Childrens National Medial Center

Childrens National Medial Center United States Employee Reviews

Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 7, 2015
Pros: colleagues, immediate supervisors
Cons: shuttle service, caefteria
Typical day is very straight forward. You need to get involved/engaged in a lot or you won't know what's going on really. There are some barriers when it comes to getting things done timely but typical for most large organizations.
Very nice place to work
IT, Service Desk Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 7, 2015
Management is very supportive and appreciative. Telecommuting depending on your job description. Good work life balance.
Quiet and perfect place to start hospital experience
Pediatric Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 1, 2015
A wonderful small hospital where if you want to gain good experience without high intense pressure this is the hospital to go to.
Productive and fun work place
Registered Nurse- Intern (Former Employee), dcMarch 31, 2015
Pediatric nurse, gaining the essential skills to work in the nursing profession. Began as a new grad from nursing school. Hardest part of the job was being was seeing sick children.
n/a
Child Psychiatric Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, D.C.March 28, 2015
Implemented nursing care of patients ages 4 to 17 in the child and adolescent psychiatric units. Facilitated the admission and discharge process. Worked with patients with mental and emotional disorders. Created and facilitated activities and therapeutic groups through the use of the cognitive-behavioral approach. Fostered a safe environment through techniques such as encouragement of positive coping skills, appropriate social interactions and relapse prevention as well as verbal de-escalation and collaborative problem solving. Documented patients’ progress.
Great workplace!!!!
Patient Specialist (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMarch 19, 2015
Pros: productive workplace.
Cons: no cons.
A typical work day doing referrals. Management was wonderful,and very helpful. The co-workers was great team players,and answered all of my questions. It was never a hard day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the referrals.
Productive and Driven
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: yearly increases not given yearly
Everyone is focused on our organizational goal. This is incorporated into each Department's goal. Transitioning into other departments are difficult, however opportunities arise often.
Great place to Work
Special Police Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2015
There is no better feeling than protecting our future by keeping our children safe the hardest part of the job was seeing a child beaten or molested especially by the adults that are supposed to protect them.
Employer of Choice
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2015
Serving children makes it all worth it. It provides a sense of accomplishment and well being. This organization also believe in promoting within.
Stressful
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: relationships with the eas were spectacular and rewarding.
Cons: not metro accessible although shuttles are provided to and from.
My first five years in the company were an incredible learning experience, pleasant environment, made good close friends. The last two years were wretched. Toxic environment.
Nice place to work
Associate Buyer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2015
Love my manager, nice kind and helpful employees. I love team work in a company and I have to say that is something we do well
Friendly Atmosphere
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: attend conferences
Cons: working with staff that is in union makes it difficult for management
Making assignments, correcting competencies, arranging educational inservice and learning, meetings, interviews, working as charge nurse in the OR.
Learn everyday something new in the OR, while teaching, and how to work with different personalities, solving problems. This role helped me explore my possibilities and the extent I can manage and use my critical thinking skills.
Management very supportive
Co workers - very cooperative and helpful
Staffing the OR rooms on a day when the OR is short staffed
Teaching and managing the OR as an instructor and Charge nurse
Great place for kids
Clinical Operations (Former Employee), Annandale, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: - excellent learning opportunity
Cons: nothing really
I enjoyed working there. This was a great experience, and it was nice to see kids of various ages with various issues/problems. The hardest part of the job was seeing the little kids that had cancer and all I wanted to do was cry with the parents, but had to be professional.
Good Place overall to work at
Union Representative (Unpaid) (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2015
good place to work at overall just watch out what departments you apply for.
Enjoyed seeing patients and talking to them to help their day seem brighter
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: working for children's hospital, one of the most renouned names is a pro in itself
Cons: the pressure of knowing that one mistake could be fatal.
This was a Cancer and blood disorder clinic which meant that it came with a lot of pressure to ensure that all medical records were accurately put together and filed. I learned the whole realm of medical records and the importance of making sure that the files were correctly put together. I enjoyed working with most all of the nurses and front desk staff, we all were able to come together and create laughter for all the patients. Knowing that some of the patients weren't going to survive was by far the most difficult part of the job and trying not to get too attached to the patient for that reason. The most rewarding part of the job was knowing that I helped have a part in betterment of the patients lives.
CNMC is a great place to work
Manager, Data Management (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
CNMC works to do the best care and research for kids of the DC area.
Dedicated and dynamic team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 21, 2014
I was very fortunate to work group of dedicated professionals who understood the importance of team cohesion and mutual support. Pediatric health comes with a number of its own unique challenges that only by working together and supporting one another were we able to succeed.

A typical day started with preparing the schedule of all the physicians and medical professionals whom the administrative team supported. Coordinating the daily, weekly, monthly and fiscal year projects in accordance with the requested deadlines.

Management team was supportive and accountable.

The hardest part of the job was keeping perspective on the big picture when a child's health and a family's well-being was involved. Juggling all the many task and needs of the staff I was supporting. The most enjoyable part was knowing you were part of a team dedicated to sending children home healthier and happier. And the fun and friendly work environment created by genuine appreciation from your coworkers.
Best pharmacy training, great people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 10, 2014
I miss the people that I worked with and I learned how to mix IV's.
A great experience.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work, flexible hours. The company also allows telecommuting. Co-workers and managers are fun to work with. Never a dull a moment.
fun workplace
health advovate (Former Employee), washington dcSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: raising awareness, communicating with people
Cons: there werent any cond
We would come in and discuss STDs and problems that existed in our local communities. we would also hand out condoms in the community and raise awareness to people by using statistics and telling them information on the importance of getting tested.

1 2 3 4 5