Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Center Director
Assistant Center Director (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 8, 2016
Overworked, underpaid and underappreciated. Center director got credit for everything even though they did nothing. Whenever things went right it was due to director and when things didn't it was everybody else except the director!
Pros
low cost childcare
Cons
no recognition for a job well done, underpaid, long hours with little to no compensation for it
Do not work here
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJuly 7, 2016
This company does not care about the employees. They are solely focused on making money. They do not follow their own policies and laws. They neglect their infants. Management does nothing to solve any problems. Little to no training.
Pros
Hired quickly
Cons
Awful pay, huge liability, little to no training
depends on the school itself and the coworkers
teacher (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 6, 2016
i enjoyed working here - at first. but the director and i clashed about many things. and she was the boss, so i had to just follow the rules. anyway, eventually she succeeded in getting rid of me and also another teacher as well.
Family oriented work environment.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Avon, INJune 28, 2016
Childtime has a family oriented work atmosphere. The management team is supportive and open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job is low compensation and the limited opportunity for growth.
Pros
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Cons
low compensation and limited growth potential
childtime
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2016
don't care to much for this company. always a problem with the management.... from being able to call off, using PTO time
Do Not Go There
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2016
Management was very poor. Harassment, threats and overall caring about nothing but themselves and money. Walkie talkies that didn't work, having to scream down the hallway to ASK if someone would come so you could go to the bathroom, no supplies,always out of ratio, forced 2-3 hour lunches so they could keep you late and not pay overtime among the Many problems encountered. Wanted to stay for the next four years but situation intolerable and others followed suit and left. Understaffed and employed many who had the minimum education.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, grossly underpaid, teachers had to support eachother .
Great foot in the door if you aspire to be an educator.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2016
Awesome job, most people that work there actually enjoy what they do. The ONLY complaint I have is management. Management can make or break a staff, and the current staff is falling apart.
Pros
Benefits, Breaks, Working with Children
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Stresfull
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 14, 2016
Very stressful environment. The director is great and caring however it is corporate ran. To many kids and not enough staff. Corporate does not run very well, expectations are too high. Pay is not enough for what the demands are.
Not the greatest place to work at if Childcare is your fream career!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 9, 2016
Lots of favoritism between management and employees. Leaf teachers that DON'T have the full units to be left alone with children... like the infant toddler units. the younger teacher (and by that i mean under 25) make it seem like the older ones are ruining their life because they have classrooms and they dont. Just overall one of the worst companies that I have been employed by!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Horrible Place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJune 9, 2016
I wouldn't work here or send a child here. Management is rude and gossips about staff and families. The district manager forces directors to break state regulations all the time. The company doesn't care about the staff or the kids. It only cares about how much money it makes. Staff has to buy their own supplies because there is never money in the budget to buy things like art and craft supplies. The food is terrible. They can only serve the cheapest items they can order, so kids get beans 2 to 3 times a week as a main dish for lunch. It goes to waste because the kids don't like what's served. Crackers and cheese is considered breakfast. This is what school age kids are served before they go to school.
The school is dirty and nasty. Toys are gross and broken. Nothing new is ever bought because it's not in the budget.
Cons
Learn to be flexible at all times, not much choice
Lead Teacher - Pre Kindergarten (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 7, 2016
This is a great place to get first hand experience in the childcare field. I was a 3/4yr old teacher - there were 14 kids in my class everyday. I'm a very structured person and this place wasn't a perfect fit because of it. Schedule kept changing, adding and taking children to my classroom, and they asked way too much out of the classroom teachers.
Pros
Breakfast, lunch, and snack was provided for free
Cons
Low pay, lot of work, inconsistancy
Very disorganized and staff are underpaid
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 2, 2016
The management team is very disorganized and the staff are underpaid compared to other child care centers in the area. I would never work for the Learning Care Group again.
Proactive fun environment including excessive child supervision.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJune 1, 2016
Maintaining a full-time, fun, heavily supervised learning environment hourly. Only stressful when there are call-in's, because of licensing reasons to teacher to child ratio. When one teacher calls in same day, you then have a full class clashing with others, setting the whole classroom environment off.
Pros
Breaks longer than 1 hour
Cons
When people do not show up; call-in's, you scramble last minute to remain in ratio. (i.e. Teacher;Child(ren))
Great Place
STUDENT TEACHING (Volunteer)-Pre-Kindergarteners (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 1, 2016
I worked at Childtime as a Student Volunteer in the Pre-Kindergarten classroom and my time spent there was great. The employees were nice and I love the diversity within the center.
Pros
Diverse
Not what they said it would be
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 26, 2016
I was hired in and they told me it was full time. Almost every week, they sent me home early due to lack of children and pay roll. I never worked the 40 hours in a week i was promised. The other teacher in my room was very unorganized and made it a difficult space for the children to learn anything. Everyone is scared when the district manager comes to the building (which is often) because nobody does their job right. A lot of drama and talking behind backs between employees. I quit after working here for 2 months as a lead teacher. I would never work for learning care group again, and i would never send my children here either.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No insurance until 6 months, short days, gossip
Productive and fun work place.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 12, 2016
Productive and fun work place, a typical work day is energetic. I learn a lot with the kids everyday. The management team is wonderful and understanding. I love all my coworkers. The hardest part is getting new kids used to us and the most enjoyable part is just seeing them happy and learning.
I enjoyed working with the children
Lead Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2016
The actual location I was working in wasn't the best due to multiple managers cycling through, causing confusion and things to not be consistent. I really enjoyed working with the children and aiding to their growth and social skills.
Fun but biased
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 5, 2016
The job was a good place to work starting out and had room for advancement but when corporate began to change things around, the employee didn't matter anymore. Whatever the employer said no longer mattered and it was all about the directors and the big shots
Didn't want to work with my school schedule
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 27, 2016
I worked here for a couple weeks. I had to quit because they told me I could work half days on Wednesday's and always scheduled me a full shift. I needed that time to do homework. I was in every room for only an hour or 2 so never got to know any of the kids. Even though I didn't know the kids, they'd make me close a room by myself and the kids didn't listen. I had to tell children multiple times to stop climbing on top of the tables. Very very unorganized. Awful place, please don't work here.
n/a
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 23, 2016
Management was poor with director but she left I hear things are looking better. Otherwise I loved the how everyday wasn't the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8