Chili's
1,449 reviews

Chili's Employer Reviews

hard working job but great pay
Prep Cook (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great friends
Cons: low staffed
it was a hardworking job to do but it made me happy in the end. the only problem was that chili's was short staffed so if having had more employees the shifts would've been less stressful with less amount of quantity of food to have. the amount of food per receipe to prepare was sometimes a challenge but worth the work in the end to know that you can overcome a big demand required of you and to perform it day after day. I feel working at chili's helped teach me essiental receipes that I could use at other food establishments as well. ive learned a lot and thankful that .
Casual upbeat atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNFebruary 13, 2015
Chilis is growing and working toward great things. As a manager you have very little quality of life. Salary is good, but if you break down hours to your pay hourly team members fair out much better. Team members sometimes make their job harder than it needs to be. Managers cook, wash dishes, bartend, wait tables and more, while focusing on guest. Time management for managers can be a challenge due to such focus on labor. When getting team members off the clock leaves management having to pick up slack and can be difficult. Most enjoyable part of the job is guest interaction.
Fun work environment with great people
Expeditor, To-go Cashier, Fry Cook, Dish, Busser (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free food, some great coworkers, good managers, flexible scheduling
Cons: some days can be really stressful, some awful/annoying coworkers, closing duties
A typical day at this establishment starts with going there a little early to have time to eat the employee meal before the shift starts. Once the shift starts, it all depends on the flow of customers that come in. Some days, it can be slow so work is easy; other days, it can be packed so work can be a bit stressful. But a busy day does equal more money. Also, depending on who your coworkers and manager for that day are, it can mean the difference between a busy day flowing smoothly or being a wreck.
Constantly busy
Host/Expo (Former Employee), Dyer, INFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great customers and workers
Cons: rude customers
Greeting people and bringing them to their table. Answering the phones when needed or cleaning off tables. Run trays as needed when customers are busy and stay up to date on product knowledge.
cool place
host (Former Employee), nashville tnFebruary 11, 2015
its a pretty easy place to work especially as an entry level employee I didn't have too many hang ups I just don't know who id recommend age wise but overall I had a good time.
Great teamwork environment, management team could of been better though.
Server (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great discounts, 50% off for you and three other friends.
Cons: no bussers, and often no dishwasher on.
Great serving system that encouraged teamwork amongst servers by having servers work as partners in a larger zone. I learned how to give help but also be able to take help. One of the things that could have been better was the fact that there were no bussers and that responsibility fell entirely on the servers, and I felt sometimes that took away from my ability to spend time with my guests.
FUN
TRAINING MANGER/SEVER (Former Employee), Williston, VTFebruary 11, 2015
CHILIS IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK BUT THEY PEOPLE THAT WORK THEIR, AT LEAST SOME OF THEM CAN BE VERY MEAN AND UNWELCOMING. THEY WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO GO TO COLLEGE AND FAMILY'S BUT IF YOU WORK THERE AND YOU HAVE NO COLLEGE AND NO FAMILY, YOUR WHOLE LIFE WILL BE AROUND CHILIS THEY WILL WORK YOU ABOUT 40 PLUS HOURS AWEEK
Nice laid back bar and grill
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee), scottsbluff neFebruary 11, 2015
Come in make sure money bag had the right amount of money as well as my drawer, make sure everything is stocked ad ready to go for the night/day shift. make sure customers were greeted and taken care of from beginning of the visit till the end and that everything was better or as was at the end of the night.
busy all the time
MANAGER (Former Employee), CarillonFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: burned out
Pay and Benefits are good, You will have a lot of support from upper management but you will have to keep up in a fast pace environment. High turn over rate,
Productive and Formal
Hostess (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: discount lunches, breaks
Cons: no insurance
Working at Chili's had prepared me to be the best communicater with guests. I started as a hostess and managing phone calls, with doing that I had engaged more patience and awesome experience with people.This is a very wonderful place to meet people and enjoy a nice night with friends and family. Coworkers are generous and hardworking. Managers are productive.
Family
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
my time at chilis was a very special time. the people who worked there all became like a family, the enviroment that the team built was second to none. food and service is super easy
fun place to work...great money & management
Trainer/Waitress (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 8, 2015
typical restaurant atmosphere...great money & great group of people. If you enjoy the service industry then this is the place to work.
Chilis at a glance
Bar/Safety/ Service Manager (Current Employee), Dedham, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: salary, health care, personal life
Chilis is growing and working towards great things. As a manager you have zero personal life and work very hard for minimal pay. The day to day is challenging depending on the team members. Managers cook, bartend, wait tables and more, very guest driven and wish to give the best customer service you can. Hardest part of the job is time management and most enjoyable part of the job is guest interaction.
Decent workplace
Host (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Greeting customers as they walk in. Seating them at certain places around the restaurant. Learned how to talk to a group of customers at one time. Co-workers were fun to be with.
....
Hostess (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAFebruary 4, 2015
It's a very nice place to work. Everyone was very friendly. Very fast paced job. Management worked to make sure everyone did there job correctly and as a team.
I want my baby back ribs!!
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: $$$$$$$$
Cons: loved working here!
Fast paced job where I worked lunches Monday thru Friday. Was the main opener of the front of house duties and regularly closed lunch while setting up for the dinner shift
Good People
Cook (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXFebruary 4, 2015
The management here is outstanding. the short time i worked there i learned more than all the fast food work I've done. These people know how to keep people happy.
Productive and fun place to work
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Dining Room Supervisor (Current Employee), Streamwood, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Great place to work. Very flexible and fun environment. Learned organization skills and became good at doing many tasks at once.
Fast paced and good money, with cons
Server (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Its a corporate restaurant, what do you expect. Its what made me want to go to college and further my education. Not a bad job, but between changing locations and the severe difference in management styles, I can only say that there is little to no structure to this business in regards to the every day worker. Also, ever restaurant has the same idea. Good location = good tips.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Farmington, NMFebruary 1, 2015
It was always a fun environment to work in. We all got the job done and helped out. I really enjoyed working there. Management were all very balanced in making sure things got done and making sure our outside lives counted as well. We were given the time off we needed and there wasn't a fight for hours back then.

About Chili's

Be a part of what's trending at today's Chili's. Here’s an idea that will definitely upset the apple cart. The Chili’s – Read more

Chili's Salaries