Chili's Employee Reviews

Dining Room Supervisor, Server, Bartender, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIJanuary 6, 2018
If you are a hard worker and don't call in or slack off you have the opportunity to close lunch and dinner shifts, bartend, shift manage and train others. This is a good place to work if you're willing to work hard and give good customer service. If you don't like helping others or doing your assigned job then this is not the job for you. Work days can be slow and boring or can be fast paced and stressful, how you handle the situations depends on the tips you bring home.
Great Starter Job
Lead Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 6, 2018
If you are new to the working world or just new to the food service industry, Chili's is a great place to start. Great Training and support and the staff is excellent.
Food service job
Server / QA (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Worked there a while back. The beginning of my stint working for Chili's was great. But when the original management team left and the new management came in is when all the problems seemed to arise. Managers not knowing that employees are working double shifts and try to write people up for not being clean on the second shift. Managers trying to write people up for an employee calling out 8 hours before their shift because their wife was having a baby. Just sad that it went downhill like that.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Management, hours, pay
Fun place to work.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 6, 2018
I’d recommend chili’s to my friends. I was there 5 years and everything went smoothly. The management team cares about your well being. “Just do your job and you will be fine” was the policy.
Stressful job- Not worth the money
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Chili's provided an easy environment to make money, but unfortunately the management at the Valdosta, GA Chili's was terrible. We went through three general managers during my time there, and two of them were lazy and very biased towards employees.
Awful
Host / Server (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXJanuary 5, 2018
They do not care about there employees and will work you to death. I had a manager tell me that I was being lazy when I had 9 different tables to myself.
Great place to obtain work experience
Host/Trainer/Prep/To-Go (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIJanuary 5, 2018
From what I learned about working for Chili's in Hawaii, most of it has to do with favoritism, and making yourself stick out from others. Managers will (even if they deny it) have favorites that they give more hours to because those employees work hard in order to deserve it. I was one of them. I first captured my managers attention with my interview and immediately after when I got hired, I was given many hours and shifts that I wanted because they could see that I worked hard and that's the kind of workers they needed to work shifts. If you're not willing to work a sweat, then don't expect to get more hours.
Pros
friendly work environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
no benefits, discounts aren't as great
Fun and Competitive Workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Good place to work but does not have a great call in procedure. Because I called in 2x I was cut back on a lot of my hours. Management was ok but could use some improvement.
One of the worst places I've worked
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 5, 2018
This was my second job and by far my least favorite out of the three jobs I have had. I would go an entire double shift (11am- 10pm) without a single drop to drink because there always had to be a host at the stand and sometimes I would work all day by myself. I once had a break that was five minutes long, most of the time I only got 15 minutes when I worked doubles. The management was super kind to the hostesses but were extremely mean to the servers. The servers yelled at the managers quite a bit. The managers let servers yell at each other in the back, so tension was always felt when certain people had to work together or were in the same section. It was just a negative atmosphere, and I did not enjoy working there.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Yay!
Server/QA/Host (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Gave me hours I needed and friendly staff!
My first serving job and they really helped me get my foot in the door!
They like you to start as a host, food runner and then server.
This company is just unorganized
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 4, 2018
There was a new manager every other month. They made me take out my nose hoop and fired people for their hair color changes, so as long as you don't mind covering tattoos, piercings, etc., then you won't have to worry about that. The hours were very wishy-washy; sometimes I'd work four days a week, sometimes I'd get no hours for two weeks. As a hostess, you make around $5-$6 plus tips. It's not much money at all, especially for the little amount of hours.
Pros
Honestly nothing
Cons
Great job for any college student
Training Server (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Very family friendly environment, It's a team effort job and highly demanding with many rewards, discounts on food, very flexible hours for full or part time. Brand is c
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
double shifts
Great for development, tough hours and high stress though
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
With over 14 years of service to such a good company, I truly am thankful for all Brinker did for my development. Brinker is great with communication, and development of all employees, including management. The constant change is slightly stressful, as well as long hours. Sometimes more than 12 hours a day. Overall, very thankful for my time as a Chilihead!
Not a healthy enviroment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2018
The work environment is inconsistent and unstable
The culture of the team is negative and set in their ways
They promote from with in with very little experience
The leaders are not aligned and don't communicate well at all.
Pros
free meals, great benefits
Cons
no alignmet, don't follow up, make false accusations
Great working atmosphere, fun people, great money
Server (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2018
I really like this job but I cannot get past part time with them. They already have their full time people and refuse to allow full time. It is very difficult to pay bills on 20-25 hours per week.
Pros
Great managers, good money when working.
Cons
Only part time
Great Workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNJanuary 3, 2018
It is what it is when it comes to serving tables. Chilis has many advancement opportunities and they always worked with me when it came to my school schedule. And if something ever comes up its pretty easy to get a shift picked up.
A fast paced serving or bartending job
Server (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 3, 2018
You work on days of your availability, can be a slow night or a fast paced night. You make money based on your personality and how well you help the customers with their needs.
Pros
half off all meals while your working and off the clock
its cool and upbeat place
Server (Current Employee) –  qatarJanuary 3, 2018
chilis was good, but we didn't paid for overtime, we have free accommodation, transportation and 300 riyal food allowance, we received day off and vacation
Pros
300 riyal food allowance
Cons
instead of 1hr break we only take 30 mins break
Productive, fast-paced work.
Quality Assurance (QA) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 3, 2018
This job had truly made me come out of my shell. I worked here for a year and a half, and had to leave because of moving situations. It is a very fast-paced work environment (which is better because the shifts go by so quick).
never again
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 2, 2018
I worked at chilis and it was not so much the guest that bothered me as it was the management. I would have stayed at chilis if there was not such a notice favoritism between the male servers vs the female.Managers who did not like servers would place servers in sections where you will not make any money, which is unfair since to chilis is a place money can be made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.