Children's Village Employee Reviews

Great place to work to help children in low income areas receive quality preschool education
Preschool Classroom Aide (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 22, 2017
They do a great job at the Children's Village at the Mill of upholding Head start guidelines to provide quality education for preschoolers from low income families.
High stress, but totally worth it job
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 11, 2017
Being the field that it is, this is understandably a high stress job. When numbers are high and staff is low, things can get crazy. But you do your best and work together with a wonderful team that cares very much for the children they work with. I enjoyed the opportunities to build good relationships with the staff, children, and their families. This place was like family!
Pros
flexible, friendly staff, joy of working with children
Cons
high stress, break times inconsistent/varies on staff and ratios
a typical day at work
Home Finding Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 3, 2017
arrive at work check emails , check to see if we have any responses for fingerprints, send out in emails , file , make phone calls to foster parents .
Social therapist
Social therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
I work with children in the crisis department we're we had to work together as a team I was only there for a year and it was very challenging if somebody didn't come in you had to stay you have to work every holiday
Cons
quiet, independent job with a lot of room for creativity
Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 3, 2017
A very clean place to work with great colleagues. I was able to create my own menu within the guidelines set forth by the Bureau of Food and Nutrition. I prepared 3 meals daily for children ranging in age from 10 weeks to 5 years. great schedule and benefits package. many paid days off and accrued vacation time
Must have a passion for at risk youth
Educational Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMarch 7, 2017
This job is straight forward and to the point. You must have a passion for at risk youth who are capable of harming you. Must be able to communicate effectively.
Productive and fun place to work
Social Worker & Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYMarch 2, 2017
Staff was very close and eager to assist with the each other no matter what the possible problem may be. Agency worked very diligently to assure safe and secure placement for foster children always looking at families first. great environment.
Pros
management understands the pressures of the work and allows works plenty of recharging time
Cons
parking is very difficult
great
Applied Behavioral Science Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Exclusively counseled children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Worked collaboratively with parents and guardians in designing appropriate therapeutic approaches.
Implemented and evaluated programs while evaluated multiple case loads per week
best job ever
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 27, 2017
▪ Worked with a program called Trac which is working with immigrant kids that immigrate to the U.S either alone or with a Coyote.
▪ Monitor, supervise minors and come up with daily task, cook meals for them.
▪ Document records, body checks, currently have all my trainings up to date
Pros
great career
Unprofessional and unorganized
Limited-Secure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 22, 2017
I have never worked for an organization that was so unprofessional and unorganized. The staff abuse their power of authority. HR is completely unprofessional. They let me go because I was pregnant ! This job isn't worth the money.
Cons
Barely any lunch break
Decent
TRAC Staff Secure Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 9, 2017
If you meet or encounter the right people it will be a good time for you if not it will be not be good. I had a decent time and made some very good friendships.
Not a good place to work if your thinking of making a career there.
Socio Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 22, 2016
The lack of control of the resident and slow response from Special Services makes for unsafe work environment. The work site is great and lots of wildlife (deers,wild turkeys and skunks)
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a place for advancement
motivating and encouraging youth to be outstanding people in the community.
Sociotherapist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 13, 2016
a typical day can be good and bad depending on the energy of the staff and residents you work with.
Ive learned how to deal with different people despite their personal situations.
Management is good.
my co-workers are strong and a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of my job is trying to work with someone that does not desire to change for the better.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I do get through to people and end up changing their lives positively and productively.
Great CEO, terrible directors and supervisors
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Great CEO, but he has no idea the kind of people who run his programs. There are no consequences for the population we serve and everyone is thrown under the bus.
Sociotherapist
Sociotherapist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 31, 2016
Must be trained in Safety Crisis Management. The job can be rewarding and unsafe at times due to the emotional disturbed teenagers. Poor management at the time.
Pros
Benefits, Free Meals
The staff was friendly. Open communication.
4 years old Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 3, 2016
I loved working with the children and staff members. Got ideas from each other. The parent I had were great to have communications with.
Pros
Furthering education 401 plan
day to day
RUNAWAY HOMELESS YOUTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 19, 2016
Taking the kids to trips so they can learn new things and have fun .They don't pay enough for all of the extra hard work that you have to do . You get really good trainings.
Pros
interacting with kids
Cons
less pay
Hard work
Bilingual Family Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 3, 2016
Child welfare is hard in general, but the amount of work they want out of you and the amount of hours in a work day, nothing was able to get done.

One of my clients passed away from me and it was a huge scandal, when the agency was neglectful before he was switched over to my caseload.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Poor Managment
Decent temporal Job
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 22, 2016
Th Childrens Village is a decent temporal job to have,especially if you are going to school or waiting for other future employment. Good experience to have under resume if you are pursuing a career in working with children. Although management could be more professional and work on communication skills. The hardest part for me as an overnight supervisor would be scheduling and trying to find coverage every night due to the lack of employees.
Pros
Experience
fun work place
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 20, 2016
everyday was a learning lesson, it was a professional but fun environment. All employees treat each other as a family and work together. Everything is done as a team and communicating to one another is a must.