Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 3,792 reviews matching the search
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRJune 25, 2017
As a waitress I attended the customer, taking their order, serving the drinks, and as a cashier. Also as a bartender, I serve the orders of the drinks of all the guests.
Loving and happy enviroment
Server (Current Employee) –  Kahala, HIJune 25, 2017
Stocking and side work, set stations up for next upcoming shifts, ability to multi task and takes directions well, quick to adapt to tasks, trainable and flexible, works well with others, awesome team player, determined and focused.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
Management is never on the same page.
Chilis
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 23, 2017
Great staff. Really comfortable to be around without altercations of any sort. The work was a good pace, and well worth the pay I received for it. I only wish there were more hours available. But that just means they're leveling out the ours to make sure everyone was being treated fairly.
Pros
Free meals.
fast pace
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
chili's welcomed me with open arms and was a huge milestone in my working career.
This was my first job and opened my eyes and mind to the industry of customer service
Pros
fast pace
Cons
short breaks
It is a very hectic job.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 23, 2017
A typical day at work wasn't an easy going on, there was always problems coming from somewhere. I learned that teamwork is a key point to have to keep a balance atmosphere. The management was not the best, but they did most of their job. The culture was not the best, but it was dealt with for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all of the emotions from the workers. The most enjoyable part was meeting new guest and connecting with them.
fun atmosphere and co-workers, guests are another story
Bar Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2017
If you really like being treated like a piece of gum at the bootom of your shoe then this is the job for you. Management never knows how to handle a situation and if it is handled improperly the management staff will find a way to put the blame on a lower status employee so that they can save their job.
Pros
50% discounts at any chili's
Cons
management and consumer base
Fast pace, great work environment overall
Host/ To-Go (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 22, 2017
I learned how to be more personable from working at Chilis. The workplace was fast pace. It was cool listening to the stories most customers had. The hardest part was dealing with the pace of the job. The most enjoyable part about working at Chilis was the regulars that would come in.
No room for advancement/ Highly stressful job environment
Kitchen Trainer (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 22, 2017
No room for advancement
Highly stressful job environment
You are not scheduled an out time
No free meals or benefits for long-term employees
No full-time positions available
Pros
Higher hourly rate than most restaurants
Cons
You are not scheduled an out time, no room for advancement, highly stressful work environment
Fun fast paced work environment
Lead bartender and Key carrier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
Company was great, had lots of fun working with new people and new management. Learned a lot about alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages. Shifts usually last 9-10 a day from 4PM-1AM. My job got easier by the day because of the new things I learned about it. Loved my job, got to meet new people such as customers or employees. Would definitely recommend this company to a friend.
ambiente de trabajo hostil y en desigualdad de genero
Mesero (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 22, 2017
mi experiencia en lo personal fue mala gracias al trato de los gerentes
Pros
salia de cada turno con dinero
Cons
solo cobraba 2.13 la hora y la relacion entre empleado y gerentes era muy mala !

Want to know more about Chili's?

Ask a question
fast paced job & Great to place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJune 22, 2017
The manages are amazing the are very easy to get along with super professional. Staff in the kitchen have been there for many years so they know pretty good what they are doing. its a fast paced kind of job but it goes by fast with all the cooking you do. Its definitely not for someone who likes to work slow or do very little for herself or others its a team effort.
Pros
free lunch & drinks
Great Company
Professional and unforgettable customer care (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 21, 2017
Professional and unforgettable customer care, upbeat and suggestive sales, raising GCA (guest's cost average), participating in competitive server games based on sales, being an enthusiastic team player, all side work required in a full service restaurant.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Not many shifts to go around.
Fun place to work
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2017
I felt like a member of a family when I worked for Chili's. They welcome you with open arms and want nothing but the best for you. They will work around your schedule.
Fun fast paced work environment with caring and friendly employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me opening the kitchen and the front of the house in the restaurant to begin our day as chili's servers. we greet guests and give them an experience they wont forget, and at the end of the day we close the restaurant and make sure that the building maintains a clean and healthy environment to policy standards.
Pros
Well rewarded for serves who do good.
Cons
short breaks barley any time off.
fine
Server (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJune 21, 2017
this was a long time ago, from what I can remember everything was fine. I didn't really have any problems with fellow employees or management. I think its a pretty strait forward chain restaurant.
Pros
good training
Cons
low price point
daily routine
Server (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJune 21, 2017
I always enjoy any job I apply for and a regular day at work would be a steady but busy day interacting with customers and resolving any issues or answer any questions and making sure I do my job 100%
Amazing place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
Willing to work around my schedule, seeing as I was a stay at home mom this was very important to me. They were incredibly friendly and welcoming when I went in for orientation. I would recommend them as an employer for practically anyone.
busy place to work in a college town
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 21, 2017
It was a great place for a first time manager to work & learn, but it was long hours and a busy restaurant to work in. I learned a lot from my original GM.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours as management
For a restaurant, not bad
Cook, Server & Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2017
To those who have worked in the food service industry and understand the stress and fast pace work that of course comes with the job... Chili's isn't too bad.
discrimen de genero
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 20, 2017
solo trataban bien a su grupo no tomaban en cuenta el buen servicio solo tomaban en cuebta a los que eran sus amigos
Pros
tenia dinero cada ves que finalisaba un turno
Cons
el equipo gerencial no trabajaba con el empleado

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.