Children's Specialized Hospital Employee Reviews

Flexible yet quick paced
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fanwood, NJNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work at if you have a family and need flexibility. Lack of career advancement. Enjoyed my 5 and 1/2 years working there, great people, great benefits!
Pros
flexible, fun, good salary
Cons
lack of room for career advancement
great work atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 29, 2017
everyone treated the children wonderful, worked together as a team, management is always willing to help. nurses were usually always willing to come in to fill a shift when needed, I would have to say the hardest part of the job was to sit with the sick kids, usually with no families or family restrictions. I do have to say watching the nurses and cna's secretary's,management, dietary, DCP&P, housekeeping, therapy services interact with the children is very heart warming. it takes a special type of person to be so kind harted
Average Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 10, 2017
Not a great place to work, if you are looking for the whole package.

If you are looking to work to help kids improve their quality of lives, it's a good place to work.

Management was so-so.

Moral was average.

Benefits are good.
Far to many changes in company policy.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 5, 2017
Many changes are constantly made, without time enough for them to be implemented properly. Inconsistent leadership. The compensation is good. However, the work/life balance leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work/life balance
i do not want to participate in this survey
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJ 07092September 9, 2017
I am not interested in expressing my work experience for my current employer. I am only filling this much of your survey out because your system is forcing me to.
Much to learn
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 1, 2017
I loved working as a scribe at CSH. There was so much I learned while I was there. The doctors were great resources and the children were incredible. If I could have I would have stayed.
Pros
Great people to work with. Great atmosphere. You learned much about neurodevelopment.
Cons
Due to scheduling sometimes it was hard to get a break.
Nice and a good welcoming environment
Volunteer in the PT department (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 9, 2017
A great place that will give good support to children with all kinds of possible treatments. The volunteering experience was great and I was able to observe many kids.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 22, 2017
Great place to work.. love working with the children. Staff is wounderful to work with. Environment is kids friendly. Its a wounderful children rehabilitation hospital that helps kids get back to activates of daily living to there full extent.
Great place to work-especially the patient population!
Clinical Nurse I, II, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 3, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Children's Specialized Hospital-
We have a wide spectrum of medical complexities and this has provided a vast learning experience.
work experience
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 30, 2017
.A typical day at work is very unpredictable due to the complex medical conditions of the patients.I have learned to multitask and be flexible to meet the needs of the unit.The hardest part of the job is caring for a dying child.The most enjoyable part is seeing my patient smile despite all of their illness.
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
working night shift
Brilliant Organization!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Roselle Park, NJMay 11, 2017
A glorious place to work. You get a chance to truly make a difference in the life of a special needs child everyday! Everyone should be so blessed to work in such a community.
"Cult-like" - both staff and administration
Pediatric Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 1, 2017
WONDERFUL population of patients and excellent potential, but AWFUL staff atmosphere with prejudgements made, non-professional heads of department with poor communication and people skills, and an atmosphere of young gossipers who make coming to work a dreaded event, and helping patients the way staff should impossible. The absolute worst place I've ever worked in nearly 20 years. I wouldn't recommend it to any therapist looking for a job.
Pros
Excellent population of patients
Cons
Very poor staff environement, Poor professional skills of administration, Cult-like atmosphere
ok
patient access liason - Temp (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 12, 2017
Management in my department was not very communicative-could have been just with me because I was a temp. I worked mostly independently in the inpatient area however the personality conflicts and internal dissention among outpatient areas made me very glad I did not work there.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
lack of flexibility from management
Great Place
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 4, 2017
Greeting patients and their families. Provide daily support after patients long day of rehabilitation. I've learned about the comprehensive rehab plans required for patients in various programs at out in-patient facility. Management is helpful and resourceful. Hardest part of the job is not being able to take away the pain children are experiencing and lose of a patient. The most enjoyable part of my day is providing emotional support through listening and providing activities that allow patients to focus on other tasks.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
No Benefits for part time employees
High Turnover, Top-heavy Management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 27, 2017
The culture here is clearly one where they do not invest in their service employees. It is like a revolving door for clinicians with high productivity demands, limited raises, & unattainable employee review standards. Management is top heavy with too many cooks in the kitchen at times. The clients are wonderful to work with but the overall employee morale stinks.
Fun Workplace
Pharmacy Technician CPT (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 2, 2017
The members of this organization are phenomenal. We all work together for once goal and that is Childrens that require special needs. We are a strong family and bond together to make it our goal to give these children the best care that they deserve.
ok place to work
Sr. Registrar Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJSeptember 15, 2016
It was an awesome place to work, I learned how to be proficient and to have good customer service skills. In my opinion communication is the key to succeed in any department and unfortunately that is something that was missing towards the end of my career with CHS .
Cons
no communication
Typical Day
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJAugust 24, 2016
Four technical support analysts supporting all employees from 15 office locations and employee home locations throughout New Jersey: Answer phone calls and monitor voicemails from all locations (home & office) and resolving all issues. Office/Home computer setups & support, over the phone assistance, desktop support, network printer and all peripheral setup and support.

Workstation setups for new employee with assisting logging into all company accounts, assisting telecom department replacing telephones, setting up voicemails, testing data lines, scheduled & non-scheduled video conferencing laptop setup, teleconferencing from various locations, recording video conferencing programs. Assisting application department with company wide electronic medical records system application and assisting in all upgrades.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Improvement needed
Third Party Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 14, 2016
Good Company however more structure values are needed. There were several location moved. The President of the Hospital knew every employee and patient. She has an open door policy with each and everyone of us.
Not for someone needing long term employment
Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 28, 2016
Some of the therapist treat you like their persons maid
They leave a mess and want you to clean it up while they sit and chat with other therapist. I actually had one therapist say to me CLEAN UP ON ISLE 10 as to say come clean up my mess. They will stand directly next to something within 2 inches and ask you to hand it to them. Another therapist told a parent oh don't worry about the baby vomit the aide will get it. This job is basically house keeping plus everything else the therapist need. You'll spend your day cleaning toys and copying papers. A lot of bending and lifting therapy equipment. The turn over rate for this location is amazing... Wonder why
Pros
It's a job that's not open weekends
Cons
Long day very boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Specialized Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.