Chili's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,642 reviews matching the search
Fun and busy place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 12, 2016
Chili's is a fast paced work environment with a variety of guests. Management was always there to help when needed and encouraged and motivated employees to do the best they could do. I learned how to work in a team and manage time and tasks. The hardest part of the job for me was memorizing the alcohol menu but the most enjoyable part was creating friendships with fellow employees as well as regular guests.
Pros
Half-meals after 3 months employment, flexible schedule
Cons
50+ employees invites the problems of cliques and gossip
Fun place to work and stays busy.
High-volume line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 1, 2015
Good place to work and learn good work pace. Stays busy and time goes by fast. The managers have high standards and are helpful. They keep the kitchen very clean. Good communication between front and back of house.
Pros
Advancement opportunites. Good employees and management.
Cons
Not a lot of scratch perp.
productive and fun place to work.
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 24, 2016
I worked on weekends so I would serve a great amount of customers every time I worked.

It made my people skills better by interacting with a lot of customers every shift.

Management was awesome, they were very flexible with hours.

My co- workers were helpful, they would help me out if they seen it got to packed at the bar.

I didn't find anything to be hard at my workplace, I handled everything well.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact with different people all the time.
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 16, 2016
Chili's can be a great place to work at. If you're a server, you can expect to make a decent living. Our store is located right next to an interstate exit by a convention center which made it highly profitable. However, if you work as a cook you can expect to be under a lot of stress. People are constantly quitting. Like any place, there are some good managers that care and help and some not so good that are incompetent and makes life miserable.
Pros
Frequent contests with cool prizes. Free food if you're a cook.
Cons
Stressful. Little to no breaks.
entretaining and dynamic work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 6, 2016
every day at work is a fun and fast day. I learned about diferent culture when i served the guest that come to have a great evening and watch Copa america soccer games. We the best menegent , their are very pro-employee. The hardest part of my job is when i have to served costumer that have some ascent that i dont understand,but i got great communication skills so i manage to give them the service they deserved, the most ejoyable part of my job is when the costumer give a tip for my service
Pros
high seanson tips
Cons
low salary
It was a great place to make money and my coworker's were wonderful.
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 18, 2015
The management was unorganized, but all in all it is a good company to work for. Advancement opportunities were slow, and the kitchen staff were lazy.
Pros
1/2 off meals
Benefits
A fun fast paced work place
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of seating customers, putting them on a wait list, helping them feel comfortable and welcome, cleaning the restaurant. I learned how to make customers my first priority in the work place and how to make them feel comfortable and welcome. My coworkers were good people who respected me. The hardest part of my job was the fast paced work environment with a short staff. I loved the help customers feel welcome and comfortable.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not enough pay to pay my bills
Chilis
HOST, SERVER-ASSISTANT, AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 7, 2016
A day in that life is hectic. It was constant Chaos. I had many duties that I had to do. There was never one Job and you stick to it. I learned that there are some really mean people in the world. The management was not up to standard there was one. He was constantly being unprofessional. My co-workers were people so it hard to judge them some of them brought their problems from home to work which is always a bad thing and it makes it hard for the other people who are coming there to work to do their job professionally. The hardest part was dealing with people who came there to get free food as their main plan they would be extremely rude. The most enjoyable part would be when we would get together just to hangout. It was nice seeing people outside and how they are different from work.
Pros
50% percent off our meals if we worked more than one shift, The Regional Manager was amazing
Cons
Some of the people. Constantly having drama going on
Allowing guests to enjoy themselves out including helping out everyone in the restaurant
Shift Leader/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacinto City, TXApril 24, 2016
Very high Volume store. Every one worked there as a team helping managing the flow of the lunch and dinner shifts. I learned customer service the most here because I had the job for four years. Became promoted with a bartender job there which I indeed loved more than serving. Also being promoted to shift leader, which is a job title that helps out the entire restaurant under management

the easiest part of this job was my actual job. I had no issue serving people food and making bar guest drinks even freeing up some time to help others.
the hardest job was some of the co workers who did not believe in team wotk and how much easier that would make their job it would slowly become a hassle on the busiest nights.

management team was great when I first started. And is even greater now that we have parted ways.
Pros
hard nwork did pay off with the money i would come home with
Cons
unpromised breaks, not being able to please every one
Amazing management and fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 2, 2016
Working for Chili's was an amazing expierence; I made good friends and had strong, trusted bonds with my managers and my co workers. I learned a lot about customer service and teamwork and the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with all of the friendly customers that entered the store.
Pros
social work environment
Cons
Long hours on my feet
Horrible place to work
Host/Silverware Roller (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 20, 2016
The managers all have favorites and if you're not one of them, don't even waste your time trying to talk to them about any problems or anything else you might need help with. They curse at their employees and make fun of any problems that they may have. A typical work day for me consists of me listening to my coworkers berate each other and curse at one another. I learned to mind my business, do my job and get out of there as quick as possible. The only enjoyable part of my job is when I clock out to go home at the end of my shift. I've worked a 15 hour shift with no breaks or food. WORST PLACE TO WORK, MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE
Cons
No breaks, or food, FAVORITISM
Relaxed restaurant evronment.
Server / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work was fun but also serious when it came to taking care of guest. I learned a lot about chili's and all the benefits they offer you. The management was great and always worked with you with anything you needed help with anything. They treated us as real people and not just employees. The most enjoyable part about working at Chilis was the benefits that were always offered. The hardest part about working at Chilis was carrying the trays.
Pros
Great lunch deals
Good starting job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked at Chili's from August of 2015 to April of 2016. It was a great learning experience but I would like to know that I have an opportunity to advance in the company and have good coworkers that work together as a team.
A typical day is clocking in and going to my work station. Upon entering, there is a huge piles of prep dishes and cookware waiting to be done. There are no dishwashers in the afternoon. On top of that, new dishes were coming in from the evening crowd. I worked hard and diligently to get it done before the rush so I have time to do those dishes, be in control, and finish in time. After the dishes are almost done, I help out with other duties until I can clock out.
The hardest part of the job was the trying to not get frustrated when the dishes were backed up and some co workers would not help out when they were not busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and applying them to my job and my life.
Pros
free meal, benefits
Cons
no room for advancement, handlement of employees
A company that takes care of you.
Server (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 24, 2016
Working for Chilis really can be a wonderful thing as long as you work hard, take care of your guests, and respects your teammates, they really do take care of you. They are flexible in trying to help you in every way possible, and try to "coach" you into becoming a better worker if you don't feel like you could. It's a place to work unlike other companies that want to help you better yourself and at the same time, grow and advance while furthering your career into what you want to accomplish.
Unstable and not organized
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 18, 2016
I worked here for barely a few days, and they couldn't even tell me when I should be into work until hours before hand! This is the Manchester, CT location. They had numerous customer complaints and many people not having to pay for their meals. This is no fault of the staffs but the poor management. I think they would have done better by not hiring until they fixed their GM situation. I left my old job and was promised basically full time hours, so when I couldn't deal with the instability, I was left jobless for months. Don't work here if you need stability.
Main objective was offering a friendly dine in experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 18, 2016
My average serving day usually consisted of having 12 tables during a shift. I learned how to communicate well with others, both satisfied and dissatisfied guests. The managers at Chili's have been there for me since day one and their good role models. The hardest part of the job deals with understanding the menu, but after that it wasn't too difficult. The most enjoyable part was the overall experience I had as a server and the knowledge I took away with it.
Pros
Food was half off
Cons
Few breaks and inconsistent pay
Not really the best job in the industry
Assistant General Manager/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 26, 2016
Chili's is actually a pretty good company to work for, they portray themselves as the best job in the industry, even though it's a pretty good company, far from being the best job in the industry. Don't think upper management have a realistic idea of what goes on in the restaurant due to lack of time with entire staff and isn't consistent in dealing with adversity. Be ready for long hours and stressful times with little support.
Fun environment and people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Bixby, OKFebruary 5, 2016
Typical day at Chili's is fun and easy.
Learned to multitask, manage time, organize and maintain clean work area.
Management was decent, could be better.
Most part, the coworkers are all genuinely kind.
Hardest part is dealing with angry costumer at times.
Everything was enjoyable. the environment, the people, and the food.
Pros
50% off food, flexible schedule
Cons
Minimum wage, not enough hours.
always on the move
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work you never know what you are going to do. I was a busser and I did anything from roll silverware, buss tables, to wash dishes. I learned a lot of things. One of the things I learned is how to manage a fast paced job and get along with management. The management kept you on the move however they did not communicate well with each other. The hardest part of the job was figuring out what they really wanted you to do next. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Fun work plack and great plce to learn
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 7, 2016
Typical day at work depends on if the resturant is slow or busy. We follow the motto to seat our great as quickly as we can, and ensure proper tables are cleaned and santized and floor it swept up. Our general manger is great and always excitied whrn empolyees so their dedication to guest and are willing to learn. The hardest part of the job is when its very busy at chili's and we have to put guest on wait time. The guest can get frustrated when they have to wait and are HUNGRY! The Most enjoyable part I love about working at chili's is that I get to serve people and make sure they are will taking care of.
Pros
empolyee discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.