a concern you would like to talk with them about.
The most difficult part of the job for me is when co-workers do not work as a team, are not working at their full capacity, are negative about the job and employer/manager, talk about others behind their backs and deescalate situations that may have been preventable.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients and their families. It gives me such a good feeling when they express their gratefulness for how they were treated and are happy when they leave. – less
good working enviroment
Pediatric Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2014
I love working for Children's National. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing we help children get well.
Registered Nurse - EMTC (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2013
Great facility to work for, lots of education and training provided
Great people to work with.
DOL Grant Participant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: training.
Cons: communication
Great to learn and use my clinical knowledge in health IT.
Only one in the nation in ehx implementation around 39 pediatric practices around the DC metro area.
Fun at work with shows, and music events
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: bonus, time off and vaction with benefits
Cons: old equiptment
my day consisted of insuring that the Sterile Processing Department was well maintained in housekeeping and floor care on a daily basis. Management was responsible for insuring all the departments was – more... satisfied. My co-workers would come together in assisting each to accomplish the task. The hardest part of the day was leaving the job with a with others needs to meet. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the customers appreciated the facility appearance. – less
Lack Of Communication
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 26, 2013
poor communication from management, job details are never what you are told just handed down