CHILDTIME

CHILDTIME United States Employee Reviews

Feels like family
lead teacher (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 21, 2015
Pros: friendly, children
Cons: pay, no breaks, high turnover, favoritism
I really enjoyed working with my coworkers at Childtime. Everyone was friendly, working there felt like I was at home, work didn't feel like work. This made it hard to leave, I love the staff and I love the children, they grow on you and it hurts a lot to leave a daycare center when you've become attached to everyone. I liked the management though I will say that I felt like the was a lot of favoritism which should not exist in a professional environment, teachers spent time out of their classrooms with the managers while others sometimes wouldn't get a break because of how "short staffed" we were.
Not the best company
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Ponte Vedra Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: playing and teaching adorable toddlers
Cons: the director and the employment policies!
The Director at the now closed Ponte Vedra Beach, FL location is the most two-faced person you'll ever meet. If your nose isn't stuck up her butt all the time then she has it in for you. She will tell you "we're a family here." when in actuality, she belittles all of here employees that don't bow down to her. They refuse to give overtime and you MUST call-in to work saying you won't be there. They have this absurd policy that you must call in everyday you are not at work, even if you have laryngitis and cannot use your voice. If you are in a car accident and your jaw is wired shut, you MUST call in. If not, you will be FIRED!! You and only you must call in, nobody else can call for you.
Great Opportunity
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Childtime is a great place to get experience if you would like to pursue a career in childcare or teaching. Depending on the age you like whether its infants or school age. Not much room for moving up once you become apart of one room. So picking a age can be difficult.
Long days
Director (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: definitely the children
Cons: worked 60 plus hours a week with no work/life balance
Probably the most enjoyable part of my day was being able to use coaching moments with the staff. Teaching them new things that they could use to make the learning experiences with the children more enjoyable. Greeting the parents and the children was great. Some of the children would hug you when they would come in and that makes you feel elated. I learned that you must take a breathe and enjoy each moment that you can with each child. Do what you can to make each one feel so special and listen to the parents.
Excels in Customer retention and child care, however, management could be better
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great families and great children. make a difference in someone's life, co-workers are very friendly and willing to help
Cons: short breaks (multiple breaks less than 2 hours into working an 11 hour day), poor management
Our director will place a schedule for the day in the main office and all staff go to see their times for any classroom switching, breaks, training, etc. Each lead teacher will bring children from the opening room to their main room where stories are read and snack is provided. Play time and educational material are mixed in an effort to make things fun for the young children yet enhance their understanding of subjects taught. Lunch is provided around noon and the a two-hour nap time ensues for all children except school-age. After nap time another snack is provided and more play time is given as well as more educational material. Children are allowed to play until parents arrive.

I learned how to better interact with children more effectively, in addition to being shown different ways to show a child how to properly handle situations and to use their words instead of screaming or hitting. Patience is a key part of being able to keep on top of situations that arise everyday. Interacting with parents everyday in a manner that shows a friendly and encouraging environment as well as ensuring them that their children are in a good place.

Management can be severely lacking some days. It seems the school is run to be easy for directors and not to be effective and less stressful for teachers and morning openers. Often times schedules are not completed on their designated day until later in that day, leading to some staff being unaware when breaks are to be given, unaware of possible room switches, and lots of frustration that has ended in a few employees leaving.

The hardest part – more... of the job is maintaining constant count of children and being able to ensure each child is being helped or given proper direction to handle situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children enjoy being at the school and forming a bond with them and their families. For instance many children will be excited to see you in the mornings or when you simply pass by their rooms, they will talk to their parents about how much they enjoy coming to school and have a great teacher presence. The parents will feel much better about leaving their children in your care and it is a great feeling to see how much you can impact their lives – less
great work environment
Teacher (Former Employee), Alhambra, CADecember 29, 2014
2 year old classroom
ran through daily curriculum
family style meal time
nap time
outdoor play

I enjoyed working with the children and had great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to teach the children. The hardest part was hours being cut and the low pay.
After School Teacher (Current Employee), Indian Trail, NCDecember 7, 2014
assist students with homework
great people
love children
five star daycare
Asisstant teaching
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Canton, MINovember 18, 2014
Good company to work for but like most childcare, the pay isn't great. Hours vary due to call offs, absent children/ added children. Not very consistent.
Stressful but rewarding job
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: set schedule, weekends and major holidays off
Cons: no room for growth, low wages
A typical day at work is very busy and full of adventure. I have learned to exercise a great amount of patience and enjoy all the little moments throughout the day. Keeping a classroom of twenty three yr. olds under control and yet stimulating learning and creating a caring environment takes creativity, resourcefulness and a lot of multi tasking skill. I prioritize the events that need to take place on each specific day with any number of unplanned events that can occur when children are involved. Time management is crucial, and probably one of the hardest things to accomplish. Children do not really understand the concept of time so keeping to a schedule, while also allowing the children to express their spontaneity, is a balancing act. Seeing the children grow and develop, knowing that I have had a positive impact on someone's life is the most rewarding part of my job.
Enjoyed working with children and decent coworkers.
Stepping Stones, CEO Rensselaer County, Troy (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with children
Cons: no benefits.
Always enjoy working with children. Decent coworkers. Monday through Friday.
Childtime
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Colonie, NYAugust 7, 2014
Had the opportunity to work with amazing families and their children.
The children are wonderful.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pay is not at all acceptable for amount of work and time provided. No raises.
Management doesn't care
staff - teacher (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the children
Cons: poor management and spiteful co-workers
The children at the center were the highlight of my day. It all went down hill from there. The management, as i have seen in other reviews, behaved as seems to be typical of this company. The company doesn't care about the children, the parents nor the staff, only about the dollar signs. Staff didn't receive what was necessary to run their classroom re: supplies. Always given excuse of no money. Management showed favoritism towards their friends and promoted those friends, even when they were the last ones that should have been, due to behavior and attendance or lack thereof. Filing complaints doesn't work as it's just shrugged off. Felt like was working in a high school environment although I have to say I've seen teens behave better then the director and majority of the co-workers at this center.
loved working with children
Child Care Provider (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
loved working with children and watch them grow and learn the joy of seen a child lean and grow every day
Overall, it has been a great experience.
teachers aide (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: making a difference.
Cons: management, and salary
A typical day at work it usually busy and something new always happens. The kids get dropped off in the morning, we serve breakfast, interact with them, and then we begin our lesson plans. Once our lesson plan is completed we have free play outside. Once we come in from free play we get all washed up ready for lunch. Shortly after lunch is served the children go down for a nap for about 2 hours. Then, my shift is over. I learned so much about myself, and especially developed more patience. Overall, I enjoy going to work and seeing the kids, and making a difference.
not well managed
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Penfield, NYJune 3, 2014
I was hired to be a preschool assistant. First day I was there I got put in to the toddlers and was there for a year. Then I was put into the preschool room for the last year there. Lots of people came and went and I ended up working crazy hours.
fun place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 26, 2014
I loved working with the kids and learning how to do lesson plans and teach them. it was definitely a great place to work.
Concerns
Teacher (Current Employee), CambyMay 23, 2014
Pros: weekends off
I am a lead teacher for 1 year olds. I have learned that working is not everything. Management is ok, needs some work. she has to be in everybody's business. The facility is not run very well. I'm not sure what the hardest part of my job is. I love my Job, because I work with kids.
It is a good work place. Employees are helpful and hard working. Everyone seems to have a team atmosphere.
NC Pre-K Teacher - the Alliance for Children (Former Employee), Indian Trail, NCMay 22, 2014
I am under the Alliance for Children and the company has a PRE-K classroom by the State. At the end of the year, the classroom could be closed or re-opened dependent on State funding and students in area.
Very unorganized
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Lathrup Village, MIApril 17, 2014
Mangemeent was not helpful. Great family structure and coworkers

1 2 3

About CHILDTIME

Take your seats and pay attention, class: Learning Care Group┬átakes care of children who are between the ages of six weeks and – Read more

CHILDTIME Salaries