Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Nice working place for co-operation
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2017
Every real-life problem is sophisticated, and in the CIBORG lab, we could interact and co-operate with experts from various fields, to make our work more valuable for actually matter and help people.
Pros
Good people environment
Cons
Bad reimbursement
A connected and collegiate environment.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2017
Working at the Developmental Cognitive Neuroimaging Laboratory,I had the opportunity to learn and work with a wide array of brainscanning programs (fslview, Brainsuite, Trackvis, etc.) while gaining a larger idea of research. There is a log of room for individual ambition in starting new studies.
I love making patients and clients to be in a good clean atmosphere.
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
I enjoy working there most of my time. I love what I do. Pleasing the Patients/ customers in every aspect.Making sure every room was clean and tidy for the next day. I enjoy training and helping my employees.
Great place to work!
RN III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
Great people, good pay. State of the art technologies. All services under one roof! NICU amazing. Great nurses, doctors, Respiratory therapists, ancillary personnel!
This is where you can start your journey
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2017
When you work for Children's Hospital Of Los Angeles you do so for the families who go there and they are very worth it. I still consider the families I was able to serve there to be some of the most humble people I ever interacted with and considering what they are up against that is saying something.

Here are I learned some of the best skills and life lessons possible that helped shape the direction of my career and what I found to be my passion. I really do not think that my thirst or drive would have ignited better elsewhere and this place will put you through its' paces and you will know your mettle.

As for work culture, you really have to make the most of it how you choose too. Attitude and ingenuity are very key here.

The hardest part, and this is just my quirk, travelling to get here. You have the option of the Metro system or you can drive here. So 1) You will gain so many stories riding Metro and an appreciation for transportation or 2) Beware the 5 fwy on game day or special events.
Pros
Eclectic farmers market, the families, knowledge
Cons
Distance?, healthcare legislation
the working atmosphere is great and very cohesive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2017
I worked there through sodexo and really cared for the environment that would be created through the people and great communictaion. It is a hospital and as long as you are there to help everyone is cooperative
Chla
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2017
Small organization with opportunities in the areas of finance, management for non patient care staff. Great physicians and a good place to start and learn.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Intern in Social Media Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2017
I felt that every person made an impact on the lives of each child and their parents. The look on the patients' faces when they know that they have been touched by the workers is what makes this workplace the best. It is an overall rewarding place to work.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2017
The work was interesting, however the only issue was they are a non-for-profit and when budget issues arise they need to make staff reductions. The management was helpful when needed.

Culture was typical for a large office.

Hardest part of the job was job insecurity.

Most enjoyable was coming to work.
Pros
Nice enviorment
Cons
Location, they moved from LA to Glendale
Management is AWFUL!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Heme/oncApril 4, 2017
I worked at chla for years and saw it slowly decline in work ethics and management. Staff constantly complained about assignments. Management have favorites and if you're not one then expect unfair treatment. There is no loyalty. The HR department is not on the side of the employee and very deceiving. I found that I would start having panic attacks at the thought of going to work, only because management is unqualified and have no communication skills. The director is a terrible person. Work here if you don't mind being bullied.
Pros
Was a good learning experience but rapidly delined
Cons
MANAGEMENT is unqualified and bullies staff
Life at Children's Hospital
Administrative Assistant /Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2017
I have worked at CHLA for more than 10 years. I have grown to enjoy working with physicians and doctors in training. The best part of my job is being involved in teaching the residents (doctors in training) about doctor-patient communication and normal child development as a part of the Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics team.
Pros
working with and helping children
Cons
Middle management is untrained and not qualified for their positions, the new CEO is all about budget cuts and making $
Beautiful Hospital Facility for Children
Certified Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 30, 2017
Children's Hospital is a great hospital that take care of its pediatric patients well. However management selections can improve in various departments of the hospital and ambulatory clinics.

oi
Pros
Offers alot of employee assistance programs and has great benefits
Cons
Employee parking can improve
Loved volunteering there!
Child Life Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2017
Amazing friendly environment, treat employers, volunteers, patient and staff amazingly! I have been volunteering for one year and have felt like part of the family.
loved this hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2017
loved working for this hospital. DID NOT love working for my manager. a lot happened what was not okay and was swept under the rug. i would work for this company again but NOT for the department
Productive work place
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2017
A typicsl day at work is viewing and answering emails throughout the day, vitaling patients, making appoiuntments, scheduling appoinments, receiving pharmacy calls, taking messages for Doctors and emailing to the proper person
Great Work / Life balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The Hospital staff is hard working but still provides an environment for teams to flourish as well as have some personal time, when needed.
great hospital
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits are great. CHLA truly appricieates their employees. The job culture is great, I work with great people and doctor's. Work life balance is excellent
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2017
At CHLA, it is a very relaxing and joyful place to be at. Its filled with lots of colors and pictures of animals for childrens entertainment. It was great working with little kids and i would recommend people to volunteer at this hospital.
Staff not friendly,
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Not satisfied. Expected better management and recognition for job well done and work that is above and beyond what was expected
Pros
flexible
Cons
Poor management and communication
Changes Needed for Non-Exempt Workers
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Union needed to protect the rights of hard-working staffers. Managent does not value loyalty or years of service. Executives are over-paid and perpetuate a cut-throat, back-stabbing culture. There is no respect for staffers and employees are subjected to an environment of hierarchical insensitivity. High-stress environment. Human Resources utilizes tactics that are ruthless and immoral and they manipulate complaints with intimidation and ignorance of the truth. DO NOT TRUST anyone in their HR Dept. Leadership rules with an iron fist and maintains a tight reign on the Board of Trustees, only telling them bits and pieces in an effort to keep them in the dark for damage control. The Board of Trustees would be shocked and disgusted if they knew how hard-working staffers were being treated. It is a great children's hospital because of the dedicated doctors and nurses and their staffers who truly care about the children but executive leadership is horrible and only cares about the money. The culture is toxic and very stressful.
Pros
Great doctors, nurses.....medical staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3