Children of America Employee Reviews

Would not work under the same person
Teacher Assistant (Substitute) (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Overall, it was a fun place to start off working in a structured environment with children. I was a substitute so I had balance in my personal life and never had to take work home and I didn't qualify for benefits. The manager at the time I worked there wasn't the greatest and was rude and unprofessional. Right before I left the company management changed over.
No comments, no work life balance, no benefits
Lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 25, 2016
no future, no raise in 3 years, no good salary, not a good work environment at all, very cheap place, no motivation at all and no consideration for the staff
terrible
Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 21, 2016
this job was a dictatorship. never growth. you could not even call out to be sick. Its not a good place to work for anyone. You never got a raise, the bosses never acknowledged the work you did.
Management did not care about their employees they only cared about their self looking good standing out.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 9, 2016
Management when I was their was not caring. They did not have any benefits for their employees at the time. The co-workers got along most of the time but management . Pay wasn't good and I have a Associates degree in Early Childhood Education. I am going to leave it at that.
Cons
under pay
High Turnover
Toddler Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 5, 2016
- Company didn't have a care for families or employees
- Management was horrible
- Management didn't follow childcare licensing. Always out of teacher child ratio (especially toddler rooms)
- child records were all over
- changed your clock in time even when they ask you to clock in early or when you stay late to help close
- hardly let you go to the bathroom (I got a UTI working there)
- place unqualified teachers into classrooms
- People from corporate were cold and never greeted staff
- unsanitary classrooms

The 6 months that I worked there they hired three ladies after me and all three left within two-three months.
Pros
The children and coworkers
Cons
Poor management
The ugly truth
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 9, 2016
This company is the absolute worst, they simply do not care about their employee's at all. You don't get any benefits not even maternity leave. I've watched many people get mistreated especially the one's who were pregnant, old, or had any physical conditions period. They forget to give people breaks and take a long time to even relieve you for a bathroom break.This particular location i'm referring too was very unorganized, dirty, and not to mention on a provisions licensing for years. Their is a high turn over rate with the employee's as well as the director's. I would not recommend this company unless you like being under paid and over worked.
Pros
the children
Cons
no benefits bad management bad working conditions bad overall environnment
1 month and i was out
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 4, 2016
Management from the head office is not concerned about employees. Emphasis is on money. Every corporation is concerned with the bottom line which is natural but expectations of the staff are unreasonable compared to the compensation. Benefits are minimal. Employees are underpaid and undervalued. Teachers are paid very little for the vast amount of work they do. Onsite management is expected to clock out staff immediately as children leave and ratios drop. The time needed for cleaning the classrooms, putting up the required displays, doing lesson plans, assessments and portfolios often exceeds what can be completed during naptime and so is frequently done on the teachers own time, unpaid and this is actually expected by the company.

No respect for employees.
Good place to work and learn.
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 19, 2016
A typical day for me was to come in at 7:00,feed my school agers breakfast, then work on art projects for the hallways , continue to do roll and breakfast as kids were coming in throughout the morning, after that I drive the bus and take my group to school, come back do break in a classroom, then go on break until 2:00 ,go back pick up children , give this group snack , help them with homework , then I 3:00 i leave again to pick up the other children from school, leave at 4:00. I learned to be flexible , leadership and how to care for all the children and most of all to be patient ,loving and understanding. I love work with a great bunch of people ,really enjoyed my co workers
Pros
Children's had great healthy lunches, and lots of learning tools.
Cons
Company had benefits.
Ehhhhh
Assistant Director/ Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Corporate management could care less about students or parents, nor the quality of education these "teachers" provide. The people they hire to teach and educate your children aren't even respectful enough to greet you. It's all about the money. Paying 250 a week to bring your child to a glorified ratchet chuck e cheese is not a place you should put your child,
Pros
The children
Cons
Management doesnt give a hoot about the children
Overall an OK place
Floating Teacher/ Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Work days vary. Never guaranteed hours in childcare. Management is great! They are very uplifting but down to business as well. Co-workers are awesome. Could not have a better set of guys and girls. Room for advancement is few and far between. They do not like to give raises. You have to have a passion for children if you work in childcare. They are what makes your day!
To much branding
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 24, 2017
Very poor communication. Lower management was ok but they had a hard time getting supplies for the classrooms. The facility was to modern and cheerful.
Pros
free wifi
Cons
insurance was poor
Good Corpoarte Office
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 6, 2016
I worked at the corporate office, it was a good company. Sometimes free breakfast and lunches as rewards. Pay could have been better, management has a "Boys Club" so the way they promote is messed up.
Terrible about paying employees what is owed
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 2, 2016
I left this company due to a family issue. They claimed to mail my check over two weeks ago but i still have not gotten it. When i called them i was told they could stop the check and issue another one but they would take $30 out of my check to stop it AND their was a 48 hour wait to reissue the check. This is worst place i have ever had dealings with. Unless you dont want your money when you leave, do not work for them.
Productive, busy, fun workplace with lots of warm hearted children.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 6, 2016
Working in a daycare facility is way different in my opinion versus watching your siblings or cousins nieces, nephew's at your home. These warm hearted loving children are just as much your responsibility if you were watching your own and caring for them. While working as a assistant teacher I definitely enjoyed working in all the classrooms to get the experience with each and every age group, but I really enjoyed working and playing with the infants.
Worse company to work for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 5, 2015
DO NOT work for this company!! Worse mistake you could make. The corp office does not care about their employees. The pay is horrible, the minimal benefits they offer are horrible, they don't give raises or bonuses and their only concern is how much money they can pocket. The company is poorly run by individuals who have no idea what it's like to work/run a successful center. They don't promote based on experience or qualifications because that would mean they would have to pay the person well. They hire people based on how little they can pay them therefore they get low quality staff. The staff turnover in the center is like a revolving door. Corp and management talk up the center but when you actually work there you realize it was all lies you were told. There is no staff appreciation or recognition of doing well. Corp does not follow licensing rules and regulations. If breaking a regulation means more money then that's what they'll do. There are assistant teachers running classrooms, there are non 7D licensed drivers driving the vans and classrooms are out of ratio-and this is all ok to Corp.

Do yourself a favor, don't work for this company and don't ever send your child to school for this company.
Pros
You get to work with children
Cons
Read review
Productive and absolutely loved working with the kids.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYDecember 9, 2016
I took a lot of experience away from this job.I learned what it was like to be a assistant teacher in a real daycare setting.I felt like everyday was a new learning experience for me and the children.
Great workplace and amazing people to work with!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Trappe, PAFebruary 17, 2017
It has been awesome working for children of America! I have made amazing friends and the work environment is great! Everyone is very helpful and kind
Amazing company to work for
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 16, 2017
Working for Children of America was great. The team that was there was very helpful. You are trained to handle any situation that the kids throw at you.
Pros
Working Environment, Fun
Fun Place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILFebruary 3, 2017
COA is a very fun and easy going work place and great way to move up. The staff is amazing and the best. I made great friends and met a lot of great children.
Pros
Staff
Expect to be underappreciated
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
This company is a child care facility but lacks the actual caring for the children. The "higher ups" view the children as numbers, and the employees as little more than indentured servants. I loved the kids and working with them and really despised how they were treated as nothing more than numbers, and shuffled from classroom to classroom without any forethought as to how that may affect their days. Routine is very important to children, especially young children trying to figure out their days, and getting shifted from classroom to classroom without warning can seriously disrupt a child's day! There wasn't much required to being hired, so getting paid the same amount as some lazy co workers did not give much incentive to go above and beyond in this job. I truly loved the children and the families that I worked with, and they appreciated me as well, but the corporate atmosphere is not something that goes hand in hand with child care.
Pros
Getting to interact with cute and fun loving children
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no vacation days, no staff appreciation, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8