Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 14, 2017
I learned to implement curriculum plans for students, practiced patience and organization skills. This workplace is extremely rewarding when teaching and molding children into bright young beings.
Wonderful place
Prek teacher (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GADecember 8, 2017
I loved this job ..the people were awesome.I love children and would work their again if I could.the management was alays fair and cheerful.the salary was nice and I got discounts for bringing my oend children.
Pros
Loving on kids
Cons
Sometimes challenging
Wonderful staff members
Assistant Pre-K Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 8, 2017
The work day goes by with ease. The staff and families are a pleasure to be around. The joy in the children's faces day to day puts happiness in my heart.
Treats staff poorly
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIDecember 6, 2017
staff lounge is too small
work long houred days without appropriate breaks at times
non-communicating coworkers that didn't want help
blunt/rude director
Pros
the kids
Cons
the emoplyees
I loved teaching children
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
I absolutely loved what I did. There wasn't very good communication or leadership when it came to my director the assistant director was amazing. But we were always short staffed and I had to continuously work 10-12 hour days then they would cut me at the end of the week. Put me in overloaded classrooms with not a lot of help. Never could keep a good assistant teacher every time everything would get settled they would move them to another room. I had to always do everything for my entire class on my own with no assistance.
fun
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 5, 2017
work place is good, pay low. management was nice. a lot of requirements to get job. the culture was good. children are on a tight routine which I liked.
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
not enough hours
Always room for growth
Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2017
Always growing schools. I learned a lot when it came to becoming a good director. Always busy in the life of a director. Enrolling and hiring. Micromanaging is a slight problem. Upper Managements needs to understand a directors life a little bit more.
Excellent Management , not room for advancement
Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Childtime, but not much room for advancement. The staff was wonderful, the parents were excellent,and the children were amazing unfortunately it was time to move on and
Terrible workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  S MayNovember 26, 2017
In general, upper management is just childish and catty. No professionalism what so ever. They don’t care about their employees, only their bottom line. It’s pathetic.
Pros
Connecting with the children and families
Cons
No work life balance, the Work culture, management
Childcare
Program Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New Whiteland, INNovember 26, 2017
Childcare is quick paced and constantly changing. This place is no exception. I loved my role and saw a lot of success. The nature of the beast is that there's a lot of turnover, and every day changes that come with working in a preschool. If you are flexible and quick witted and physically you can do well.
I dont recommend Childtime
Toddler Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2017
I currently work at childtime and it is not pleasant. They are unorganized, more time spent on gossip then on the actual children. I would not recommend anyone taking their children there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
place is a disgrace to childcare
It is very fun & fast paced but very stressful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 25, 2017
I absolutely love working with children. However the staff there were all friends who went to college together. So there were certain things I could not change that were unfair to myself or to the children. IE I could not get raises or get paid full-time. Another employee came in and had zero experience was hired as a teacher above me, full time, then to assistant manager.
Pros
Get to work with children
Cons
Dscrimination
Great Company
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northville, MINovember 21, 2017
It was a very fun place to work at, the staff was amazing. I loved all of the neat activities we were able to do with the kids. The management was very well organized.
Poor company to work for
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2017
The corporate part of the company only cares about profits. They do not care if employees are paid fairly, or if children have become dangerous to other children. As long as they are making money, theyndo not care.
fast paced environment
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2017
working with children is never a simple task. i worked the two year old classroom which was very rewarding in terms of bonding with the children but very stressful and demanding. we were not allowed to tell the parents if the child had a rough day, we were only to give positive reports to parents
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 14, 2017
One of the worst child development centers I've ever worked. Very fast pace, always moving teachers and kids around in different classrooms. Too much paperwork and not enough time to teaching children. Great preschool teachers deserve more pay and friendlier work environment.
Pros
Pay was ok, time off
Cons
Very fast pace, streesful enviorment.
safe caring environment for children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 10, 2017
The daycare center provide great services to the children and parents. Children were supervised accordingly however staff was underpaid
Teachers were provided with supplies and equipment needed to complete arts and crafts
Pros
room for growth
Great learning center for kids
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with the school age children and promoting within the company which better matched my skill set and goals for management. Great experience and resume builder.
Pros
great pay
Cons
too much down time
Good job if you don't mind traveling often.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2017
I was the only maintenance technician for Childtime during my employment. I was sent to Kansas, Texas, Tulsa, as well as all the Oklahoma City centers to perform maintenance on buildings. It became too much time spent away from my family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Travel
good job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liburn, GAOctober 29, 2017
a typical day at work is busy and fun with the little kids they enjoy having consistency and a reliable teacher to get on their level
I learned that love and care and patience is what helps children feel comfortable to open up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8