Childrens Hospital Employee Reviews

Volunteer (Current Employee), Akron, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Nothing
Great place to work. Nice people, good excersize doing errands.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Vision and mission is what we strive for each and everyday at Children's Hospital and providing quality health care.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Being recognized for a job well done.
Cons: None
Great establishment to work for and I enjoy taking care of
my patients and interacting with the parents also.
Team work is very important. There is nothing that is hard about my job. I am an organized multitasked individual who has excellent
interpersonal skills.
I enjoyed this company.
School Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
In school setting Monday through Friday. Management was helpful and resourceful. Co-Workers were available and helpful. The hardest part of this job was I was working part-time as well and it became too much. That is the only reason I resigned. I loved working with the children.
Strong, fast paced company to work for
ARS (Current Employee), Emergency/Trauma DepartmentApril 17, 2015
Start my day by signing into my computer and checking patient load, look for any patients that need regitration and proceed to those rooms. We have a strong fun management team and a team of co workers to match. The hardest part of my job is seeing the sadness of being in the emergency/trauma center. The most enjoyable part is helping people.
Helping Children
IV Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: 12 hour shifts/ 3 days a week/ great benefits
Cons: seeing very sick children
A typical day of work involved placing IVS and lab work on anyone who paged us, over 90 patients a day in a 12 hour shift. I learned a lot about making people feel comfortable when there kids were sick, or to make a child feel safe placing an IV. My co-workers were always very helpful. The most enjoyable part was seeing a kid get better and go home, knowing I played a role. The hardest part is seeing a child be so sick and watching the family so sad. I loved this job and the patients.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 23, 2015
I enjoy being around children so working here was so much fun cause that's who I was always around. Everyone I worked with was super nice and friendly.
it was very great working with these company
housekeeping (Former Employee), Madera, CAJanuary 14, 2015
It was very good working them and working the all the co-workers
it was very hard work and i learned that if i dont have any experience that i can still can do it
Good Place To Work
Operator (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 26, 2014
Working at childrens hospital i have learned a lot about doctors and about what all different offices and doctors we have also learn hospital emergency codes and learnig how to work a swtichboard and things like that i love working a childrens hosptal the most enjoyable part is the kids you kind of get a bond with them from calling parents and things the hardest part of the job is the emergency codes and knowing how to keep calm and to never lose your cool when the emergency phone goes off
fast paced pediatric clinic
Ambulatory Representative II, Pulmonary (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: no cons
entering billing, scheduling answering phones, providng customer service
Unfair Management in the service departments.
afraid to tell (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: nice place to work unless you get a bad manager
Need to take a look at your mid service management. Certain ones intimidate the staff, in fact, the staff is afraid to speak up for fear they will get fired.
Unit Aide (Former Employee), Madera CaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: professional environment, paid time off
Cons: double standards between general staff and professional staff
This can be a very nice place to work if your into playing politics. The staff is very cliquey . But all in all my experience and time there was really amazing and beneficial. The management is pretty flexable and understanding about time needed off and the Doctors I worked with were more then willing to help educate the staff and also help families have a good understanding of what was going on.
very busy
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Oakland, CANovember 16, 2013
Pros: very friendly people
Cons: on call no benefits
excellent place to work. seeing sick kids can be a bit challenging for a dad.
This Group really works well as a team and has common goals and focus.
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2013
Pros: the common respect for individuality and the courtesy of fellow team members..
Cons: ugly uniforms.
Busy kitchen with plenty going on. We are allowed to be creative and show our personalities. Co -workers are supportive and helpful and the management is easy to work with and open to innovation and new ideas. The hardest part of the job is keeping pace with the busy environment but that is also the most enjoyable part.
great job
Ability to lead (Former Employee), denver, coOctober 20, 2013
I learned how to lead an multitask working with others that don't work in the job setting that I do. how to respond to different job settings. work at a high rate of speed but still get the job done.
Great company!
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 4, 2013
Pros: discounts to dollywood/ splash country, cellphones, gyms, local attractions. free tickets to the fantasy of trees.
Cons: cafeteria menu needs improvement and more options on nights and weekends
Childrens Hospital has been my second home for 8 years. The staff is incredible, the patients and familys are all greatful. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for!
Great patient care that is in jeopardy of falling pray to increasing regulation and loss of physician autonomy
Attending Child Neurologist (Current Employee), Salem, MAJuly 8, 2013
BCH represents a wondeful idea that has become marred by the pressures to protect against litigation and to succumb to regulation. The failure to realize that the institution must focus as much on its clinicians as on its patient's reprsents a neglect that will end up harming both.
ENJOYED FLOOR CARE+
HOUSKEEPING (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
Pros: days went by fast
Cons: dead lines were often
ASSIST PAITENTS ,PARENTS AND NURSES, ALL EMPLOYEES
VERY NICE, MANAGMENT WAS FAIR
I enjoyed working At Children's Hospital more then any other job I've had.
Mail Courier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2013
A typical day for me was serving meals to patients and non-patients and daily cleaning. I learned that it takes a lot to work in the kitchen but its worth it. Management was very helpful. Together my co-workers and I showed true team work. No hard part about this job. The most enjoyable part about this job was I stayed very busy, I entered Children's Hospital knowing only a small handful of people and before I knew it I knew people from almost all over the hospital. Also enjoyed the employee benefits, I felt security and stability.
my work was very promising it gave me a better atittude .fo those in need
Nursing Assistant Certified, ,, (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: breaks
fast pace, , i learn that all pt have defferent opinions about the way they would like thier service management mostley takin care of complanits and overseeing the floor,the heardest part of the job is knowing that that pt cant be helped after i have don e all that i could to help, puting a smile on that pt face when i come in the room or leave and i know that i have done somthing, that has made some one happy,
Productive fast pace workplace
Project Tech (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2013
A typical day at The Children's Hospital was a quick fast day. I would clock into work go to my working location and get the job done. I been there for 4 years so you can already figure out I learned bunch. I was 20 when I started so I was kind of bit immature. I was playful very talkative and just didn't take work quite serious. as I transformed into an adult I learned that there's a time and place for everything. Co-workers adore my personality and I found my co workers very interesting the days I was off they claim there work days would last forever. The hardest part of my job had to be the faces i seen come and go. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the kids and their families. Overall GREAT place to work