Children of America Employee Reviews

Teachers Aide
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 6, 2017
As an aide to the teacher I am there to help implement the lesson plan that the teacher has created daily and weekly. I am there to ensure that the classroom is a safe and inviting environment where the children can have fun and learn.
Na
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trappe, PANovember 1, 2017
Great company with great managers. I worked as a part time employee while i was in college so i was paid hourly. Compensation for other full time employees was poor and they often worked longer hours than they were scheduled.
Run away! It’s a trap
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 28, 2017
This place is the absolute worse place I’ve ever worked. VERY unorganized, unprofessional, and there is no communication. Management is horrible and has way too much drama going on between them. They over work you for the pay. Never received any training on anything. Always having to wait around for hours to clock in because they say they don’t need anymore staff yet. There is absolutely no consistency, everything changes from day to day.
Pros
Nice people & location
Cons
Everything else & Gossip
Great place to work!!
Director (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAOctober 19, 2017
Children of America in Warrington is a great place to work!! The teachers truly care about the children and making them feel safe and secure. They provide a wonderful curriculum that helps create independent learners. The staff are friendly and are willing to go the extra mile.
this place is not fun to work at
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 12, 2017
they dont care about there teacher when you need help they cant seem to keep teachers. when they say they will give you a raise and they dont give you anything.
Cons
they give you 30 min breaks
very fun teamwork center
Infant/Toddler Room head teacher (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 11, 2017
I love working with children this was the best place for me the director was great if a child of mine was sick she would always help and they staff worked so well together I would recoment this job to anyone
Pros
benifits
Cons
long days
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Teacher04/2017 (Former Employee) –  Bull run Manassas, VAOctober 4, 2017
At children of America it is very fast paced, you always have to be quick, steady, clean, healthy and organized. When you come into work you need to show up on time or 30 minutes before your time just in case of emergencies if they need you or someone calling out for the day.
Cons
Hours weren't always accurate
It's a fun place to work
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 3, 2017
Overall it is a 5 out of 1 to 5 it is a fun place to work it is in your best interest to negotiate pay rate there is a lot of experience to acquire when you working with at Children of America
Pros
Is a great place to work and get experience
Cons
N/a
Lead Teacher/Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deacon Rd. Fredericksburg, VASeptember 26, 2017
Children of America was an okay job. I loved working with the kids, but the company did not do drug test, over worked the staff and didn't pay us what we were worth. They always made us take 2hour lunch breaks so we could not get 40 hours a week.
Overworked & Underpaid
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Clementon, NJSeptember 25, 2017
No work life balance, long hours, upper management does not give proper training and expects you to learn everything as you go. each center should have 3 members of management but they hire a director to do all 3 jobs and never give you the management team that is promised. upper management is not available to help when needed. they come to the center to "help" and do absolutely nothing but sit around and complain about staples left in the wall.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, upper management has no respect for center management
Very fun job with very little pressure
PRESCHOOL MENTOR TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Working with children is amazing, most of the staff are very passionate about what they do. The management could definitely use some work, and they are not very open to constructive criticism. Lots of fun events throughout the year within the company, and for the staff members as well.
Children of America Review
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at COA is really simple. It's the same routine everyday and things tend to run smoothly. The place is really clean and expects high professionalism from their employees. The management there do like to gossip and do have favorites.They lack on some areas but when they are getting pressured they like to add pressure on you.
Pros
benefits, able to call out
Cons
gossip
na
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stephens City, VASeptember 9, 2017
I was a pre school teacher so if you enjoy kids it would be a good place of work. You have to be able to deal with catty women though. It a center full of childish females
Top Heavy Company
Center Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 29, 2017
The corporate team at COA did not support management at the center level. Constant turn around at the corporate level, left for inconsistent expectations. Did not care about the children, it was all about the money your school brought in.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no breaks, little time off, unrealistic expectations, pay for management as well as teaching staff
Productive work place
Floater/Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at work is working with kids. I've learned that each child in the Children of America has different personalities and behaviors daily. The most challenging part of the job is getting every kids attention as a class and dealing with their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with the children during the day and seeing a smile on their faces.
Pros
enjoying the different personalities of children
A decent job
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 17, 2017
This is a cool job, pretty much what you expect working in a daycare. Management needs more work on organization but it is still a new center so it's not that bad.
Nice work environment
Department of Social Service Analyst/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 16, 2017
Citrix allows employees to work from home so you don't have to take days off, however, the company keeps a lot of people as contractors for years, I met people who have been contractors for over 5 years.
Very rewarding place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 13, 2017
I have been doing this type of work for a long time and the parents staff and children are wonderful. We care for the children like they are our own. We teach them and help them get ready for Elementary school. We see lots of firsts in the childrens lives and I love the connection we gain from the children.
fast pace
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 13, 2017
management at the location i worked at was amazing, but corporate wasnt the best. I worked long days and was under paid and not appreciated. I loved it at first but it slowly started changing, and although i loved the children and staff, corporate only cared about getting money
Ok place to work
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 25, 2017
This company was a company that was not good as far as compensation. Poorly managed and under paid teachers created a toxic work atmosphere. I would not personally recommend this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4