Chili's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,635 reviews matching the search
A company that takes care of you.
Server (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 24, 2016
Working for Chilis really can be a wonderful thing as long as you work hard, take care of your guests, and respects your teammates, they really do take care of you. They are flexible in trying to help you in every way possible, and try to "coach" you into becoming a better worker if you don't feel like you could. It's a place to work unlike other companies that want to help you better yourself and at the same time, grow and advance while furthering your career into what you want to accomplish.
eh
Server-Host (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 24, 2016
its an okay serving job, nt you do a lot of work for little pay. theres always something wrong or inconvinent but I guess who cares as long as you make your money. per shift 80-140
Pros
half off of food
Another cog in the machine.
Head bartender/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2016
I have had many ups and downs with this company. Overall, I would rate the company decently. However, at times the most hard working people are looked over and taken for granted.
A good introduction to the workforce.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2016
Restaurant work is great for a first job, and Chili's bar & grill in Jacksonville, FL on Atlantic blvd is no exception. A friendly staff with cooperative assistant managers, the establishment never knew any sort of disaster or even slight drama in my several month stay as the dishwasher. Only complaint would be the lack of sick leave, or at least the willingness on behalf of management for employees to take the time off. Although repeatedly informed weeks in advance, my dentist appointment to extract wisdom teeth was received as surprise by our regional manager. Despite having a note from my docter, I was let go over the phone after my recovery period of twelve days. Regardless, my time and expierence at Chili's left me with newfound appreciation of restaurant work, a deeper understanding of sanitation and fire safety, as well as respect for the teamwork I had witnessed and able to be a part of.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers, good day/night shift relationship.
Cons
No real sick leave.
Great place to start
To-go/Server (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work if you're team oriented. Some of the best people work there. It was a great place to start, always an oppurtunity to learn something new.
Chilis
Server (Former Employee) –  HawaiiAugust 22, 2016
I worked 8-9 hour shifts and I had anywhere from 6 tables to 11 tables. I worked in teams. Each server had a partner and was assigned to a section with their partner. I liked this when my partner could handle their tables and didn't require me to get behind in order to help them. My favorite part about the job was the contests because I usually was number 1. There was a lot of extra money involved in the contests. I also liked the zioks because each quest could leave feedback on their service. I always had a high rating.The hardest part of my job was the job environment. My coworkers were amazing and we worked as a team however the management did not. It was very difficult day to day because each manger had their way of doing things. I wanted consistency and that was never provided.
Pros
contests
Cons
Atmosphere is fun and friendly.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIAugust 22, 2016
Working with the crew at chili's has been overfull fun and whenever someone is stressed we work as a team to fix the problem.
Pros
1/2 meal while working.
Cons
No breaks.
Easiest job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAAugust 22, 2016
I worked as a hostess while in high school and the job was super easy except on Friday nights around dinner time. The servers need to be seated in a rotating order, if not servers will be upset. When you see a guest coming, open the door and greet them. after you have settled down for the day wash windows and clean the bathroom. Not much to the job.
Pros
40% off food, not much to do as a host
Cons
less money
very busy and fast pace
Server (Current Employee) –  sterling hights, MI 48066August 21, 2016
Its a cool place to work. They just have a hard time keeping good management. Iv seen at least 20 managers come and go. Some of them were really good and should not have had to leave the company its just sad.
work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAAugust 21, 2016
Not the best or the worst company to work for. It all depends who you are working for as far as managers go. That's probably the same no matter where you work.
great
Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2016
great time ,great team , atmosphere wonderful company , full days hard but fun work, Best restaurant company to work for ,amazing people.learned customer service
Pros
great team
Cons
Productive and fun work place with family atmosphere
To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2016
I loved working here! It was my first ever job and I enjoyed every single day from my first to my last. Management was spectacular and my coworkers were family to me. Always working as a team to get the job done, helping each other out whenever someone was in the weeds. Sometimes on the weekends I would be scheduled alone on To-Go's and I would get slammed, but my coworkers were always there to help. A great place to work.
Fun environment
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 18, 2016
Great teams with great attitudes. Great place to start your management career. I would look for something more permanent long term but great advancement opportunity and good place to get your feet wet.
Pros
free food, great benenfits
Cons
hours, health insurance
talk in person
HoH Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
Im ready to find new employment soon. A more appreciative, more teamwork, and new friendly faces to be around and a company to grow with. thank you much.
Enjoyable workplace
Host/To-Go/Server (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 18, 2016
Working in a restaurant is not the easiest. When dealing with someones food, you can see a more difficult side of a person. This job has taught me to have patience with people. Although days can be tough, co-workers are very enjoyable and helpful along with management.
Pros
Half off food, meet lots of different people.
Cons
Management (at times), hours
Ok place, great people to work with in a business setting
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 17, 2016
I liked being a part of a strong team and culture. A business, especially a large business, is doomed to fail without strong cultural values and listen to team member contributions. Chilis did both.
Pros
Team member culture
Cons
Longer hours and disassociation of upper management to team member
Relaxed restaurant evronment.
Server / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work was fun but also serious when it came to taking care of guest. I learned a lot about chili's and all the benefits they offer you. The management was great and always worked with you with anything you needed help with anything. They treated us as real people and not just employees. The most enjoyable part about working at Chilis was the benefits that were always offered. The hardest part about working at Chilis was carrying the trays.
Pros
Great lunch deals
Learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 16, 2016
Chili's is definitely a great place to start. I learned the basics when I started serving here and it brought me greater opportunities. There is definitely consistency to working for Chili's because it is a corporate restaurant but it's not for everyone
Not the greatest
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 16, 2016
My work was easy enough to do. Greet and seat customers in a friendly and professional manner. My problem with this job lied solely with the managers. I felt that I worked pretty hard for someone who was just a hostess, I went above and beyond my responsibilities, but all of my efforts went unnoticed. I was looking to advance to serving and I got passed right over, and told that someone who I had been training was getting the promotion that I was seeking.
chilis review
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2016
I've been working for Chili's since 2014 and I love it.
There's always room to move up.
Hardest part of our job as a server is dealing with unhappy/moody guests.