Children of America

Children of America Employer Reviews

N/A
Teacher (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at Children of America is in the mornings when the kids are still cranky for being up so early.
I've learned how to be patient.
Management was HORRIBLE.
My co-workers were okay i kept to myself.
The hardest part of the day is when the kids came back from school so hyper.
The most enjoyable part of the day is being around various of children with different personalities.
Great Place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), ColumbusJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great manager!
Cons: unstable
Work is scheduled and they do a good job of keeping you on your schedule and allowing you to attend college courses.The Manager was amazing and wonderful to work with!
WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK ...COA ROCKS!!!!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2015
I've been working at children of America( Downtown) for about 6 months i really enjoy working there..the staff, children, and parents are wonderful. i enjoy the curriculum because it gives children an opportunity to write everyday and the curriculum has open ended materials for age appropriate activities.The Management Team is wonderful Ms. Amy and Audrey are very open to suggestions, and they are both very respectful and they have great communication skills. what I enjoy most at COA is that i get to watch the children learn and grow, each child has their own unique personality and they are all great to be around. the down fall is the limited hours i would love to have more time to help the children accomplish more goals throughout the day. but overall COA is great and when i have children i plan to bring them here..COA ROCK!!!

I. J
I regret leaving my previous job
account manager/ operations analyst (Former Employee), delray beach, FLDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free breakfast. ocassionally, the company will buy lunch. these are the only perks
Cons: the pay is 46% less than average. the benefits are terrible, very expensive for a family; it is laughable. the work is overwhelming, having to complete someone elses work from 2013 on top of current work
This "corporate" environment is very unprofessional. There is a lot of gossiping and foul language on a daily basis. Prepare yourself to work through your lunch break, the work is very overwhelming and not worth the pay. Issues/concerns are brought up multiple times, but are not addressed in the proper - professional way. There is such a high turnover, the mangement need to look at themselves and their supervisory or managerial skills; I suggest training and semi-annual evaluations
interacting with kids and following curriculum
Teacher preschool I (Current Employee), Matawan, NJDecember 8, 2014
following routines/curriculum with children 2 years old to 4 years old,
doing art projects with them and interacting one on one with students during their worktime.
I learned how to communicate with parents and children.
I helped managment team out, I fill in from time to time when they need help in front. answering phones, call parents, keep count of how many children in each room on computer.
I alwyas got along with co-workers.
I enjoy teaching, making art projects with children , and socilizing with children, parents, and co workers.
good place
Lead Teacher/Assistant Director (Former Employee), North Aurora, ILDecember 5, 2014
It was a good place to work if you got to stay in your room and do your job specification
Worst environment I have ever worked in
Pre school teacher (Former Employee), NjOctober 22, 2014
Cons: all
Horrible management on all levels. This company only cares about making the most money possible even at the teachers and children's expense. As a preschool teacher I was constantly over the legal ratio and was basically told to deal with it. The state was called in to evaluate after parents had complained and I was asked by the director to cover things up and hide the ages of the children in my class so they would not notice I was over the legal ratio.
Constant Changes
Administrator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2014
Pros: they really care about the educational services they offer.
Cons: behind-the-scenes management is a disaster.
Children of America has an amazing educational program for the children and it is relatively easy for the teachers to implement. Unfortunately for the management team, the micromanagement from the home office causes constant miscommunication and backlash from the parents and staff. This creates a hostile environment and the management team is in a constant 'cleaning-up' effort instead of being able to focus on the education of the teachers and children.
Keeping children active and learning skills
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: singing and dancing classes
Cons: later hours for late pick ups
Provided learning projects for the children. I learned that children need interesting projects to keep them focused in learning. Management provided necessary tools, supplies, and backup for the teachers. Co-workers helped each other with ideas for child's learning projects. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some parents coming in late to pick up their child causing the teacher to stay later cleaning up before able to go home. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children's smiles every day.
Horrible
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Southampton, PASeptember 11, 2014
They do not care about their employees. There is a large turnover rate for teachers. They expect so much yet pay so little. Management gossips and treats their teachers badly and are extremely unprofessional.
Productive and fun working environment.
Teacher (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 20, 2014
Working for Assisted living facilities, are very rewarding. And fullfilling, it is a great feeling knowing that you made someone's day just by doing the simple things by talking with them or helping with everyday things, that most of us take for granted.
aweomse place
Teacher (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 21, 2014
The people are great and so welcoming. I learned how to be a good teacher but also a good learner. Management was awesome and so accepting. I had to quit due to my husband accepting a job out of state. They were really understanding and accepting of that. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the children. It was such a good environment to work in.
not worth the stress
Lead Teacher Infant Class (Current Employee), PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: love the children
Cons: unorganized
love the children

while the parents pay good money-management send staff home.
Safe environment for childcare
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJune 24, 2014
Working at Children of America is pleasant and fun. If you like spending time with children; playing, crafting, dancing, learning, or reading, Children of America is the place for you to grow professionally.
n/a
n/a' (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDJune 21, 2014
If you love teaching and can deal with an unstable work environment and staff, this place will work for you.
Productive and busy
Assistant Teacher, Discuss (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 10, 2014
A wonderful place to work even though your teaching and watching over children you end up learning a thing or two from the children.
go outside and not be stuck inside all day
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 7, 2014
Pros: get to see infants grow and make a bond with them
Cons: the pay when hoilday come around numbers are low and so teachers get sent home early
Come in at 5:30 and greet parents and their infants. Go over infants chart and see how their night was and when their next feeding is. Keep a head count of on all the infants coming in so I can get a teacher aide to assist if needed if I go over ratio. Make sure I'm keeping a eye on the teacher aide by making sure they are not giving the infants anything they are not suppose to have and following up with the charts. I also worked on their motor skills and followed a daily curriculum for that age, so when it is time to do a assessment test I can have that all ready for the parent to go over with so they know how their child is progressing
Nightmare
Parent (Former Employee), Lee Hills, Fredericksburgs22407May 22, 2014
The new management team (Director and her assistant) are horrible with the teachers, parents, and children. They talk down to teachers and parents! I would not recommend this day care facility (especially Lee Hills)! They only care about money and not the children beside they are very costly. The teacher are pressure to work lots of hours and not get paid overtime. They need to be reported to the Department of Labor!
Don't Care About children
childcare (Current Employee), PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: children are beautiful and well behaved
Cons: everything else
Director POOR
Only cares about herself. Yells at staff
No caring about childrens well being.
Management -- Is none only place I have ever worked where the click things is the only lesson in town
Great Place for Children
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, VAApril 1, 2014
Children of America is a childcare center that truly cares for the children.

1 2 3 4