CHINESE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great Hospital, Great Staff but you will need a second job
Emergency Medicine Physician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94133August 16, 2017
I LOVE working at Chinese but the salary is low for the Bay Area and I have found you need to supplement your salary even as an emergency physician. I am in the process of looking for a second job now
It's a family here
Staff (Current Employee) –  Main hospitalFebruary 16, 2017
The turn over rate is so low that everyone knows and cares for each other. It is a smaller hospital so you really get to make a difference as part of the team. Patients here are very friendly and appreciate the services you provide.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, awesome benefits, great Chinese food from cafeteria
Cons
Most patients are monolingual Chinese, not a CON, but good to know
Provides excellent healthcare to an underserved community
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Team oriented and fun environment with fun loving staff of nurses and doctors. Pay and compensation is below average for the bay area. Management and politics is damaging.
Family environment
RN (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2016
It's an intimate work place and you get to know everyone. Turnover rate is low. Good work/life balance. Good food around the area.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Working with senior staff could be challenging at times
A culturally competent hospital
Education and Program Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Chinese Hospital is a nice and warm workplace where staff dedicate to deliver accessible quality health care to the Chinatown community.
I enjoy working there.
You do what you have to do to take care of your client.
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2012
Typical 8 hour bedside nuring care, provide treatments, medications, procedures for patients.
I didn't learned anything from there that I haven't already learned.
No comments on management.
No comments on my CO-workers, if I got nothing to say, then I ain't going to says nothing.
The hardest part of this jobs; work two different position at the same time, taking care of my clients and watching over my RN team leaders!
The most enjoyable part of my job is, able to provide medical care to the Chinese/Chinatown communites.