Childrens Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

very nice Facility
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2016
some work days can be frustrating because of the management.The major issue is the amount of work in the job title with short timing which is a two man job.the most enjoyable part of the job is the events that they have for the children.
Pros
nice events
Cons
the management
productive
Linen Aide (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 7, 2016
come in clock in go get put the clean from each floor then after get the dirty fill up each individual that needed repeat all day
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough days a week
Great place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2016
Loved the work environment and the people. Challenging work and vibrant culture. Solid foundation and great people. Won't forget it.
Pros
Benefits and people
Great Workplaced
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2015
Prepared patient, sterilized and disinfected patients instruments, set up instrument trays, prepared materials, and assisted dentist during dental procedure. Took and recorded medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients. Provided post operated instructions prescribed by dentist
had a beautiful atmosphere pleasant surroundings
medical coder (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2015
i enjoyed employment here,hope to have another job with the same credentials in work environment luxuries, got along good with all bosses and co workers.
Pros
nice people to work with and beautiful surroundings
Cons
was on temporal assignment with this job and had regret leaving
Productive and organized facility
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 24, 2015
I really enjoyed being a part of a team of hardworking informative employer and employees. That sole objective is to facilitate proper and sufficient care to patients
Vision and mission is what we strive for each and everyday at Children's Hospital and providing quality health care.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 14, 2015
Great establishment to work for and I enjoy taking care of
my patients and interacting with the parents also.
Team work is very important. There is nothing that is hard about my job. I am an organized multitasked individual who has excellent
interpersonal skills.
Pros
Being recognized for a job well done.
Great Department
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHioAugust 17, 2015
Longevity is huge in our department. Most have been there over 10 years. Great Cafeteria. Number 3 in the nation for Children's Hospitals. Great Doctors and nurses.
Pros
Doctors, Nurses and Cafeteria
Cons
Middle Management needs degrees
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work. Nice people, good excersize doing errands.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Pros
Free Lunches
Helping Children
IV Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, PAApril 13, 2015
A typical day of work involved placing IVS and lab work on anyone who paged us, over 90 patients a day in a 12 hour shift. I learned a lot about making people feel comfortable when there kids were sick, or to make a child feel safe placing an IV. My co-workers were always very helpful. The most enjoyable part was seeing a kid get better and go home, knowing I played a role. The hardest part is seeing a child be so sick and watching the family so sad. I loved this job and the patients.
Pros
12 hour shifts/ 3 days a week/ great benefits
Cons
seeing very sick children
Busy
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 14, 2015
busy work place throughout the day and night...everyone gets attended to and taken care of...close to campus which is a plus as well as being close to fast food places...
Strong, fast paced company to work for
ARS (Current Employee) –  Emergency/Trauma DepartmentApril 17, 2015
Start my day by signing into my computer and checking patient load, look for any patients that need regitration and proceed to those rooms. We have a strong fun management team and a team of co workers to match. The hardest part of my job is seeing the sadness of being in the emergency/trauma center. The most enjoyable part is helping people.
I enjoyed this company.
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
In school setting Monday through Friday. Management was helpful and resourceful. Co-Workers were available and helpful. The hardest part of this job was I was working part-time as well and it became too much. That is the only reason I resigned. I loved working with the children.
Good Place To Work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 26, 2014
Working at childrens hospital i have learned a lot about doctors and about what all different offices and doctors we have also learn hospital emergency codes and learnig how to work a swtichboard and things like that i love working a childrens hosptal the most enjoyable part is the kids you kind of get a bond with them from calling parents and things the hardest part of the job is the emergency codes and knowing how to keep calm and to never lose your cool when the emergency phone goes off
Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  Madera CaJanuary 18, 2014
This can be a very nice place to work if your into playing politics. The staff is very cliquey . But all in all my experience and time there was really amazing and beneficial. The management is pretty flexable and understanding about time needed off and the Doctors I worked with were more then willing to help educate the staff and also help families have a good understanding of what was going on.
Pros
professional environment, paid time off
Cons
double standards between general staff and professional staff
This Group really works well as a team and has common goals and focus.
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2013
Busy kitchen with plenty going on. We are allowed to be creative and show our personalities. Co -workers are supportive and helpful and the management is easy to work with and open to innovation and new ideas. The hardest part of the job is keeping pace with the busy environment but that is also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
the common respect for individuality and the courtesy of fellow team members..
Cons
ugly uniforms.
my work was very promising it gave me a better atittude .fo those in need
Nursing Assistant Certified, ,, (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2013
fast pace, , i learn that all pt have defferent opinions about the way they would like thier service management mostley takin care of complanits and overseeing the floor,the heardest part of the job is knowing that that pt cant be helped after i have don e all that i could to help, puting a smile on that pt face when i come in the room or leave and i know that i have done somthing, that has made some one happy,
Pros
non
Cons
breaks
Fulfilling, exciting, encouraging”
Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2012
Children’s Hospital is a very uplifting place to work. My job was to check in and register patients. I enjoyed every day working there because I love seeing all of the advancements and opportunities offered to children. I love seeing the faces of parents once there child has been treated. All of the staff at children’s hospital is the most courteous and understanding people I have ever met. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure each child that enters the hospital feel relaxed and at home.
I enjoyed working At Children's Hospital more then any other job I've had.
Mail Courier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2013
A typical day for me was serving meals to patients and non-patients and daily cleaning. I learned that it takes a lot to work in the kitchen but its worth it. Management was very helpful. Together my co-workers and I showed true team work. No hard part about this job. The most enjoyable part about this job was I stayed very busy, I entered Children's Hospital knowing only a small handful of people and before I knew it I knew people from almost all over the hospital. Also enjoyed the employee benefits, I felt security and stability.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2012
Childrens Hospital has been my employer for the last past 10 years. The management was great and so were my co workers. I have nothing to complain about with this company. I'm sad to leave but there was just no way that I could continue working the long hours all night. There was no opportunity for me to transfer departments, so I decided to reluctantly leave my position. I loved interacting with the different families of the NICU.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
healthcare

4.4