Childtime Learning Centers

Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Fulfilling
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 25, 2017
If you love kids this is the great place to work at. Having an amazing relationship with not only the parents whose child(ren) are in your class; but also the children is the most fulfilling job to have.
Pros
Great relationships
Cons
Pay
Fun work place
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAFebruary 25, 2017
Very good Director and fun environment to work at. i learned alot from my peers and from the children. The parents seemed to be happy with the care that the children got. I would be happy with my child there.
Fun and exciting work place
Educator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Although the compensation was very low, I did enjoy spending time with the babies and helping them develop. I very much enjoyed the people I worked with and the parents of the babies I kept.
Pros
Babies laughter daily
Cons
no room for advancement
Enjoyable
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoy working for this company for the most part. Very helpful in learning and knowing the rules and feel confident in my abilities to teach young children. Management needs to be more supportive in the classroom.
childtime
Lead Teacher Two Year Olds (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 19, 2017
Childtime gave the experience that I needed to understand certain things in school that I didn't understand. the staff is nice to work with and the children are wonderful.
Pros
working with wonderfulchildren
Cons
dealing with challenging behaviors
Great Place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 18, 2017
Fun place to work, encouraging to see children learn. Co-workers truly work as a team. A fun and creative atmosphere.
I open and close the center
Families are very friendly
Good organization
Do Not send your Kids here!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIFebruary 16, 2017
This place honestly made me no longer want to work with children. There is no structure in the classrooms therefore the kids are free to run wild. There are a lot of vicious kids there too and incident reports get written up almost everyday. The management sucks an there is zero communication between you and your higher ups. I would come in to work never knowing where I would end up. It would be like, "Oh surprise, you're in here today". Zero consistency! There is also a lot of drama here and gossiping. The building I was at (0637) also is pretty low staffed which made staying in classroom ratio very complicated. But I can see why those who left (which would be at least 10 people from the time i started to time left) left.The rooms are kind of gross too since they have a "self-cleaning" thing going on. So whoever closes the classroom down spends like 2 minutes actually cleaning and the rest of it picking up toys and getting the garbage. Working here was hard to deal with and very stressful.
Pros
1 hr break (unless were really low staffed) then its 30 mins.
Cons
alot
Stable chain of daycare centers
Cook/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2017
Great for full time and part time opportunities. Clean facilities. Open year around. Stable chain of day care centers.
Good coworkers and great families.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I loved my coworkers and families that I worked with. My coworkers made this not so great place doable and the children made me want to go to work because I knew if I wasn't there, there would just be going from a different teacher every couple hours. This company only cares about money and not about the kids or the well-being of their employees. Poor leadership was seen everyday from the director and no responsibility was ever taken. The higher up management is so out of touch what is actually going on in the centers that it is sad. Employees are overworked and underpaid for everything that they had to go through. One thing I am glad that I got out of this place was great families and old coworkers that I still keep in contact with and knowing exactly what I DO NOT want at a center where I work.
Cons
Poor Management
Management and Staff miscommunication
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119February 7, 2017
A typical work day included assisting teacher in daily activities and other tasks such as nap time, recess, story time, and lunch and snack time. Management favored certain employees over others. The hardest part was getting along with some of the lead teachers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children.
Learning Care Group
Director (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 1, 2017
They are working on being a employee friendly company. The local staff is great and does a great job caring for the children. The work together as a family.
Requires to much work for low pay
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 30, 2017
I love working here because the parents and children were wonderful I love working with my children but the pay wasn't worth it I stayed because I love the parents and children I worked with the staff was also nice
I love working with the children at child time learning center and parents
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 27, 2017
I joining working at child time learning center i working their for 6 years enjoy working with the parents and their children and I learn alot from the children and parents
Fun but hard
Assistant Director/School Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MSJanuary 26, 2017
This company doesn't have much work life balance and the employees are not compensated the way they should be. I enjoy my job and the building I work at but the corporate aspect of the company is very black and white and they don't really understand what goes into a daily life at the centers.
Unprofessional and disorganized
Jr Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CA #0201January 25, 2017
Extremely high turn over with teachers. This company only is closed for 4 holidays out of the year. They don't offer holiday pay and you are required to show proof of sick time. You aren't compensated (hourly pay) for the amount of work that is required for your worked duties. The administration is unfriendly and unprofessional.
great place to work
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 19, 2017
always enjoyed establishing relationships with the children and parents and helping them to achieve there goals set by parents and schools cirriculum, Enjoy working with the children in my classroom
Pros
watching and teaching children
Cons
not seeing them after they left the daycare to attend public schools
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I always 8:30-5:30 . I loved my job and I always found it very rewarding to shape the minds of the children in my care. I liked my co-workers and we always got along great. We were always willing to help each other. We were sometimes short staffed and management was not always the greatest.
Pros
Free Lunches, Healthcare
Cons
High turnover in staff
place to work
Lead Pre K teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 14, 2017
It is a great place to work and they adhere to the rules and regulation very strongly! Was great while i did work there unfortunately they have multiple people that break rules everyday and when you do your job right and great you get punished for one rule break that was not on purpose
decent workplace
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIJanuary 10, 2017
My typical day at childtime is floating to the rooms that need a teacher for that day. going over the daily lesson plan with children. playing and feeding children throughout the day. very crazy never really explain what's going to happen throughout the day, but it is part of job.
Pros
hour lunch break great relationships with chilren and their parents
Cons
poor mangement
Childcare
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 27, 2016
Childtime is a great childcare company to work for. They offer smaller classrooms so there less children per room. Which is nice to have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8