Chino Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management
Nursing staff (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Worked for more than a decade. Management was great back then. Everyone was treated with respect and fairness, there was no favoritism. The nurse manager they now have, has no experience, enjoys bribery, favorites the wrong ppl, and is an airhead.
Pros
Poor Management
Cons
Poor pay & benefits
Productive,Challenging,Rewarding
Patient Account Registar (Current Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 12, 2015
The ER is a unpredictable place to work, It can be stressful but yet rewarding
Being from Europe, Learning to work with different cultures,Is a enrichment
Making the smallest difference in a patient s day, Is one of the most enjoyable part of my position
I believe, Patient recovery is influenced by the state of mind
I have learning to appreciate life while witnessing some of people s tragedies
I am blessed to have grown professionally and personally in a highly recognized Medical Institution, with supportive management
Benefits
Cons
compensation
Family Oriented
HIM Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 16, 2015
A typical day would be fast paced work with friendly staff that encourage one another. I've become so close with my coworkers one year later and I still keep in close contact with them. The hardest part of the job was letting it go. I had to do so for family reasons and at the time they were unable to give a pay raise or full time work. Dr. Lally cared about his staff and does his best to take care of all departments.
Pros
Monthly BBQ's, small hospital
Cons
Salary
Love the workers
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 21, 2015
I love my coworkers. lowest paying hospital around. excellent for just starting out in the field. Benefits are not good.
Love working in the ER department
CPT I (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 9, 2015
Management seems as though there is a lot of favoritism. Management need to communicate better with employees and learn to not give false promises or false intentions.
Pros
Great Hospital experience
Cons
Needs better management
Not enough hours
Front desk/operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Management wasnt great.The managers son worked there and he'd get most of the hours.Everyone that worked there just seemed miserable.
Okay company, Bad Management.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CaliforniaAugust 9, 2014
Everything you could do seemed to get you in trouble. Just walking around and talking to your coworkers would get you in trouble. But for supervisors, it was okay to flirt and talk for a long period of time with coworkers. Not a good management company.
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse in the Emergency room (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 1, 2014
A day at Chino Valley ER changes on a daily basis and that is what makes it so exciting and such a great learning place. I can honestly say I learn something everyday. From learning a new medication to assisting with a new procedure or be introduced to a new piece of equipment.
The one thing that stands out at Chino is our team of co-workers. I can count on everyday there that I will not be alone and can ask any question or ask for help at anytime, and one of the many great nurses there will not hesitate to assist. This teamwork is unlike any other I have encountered at any of the other facilities which I have worked, been a pt at or observed in nursing school. No matter what someone is always there to help. I think one of the hardest parts of the job is when it gets busy to make sure that every pt who comes in the door is attended to and taken care of in a timely manner. We have one of the fastest turn around times in the ER, and when it gets busy sometimes it is hard to achieve that, and we want every pt who comes in with a complaint to be seen and taken care of the best we can and in a timely manner.
I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is, seeing someone who comes in at maybe one of the hardest or most vulnerable times of their lives, and we can make them feel better by the time they are discharged.
As I stated earlier our teams is unlike any other and management is included in that team. Every door in management is open and inviting.
PBX Operator/Receptionist/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 23, 2014
I was always busy in the Emergency Room. I learned to be more fast paced and worked on twice as hard. Multi-tasking was definitely one of the most useful skills that I learned to conquer.
Great place to gain experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 11, 2014
Very fast work environment and extremely demanding patients. Most patients are Spanish speaking only. Very hard to gain acceptance as a new nurse. Management favors certain people. Wages are on the low end for Registered Nurse thus the high turn over.
Pros
most of the doctors and staff are great to work with.
Cons
extremely fast work environment and low wages.
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Chino CaliforniaJune 5, 2014
I enjoy working at Hospital in Health Information Management. My job involves assigning evaluation and management levels and CPT codes for the Emergency Room. I am knowledgeable in processing the electronic medical records such as preparing the records, scanning and indexing the documents. I am also proficient in handling Medical Records request and keeping everything confidential by following HIPAA. I put 100% effort into my work and I always keep positive attitude to staff and patients.
Great Place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 28, 2014
did my externship here everyone was very nice and informative about everything.
Great nursing staff
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 10, 2013
The best thing I can say about Chino is that they have a great nursing staff.
Great people
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Chino CaliforniaAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work was never the same which makes for an interesting and fun day. I learned a lot from working here about the healthcare system its components and what real nurses and doctors do. Management of the department was awesome, I only wish all mangers were as good as this one was. The supervisors there were equally amazing. The hardest part of the job was finding time to use the bathroom and eat lunch. The most enjoyable part was working with the staff; doctors, nurses, techs, and phlebs and the team environment that was produced as a result of good management and supervision.
Pros
great for emergency healthcare experience and great staff.
benefits
Workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 5, 2013
I worked their 8am -5pm (mon-fri).
Learned to post invoices into the general ledger and matched invoice to the purchase orders.
Coworkers were fairly nice.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none.
Fabulous Clinic for both employees and patients.
Medical Biller/Coder (Former Employee) –  Chino Valley, AZJune 26, 2013
This was an enjoyable work place. Busy office with lots to do. The owners treated their employees well.
Pros
office lunches weekly
A great place to gain experience into the medical field
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 12, 2013
A typical day of work begins with checking with co-workers who worked the earlier shift what was pending and what they needed help with. Being a part of the Emergency room team I have learned to work with others from various departments while learning to effectively communicate with them. My coworkers each provide strengths to the department in order to enable us to work together. The hardest part of my job is verifying insurances. There are many and sometimes it can get confusing if there is more then one.
N/a
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 25, 2013
Did my extern for phlebotomy here I learned a lot that helped me in my future as a phlebotomist.
Caring and Energetic Coworkers
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Interdisciplinary environment, exposure to administrative and clinical tasks, friendly and interesting coworkers.
Great learning facility.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 7, 2012
If you'r fresh out of school this is a good place to work. Slow tempo, not very much work sometimes.
Pros
slow pace, good staff
Cons
hours, benefits not great, pay isn't what should be