Childtime Learning Centers

Childtime Learning Centers United States Employee Reviews

Fun work place with children
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Greece, NYMarch 6, 2015
Amazing people to work with, and the children are great. Management isn't the best. The hardest part - balancing a class of 14 plus kids, while being able to do one on one with a child if needed. Most enjoyable part is knowing you're giving the children a great place to hang out at during the day and knowing that they are having fun and learning.
frist real job
Counselor (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMarch 5, 2015
ok need to really enjoy being with children. Counselor for pre-K to 5th grade children and counselor for summer camp; Assisted students with homework, crafts, games, sports activities;
Children are great, Management needs improvement
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 6, 2014
The work atmosphere is great , children and teachers are great. However Management need many improvement and training.
Changing for the better...
Team Leader (Current Employee), Arnold, MOSeptember 1, 2014
The center has some really great teachers that are dedicated to their students. There are tons of changes happening including accreditation. You can be sure your child is receiving the best education when you send them here. Management could do better at prioritizing the needs of the staff in order for them to do their job to the best of their abilities.
Childtime Teacher
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, wonderful people
Cons: pay, scheduling
A typical day at work at Childtime is going in and seeing smiling faces on the parents, children, and teachers. All of the teachers have a great joy for working with children of all ages and love their job. I learned more about following protocol and emergency situations. Management always tries to work with the teachers schedules and the co-workers are loving to all of the children as well as the other teachers. The hardest part of the job are the hours and pay, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful children that you get to be with all day.
Best Daycare I ever worked at
Floater Teacher (Former Employee), Garland, TexasMay 14, 2014
Pros: great culture, reputable company, awesome management, free meals and snacks, benefits if full time, diverse children (at least at my center), cool co-workers, relaxing atmosphere, fun projects and activities, opportunities for growth within company
Cons: low pay (of course, its daycare), crying needy children at times, no benefits if you're part time, have to wear uniforms
I worked for Childtime for about 6 months a few years ago. The thing I loved most about the company is the management and the pleasant work environment. I enjoy working with children and loved getting to work in all the classrooms and learn all the kids at the school. The managers were really nice and were willing to work with you to keep you around if you really wanted to keep your job. I would recommend this company to someone!
Loved working with the infants!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Lilburn, GeorgiaOctober 22, 2013
Pros: seeing those smiling faces.
Cons: high turnover in staff because director does not value her employee and what they have to offer, it's all about numbers!!!
Loved working with the babies! I was the first one to see them as they entered the classroom. I loved making them feel welcomed every morning. Typical day was preparing the classroom, making sure changing area was stocked with diapers and wipes for all. Served breakfast around 8. Some days were very stressful, as I was hired as an assistant teacher (one who assists!), but was always the only one in the classroom and with 6 babies of varying ages, this could be quite challenging. Very understaffed for they number of children enrolled. Had a difficult time getting someone to relieve me for a bathroom break on numerous occasions.
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDOctober 5, 2013
Pros: great families and children
Cons: director became too attached to me and upsetted my fiance
A very light hearted job. They allowed free classroom control and allowed me to teach at my own pace. Management was a tad bit too friendly with me--I.E. friending me on facebook after my initial interview--which is what lead to me leaving.
Worked here as a teen.
Teacher (Former Employee), Largo, MDAugust 4, 2013
Was an ok job as a teenager. I didn'y have many bills to pay so my wages and getting off early and not working weekends was enough for me.
Fun and great family setting for children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJune 26, 2013
Fun and entertaining watching and learning new things from the children and your co-workers. Everyone is very helpful and nice.
Environment was ok
ASSISTANT PRE-K TEACHER (Former Employee), Snellville, GAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: had a hand in their education
Cons: only o year with them
I loved this because I prepared children for elementary school
Fun work with small children
Teacher/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TxFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: i loved working with children, health benefits, close to home, discounts, paid cpr workshops
Cons: the pay was very small
Typical day at work: Supervise small preschool aged children; Breakfast, morning activities such as learning the alphabet ,numbers, colors and shapes, outside play, potty training, music, lunchtime, potty training, nap time, potty training, snack, art, outside play, potty training, afternoon snack, movie
what i learned: how to be a teacher
Management: Easy going, kind, detail oriented
Best Director
Early Childhood Education Teacher (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZNovember 5, 2012
I have worked for both a Childtime in Flagstaff, Az and Phoenix, AZ. This review is for the Flagstaff Childtime Learning Centers only. I had a chance to teach 4-5 year old for a year under a amazing director that encoraged me to grow as a teacher. One of the very few jobs you can enjoy going to work. Very good with sticking to curriculum. However the Childtime I worked at in Phoenix was nothing like the one in Flagstaff, quite horrific.
Unpredictable
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: built great relationships with lots of people
Cons: overworked, underpaid
Very hectic and a bit stressful. Hardest part of this job was the workload. The teacher to child ratio was extremely unbalanced. The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that I had the chance to build relationships with children of all ages, they all held a special place in my heart and still do.
Assistant Teacher
Assistant Teacher/ Temporary Cook (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 29, 2012
Provided assistance to the lead teacher in caring for children. Teaching children from infants to schoolagers.

About Childtime Learning Centers

Take your seats and pay attention, class: Learning Care Group┬átakes care of children who are between the ages of six weeks and – Read more

Childtime Learning Centers Salaries