Chili's
1,360 reviews

Chili's Employer Reviews

It's a great atmosphere
Hostess, To go counter (Current Employee), West Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: best coworkers, half of food
Cons: hours
My typical day at work would involve greeting guest as they come in and seating them in preferred section of the restaurant. I clean and make sure everything is tidy and presentable in the from the the restaurant. My management always makes sure that I have all the tools I need to make my job easier.
rough job, but definitetly worth it and an awesome place to work
Bartender/Trainer/Server/Manager (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: being the top person in the restuarant, the money, the people, the food
Cons: rude guests
Working in a restaurant is definitely a tough job... you are viewed as literally a servant to some people. Which is very aggravating at times. It is also very stressful. You have to be able to move very quickly and remember orders and multitask like no other. I would have a full lounge, bar, and well... but I always worked better under pressure. I loved being busy and getting my butt kicked. It's just so much more rewarding when you actually work hard for something. It is also rewarding... Or else so many of us wouldn't still be doing it. I had the pleasure of working with some pretty amazing people... We were (and still are) a family. We might of wanted to kill each other at times, but at the end of the day we always had each others back. Which is a pretty rare thing at some jobs. I also had the pleasure of Bartending for some amazing guests as well. For the most part, I got paid to hang out with people. Don't get me wrong, some guests are rude and disrespectful but that's just part of it. I managed a few times as well... I had some pretty great managers that I learned from. Being there for five years, we were more friends than anything. (which isn't always a good thing) They are some of the best people and it was a pleasure to work for such a caring, giving, and kind group of managers.
unprofessional workplace
Waitress (Current Employee), West ColumbiaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: half off food
Managers will scream and cuss at you if they are stressed out, and handle many guest issues unprofessionally. You can make OK money on the weekends.
Very fast paced
Server/ Waiter (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: slow cooks, slow bartenders, uncooperative managers
The money is good if you are a good server. The management is horrible. They think that you have no say in anything and that your opinions don't matter. Alot of the servers complain and don't want to be at work. The job is very easy, but when you have to deal with everything else, it becomes a problem.
Fun and Friendly Workplace
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Homer Glen, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: discounted food, flexible scheduling
Cons: long weekends
Within the restaurant, I am able to host or serve and still get to maintain friendly relationships with coworkers and guests.
Fun and fast paced work
Server (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: efficient pay
Cons: not a set pay
A typical day would consist of greeting, serving, and interacting with guests. I learned alot more about customer service and customer satisfation while working as a server.
Busy productive place to work
Senior Server (Current Employee), North NaplesJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day at chili's as a senior server, can be fast pace. I like to be able to be busy, keep me on my toes. Along with being able to have challenging task thrown my way. Being able to help other co-workers out, so that they succeed. Finishing my day with daily clean-up and making sure the restaurant is set up for success for the next peoples shift.
great
Line Cook (Former Employee), cherry hill, njJanuary 14, 2015
great work environment and the staff is friendly plus the food is great
Great Team
Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: ton of hours
A typical work day depending on the day I would either open the restaurant, mid shift, or close. It was a rotating schedule.

I learned a lot working with the management team, I was very lucky. I also brought a lot to the table when it comes training, experiences, and leading people and managing things.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people, from my employees, to our guests.
productive work place
Host & To Go (Former Employee), Newington, CTJanuary 14, 2015
I didn't really get to experonce a lot at this restaurant beacause I had to go back to school so only worked there for about a month and a half but they had excellent team in the kitchen and in the front proper dress and everyone got along the best part of doing team work in a work place.
Fun place to work
Shift Leader/Trainer/Administrative Assistant/Host (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: n/a
Fun environment with flexible scheduling. Potential to make good money if you work hard and do your job well. Weekends are where the money is.
Fast paced and quality ensured
Server (Current Employee), Glenmont, N.Y.January 13, 2015
Pros: discount employee meals
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work starts off with greeting fellow employees and finding out about changes, if any, that have been made or promotions that any servers should know about. The hardest part of the job in my opinion would be, ensuring that you maintain a positive attitude and are as accommodating as possible with unhappy customers and being unable to please them. The most gratifying part of my job as a server is giving outstanding service to a customer that allows their meal to be more than just a meal, but a great dining experience.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), BahrainJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: b
Cons: n
As a server in chili's Bahrain..its a quite risky job because in my case I'm working alone in a shift with 9 tables and 1 kitchen staff, but still i can manage because i love my job and its my responsibility to be responsible about my job.
I learned to be independent, productive enough, wise and flexible when it comes to the schedule. Having a back schedule is not that easy and I'm making it easy in my own way.
The management taught us everything that we need to learn. I admit they are very strict in following the standards which is the right way and it helps us a lot.
I've been working in my co-workers like they are my family. We played like a team. We take our work seriously but not ourselves.
The hardest part of a job is having a guest complaint which is were doing our best to avoid that kind of situation.
The most enjoyable part of a job is that seeing your guest smiling and thanking you for a job well done, coming back again in your restaurant to look for you to serve them oh well its a very wonderful feeling that i could not ask for more.
fast paced
COOK (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 12, 2015
worked very hard and very fast. when the shift was over the accomplishment was so empowering that my work ethic was improved beyond measure.
Stressful Job
Administrative Assistant/ Bartender (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: money is good
Cons: work entirely too hard
With the continuous cutting of position and hours working at Chili's has become increasingly stressful and taking care of the guest on the level that the company requires is very difficult.
productive and fun workplace with alot of flexibility
Certified Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJanuary 11, 2015
I really enjoy my job at Chili's. It has provided me with an opportunity to meet a lot of great people, both that I work with and that I come in contact with on a daily basis as customers. I also really enjoy the training aspect of my job as I really enjoy passing along the knowledge that I have gained that has led to my personal success.
Very fun and energetic place to work
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 11, 2015
I had the best time working for this company. I learned how to work well in a team environment and the managers were always amazing.
I liked working here.
Food-server/Host (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 10, 2015
It's a very fast paced environment and at times it could be a bit overwhelming. However, I enjoyed the people I worked with. Overall, I enjoyed working this job.
Good place to start
Server/ Trainer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: fast paced, friendly enviorment
Cons: incomplete training, a few lazy servers
Chili's was where I first started serving. It was a good college job and while stressful, the money was decent and coworkers were amicable. Like any restaurant, there was always drama but for the most part, it was a decent job.
Upbeat and Fun culture
Server (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Chili's is streamlined for you to come in, be able to do your job correctly, make money and go home. The atmosphere is like a professional family and everyone looks out for the best interest of one another.

About Chili's

Be a part of what's trending at today's Chili's. Here’s an idea that will definitely upset the apple cart. The Chili’s – Read more