CHILTON HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Wonderful working conditions
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJanuary 31, 2017
I was a wonderful place to work.. The physicians were great teachers and the staff was always there to assist you Taking call at night was fair and distributed fairly.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Good benefits and generous PTO just not worth it for me personally with the stress. Coworkers were awful and so cut throat. Definitely need tea good atmosphere for me personally
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible coworkers
My experience at Chilton hospital was average
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJApril 25, 2016
The hospital was small and easy to navigate. I never had trouble dealing with co-workers, but I do feel the management was rather lacking. Call bells were sometimes ignored by the staff and bed side manner was poor at times. I learned that the hardest parts of patient care are meant to be learning experiences. Every patient is unique and must be treated a certain way that makes them feel safe and cared for. You could say the hardest parts of the job were the most enjoyable because I learned something from each of them. The difficult conditions and personalities of the patients proved to be new obstacles to overcome. At the end of every day, I felt fulfilled from my work. Touching patient lives is my drive and is what drives me to do my best as a healthcare worker.
Pros
Staff was easy to work with
Cons
Management was lacking
Professional and yet not ridgid
Staff & Charge RN - Acute Care Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJNovember 23, 2015
Chilton's overview of a day was very similar to St. Clare's. Pre-crisis intervention, one to one to educate clients and help make short term goals, medications, admissions, medications, watching meals and collecting silverware, groups when needed, charge work when called upon, which was frequently, observe clients every 15 minutes, if someone's mood was shifting to take them and have a one to one on possible reasons, safety, room checks, observing clients as needed after meals for possible eating disorders, game playing, movie night
Pros
Mostly staffed correctly with proper ratios
Cons
I liked my peers and they had taught me a great deal, as I came from substance abuse and medical background
Life Changing Experience
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJMay 4, 2015
That goes to say its the patients who touch your heart and get into your brain with the great passages. Co-workers for the most part are willingly there for you at any time...Unless its a certain time of the day where reports are exchanged then its a impossible receiving assistance, but that's at every hospital.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Benfits
ER Tech/Registrar/Billing (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJune 7, 2014
Great place to learn and experience new things. The staff is always willing to help each other out.
Meet variwety of people.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJNovember 3, 2013
Start by reporting to tour supervisor and checking my radio with base. Relieve present SO and receive update on day's activities.
Greet parties entering facility and check for proper IDs. Make4 determination where non-staff members are going, if out-patients direct them to proper procedure areas, If visitors provide them with pass and directions to patients, if a vendor have them sign visitor log, provide them with a temporary ID and call the party they are visiting. If a funeral director take them to the morgue and assist them with the deceased. If a difficult situation occurs either in the ED or in another area of the hospital respond and provide assistance as needed.
Pros
Positive feelings in making a difference in someone's life.
Cons
Unsure of future with merger and favoritism towards certain employees.
Pediatrics a rewarding place to work and a good place to start
Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJSeptember 9, 2013
Each department has their own pace and way of doing things, so you have to change your frame of mind completely depending on which unit you are in. As far as advancement, unless you have the right education, there is none, however, your manager will work with you should you want to go back to school. There is also opportunity for tuition reimbursement, as long as it's healthcare related. There is nothing hard about this job, it's just frustrating sometimes. Being the only person in that position in the unit, you think of it as your sole responsibility because there is no one to relieve you at the end of the shift. All of the other units have someone coming in for the next shift, so they're not as rushed to finish everything in 8 hours. Management could be better. There are multiple units being managed by one person, and they're spread too thin, and it shows. I like working here because of the people and it's "safe." Everyone is easy to work with- really nice, unique personalities, and the atmosphere is more relaxed [on Pediatrics]. Chilton also recognizes, rewards, and gives back in many ways. For example, there were many employees affected by the super storms in the past couple years, and the hospital was very generous to those in need.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Cancelled or floated often
Choosing Chilton
Interim Manager IMCU (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJune 5, 2013
I started my career at Chilton Hospital and was able to participate in a clinical ladder. It is a great place to work and I loved my job and co-workers. I have been there since I started my career and the only reason I left is because my family is relocating to Florida. The thing I love most about being a nurse is that there is no monotony. There is something different to be seen and learned each shift and I love that aspect of nursing.
Pros
It is 260 bed facility, where it is easy to get to know your co-workers, The same could be said for the patients as many of them return frequently.
a typical day at work
Evening shift Medical Technologist- Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Pequannock, NJMay 17, 2013
My experience working at Chilton Hospital allows me to apply my knowledge of Microbiology to all hospital business processes in order to ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly. The skills that fall under this category include presentation, data analysis, and knowledge to attending clinician towards point of care testing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHILTON HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

CHILTON HOSPITAL Reviews by Location