Childtime Learning Center

Childtime Learning Center Employer Reviews

Management doesn't care
Teacher (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: able to get medical, dental and vision coverage
Cons: poor management, company concerned about bottom dollar only
Clock in and begin tending to the children. Sign them in and out of the classroom, depending on where the children would go after the opening room. I learned a great deal from the children and families in regards to how much I love teaching and watching the children bloom.

In regards to management, it was poorly run. The last director was too involved – more... personally and allowed those personal relationships to color the judgement. This affected not only the staff, but also the parents who made either made comments or simply withdrew their children.

As far as the co-workers goes, there were one or two that truly put the needs of the children above the needs of the center and treated their co-workers with respect. The others tended to belittle the children as well as their co-workers. Working with a group of women, tends to have the backstabbing drawbacks.

The hardest part of the job, was dealing with the majority of the staff and not having the support of management. The most enjoyable part of the job, was watching the little faces light up when they learned something new. – less
high stress
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Kingsland, GAJuly 9, 2014
fast pace, lots of children, management is cool, co workers help with long days
Childcare provider
Childcare provider (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJune 26, 2014
Pros: watching children grow up
Cons: the pay
Worked with children on letters, numbers, and social interaction
Childcare
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 21, 2014
Childtime is a corporate childcare facility. They are ran very similar to Kinder care, Tutortime, and other facilities. However, they are no longer in operation in the area.
An upbeat environment, with great Teachers
Teacher (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 20, 2014
Pros: great parents and students, fun place to work
Cons: no pay increase.
I work with some amazing ladies, who enjoy working with children. As a teacher I have develop leadership skill and organizational skills that I will need, as I farther my career. At times it can be a little bit unorganized, but seeing that, I've been there for some time now; I know what to do to maintain a stress free day and keep my children happy. – more... I work hard and I believe you should leave your trouble at the door, to keep a positive attitude when at work. – less
in the beginning it was very productive and a eagerness to have a wonderful program
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, smiling faces, loving kids, my passion
Cons: little to no hours, poor management, unfairness
I was hired to work full-time as the summer program coordinator and teacher. I coordinated the summer and we had a blast. Towards the end of the summer my hours went from 40 hours a week to almost 5. The director walked out and the assistant needed more training to run the daycare and staff. My hours got cut tremendously making it hard for me to live. – more... Overall I enjoyed the students and the time we shared. I also enjoyed teaching the school-age and preschoolers being a positive role model in their life. – less
Its a job
Early development (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: the children
Cons: short staffed often
Working at Childtime is just a job, not a career. The opportunities for advancement are few and far between.
The Children and Families are the best part of this job - This company cares about the checks the familes write, and thats it!
Staff Member (Former Employee), NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: the customers - families and children
Cons: the company's treatment of their staff
When it comes to this company, the "bottom line" is the bottom line. For a company who says its all about the child, its not its about the checks being written. Yes, its a business but this company has put the children behind making money by exploiting the children.

The staff are even told by management that you have to plan curriculum or activities – more... off the clock "or else" - which comes from both the Director and District Manager.

Also, "brown nosing" to management gets you favored and gets you more hours than others who do their job and go home. There are a couple of staff members who are allowed to "milk" the clock while most other staff are sent home early or told to sign out immediately after their scheduled shift. – less
A very awesome learning experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: discounted childcare, learning new things
Cons: a long drive
I worked open to close most days. It was my first learning center to work in and where i learned everything i know about childcare.

Management was awesome and supportive.
Coworkers are the same. Very supportive and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was when i got newer younger kidsm mixing them into our set schedule. The most enjoyable part is the – more... children and their parents. – less
My First Job
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 7, 2014
I loved working for Taco Bueno and was there for over 7 years but I was given and advancement and a better oppurtunity at another job
Watching the childrens Learn
Teacher (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2014
7-13 children in the classroom full of love, clean, happiness, tones of games, full lesion plains that help each child learn to there best ability. paper work, copies, lessons, Learning hours, computer work, phones, and customer service.
Unprofessional
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2014
Providing childcare. Management was very unprofessional
a fun place to grow
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Largo, MDFebruary 11, 2014
A great place to work and teach at. I was about to learn a lot and further advance in my field.
very nice
lead teacher (Former Employee), Kennedale ,TexasJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great hours, wonderful people and children and lots of fun
Cons: hard work
always fun with staff and children, great schedule, wonderful staff and parents.
Love working with children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed being apart of the kid's daily routines and knowing I am making an impression on their futures.
Mediocre
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Largo, MDDecember 19, 2013
Pros: very attentive to the children
Cons: lack of respect
* Little respect is shown to the staff by management
*The co workers are ALL wonderful individuals
*The hardest part was staying professional in such a disrespectful environment
*The most enjoyable part is ALL of the wonderful children and parents.
Early Childhood Education teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2013
Pros: working with kids
Cons: poor management
Started out a floater. From Infant all the way through school agers.
Promoted to infant teacher. than Infant Teacher Closer.
Transferred to One's Teacher. Occasionally Two's Teacher.
Corporate guidelines extremely restrictive to enhancing program.
Site Director (Former Employee), Silverdale, WANovember 13, 2013
Teachers very under paid and under appreciated by the corporation.

Corporate support of management lacking in many areas.
Childtime does not balance work with life well
Center Director (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very long working hours
This company does not value their families first. It does not value their employee's work/life balance, It is all about the bottom dollar and does not give back to their teachers in the classrooms.
Fun Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILAugust 17, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, long lunch break
Cons: insurance, how corporate functions, pay
Friendly work staff, corporate recognizes how long you have worked there, don't get enough positive feedback from management

1 2 3