Childrens National Medial Center Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Pace Work Environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20011May 31, 2016
Worked in a hospital setting. I was responsible for meeting deadlines with submission of requisitions and capital equipment requests. I learned all aspect of payroll differentials, policy and procedures and participated with hospital inspection walk through.
Pros
Dependable Work Environment.
Cons
Had to work weekends.
Great people work at Children's
Social Worker, PRN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2016
I work PRN, so my experience is different than many. Some coworkers would like better work\life balance.
Pros
professional and caring team
A caring and compassionate place to work
Transparency Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 4, 2015
Children's offers a wide diversity working with all man kind. It was real pleasure working with all cultures. The climate of Children's has changed since I started working there, however the level of excellence regarding the healthcare provided is always at the for front. Best of Wishes to Children's always...
Pros
Excellent medical facility
Cons
Extremely hard to conve new strategies to upper management
Amazing
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2016
This is an amazing job with amazing people!
Education is a very important to all. All interested in a this field do apply.
Don't get sold by the name
Patient Access Rep I (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2016
I was very honored to at CNM because of it fine work and reputation, however the dream faded fast with lack of manager/supervisory support on a daily basis.
a fun and a great leaning place to work
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a patient go home with a smile on their faces from the good/great experience they had with the staff while in the hospital.
Pros
Gareat benefits
Cons
you have to be a social person if not this job may not be for you
Very fun and relaxed workplace
Inventory Control Coordinator- School Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2015
Excellent place to work. Management respects everyone and treats everybody fair. Great benefits. Overall a very fun and relaxed workplace.
OK place to work
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  washington, dcOctober 18, 2015
The work here is not that had.Cleaning up behind people is never fun but some of the workers there makes it a little more easy to do it.
Pros
Meeting new people and helping children
Cons
Rude workers
Very good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work, people are very friendly. Only suggestion please do not eat in the cafe. Food is good but very expensive and the employee discount is very little.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too Expensive
Exciting place to work
Senior Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 8, 2015
Children's National Health Systems has high standards and stays true to their goals and missions set. Always evolving keeping employees on their toes and on top of their game!
Great place to work and learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2015
The Children's National Medical Center is a great place to learn new techniques needed for future work with pediatric patients. The staff is very informative and supportive.
Childrens National Medical Center
Clinical Supervising Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 1, 2015
Worked as a staff nurse into a great leadership position. Very dynamic and busy Level 1 trauma center . I was in charge of 119 Fte. Loved working there . A great experience.
great place to work
Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington D.COctober 12, 2015
CNMC was a great place to work. The physicians respected your opinions regarding patients. If I lived closer I would have stayed.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes not a lunch break
Extremely friendly work culture
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2015
A great place that is a friendly environment. Compensation isn't too competitive, but it is good. Offers transportation to the hospital from Metro stops.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee benefits and incentive.
Patient Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJuly 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentives for working very hard. Unfortunately I moved from the location of the job so the commute was very difficult.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch and free parking
Cons
poor management
rewarding place to work my professional talents
Assistant Director, Food and Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMay 18, 2015
My days were very busy with cafeteria, patient meals and catering responsibilities. I learned to be quick on my feet and respond at a moments notice. I so enjoyed my customer in the cafeteria and catering clients. The children had to be the best part of the day, all that they had to overcome with their health issues to put a smile on one of those faces was completely rewarding. The hardest part of the job was the employee call out rate.
Pros
Large facility
Cons
no parking on site
I loved working at CNMC, I left because I wanted to be closer to my children in NM
Chief of Hearing and Speech, (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Children's National Medical Center was a most rewarding and exciting job opportunity. I was able to see patients directly as well as develop and manage programs. I was the Chief of Hearing and Speech from 2001 - 2014. This meant I was responsible for a department that included audiologists, speech-language pathologists, administrative staff.

We saw children in the neonatology unit all the way through age 21. We provided every scope of practice.

I also continued to teach special coursework in augmentative and alternative communication at GWU and Howard University as well as provide in-service training for new physicians and trainees in the hospital.
Pros
Amazing learning atmosphere, cultural diversity and educational opportunities
Cons
Pace of work was intense and political demands on healthcare make every area complicated.
Seeing one smile
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 2, 2015
I enjoy working with patients, pediatrics or adults. My passion is to help people. There is nothing more gratifying than to see someone enter the facility not feeling their best and to see them exit with a smile on their face. The main reason why I chose this profession.
Great job working with children
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 15, 2015
Pleasant environment and the joy of working with children of all ages. Wonderful job relationship with doctors. One of the hardest part of this job is seeing sick children.
n/a
Child Psychiatric Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.C.March 28, 2015
Implemented nursing care of patients ages 4 to 17 in the child and adolescent psychiatric units. Facilitated the admission and discharge process. Worked with patients with mental and emotional disorders. Created and facilitated activities and therapeutic groups through the use of the cognitive-behavioral approach. Fostered a safe environment through techniques such as encouragement of positive coping skills, appropriate social interactions and relapse prevention as well as verbal de-escalation and collaborative problem solving. Documented patients’ progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childrens National Medial Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2