Childrens National Medial Center Employee Reviews

Brief but educational
Team Leader, Operations (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 19, 2017
Worked in supervisory role. Had a great team. The commute was long for me but I didn't mind because it was a great working environment. The management was ok but that was the group I had to work with.
childrens work day
Sr. Clinical Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2017
I work 12 hours per day because we are on mandatory overtime, The employee are great . the hours are stressful. I do not feel as though the work completed by the employee is always appreciated.
Enjoyed being around the children.
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2017
Meeting the different children that would come through the hospital, with a smile on their face even if they already know what their outcome is. I will miss the smiles.
Cheerful place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2017
Culture was ripe to institute and make changes within your department. Staff were on board and ready for good leadership. Often times people tend to try shortcuts to achieve their job.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere
Cons
Shuttle Bus into work after arriving at your parking assignment
great
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2017
great place to work and great staff
Clean environment and up to date with rules and regulations
follow rules and educates staff
great with communication
Great learning environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 2, 2017
Nurse /patio ratio is greatly balanced. The culture of doctor nurse relationships are good, and the hardest part of the job is dealing with lack of support from management.
Pros
you get a bonus for receiving degrees
Cons
Big turn over rate of staff on some units
Outstanding Hospital
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2017
The company was very invested in employees and this investment paid off in the employees' commitment to the customers. For a large healthcare organization, they still had time for personal contact.
fun place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 29, 2017
Everyone was friendly if you needed help they always willing to help you. I could have worked there forever but it was a short term assignment the people I worked with was all team players.
Pros
Free lunch etc.
Cons
short breaks
interesting environment
Clinic Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed my job. Working with different people and learning new things. The work environment was always suttle and entertaining. The hardest part was scheduling appointments with the schedules opening a week out.
Pros
the different incentives
Cons
the schedules
Productive and fun
Registrar/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 24, 2017
Children national medical center is a good place to work it was nice meeting all the families that came thru excellent place to grow in excellent part of city parking is horrible
Review
Team Leader CP&A Business Office (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
Clinic Coordinator will provide leadership to ensure team productivity, quality assurance, training and team building. Coordinate the activities of the assigned units. Perform daily and monthly responsibilities in cash receipts and transactions, charge entry, customer service and insurance follow up. The start of clinic, I verified staff completed there preparation, checked working equipment and reported any concerns to the help desk. Communicating with patients,families,staff and physicians and a daily day so that clinic flow function smoothly. The hardest job is the patients and families. When arriving at Children's National to see a physician. Patients are nervous and parents do not know what to expect. My goal is to make there visit a positive,friendly, safe environment. I enjoyed working at a organization that allowed me to grow, learn, and understand the importance of making the experience at Children;s National a wonderful hospital to bring your child. There are some issues with the organization. Management needs continuous work communicating with all Staff and Physicians.
Pros
flexible time, great benefits, training
Cons
unclear on policy and prodecures
Good place to work , benefits are wonderful . Mangement could be better.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 14, 2017
Good place to work , benefits are wonderful . Management could be better though . It's good to stay to yourself ! Mangers show favoritism and only go by seniority .
Do Not Work Here
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 10, 2017
Children's Pediatricians Associates (CP & A) can be a great place to work if you can work with Rude Staff and Fruad/Wicket Operation Manger of Greenbelt and Laurel MD, offices. The Physicians some was great. This is a very busy office the volume of patients per day is HIGH. The hardest part is seeing families go through hardship in sickness but, the greatest part when parents Thank you personal for caring about there child/ren.
Pros
Cons
No growth In Postions and salary
Flexibility of work schedule
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 3, 2017
The earliest you can come to work is 6am and he latest is 9am and you work your 8 hours from the time you enter. All your work is on your computer (workstation) and we all communicate via Outlook. Work day is actually relaxing as long as you make your production.
Difficult Organization to Work for
IT Liasion (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2017
A typical day ay work tends to be hectic. There is not a lot of accountability and there is no clear leadership. There are plenty of opportunuties to learn more.
Great company to work for!
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2017
Working with people and helping people throughout the day is something I really enjoy doing. Working at Children's gave me the opportunity to work with some amazing people as well work with some stong amazing kids.
Great Place To Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2017
I started at Children's shortly after I moved to the D.C. area. I found that it was a great work environment. The health initiatives for employees are good, the benefits are great, and the work culture is awesome. I would definitely recommend giving this place a shot!
great place to work if you love children
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 17, 2017
The Hospital is a great place to work,however I cannot say the same for the CP&A sites, which is under the umbrella of CNMC.
I've learned how to be more sympathetic to others,How to deal with difficult conversations, The hardest part of the job is not being able to do more to help the parents with special needs kids,Workplace culture is very diverse, but that's is changing.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you put a smile on someone face.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Try to work at the main hospital, And not at the cp&a sites
Wonderful place for children.
Assists the physician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20010May 12, 2017
Children's hospital has allowed me me to expand my experience in patient care. It has allowed me to see the childrens side of hospital care. Sometime hard yet rewarding. The advancement for growth is yet a little difficult in this particular field. I would recommend children's a a great place for service.
good place to work
STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 2, 2017
It was a pleasure working at Children's, a new VP came on board and she changed the atmosphere. Great team to work with, a little tension in the office but the team love what they do and the children that come there