Chipotle Mexican Grill
1,377 reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill United States Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced Workplace with a lot of Teamwork
Crew Member (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, shifts feel shorter (because you're always busy!)
Cons: Short to no breaks, can be high stress
Work at Chipotle is fast-paced. The job you are given is always important and crucial to the success of the team. Overall, a great experience for lessons in working with others and working in a high-speed environment. Management, at least at my store, is great.
Opportunity for advancement, no job security
Crew (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for advancement
Cons: Poor management work ethic
If you enjoy a fast pace work environment, this is definitely for you! Busy locations, long lines, lots of food preparation and cleaning. They train you on what you need to know, but not for too long! you must be a fast learner. Management is okay. What the company stands for is great but it doesn't always match with what's really going on in the restaurant. Co-workers are great. They are very helpful. They are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not What It Says It Is
SERVICE MANAGER/KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 2, 2015
The people who can do the job get to follow those that cant and when you get tired of the "politics" you get shown the door. I don't want to get too far into it, but they don't give breaks like they should and they snake overtime hours to save face on labor.
exciting workplace
cashier (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHMay 2, 2015
Chipotle is a very popular restaurant and I enjoyed working here. My managers took their time to help me get acquainted and the job training was very helpful. I was able to get all of my questions answered and even though it was a very fast paced work environment, the training I received made it all fairly easy.
Chipotle
Customer Service (Current Employee), Valencia, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: hours
A basic day at Chipotle involves customer service, patience, maintaining organization in a timely matter. The job its self is not difficult for the most part prepping is extremely easy because your provided with measurements to make the food. Management is horrible when working with student.
I loved my job
Cashier and Line (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: my boss forgot to give me breaks
Listen customers' orders and made sure the line was clean. In line, had to either cook tortilla chips or make salsa depending on the schedule. As Cashier, clean the dining area, bathroom, patio and the parking lot. Ring up each of the customer orders.
Amazing company to work for.
Apprentice General Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, MOMay 1, 2015
Chipotle is one of the greatest companies to work for. Potential for advancement is almost limitless. The work culture and the people you with with are upbeat positive people.
Very fun and chipotle teaches you great culinary skills
Service Manager (Former Employee), FloridaApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free meals, Great culinary skills a given
Cons: Lose your job if you dont want to advance position with them
Befor chipotle i had no knife skills or knew much about cooking. Chipotle transformed me into a great leader with culinary skills that i could pass down to furture employees who seeked a future with the comopany.
fast paced industry with rapid growth
General Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2015
Pros: free meals, free uniforms, good healthcare
Cons: short if any breaks, can be stressful
While working at Chipotle, each person who works there feels like family. Management truly cares about the crew and wants them to suceed.
Great spot if your looking for mexican food thats healthy.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), California, CaApril 29, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was cooking great food for awesome customers. This job gave me a lot of skills on how to run a restaurant.
Fun Workplace, Great Company, Good memories
Team Member (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Great People, Awesome managers, Great Work Culture
Cons: Slammed constantly due to popularity
One of the best places I have ever worked. Despite most fast food places filled with horror stories, this was an actually pleasant and amazing experience. The Message behind chipotle and its goals are honorable and create a great work culture. The group you work with is always an amazing liter of people with unique individuality and not only make great friends but also excellent workers. Not only is the food good but the job is as well. Would recommend to students, young people looking for a good place to get opportunity, and any fan of chipotle food.
Wonderful environment
Service Manager (Current Employee), Westborough, MAApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed working here very much, great people, lots of hours and growth opportunity. Recommending to anyone looking for a good starter job.
porductive and very fun place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free meal when working 50% off when not
I loved working at Chipotle. The team is amazing, like a 2nd family. You learn that Chipotle employees take pride in their work and how they do it. They are all top performers
Fast paced work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and drinks
Cons: Standing for 8 hours on concrete
A typical day at Chipotle starts around 8 a.m. for morning shift. There are different positions but mines consist of either frying chips or making the salsas. If I fry chips it takes about an hour to make about 6-7 hotels, which they will last until shift change at 3. For salsas I have to make anywhere from 4-18 of each one. I have to make sure that I measure out the ingredients correctly or else they could taste wrong. Then, after I am done I have to wrap them then store them in the front cooler.
Productive and Fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is usually long, fast paced and busy
I learned working at chipotle requires patience when working with a lot of customers at once
The hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done in a decent time frame
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers everyday
Exciting and fast paced environment
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), deer park, nyApril 27, 2015
Up beast and fast paced environment, Work together as a team, Great customer service skills learned, along with manager skills, and leadership roles.
bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 27, 2015
I had a good time in the beginning. The story changed once management changed. It went from a kosher work place to a feast or famine. It was very unprofessional sense of competition between all of the crew members in order to climb their way to the top of the food chain. Unfortunately, through all of the unhealthy work behavior, everyone had been let go.
Positive Experience
Cook (Former Employee), Cleveland ohioApril 26, 2015
Pros: Free food, close to home, Tattoos and Piercings
Chipotle was a great experience for me because it was my first job the co-workers and managers were easy to get along with and always willing to help, i was able to move around all the job the Chipotle had to offer from line server to cook witch helped me gain a lot of great experience.
repetitious
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2015
Chipotle tries to install characteristics into their workers but the atmosphere when you come into the restaurant is very redundant and does not uphold what the company as a whole stands for.
Overseeing operations
APPRENTICE (Former Employee), 649 S. College Ave Fort Collins Co 80525April 22, 2015
Pros: Tips, free meals. great benefits, relocation, work holiday parties
Cons: working long hours 65-70 hrs, always having to be perfect, having perfect cuts sizes. Crew members not showing up for their shifts, always being short handed. Summers not enough hours given to work, do to it being slow.
Lead a team of top performers to achieve our vision by setting high standards and accomplishing our goals and removing obstacles as they arose to accomplish that vision in every opportunity I’ve had
Daily preshift meetings. interacting with co-workers and working together as a team. The jokes and laughter while working. Always seeking constructive feedback.Hardest part- turnover really high. keeping our labor down. Always had to explain why our labor is too high. making a schedule to fit every ones training and done in two weeks ahead.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Salaries