Chino Valley Medical Center

Chino Valley Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Okay company, Bad Management.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chino, CaliforniaAugust 9, 2014
Everything you could do seemed to get you in trouble. Just walking around and talking to your coworkers would get you in trouble. But for supervisors, it was okay to flirt and talk for a long period of time with coworkers. Not a good management company.
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse in the Emergency room (Current Employee), Chino, CAAugust 1, 2014
A day at Chino Valley ER changes on a daily basis and that is what makes it so exciting and such a great learning place. I can honestly say I learn something everyday. From learning a new medication to assisting with a new procedure or be introduced to a new piece of equipment.
The one thing that stands out at Chino is our team of co-workers. I can count on everyday there that I will not be alone and can ask any question or ask for help at anytime, and one of the many great nurses there will not hesitate to assist. This teamwork is unlike any other I have encountered at any of the other facilities which I have worked, been a pt at or observed in nursing school. No matter what someone is always there to help. I think one of the hardest parts of the job is when it gets busy to make sure that every pt who comes in the door is attended to and taken care of in a timely manner. We have one of the fastest turn around times in the ER, and when it gets busy sometimes it is hard to achieve that, and we want every pt who comes in with a complaint to be seen and taken care of the best we can and in a timely manner.
I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is, seeing someone who comes in at maybe one of the hardest or most vulnerable times of their lives, and we can make them feel better by the time they are discharged.
As I stated earlier our teams is unlike any other and management is included in that team. Every door in management is open and inviting.
PBX Operator/Receptionist/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Chino, CAJune 23, 2014
I was always busy in the Emergency Room. I learned to be more fast paced and worked on twice as hard. Multi-tasking was definitely one of the most useful skills that I learned to conquer.
Great place to gain experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chino, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: most of the doctors and staff are great to work with.
Cons: extremely fast work environment and low wages.
Very fast work environment and extremely demanding patients. Most patients are Spanish speaking only. Very hard to gain acceptance as a new nurse. Management favors certain people. Wages are on the low end for Registered Nurse thus the high turn over.
Health Information Technician (Current Employee), Chino CaliforniaJune 5, 2014
I enjoy working at Hospital in Health Information Management. My job involves assigning evaluation and management levels and CPT codes for the Emergency Room. I am knowledgeable in processing the electronic medical records such as preparing the records, scanning and indexing the documents. I am also proficient in handling Medical Records request and keeping everything confidential by following HIPAA. I put 100% effort into my work and I always keep positive attitude to staff and patients.
Great Place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Chino, CAMay 28, 2014
did my externship here everyone was very nice and informative about everything.
Great nursing staff
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chino, CAOctober 10, 2013
The best thing I can say about Chino is that they have a great nursing staff.
Great people
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Chino CaliforniaAugust 21, 2013
Pros: great for emergency healthcare experience and great staff.
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work was never the same which makes for an interesting and fun day. I learned a lot from working here about the healthcare system its components and what real nurses and doctors do. Management of the department was awesome, I only wish all mangers were as good as this one was. The supervisors there were equally amazing. The hardest part of the job was finding time to use the bathroom and eat lunch. The most enjoyable part was working with the staff; doctors, nurses, techs, and phlebs and the team environment that was produced as a result of good management and supervision.
Workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Chino, CAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none.
I worked their 8am -5pm (mon-fri).
Learned to post invoices into the general ledger and matched invoice to the purchase orders.
Coworkers were fairly nice.
Fabulous Clinic for both employees and patients.
Medical Biller/Coder (Former Employee), Chino Valley, AZJune 26, 2013
Pros: office lunches weekly
This was an enjoyable work place. Busy office with lots to do. The owners treated their employees well.
A great place to gain experience into the medical field
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), Chino, CAApril 12, 2013
A typical day of work begins with checking with co-workers who worked the earlier shift what was pending and what they needed help with. Being a part of the Emergency room team I have learned to work with others from various departments while learning to effectively communicate with them. My coworkers each provide strengths to the department in order to enable us to work together. The hardest part of my job is verifying insurances. There are many and sometimes it can get confusing if there is more then one.
N/A
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Chino, CAMarch 25, 2013
Did my extern for phlebotomy here I learned a lot that helped me in my future as a phlebotomist.
Caring and Energetic Coworkers
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), Chino, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Interdisciplinary environment, exposure to administrative and clinical tasks, friendly and interesting coworkers.
Great learning facility.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chino, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: slow pace, good staff
Cons: hours, benefits not great, pay isn't what should be
If you'r fresh out of school this is a good place to work. Slow tempo, not very much work sometimes.
Small hospital
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Chino, CAJuly 3, 2012
This hospital had a few nice people. Most co-workers were very "clicky". My manager showed too much favoritism for those who would simply flirt with him. EEUWWW!!!