Children's Village Employee Reviews in United States

Best Work Environment EVER!
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 17, 2016
The Children's Village is an AWESOME place to work, hands down! Between the staff and the families, this place feels like home. We have the best team of workers, children and families. I can't see myself working anywhere else. Nothing compares to the Children's Village. Just ask our staff, children and parents!
Pros
Laid-back work environment! Down to earth staff, director and boss. Awesome kids and Families.
Cons
No Benefits.
Consistant, Productive, fun work environment
Socio-therapist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job at children's village is helping , these children with special need and ensure their comfort while they are away from home , and parents. Putting a smile on the youths faces as well as making a difference.
Management is very help , consistent and ensure needs are met with employee and residents. employee and management workers to together.
Pros
A positive work environment, being myself. Meeting & helping youths.
Cons
healthcare
Amazing Workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAApril 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at The Children's Village! The Management was amazing working with me to learn everything I needed and helped me grow as a teacher and personally.
Pros
paid training
Cons
room switching
Decent temporal Job
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 22, 2016
Th Childrens Village is a decent temporal job to have,especially if you are going to school or waiting for other future employment. Good experience to have under resume if you are pursuing a career in working with children. Although management could be more professional and work on communication skills. The hardest part for me as an overnight supervisor would be scheduling and trying to find coverage every night due to the lack of employees.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
Case Aide 2 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
If management want to hire a relative or friend in one position. Management would make up lies to have one terminated. If one had a complaint, complaint would never reach HR due to the barrier of Director, Assist. Director and Program Manger which are all close outside of work for over 30 years.
Pros
Team building lunching with co-workers.
Cons
Healthcare and Management.
Disorganized, dysfunctional, and don't care to improve...
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 9, 2016
My title says it all. Steer far from this place, I am there because I need the money, but honestly I have been looking elsewhere for some time now, I want out asap.

Management: partial and play favorites.
Co-workers: nice but don't want to improve, they are ok with the dysfunction, for various reasons, 1. Over time, if the company improves their outlook and practices, over time would be eliminated, there are people that work 199+ hours every 2 weeks in this place, simply because they can't keep staff, never fully staffed and therefore they need the coverage, but the amount of money that is waited on overtime is simply ridiculous.
Typical day: sucks.
I learned that this place is so complacent that they don't care to improve, and they want to portray the image that they care about the kids they serve, but honestly it's just a front, they just in it for the money, upper management doesnt want to introduce change as it would rattle the department and therefore get worst before it improves. Advancement here is all about who you know and favoritism, its disgusting.
The hardest part of this job is seeing people who exercised unethical behavior, dishonest practices and got away with bare minimum -advance and get promoted, this is the most disgusting thing, and then these same people act like they got what they got because they deserved it and earned it.
Pros
nothing
day to day
RUNAWAY HOMELESS YOUTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 19, 2016
Taking the kids to trips so they can learn new things and have fun .They don't pay enough for all of the extra hard work that you have to do . You get really good trainings.
Pros
interacting with kids
Cons
less pay
fun work place
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 20, 2016
everyday was a learning lesson, it was a professional but fun environment. All employees treat each other as a family and work together. Everything is done as a team and communicating to one another is a must.
Good
Direct Care Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
Enjoy working with the children and the staff
Not flexible in work hours. However, the organization is diverse which allows staff to deliver
Great Experience
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Days go by quickly especially when a person enjoys their job.
There's also a lot to learn when dealing with residents from different backgrounds.
The best part about the company is how attentive they are with their employees.
Very fun workplace
Preschool Teacher Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 22, 2016
This was a great place. Everyone was very sweet and the amount of activities the children have is great. The fact that the children also learn Japanese is great.
Productive Environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, New YorkJuly 20, 2015
A diversified community that teaches, nurtures and guides children of all ages. Meet and greets with mom and dads are during the morning and evenings. Daily health checks are observed and written down by lead or assistant teacher. Repetative scheduling is done during winter, spring, summer and fall to ensure that each child grasp the basic concept of routine. This childcare is an active, upbeat and all around fun place to be. In order to work here you have to have the love of teaching and the love of children. Its not easy but who said anything you've ever tried was. The staff here are friendly and welcoming. Each person has your back and will help you if you just ask. Don't be afraid to question certain rules and regulations, that's how you learn. The children are extremely fun to be around and definitely have different personalities but that does not always mean it can't get tiring and to difficult regulating different emotions, behavioral needs and emotional needs. Trips are a plus for this place as well as the activities, projects and volunteer work done.
Pros
Trips, activties, staff members, experience
Cons
pay wage
challeging
Director/vpk lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2015
I love the school and feel it does teach the children daily. The workers are respectful and attentive. Continues to strive to improve the programs.
Pros
learning is real/ late hours/ loving environment
Cons
no health care
helping boys in a home setting with there daily lives
sociotherapist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 23, 2013
dealing with real life crisis . prepare meals. help with home work, go to the movies. take them on home visits, and help them meet goals to go home .I learned how to deal with young children with real life problems .Turning negatives into positives. management was wonderful. co-workers was just as wonderful. The hardest part was taking the kids down when they get out of line ,The enjoyable part of the job was when you put your all and all in the boys and you see the out come off your work . it makes me feel good about being there and making a difference, the after math is the best , because you see the difference in the child, that lets me know my job was well done.
Pros
meals where free
Cons
my relief worker was always late
Inspected homes and provided foster parent trainings
Facilitate Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 6, 2014
My typical day at work was scheduling home visits and attending homes to evaluate the safety for a prospective foster parent. I learned good parenting skills within my assertive training courses. My co workers were helpful and supportive. The selective process was the most hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part was the success of assisting foster parents passing the whole training and safety course.
Pros
salary
Cons
paper work
excellent for growth
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  55 hammond House road valhalla ny 10532June 20, 2015
everyday operations were different I was always able to challenge new job opportunities. I learned to work with different people everyday, the people were pleasant. I enjoyed how t\we all worked together
Pros
people positive
Cons
not short breaks
Rewarding
Health Care Integrator (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2014
I was out in the field most of the time and stood in the office to do reports.
I learned behavior management for children who have been in the foster care system for a long time.
The hardest part of the job was the long distance traveling since, I spend most of the time driving to get to my home visits.
I enjoyed working with the young children and speaking to them about their behavior issues or their overall progress.
Pros
made my own appointments.
Cons
long distance traveling.
Workplace and enviroment
Volenteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2014
A typical day at work was fun and the kids always made things upbeat. I learned our younger generation needs lots of teaching and they need lots of one on one time. Management and the co-workers were nice and there were never any problems. The hardest part about the job is that you are always on your feet and have to be aware of everything. The most enjoyable part was working with the kids none stop.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Productive and educational work place who fosters on empowering families and sustaining postive change.
Sr. Multisystemic Therapist/FIT Coach (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYJune 13, 2012
Children's Village is an agency who values the safety and well-being of the families that it serve. Overall, the staff are great to work with and the agency provides alot of supervision and assistance to the therapists in an effort to provide the most effective services to those served. I feel that I have advanced in my knowledge of various therapeutic methodologies because of the oversight of my supervisor, consultant, co-workers and continued trainings/refreshers. One of the challenging parts to the job is balancing work and personal life. I am on-call every other weekend as well as after hours everyday; which makes it challenging at times to have down-time during the week. However, the least desirable part about the job is the pay. The salary is very low compared to many places; which has caused the agency to have a high turn-over rate. If I could change anything about the agency, it would definitely entail a great increase in pay for staff; especially those who are on-call often and go beyond their call of duty to assist families.
Pros
great learning environment and great staff
Cons
low salary
great entry level organization for recent BSW graduates
Transitional Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 14, 2014
Interesting community based service provider with a primary focus on youth housing and residential treatment. Great in-service training provided onsite including grand rounds and structural family therapy.
Pros
great place to start social work career
Cons
not applicable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Village. Our community is ready to answer.