SEEKING A PART-TIME ADVANCEMENT ADMINISTRATIVE-ASSISTANT
fundraiser/event planner in wood dale, il
Position: Part-Time 20-28 hours per week
No benefits at this time
The Administrative Assistant is a high profile, self-starter, detail-orientated position in a fast-paced, diverse audience and demanding environment. The hours are flexible and not to exceed 28 hours per week. At this time, this position does not offer any benefits. The individual in this position is expected to be able to multi-task, while ensuring accuracy and efficiency in all areas. Further, this individual should expect to work under pressure with the potential to have many interruptions. Main accountability is event planning and fundraising to generate funds for the school.
- Plan and coordinate all fundraising and non-fundraising events: i.e. golf tournament, gala, family reunion etc.
- Manage and support committees and/or volunteers for each of the key special events.
- Solicit sponsors for support of the event
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for each assigned special event and activity and routinely review the status of each
- Provide accurate information to the Business office for the recording of gifts and gifts-in-kind donations.
- Manage a work plan based on specific goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events, assignments and activities.
- Assist with development mailings for appeals, events and constituents.
- Assist with website, social media, Donor board, and online activities
- Maintain school directories and school lists through the use of Raisers Edge.
Requirements of Experience & Training:
- Critical attention to detail
- Associate’s required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years in not-for-profit fundraising
- Proficient in MS Office
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Preferred experience in design software (InDesign and Adobe Acrobat)
- Strong communication both written and oral
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Lift a minimum of at least 20lbs
- Greater Giving/Auctionpay experience not required but is a plus!
No Phone Calls Please