Children of America

Children of America Employer Reviews

Great Place for Children
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, VAApril 1, 2014
Children of America is a childcare center that truly cares for the children.
Productive and Fun place to work
PreSchool Teacher (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 28, 2014
Great company. Typical child care setting. Management is really flexible.
terrible
teacher (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2014
This company believe it or not is heartless and they are money hungry.
They don't care about the students
head teacher (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 19, 2014
Pros: sweet children
Cons: everything else
I have been with this company as a head teacher for over two years now and I am continuously trying to find another job. The only reason I havr stayed is because they work with my school hours as I attend university.

The director is awful! Licensing has been called multiple times by parents and employees because of overcrowding and teachers being incredibly – more... over ratio. Although the center is only equipped for a certain number of children, the director continues to enroll new students but does not have enough teachers. Ni overtime is given. Also, the center does not have the proper materials for special education students.... However the director has enrolled special needs students as well as students with known behavioral issues. Teachers feel I'll equipped to deal with these students but the director does not offer any help whatsoever and if anything she makes the situation worse.

Benefits are terrible as well and in almost three years of employment I have not gotten a raise.

It's obvious that the good reviews on here were written by corporate. And speaking of corporate, the child care expert running the company is actually a former MMM fighter who does not have child care credentials and who, rather than focus on this company, has also started a film and production company. If you Google his name you will also find sexual harassment charges against him from current children of america employees. – less
Driver cook cleaner order placeser
Bus Driver / Cook / Cleaner (Former Employee), Sicklerville, NJMarch 6, 2014
placing orders for school driving and cleaning building and cooking
Not a good invierment
Teacher and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), fredericksburg va 22407February 26, 2014
not attentive to children. would rather have social groups and socialize with each other then to do there jobs as teachers and management.
SLP assistant
Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), NJFebruary 4, 2014
Love working with children and also special needs services.
so-so
Day Care Teacher (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: working with kids
Cons: working with joyce
the job was a joy but the management is full of people who could care less.
A wonderful place to work.
Lead Teacher for School Aged Children (Former Employee), Stephens City, VAJanuary 14, 2014
I had the opportunity to expand my education in the field of Child Education while employed here. The staff is wonderful as well as being understanding a nd supportive.
Staff is fun
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 6, 2013
Staff is fun and easy to get along with but hours are cut routinely.
A fun and rewarding workplace
Management (Current Employee), Maineville, OHDecember 4, 2013
Pros: getting to see smiling loving faces everyday that love me :)
Cons: no benefits
During a typical day at work I assist in scheduling of employees, make sure employees are on task following Children Of America's curriculum, giving tours of our center, updating children and employee files, familiar with state rules and regulations, communicating verbally and orally with parents,discovering new marketing ideas. I am always learning – more... something new each day. Children of America is corporately owned company, so employees of Children of America Corporate building are always suggesting new curriculum to learn. I am a hard working as an individual and as a team player. The most enjoyable part of my day is making my students and parents happy and that is how I know I had a good day when everyone else around me is having a great day. The hardest part of my job is working on my feet for long periods of time. – less
Fun work place and work with great people
Preschool teacher (Current Employee), Yorkville ILNovember 26, 2013
I have been with this company sense 2010 and I love to work here!! We have great families and have had that chance to meet some great people. Management is one of the best that I have worked for, the are easy to work for and are super flexible.
Long days.
Co-Director (Former Employee), Freehold, NJNovember 19, 2013
Long hours with no reward. Many 12 hour days. unorganized staffing.
Money over Children!!!!!!!!!!!!!
teacher (Former Employee), Chestnut hillNovember 18, 2013
I worked briefly for this company. The interview was great but when it came to actually working I could see that the Company of COA only cared about ratio of children to staff and saving money - sending staff home so they don't have to pay them. Also, no benefits, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!
Nice place to work.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Nyack, NyNovember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: healthcare, pay
It was a nice place to work. Very flexible hours and fun loving kids.
awful
Teacher (Former Employee), Southamapton PANovember 1, 2013
worst company i have ever worked for. They hire people that are unqualified to run their childcare centers. Prisoners eat better food than the children in those centers. there are never any supplies that are needed and the stress level the teachers deal with is ridiculous
Not such a great place to work..
Teacher (Former Employee), Stephens City, VASeptember 18, 2013
Management needs to be upgraded. I loved working with the children, some coworkers were harder to work with, but thats as expected
Fun Job
Mentor Teacher (Current Employee), Trappe, PASeptember 17, 2013
I love my boss' and coworkers, the children are great to be around, and parents are always fun as well. The hardest part about the job is that you are not paid for the amount of work put in to be a truly successful teacher.
Terrible
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Warminster, PASeptember 15, 2013
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: working with management.
This was one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management has no respect for their employees and the corporate office is only in childcare for the money. They put way to many kids in each room and they only follow DPW standards during inspection time.
Management is very unprofessional and don't care about employees
Operation Analyst for childcare (headquarter) (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: maybe once or twice a year we get to leave early on fridays
Cons: short break only between certain hours, pay, benefits, a lot of work for little money
This place has the highest turn over I ever seen! Almost every week someone quit, management is not good to their employees which definitely makes you not want to work there or you get so overwhelmed for the little amount of pay (and benefits) that they offer that a lot of people just decides to walk out and never come back! Also there are a lot of – more... gossiping, not a professional place to work. – less

1 2 3