Chili's
1,539 reviews

Chili's Employee Reviews

Waitress
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 28, 2015
Common duties of a waitress. Weekend availability. Managers are great to work for. It is an independent as well as a dependent job. Stressful situations are common in this work setting. Have to make sure you're on top of things for when the restaurant gets busy.
Unpredictable environment with great people to work with
Host, Server (Current Employee), South Setauket, NYApril 27, 2015
I love working here. I only work twice a week so I don't feel like I spent all my time there. I make good money on the weekends and I get to work with a great group of people. I love most of my managers with only a couple exceptions. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the amount of side work at the end of the night. The best part of the job is the tips and working with people who I see as friends.
Fun and self rewarding
Server (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Inconsistent levels of commitment with Front of House performance
Great business where work ethic and personality can be rewarded with great pay and satisfaction. Fun and friendly work environment
great atmosphere great food
Hostess (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: they only pay for your food if you are a double
Cons: none
love this company .very laid back and fun to work for. I am not micro managed in any way, as long as I am handling my business that's all they care about.
Productive but low staffed
Hostesses, assist servers (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 26, 2015
Pros: Half Priced lunches
Cons: no break
A typical day at work was always busy we were understaffed with server's but we had enough hostesses at the time. Management knew kind of what they were doing at least some of the managers did. The hardest part of the job was the "hostesses" had to pick up all the slack from the other employees I felt like.
Fun strenuous
Bartender / Server (Former Employee), Tracy, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Regular customers.
Cons: Random acts of stupidity.
The restaurant business is a tough hustle. The hours are long the pay is minimal - other than the tips and believe me you are going to jump through flaming hoops for those. I learned how to really prioritize what's important customer wise. Everything revolves around serving the customer. Doing this correctly requires being prepared before hand so as to deliver the best possible experience.
Fun and explosive work in day of a bartender.
Services Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2015
Pros: Fun exciting enviroment with new chalenges everyday
Cons: Very late hours.
Opening shift duties; prep of all the fruit, mixes and juices for the shift and correctly labeling with date and time. Making sure that no product was past its expiration date. Customer interaction and drink and food order. Time management between bar clientele and drinks that had to be made for the rest of the restaurant. New employee training. Closing duties; cash register count, check count, making sure that the rest servers completed their closing duties by checking them out. Cash drop for the day and writing summary for the day events.
Productive and very steady
HEAD COOK (Current Employee), Greenville,NCApril 23, 2015
This job is a very up pace. Very busy, maintain my co-workers and make sure all food is sent out to the guess correctly. This restaurant is very busy. I love the change and i step to it with excitement. Happy to be serving costumers.
Team oriented environment, customer's always right, seniority rules.
Waitress/Server (Current Employee), Wareham, MAApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work includes waiting on tables, cleaning, stocking, organizing, having to stick up for yourself to kitchen staff and management in order to keep your tables happy (only way of making money). I learned a lot about working with a team, things about restaurant service I did not know, customer service, and finding confidence within myself in order to succeed in the job.
Got it out of my system
Bus Person & Dishwasher (Former Employee), Laredo, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
Every young worker should work at a restaurant at some point in their lives. I did it early and I have not intentions on going back to that field. Its not a bad place, its the customers that make it crazy
productive
server (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: half price dining
Cons: none
very good company to work for learned so much from this company. they closed our location and the closest one is a few hours awa
Moderately busy restaurant with server and bar duties.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, always something to do
Cons: Short-staffed, requiring extra duties and shifts
All in all, my experience at Chili's was good, full of challenges and positive peer interactions with my co workers. Making sure everything was done as fast as I wanted it to be done--i.e., making drinks and serving guests--was one of my biggest challenges, one that I conquered on a consistent basis. Management would deal with their own issues, usually consumed by guest concerns and fixing server mistakes, and we would all do our best to help one another out to work as a cohesive team. That, as well as a job well done, were the most enjoyable parts of any work day.
Fast pace and fun work environment
Cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 21, 2015
This is a fast pace environment and the co-workers were a lot of fun to work with. The management staff was a big help whenever it was needed. The hardest part of this job was the rushes during dinner when we were spread too thin in the kitchen.
Productive place and knew about local events
Server, Food Expo, Trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: 50% off food, free training meals
Cons: none
Great management team, somewhat high employee turnover rate, training program needs some work
people show up on time most of the time
in the beinginng i loved it here
Silverware Roller (Former Employee), Vista, CAApril 21, 2015
Cons: i never got a break and felt i could be doing much more jobwise there
The Food and the service is Amazing i'm not sure jobwise much anymore because of my expereince i've had there i started to become very depressed working here and i just started feeling like they thought i was a child was very mentally challenged and it made me depressed because i even could of seen myself doing so much more than cleaning silverware there that either disappeared or everything was dirty out of the silverware and felt i should have been allowed to be more involved and didn't feel like i was a sercet before open hours employee
Typical Restaurant Life
SERVER (Former Employee), Sarasota, flApril 21, 2015
Serving is Serving. However, Chili's has a great company culture and I truly enjoyed my team. Training and Advancement are available. Would recommend.
Fair place to work
cook (Former Employee), sioux falls, sdApril 20, 2015
Pros: flexable shifts, good pay
I worked there for 11 years. They worked with my schedule the best they could to fit my families needs. Managers are fair, patient, and professional.
Always a Chilihead
General Manager (Current Employee), Eugene, ORApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: not supporting Oregon better.
Love the company but to bad they closed in Oregon.
Many perks but it was hard work. You earn your paycheck and bonus.
Great people
Great shifts
Quality of life did suffer at times.
Job place
Ski rentals and tuning technician (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 18, 2015
In a typical day, I was responsible for overseeing everyday operations in the restaurant not limited to but including finances, food preparation, and cleanliness.
Very fun and busy, great relationship with regulars!
Waitress (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 17, 2015
I loved bar tending during the day here, I made really close relationships with my regulars. They would always close their taps when I was getting ready to leave. We had a lot of fun and I made sure everyone was smiling or laughing.

About Chili's

Be a part of what's trending at today's Chili's. Here’s an idea that will definitely upset the apple cart. The Chili’s – Read more

Chili's Salaries