Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 3,620 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
To-Go/QA (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 19, 2017
Very fast-paced, quick turn-over, exceptions include those capable of keeping up with the very busy flow. Managers do their best to look out for hard workers and allow a very relaxed mood as long as work gets done.
very fast-paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 18, 2017
Although I made friends, it was a very stressful position and I need full-time employment. I learned how to handle difficult situations. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate patrons.
Pros
fun
Cons
extremely stressful
relaxed but stressful
Dishwasher, prep cook, night cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 18, 2017
Great place to work. friendly environment and staff. very understanding management and staff. well managed and organized establishment. Well taken care of.
Pros
great friendships with staff and managers
Cons
abyse of management
Good job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 17, 2017
Wash dirty dishes, silverware and cup's run them threw the dishwasher and then put dishes on the rack. separate silverware and put up cups............
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
i enjoyed this job
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 17, 2017
it was a family oriented environment and it was very easy going I easily caught on to everything they through me on to the busiest day of the week for hostess at the front alone for my first day and I aced it with only 3 days of training behind me I was highly liked at that job.
Just dont
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 17, 2017
Worked at a few locations and bumped into the same problems everywhere. Management is awful, the restaurants are dirty, and not much room for advancement. Worked there to pay for college but would not like to go through that again.
Pros
made friends with fellow coworkers
Cons
Everything else
This place blows
Line Cook I (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXMay 17, 2017
This place has management that does not care about it's team members. The cooking and cleaning is second rate while the employee benefits are barely worth the trouble of a shift
Good waiting job
Server (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 16, 2017
It was a good job waiting tables. The only downside was the overall diminishing of the quality of the product I served. Chili's used to be a cut above and now it is average.
Loved my Co-workers but managment could use some work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for chili's but it was almost impossible to advance in this work place, they also expected you to work just short of death, and the hours were not reliable.
Nice place poor management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 16, 2017
Wouldn't mind working there again. Positive restaurant chain and good food. Managers had a bit of drama but was overall a good place to work. Had to leave unexpectedly and they were very understable.
Great place for advancement
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 16, 2017
Company provides clear and unambiguous directions/ expectations. Great development for professional and personal growth. Benefits are available within 30 days of employment.
Pros
Professional and personal growth
Cons
Some long days and hours
Nice place to eat.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 15, 2017
I love the atmosphere. Enjoy working on the Line and worked with some pretty good people. Very short staffed and under paid. Worked on my own with out the adequate help to run the kitchen. However it challenged me in many ways and made me to deal with working under pressure. Gained skill in managing from independently working and to use my problem solving skills when needed.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Short Staff
Fun but lazy cooks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 15, 2017
It was nice place to work just lots of lazy people.. The managers were OK..all Ana all it was cool place but the pay maxes out at 15.00 an hr.. Your work always goes up but it pay stays the same
serving
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYMay 15, 2017
Even though this company is a chain, they were always awesome. Fast pace, always moving which is nice. Management always backed you up if needed. If you were good at your job, tips. money was great.
good job
Server (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 14, 2017
the manages were very supportive at my location. the kitchen staff were also wonderful people, and everyone worked a well as a team and unit at my location
run poorly
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 14, 2017
Management loved to hide whenever there was a problem. Constant change over of managers all unqualified to handle the restaurant. Staff was way over worked.
Pros
Cons
management
wouldn't work there again
Host (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 14, 2017
chili's needs improvement on all levels. I truly hope that a new CEO takes a look at all of their restaurants and how they are doing. Goodluck to anyone working there.
Pros
Cons
had to shovel snow when clocked out
Learning that the customer is always right.
Line Cook & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
I had a good experience in the food service industry. I was taught by some supervisors and line-cooks, about the importance of maintaining a professional and clean establishment. I learned about Mexican cuisine and the richness of their culture. I had to learn four different stations of work. The first was salad preparation and creation, and making sure that the leaf was washed and cleaned, before serving. Next was the presentation counter where, I created the platters and plates for guest. The final station to learn was the Grill, where all the meats and poultry was prepared. Here is where I began to improve on my efforts as working as a team. It was a intense and hot place to work, but worth the discomfort at times.
I wouldn't consider the job hard, when your and your co-workers are making learning interesting. Also I helped to open two other stores and trained other people.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of professionals.
Cons
Working in tight spaces.
Made good money
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 13, 2017
Not appreciated, managers not focused on most important thing guests. I enjoyed making schedules. Some of the people I worked with were okay. Managers not organized, never on same page.
Pros
Liked getting to wear different t-shirts.
Cons
No follow through
It was okay
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 13, 2017
Chilis are pretty different all around. I've worked at two location and you just have to find the one that you fit into. 5/10 experience due to favoritism and other reasons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval