Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

TERRIBLE Experience
INFANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Camby, INSeptember 19, 2016
i worked here for all of a month and still regret it to this day. The management is terrible and not qualified for their job. The pay SUCKS. i was making $9/hr and only getting 20-25 hours a week. NO ONE can survive off of that salary. I was told i would be full time and that i needed a degree to work there (which i have)....FALSE. most of the people there only have a HS diploma. They do NOT follow licensing regulation regarding ANYTHING (feeding children, sleeping supervision, food supply, mandatory breaks, cleaning). i left work every single day stressed out and spending my free time looking for a better job. This place needs to be restaffed immediately!!
Pros
Working with loving babies
Cons
everything else!
A great childcare facility
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work is tracking everything the infants do. I learned how to balance each child and learning their individual needs and communicating with parents. Management and Co workers were friendly but questioned a few things. The hardest part on the job was dealing disobedient children and the student could not be disciplined, did not have respect for authority. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with the activities planned with the kids and infants.
benefits
Cons
dealing with rude student and no diversity
salary was very low and management was hostile
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 21, 2016
I would not return to work at this employer. Management was very rude to their employees. Employees had to fight for raises and respect. Management gossiped about their employees.
Pros
Cons
no breaks at times, low pay, poor management
Assistant Center Director
Assistant Center Director (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 8, 2016
Overworked, underpaid and underappreciated. Center director got credit for everything even though they did nothing. Whenever things went right it was due to director and when things didn't it was everybody else except the director!
Pros
low cost childcare
Cons
no recognition for a job well done, underpaid, long hours with little to no compensation for it
Family oriented work environment.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Avon, INJune 28, 2016
Childtime has a family oriented work atmosphere. The management team is supportive and open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job is low compensation and the limited opportunity for growth.
Pros
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Cons
low compensation and limited growth potential
Great foot in the door if you aspire to be an educator.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2016
Awesome job, most people that work there actually enjoy what they do. The ONLY complaint I have is management. Management can make or break a staff, and the current staff is falling apart.
Pros
Benefits, Breaks, Working with Children
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Horrible Company to work for!!!!!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJuly 23, 2016
They do not care for their employees its all about how many kids they can bring to the facility how much money they are bringing in. when you get interview they will make it seem like you will get full hours but truly it's a way to get you in to the job knowing they will not give hours. they don't care about the kids well being. the more kids the better for their pockets but they don't have enough teachers because they quit after 2-3 weeks working they see how horrible it is. management gossip about everyone. the only enjoyment you will get out of this job is working with the kids.
Pros
The children
Cons
horrible company!!
Fun Workplace with children
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYDecember 4, 2015
It is a great work environment, I enjoyed working with the children. My coworkers were easy to work with and I was able to create friendships with these people outside of work. The only downfalls are the varying amount of hours and not knowing if you will be guaranteed 40 hours a week and the employee turnover.
Pros
Long breaks, flexible with hours, working with children
Cons
Benefits, unstable schedule, employee turnover, no room for advancement
Horrible Place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJune 9, 2016
I wouldn't work here or send a child here. Management is rude and gossips about staff and families. The district manager forces directors to break state regulations all the time. The company doesn't care about the staff or the kids. It only cares about how much money it makes. Staff has to buy their own supplies because there is never money in the budget to buy things like art and craft supplies. The food is terrible. They can only serve the cheapest items they can order, so kids get beans 2 to 3 times a week as a main dish for lunch. It goes to waste because the kids don't like what's served. Crackers and cheese is considered breakfast. This is what school age kids are served before they go to school.
The school is dirty and nasty. Toys are gross and broken. Nothing new is ever bought because it's not in the budget.
Cons
Good team--learned a lot, and able to advance
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAAugust 26, 2016
Love the connection with co-workers from the cook to the director. I've learned so much about teaching children, keeping them safe and helping families. This center is a great place to work. Childcare has turnover---but when the people that really want to be in this industry do what they are hired to do, it makes everything great. Love the fun days for teachers that are planned throughout the month. The director is fair and will help you if you want to learn more about childcare or further education. The teachers that have been in this field are also helpful too!
Pros
Great staff dinners, nice new uniform shirts, working with the children
Cons
Long days when people call out
Do Not Go There
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2016
Management was very poor. Harassment, threats and overall caring about nothing but themselves and money. Walkie talkies that didn't work, having to scream down the hallway to ASK if someone would come so you could go to the bathroom, no supplies,always out of ratio, forced 2-3 hour lunches so they could keep you late and not pay overtime among the Many problems encountered. Wanted to stay for the next four years but situation intolerable and others followed suit and left. Understaffed and employed many who had the minimum education.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, grossly underpaid, teachers had to support eachother .
Very demanding job.
Director (Current Employee) –  oklahoma cityNovember 1, 2016
Must be excellent at multi-tasking.
Must be excellent with staff and parent communication.
Must be willing to work long hours.
Pros
Wonderful working with the children.
Cons
long demanding schedules for the pay.
Fun place to work with a friendly, easy going work place
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 23, 2016
Worked with children from the ages of 6 weeks and 10 years old. I was a floater/ food specialist and I would work where needed in the morning then go to the kitchen. There I would prep for the days meals of 2 snacks and lunch. My managers and co-workers were the funniest, dedicated people I have ever meet. The hardest part of my job was leaving. And the thing i enjoyed the most were the children and the learning, growing that goes on during the year.
Pros
Weekends off and The center closed at 6.
Cons
Not the greatest place to work at if Childcare is your fream career!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 9, 2016
Lots of favoritism between management and employees. Leaf teachers that DON'T have the full units to be left alone with children... like the infant toddler units. the younger teacher (and by that i mean under 25) make it seem like the older ones are ruining their life because they have classrooms and they dont. Just overall one of the worst companies that I have been employed by!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Not what they said it would be
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 26, 2016
I was hired in and they told me it was full time. Almost every week, they sent me home early due to lack of children and pay roll. I never worked the 40 hours in a week i was promised. The other teacher in my room was very unorganized and made it a difficult space for the children to learn anything. Everyone is scared when the district manager comes to the building (which is often) because nobody does their job right. A lot of drama and talking behind backs between employees. I quit after working here for 2 months as a lead teacher. I would never work for learning care group again, and i would never send my children here either.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No insurance until 6 months, short days, gossip
great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 6, 2016
this job was great when i was in high school everything was balanced pay wasnt great but was to be expected most enjoyable part of the job was the children, my co workers were okay for the most part management was awful
Never again
Janitorial Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAJanuary 4, 2016
This was a terrible place to work. I was severely underpaid and I got no benefits. I had to clean the place, top to bottom every single day.
good place to work
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  3546 E.Thomas rdJuly 24, 2016
Excellent place to work and build for a first time daycare job.
Has excellent teamwork. management is very supportive of staff. plenty of education opportunities through the company
Do not work here
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJuly 7, 2016
This company does not care about the employees. They are solely focused on making money. They do not follow their own policies and laws. They neglect their infants. Management does nothing to solve any problems. Little to no training.
Pros
Hired quickly
Cons
Awful pay, huge liability, little to no training
too concerned about friendships
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 17, 2015
I worked here a few years ago. The company had no structure! I worked at 2 different locations and there was NEVER an opportunity presented for advancement nor a raise! The directors changed like the weather and each one lacked a little less education and professionalism than the next! I have over 6 years of experience in early childhood and a Master's degree but was told "someone with more experience was selected" for a lead teacher vacancy. Seriously though!? This company could be so much more. Apply elsewhere, quickly!

2.8