Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 3,945 reviews matching the search
Workplace culture is great
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
Good place to build strong work partnerships. Great team building culture, desirable benefits, and fun atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity to build your skill set.
Best place ever to work
Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 13, 2017
Management and coworkers are the best. They really care and try to help in everything you may need. If you are going through something, you will find help or support with this crew. Very Professional and they acknowledge your good work.
Pros
Management, schedule, staff
Productive and fun I learned slot
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 12, 2017
I learned the ins and outs of certain ways of buisness, working hands on and at a nice pace.The people were great and supervisors helped out a lot. I started as a dishwasher and then worked on the line in the salad desert and nacho station.
Fantastic company
Togo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2017
I love working for Chilis. Brinker is an amazing company to work for and I would highly recommend Them to anyone in the market for a job in the restaurant business.
Pros
1/2 off at chilis with your discount card after 3 months.
serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2017
good company to start working for as you become a first time server, and or host. willing to teach you the rates to become a great leader and worker. also there when people need help in life.
great
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 12, 2017
This company was a great place to work. They really cared about their employees as well as their customers. I learned a lot while working there. They have a great system going.
Was a fun place to work with a very good team and management
Server (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Chilis very. much. Had I not had some severe personal life issues I feel that I could still be working there. Good employees and great management team.
Pros
Fun, flexible, reliable
Cons
I cant think of any
Fun, active enviorment
Shift Manager, QA, Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
Loved working for this company, and the different friendships I made. Fast paced restaurant, with a fun atmosphere. The food and management are great to work for.
It use to be a great company to work for.
Area Director (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 11, 2017
Chili's used to be a great company to work for. Unfortunately it is not any more.

The company struggles to find a clear identity. Top management admits they keep "trying to figure it out". They also say that "they better get better".

The future of the company is obscure, and their stock keeps nose diving as they continue to shrink their menu in an effort to improve speed of service and deliver hot food.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Quality of life, bonus structure, upper management.
good place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 11, 2017
I was a hostess at the chili's in Jacksonville NC. This place could be a mad house sometimes because of all the people but we always seem to pull through.
Amazing food
To go order taker (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJuly 11, 2017
It wasn't a hard job. I was one me that did the job so I had my own work spot. Even when I was busy I still found it to be non stressful. I think it's a great job for someone looking to get out the house a few hours a day.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Not always helpful
Flexible scheduling
Server (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 11, 2017
Very adaptable scheduling, able to adjust as needed for my class schedule. I was able to stay with the company until my availability went down to one day a week due to school schedule.
Productive place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJuly 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Brinker incorporated. They are a really good company who cares about their employees. Shift meals are good and management was awesome
.Great fast pace working environment with good people.
Bar-Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Working at chilis kept me on my feet. It had me moving every minute and not just sitting around. You have to tend to multiple guest at once and keep them satisfied. I learned a lot of problem solving and multi tasking which just furthered enhanced my skills in the customer service industry.
Hecktick work enviornment, Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2017
Working at chili's was not a very pleasant experience for me. They have large shared sections (two servers for fifteen tables) that are usually very unorganized and a nightmare to deal with on a busy day. Ridiculous surveys that servers are required to get 5 stars on (if you get a 4 it counts as a zero) that affect your scheduling and employment and they are constantly running out of products like hamburger patties and buns. The management team was unorganized and the team members had little pride in their jobs.
Pros
%50 food well working
Cons
Poor management team, poor food quality
Fast pace fun work enviornment
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2017
Fast paced environment and always changing. Good verbal communication is extremely important throughout all positions. Attention to detail is a necessary skill.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Overstaffing
Great team
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Host/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working with my team members! We understood that we were all there to make money, as well as help each other make money. Many of whom are good friends of mine and we had fun working together, but most importantly; got the job done well enough to bring in regulars.
Pros
made lots of money, interacting with guests, team players, cheap meals
Cons
12+ work shifts, worked 6 days a week, worked all holidays, short breaks
Great work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 10, 2017
Everybody worked as a team. Management was amazing always had reward for the top seller. All around great staff. The hardest part of the job was the side work. What I liked most was my regulars that came each and every week.
Fun workplace with great opportunity and management
line cook/ FOH expeditor (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 10, 2017
Working a Chili's was never a dull day. Everyday was a chance to make money and get to take it home immediately. Serving is a constant chance to make as many people happy as you can at once all the while making as much money as u can. As a line cook the money and hours were very consistent. Cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom each night could make the hours change.
Pros
instant gratification (server), flexible schedule, solid money
Cons
inconsistent money (server), demanding short shifts, no benefits
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 9, 2017
Worst possible place you could work unless you were extremely desperate I would not advise ANYONE to work there the money isn't even worth the hassle.
Pros
Cash everyday
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.