Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 2,707 reviews matching the search
work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAAugust 21, 2016
Not the best or the worst company to work for. It all depends who you are working for as far as managers go. That's probably the same no matter where you work.
great
Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2016
great time ,great team , atmosphere wonderful company , full days hard but fun work, Best restaurant company to work for ,amazing people.learned customer service
Pros
great team
Cons
Productive and fun work place with family atmosphere
To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2016
I loved working here! It was my first ever job and I enjoyed every single day from my first to my last. Management was spectacular and my coworkers were family to me. Always working as a team to get the job done, helping each other out whenever someone was in the weeds. Sometimes on the weekends I would be scheduled alone on To-Go's and I would get slammed, but my coworkers were always there to help. A great place to work.
Fun environment
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 18, 2016
Great teams with great attitudes. Great place to start your management career. I would look for something more permanent long term but great advancement opportunity and good place to get your feet wet.
Pros
free food, great benenfits
Cons
hours, health insurance
talk in person
HoH Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
Im ready to find new employment soon. A more appreciative, more teamwork, and new friendly faces to be around and a company to grow with. thank you much.
Enjoyable workplace
Host/To-Go/Server (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 18, 2016
Working in a restaurant is not the easiest. When dealing with someones food, you can see a more difficult side of a person. This job has taught me to have patience with people. Although days can be tough, co-workers are very enjoyable and helpful along with management.
Pros
Half off food, meet lots of different people.
Cons
Management (at times), hours
Ok place, great people to work with in a business setting
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 17, 2016
I liked being a part of a strong team and culture. A business, especially a large business, is doomed to fail without strong cultural values and listen to team member contributions. Chilis did both.
Pros
Team member culture
Cons
Longer hours and disassociation of upper management to team member
Relaxed restaurant evronment.
Server / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work was fun but also serious when it came to taking care of guest. I learned a lot about chili's and all the benefits they offer you. The management was great and always worked with you with anything you needed help with anything. They treated us as real people and not just employees. The most enjoyable part about working at Chilis was the benefits that were always offered. The hardest part about working at Chilis was carrying the trays.
Pros
Great lunch deals
Learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 16, 2016
Chili's is definitely a great place to start. I learned the basics when I started serving here and it brought me greater opportunities. There is definitely consistency to working for Chili's because it is a corporate restaurant but it's not for everyone
Not the greatest
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 16, 2016
My work was easy enough to do. Greet and seat customers in a friendly and professional manner. My problem with this job lied solely with the managers. I felt that I worked pretty hard for someone who was just a hostess, I went above and beyond my responsibilities, but all of my efforts went unnoticed. I was looking to advance to serving and I got passed right over, and told that someone who I had been training was getting the promotion that I was seeking.
chilis review
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2016
I've been working for Chili's since 2014 and I love it.
There's always room to move up.
Hardest part of our job as a server is dealing with unhappy/moody guests.
Challenged you every day but was a fun and great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 15, 2016
You were always being tested by the employees but it made you think about who was working for you and with you. It was so much fun with employees, co-workers and guest. The hardest part of the job was the long hours but if you really cared about the people and management staff your hours were long and mine always were. I loved this job.
Pros
Bonus
Fun workplace
Supervisor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 14, 2016
A great job especially if you are a people person. Depending on the location can be pretty lucrative as well. Most regions have annual softball or soccer tournaments between restaurants that are fun and competitive.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 13, 2016
My pay was terrible and the way they treated employees are horrible I was working and going to school catching 2 buses sometimes 4 to get to work just to work for 2 hours because we we're to slow my check was nothing the GM didn't want to give me a raise the hardest part about my job was trying to be satisfied with my pay check every two weeks
Pros
N/A
Cons
No breaks
an awesome exsperince
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAAugust 13, 2016
chilis was a fun place to work an learn new things meet new people management was not always great all the employees got along an always help each other an became friends
Horrible Restaurant
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYAugust 12, 2016
This is a company where everyone tries to act like "a family" but that is not the case. Management says they are "fare" but they are the farthest thing from it. They don't care about advancing anyones career. TIP: Don't get a hosting job here in hopes of becoming a server because it is a long process that is not even worth it. Wait until you are 18 and start as a server, that is where the money is.
Fun and busy place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 12, 2016
Chili's is a fast paced work environment with a variety of guests. Management was always there to help when needed and encouraged and motivated employees to do the best they could do. I learned how to work in a team and manage time and tasks. The hardest part of the job for me was memorizing the alcohol menu but the most enjoyable part was creating friendships with fellow employees as well as regular guests.
Pros
Half-meals after 3 months employment, flexible schedule
Cons
50+ employees invites the problems of cliques and gossip
A busy enviroment. Fast Paced. Your income is soley based on your performance.
Server, Bartender, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2016
I started as a server. I became one of the best and most reliable. I was then trained as a Trainer, and a Bartender. I loved this job. I made quite a few regulars who I still keep in contact with.
This job mandated that you be able to multi task at a very quick pace. In addition to that, the money you made is completely dependent on your work ethic and on your attitude. (Being a hard worker and high-achiever this was the best part.)
Management always helped us out when we needed it, and we were paired into teams to work the floor. Our team members helped us get through the shifts.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job were the same - The fast paced work environment. It took a little while to find my tempo but once I did there was no stopping me.
hectic
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDAugust 12, 2016
too much work for too little pay not disrespectful but sometimes it happens they want you to know everything before you start
Most locations are great
Server, Trainer, QA, Hoste, To-Go (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 11, 2016
This is a fun place to work, and I average about 15-20 an hour. The scheduling is perfect. It is flexable, and the software that Chili's uses is amazing. This is not the easiest job physically, but the company truly cares about the crew.
Pros
The tips are great.
Cons
Some locations, like Huntsville will kill you. That location litterally gave me gray hair, and I ended up on antidepresents.