Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 3,376 reviews matching the search
flexible work schedule
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 14, 2017
Good place to work. Fast paced. Health care benefits. Do not take this job if you're not ready to give up long nights and a couple hours of sleep because it will mentally beat you. This is a serious business with a large quantity of customers that need to be serviced as soon as possible on a daily basis.
If you work with the right people it's enjoyable
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 14, 2017
If your restaurant is slow do not stay there, it gets to a point where it'll cost you just to work there. Everyday is either a hit or miss. You can walk out with$10 or $150.
Great place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 14, 2017
True family-like experience. Through long hours, and in the trenches absolute friendships were formed. Great place to grow. Started in Sumter, SC then Myrtle Beach, SC, then Summerville. Had a home in every store
Love
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 14, 2017
it's a restaurant so regardless it's gonna be hectic but the co workers are extremely funny and fun to work with, the system they use is easy to learn and management is more than willing to help you out if you don't understand something. Co-workers are extremely outgoing and you build a relationship with them. Goodluck getting weekends off though!
Pros
Good ambience
Cons
NO FREE WEEKENDS
Great money
Server (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 13, 2017
The majority of the staff and functionality of the restaurant were awesome. But some managers were not able to put drama aside and properly manage the establishment, therefore favoritism was present.
Faced paced, must be able to multitask
Shift leader, Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 13, 2017
Working with guests you have to know how to talk with your tables and how to approach each one. Small non verbal ques help to know what the customer is needing. Managers are helpful and will assist as needed. The reward of seeing the guest come in for a meal and leave smiling and knowing they will come back is the best feeling. The downside is sometimes schedules are based on the table payment machines and that may not describe how the visit was the best. When only a 5 counts it is hard to get customers to say that without prompting. They should look at the regulars that come in and how each table is treated.
Pros
working with guests everyday
Fun work place, all about business
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 13, 2017
Working at chillis I learned teamwork, good customer service, and working at a fast pace. How to recommend different foods that satisfies customers taste.
Pros
Half off on lunch, set schedule
Cons
No breaks
Good Work Place
Line cook, Dishwasher, prep cook (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMMarch 13, 2017
The typical work day at Chilis is very fast pased. I learned alot about the kitchen, and all the procedures. Managment at this resturant was so so, some of the managers were great and some needed a little more work.
Amazing with good employee's
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 13, 2017
Preparing the ice and making the snow-cones was always enjoyable. great first job for a young high school student. always meeting new people makes it fun and easy to overcome task.
Great co-workers and fun environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMarch 13, 2017
I enjoy working here, however, the structure could be better. It is a relaxed management style. A bit too relaxed for myself. I thrive and pride myself in consistency. I feel sidework and proper stocking provides for a better shift for our team, as well as, our guests. This is a new location and I feel could benefit from some adjustments. I have been a server for years and would prefer a more structured work environment personally. It is a fun atmosphere and it's nice to have benefits!
Pros
50% off meals, benefits
Cons
lack of inventory, running out of items on the menu, no accountability, and schedule based on one question of a survey guests can take that involves intent to return.
Alright
Line cook/opener, full-time (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHMarch 12, 2017
A decent place to work but they expect more from their employee's than from themselves. This breeds a bitter work environment and causes distrust in co-workers.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
fast paced
Had its moments
Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMarch 12, 2017
The staff was very friendly to work with but the managment was very lazy and even in busy times they did not help out employees to finish any work before completed
Serving in a restaurant
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 11, 2017
It is very demanding and you must be a people-person. You have sling trays on the frontline to make decent money. If you put in the hours and treat the customer right you can make a decent buck.
The GM of Lisbon is the issue for this location.
Bar /Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, CTMarch 10, 2017
If you are Racist, sexist and a homophobic person you and this GM will get alone fine. If your normal keep looking for other job offers. Chilis as a whole is a great company but this location has a leadership issue
A enjoyable day in the life of a server at Chili's Bar & Grill
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at work was hard worked filled with a lot of fun. I learned how to progress my multitasking skills as well as my team member and listening skills. My management was very professional 8 out 10 times. The work place culture was fun and fast paced. The hardest part of my job was learning that not everyone can be pleased. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around my team.
Working alone as a dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 10, 2017
You going to wash the dishes, putting away the dishes, pick up and replace the bins and taking out the trash for the whole shift. It's very fast paced and It hard to keep up if you are the only one doing all the dishes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very busy and working alone.
Productive place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 10, 2017
It's my first time working for a restaurant and at first I liked it but now it's like gives you a lot of pressure but I still overcome the pressure and get the job done
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
They over work you
Fun co-workers but stressful environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMarch 9, 2017
Overall, my experience at Chili's was sub-par. My co-workers were really fun and the managers were mostly friendly. One issue I found is that the location I worked at had four different managers. Sometimes, this caused issues with communication because one manager will tell you one thing and one will tell you another. Also, sometimes co-workers would slack on bussing tables, causing a back-up in me seating people. Experiences are likely different across the nation, but I would not return to the location I previously worked at.
Good company with great opportunity.
Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2017
Chilis offers a range of employment opportunities and position with the additional benefit of a flexible schedule. Many locations that you can transfer to.
High Pace Work Environment
Line Cook/Server/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 8, 2017
One is expected to cook, serve, or make sure everything is working smoothly in the back of house depending on position. Can be stressful at times, but with the right team members and managers, the job can also be an enjoyable and rewarding at times.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Fast-paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.