Childrens National Medial Center

Childrens National Medial Center Employer Reviews

Friendly Atmosphere
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: attend conferences
Cons: working with staff that is in union makes it difficult for management
Making assignments, correcting competencies, arranging educational inservice and learning, meetings, interviews, working as charge nurse in the OR.
Learn everyday something new in the OR, while teaching, and how to work with different personalities, solving problems. This role helped me explore my possibilities and the extent I can manage and use my critical thinking skills.
Management very supportive
Co workers - very cooperative and helpful
Staffing the OR rooms on a day when the OR is short staffed
Teaching and managing the OR as an instructor and Charge nurse
Good Place overall to work at
Union Representative (Unpaid) (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2015
good place to work at overall just watch out what departments you apply for.
Enjoyed seeing patients and talking to them to help their day seem brighter
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: working for children's hospital, one of the most renouned names is a pro in itself
Cons: the pressure of knowing that one mistake could be fatal.
This was a Cancer and blood disorder clinic which meant that it came with a lot of pressure to ensure that all medical records were accurately put together and filed. I learned the whole realm of medical records and the importance of making sure that the files were correctly put together. I enjoyed working with most all of the nurses and front desk staff, we all were able to come together and create laughter for all the patients. Knowing that some of the patients weren't going to survive was by far the most difficult part of the job and trying not to get too attached to the patient for that reason. The most rewarding part of the job was knowing that I helped have a part in betterment of the patients lives.
CNMC is a great place to work
Manager, Data Management (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
CNMC works to do the best care and research for kids of the DC area.
Dedicated and dynamic team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 21, 2014
I was very fortunate to work group of dedicated professionals who understood the importance of team cohesion and mutual support. Pediatric health comes with a number of its own unique challenges that only by working together and supporting one another were we able to succeed.

A typical day started with preparing the schedule of all the physicians and medical professionals whom the administrative team supported. Coordinating the daily, weekly, monthly and fiscal year projects in accordance with the requested deadlines.

Management team was supportive and accountable.

The hardest part of the job was keeping perspective on the big picture when a child's health and a family's well-being was involved. Juggling all the many task and needs of the staff I was supporting. The most enjoyable part was knowing you were part of a team dedicated to sending children home healthier and happier. And the fun and friendly work environment created by genuine appreciation from your coworkers.
Best pharmacy training, great people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 10, 2014
I miss the people that I worked with and I learned how to mix IV's.
A great experience.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work, flexible hours. The company also allows telecommuting. Co-workers and managers are fun to work with. Never a dull a moment.
fun workplace
health advovate (Former Employee), washington dcSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: raising awareness, communicating with people
Cons: there werent any cond
We would come in and discuss STDs and problems that existed in our local communities. we would also hand out condoms in the community and raise awareness to people by using statistics and telling them information on the importance of getting tested.
Love work here
Lead Pyxis Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington DCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: the downtime
Cons: parking
over the last few years I have came a might long way. Children's has been nothing but great and I love there
working in this hospital showed me how to be a part of a team.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: sales representatives would give out free pens, pads, and lunch which kept alot of us from leaving the pharmacy for breaks.
Cons: it's hard to see children sick.
Childrens National Center was my first hospital pharmacy job, so I learned a lot about close patient care. A typical day included making bulk IV solutions and syringes, calibrating the Baxa pump for TPN's, drawing oral syringes, and filling med carts. I was also responsible for patient transfer and discharges before delivering medications cart at the end of my day. We rotated between oral and intravenous cart fills daily and that required working with different people. I caught on quickly, worked well with my co-workers, and after a couple of months I was training new employees. The hardest part of the job was learning the generic names for trade name drugs. The management team was great. They had daily meetings so we could discuss our concerns, they gave everyone a fair chance at working in different areas, and they also had an open door policy so you could speak to them anytime. It was exciting for me to be able to work with children, and I enjoyed being a part of a team that helped children get better.
I HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SKILLS
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, MIAugust 27, 2014
CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE CHILDREN AND GIVING GOOD PATIENT CARE GIVING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE TO ALL FAMILY, STAFF, AND PATIENTS,
Children's Hospital
Patient (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2014
Good place to work and change the lives of children and families
Mundane Mondays
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay, people, learning opportunities
Cons: monotonous tasks
Children's National Medical Center is one of the best pediatric hospitals in the nation. I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to work at this institution. However, life as a hospitality associate can get monotonous. The work is challenging at first because there is a copious amount of work to be done, but once you get the hang of serving food, stocking the nourishment rooms, and doing whatever else needs to be done to ensure a smooth service, there really isn't that much work to stimulate one's mind. The people are very nice to work with thankfully and I have gained more insight into clinical dietetics and I am glad I have had this experience.
A very productive work environment that everyday brough about a new learning experience
Senior Medical & Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work was receiving my repair tickets and achieving to make sure they were all completed in a timely manner. I worked pretty much independently; which taught me how to be more of a leader. This eventually help me to become more of the go to guy when things could not be accomplished. There were no hard parts about my job because I enjoyed doing what I did.
Wonderful hospital setting, great team work, amazing families and kids!
Hem/Oncology Clinical Operations Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 8, 2014
Loved working for Children's Hospital. Hem/Onc department was very close where I was able to see the same families a lot and establish great relationships.
Very Good Company
Case Manager Assistant II (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits and great salary
Cons: department closed
I love Children's National Medical Center they provide the care that children and some adults with the health care needs, and being apart of their team made me feel as if I were making a difference in some child's life.
A company with diverse and friendly co-workers. Flexible work hours.
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 23, 2014
A company with diverse and friendly co-workers. Flexible work hours.
caring for children is a great thing to do.
Technical Support Profile (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: job security, union environment
Cons: management is not that great
I've worked at adult facilities for years and I can honestly say that caring for children is a far greater feeling. The day starts at 0700 and goes on until 1530. Cardiac is where all the excitement happens for me. From the OR to the CICU to PICU, we go anywhere they need us. The learning curve is wide and can be challenging since things dont always happen the same as they do in the adult world.
The hospital once meant a great deal to me (and the kids still do), but not anymore
Special Police Officer (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.July 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers and all the staff that care about children
Cons: kids who don't make it.
In the Fall of 2011 there were no less than 13 openings in the security department. Many in the early Fall and the rest right before Christmas. I finally contacted a present employee and asked if anything illegal happened and the response was "No", people were being fired for being two minutes late and things like that. Hospital security departments usually do not make money for the facility and if you work there for enough years you can make a decent income. The only way to reduce the amount of money paid to the department is to fire people. This had to come down from Kurt Newman President and CEO of Children's to the Director of Security. The people who are there and were good employees on the day shift have now moved to other shifts to get the bullseye off their backs. At one time the hospital had problems hiring qualified people to work there. In other words they hired people who should not have been allowed in the hospital without a sick child. Because of the massive lose of officers everyone had to go to twelve hour shifts for many months. Because the pool of new people was so bad the department had to make a new job title "field training officer". All of this must have demoralized those remaining at the hospital and jeopardized the safety of patients, staff and visitors. Still it is Children's Hospital and it is all about the children. They are and will be the best part of the job. I have many memories from there and most of them are good. I miss the old Children's.
Needs alot of work
PGY-2 Pediatric Pharmacy Resident (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 18, 2014
Departmental restructuring in progress, lots of patience required to make it through, new chief in place, complacency has been a huge issue but they are working to overcome,

1 2 3 4 5