Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Inventory Control
Materials Technician II/Information Systems (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
• Pick and fill all orders from pick tickets accurately and efficiently.
• Deliver summited request forms sent by nursing staff. (equipment and product)
• Front Desk knowledge continuously answering staff concerns on all product and equipment.
• Check all received product and stock it into proper locations.
• Prep warehouse for next shift by restocking, organizing, and maintaining all aisle clean.
• Scan storage room locations for low or empty product in ICU, BMT, Clinics, and Cath Lab.
• Summit Batch orders for picking.
• Stock storage rooms up to PAR level issued by department.
• Work with management on PARs with items that need to be removed or added due to concerns with nursing staff.
• Print item labels for billing, PAR’s, and Warehouse.
• Use “People Soft” to issue supplies, confirm pick tickets, resolve locations errors, cycle counts, and Troubleshoot item quantity issues to keep accurate inventory.
• Work with staff to locate supplies and equipment not found or depleted from warehouse.
ITS GOOD. GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
THEY SAVE CHILDREN'S LIVES. SOME REALLY GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. ITS A BEAUTIFUL HOSPITAL. I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO EVERYBODY. ALLOWS EXPCEPTIONAL PEOPLE TO STANDOUT AND BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
No security, no stability
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Helping others
Cons: totally disorganized
I worked at CHLA for 6 months. It was the most stressful experience I've had in my career. So stressful that I actually went to the doctor and had a meltdown in the office. The management in the program I worked in is not supportive at all, this made being at work every day worse. The program was totally disorganized, waited until the last minute to complete projects and prepare for meetings. I was expected to work more than 40 hours a week- come in early and stay later than 5pm.

The actual program I worked in is a great program and offers FREE services to those who participate in the program. It is very helpful to families who participate. This is the best part: ACTUALLY HELPING PEOPLE!

I did not feel like I could trust anyone on the leadership team because everyone only cared about themselves, there was no real sense of a team. The rest of the team consisted of people who have known each other for a long time and were not friendly or welcoming to a new person.

I asked for blinds for the window in my office because the sun came through in the morning for 2-3 hours and literally blinded me while I was trying to work on the computer. In 6 months, I was not granted this request. I had to use my own ergonomic keyboard because they would not provide one. Also, it took about 3 months to get me a permanent set of keys to the building and my office. This place is so disorganized. Also, I was told to reschedule mandatory hospital trainings several times in order to attend work related functions, but attending these trainings was part of the requirement to pass probation.

When I was first offered the position, I was so proud to work for such a distinguished organization, and I am so disappointed in the work ethic and environment.
We really do treat kids better!!
RN II, Amb Infusion & Access Center (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Love working with kids
Cons: Always short staffed
I love where I work! However, I am moving forward with my Masters degree soon and my current position has no upward or promotional opportunities
Sterile Processing Technician, II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Helping children
Cons: Long commute
Great place to work. Great feeling knowing the job makes a difference in the lives of children. It was an excellently run department.
A typical day at work
senior technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good working environment.
Cons: non
Perform the harvesting of amniotic fluid cells and blood cultures;
G-banding of the chromosomal preparations;
Cell cultures;
FISH hybridization;
Sing out at 5:00pm.
Pharmacy phamily phun
Licensed/Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: challenging
Cons: various shifts/hours
As each shift provides it 's own set of challenges and rewards, working at CHLA has provided me with an excellent foundation for a strong career. Management is supportive and values hard work and dedication. Working at CHLA for the past 5 years has been a pleasure as it has allowed me to improve upon my current knowledge while learning new skills.
Great place to work at
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Working with children on a daily basis. Scheduling appointments for Dermatology. Securing Authorization for patients. Getting Prior Authorizations.
Busy, but fun environment
Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2014
I loved working at Children's Hospital. It is a fast pace environment where everyone works as a team.
Very learning environment
Clinic Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2014
We, as an intern, work with our supervisors, to examine and treat the children with chronic pain. The patients responded very well to the Japanese style of the acupuncture that works very well with the young patients.
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2014
• Coordinated the completion of grant goals and objectives outlined by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health for a community assistance program
• Created an action plan for the delivery of nutrition and physical activity education
• Led nutrition education classes for local clinics and health centers, organized food demonstrations, collaborated with local organizations to achieve grant objectives, and assisted in creation of media plan
• Participated in Department of Public Health trainings and events
• Served as the Spanish translator for all grant activities
• Maintained appropriate documentation and data collection
they may treat kids better..but they treat employees like garbage
operating room tech (Former Employee), main hospital los angelesOctober 4, 2014
Pros: its a check
Cons: slander, degration, hostile managment, lies and lies upon lies
Worst hospital by far to work for. If you are into gossip then this is the place to work. If you are in to being treated unfairly even degrated on a regular basis then work here! To work and get along here you must slander other employees!
Helping the hospital and seeing the children
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: seeing and talking with the children
Cons: sometime "on call" weekend work
Doing our daily work in computer support for all hospital employees.
Replacing hardware of many kinds that pertains to computers and printers.
Did some user training on computers and software.
Learned all kinds of solutions to network and computer issues.
Found defects in new supply of computers and had an "At a Boy" recognition.
Loved working with all the kiddos.
Intern (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 8, 2014
While working in the front office I would help patients check in and review the patient information, as well as go over their insurance policies. I would assist with answering the phones and trying to give the best information to the person on the line. During down time I would walk around the reception area to make sure everything was clean.
While working back office, I would call patients from the reception area and take their vitals before placing them in a room. Collecting patient information and inputting it into the computer program before informing the doctor that the patient was ready. When their appointment was complete I would schedule a follow up appointment, if needed, and go over the doctors instructions with the patient.
Good work environment
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2014
Everyone there is very nice and friendly. I was able to work both with patients and with researchers in order to collect information for clinical research.
Good place to work as long as you end up with a good supervisor
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2014
Many employees suffer a culture of favoritism; great hospital for children. Most management effective in their jobs, but some are terrible in supervisory roles.
fun
Medical Assistant II- Neurology (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2014
loved working with children loved the environment
my coworkers where awesome
Great and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles is a great workplace. It is a privilege to work with very dedicated scientists.
Top notch, excellent staff with compassion & care
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: excellent professionalism & sincere devotion & care
Everyday an incredible learning and fullfilling experience!
Tough site
Volunteer Radiologic Technology Student (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: large facility, opportunity to learn
Cons: hard to list "cons"
Children's Hospital of Los Angeles is a very large hospital. A tech can expect to perform portable x-rays through the entirety of the large facility.

1 2 3 4

About Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

About Childrens Hospital Los Angeles (www.ChildrensHospitalLA.org) Founded in 1901, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles has been treating – Read more

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Salaries