Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 4,131 reviews matching the search
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 26, 2017
Chipotle is great place to start off at. You learn a lot of things that can further you in any other job you go to. On top of a great work experience, you get great pay with benefits.
fun workplace with excellent work preparation skills
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 26, 2017
I would recommend anyone to work at Chipotle, the way they treat their employees is unlike any other "fast food" restaurant. Not only do they make the experience great for the customers, but allow for many promotions and their employees success
Pros
paid breaks, excellent customer service training, friendly staff
Micromanaged
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 26, 2017
Seemed at first a fun place to work, but too much looking over the shoulder from managers and cameras watching staff. Ended up not being fun and a drag to come to work everyday. Left the company earlier than I intended.
Pros
Free lunch while on the shift
Cons
Micromanagers, inconsistent policies
Productive yet lack spirit
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
A typical day involved prepping all the food. Everything was fast paced, but the workers lacked energy and were always negative towards the job and others. The managers were more demanding and lacked the "leadership" qualities that chipotle represents in each of there managers.
Nice food
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJune 26, 2017
Really good food. Very small menu but the options are explosively guaranteed to satisfy every inch of your taste bubs. Everything is fresh and smells wonderful ready to serve!
Pros
Good food
Cons
Sanitation
Work here if you are a student
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 26, 2017
I liked working here when it first opened but as time when on the stress levels became to much for me. I had small kids to take care of it wasn't flexible enough to allow me to take care of them or appointments. There was a very high turn over rate. Management was fair most days it depends on who was there that day.The job however is good for students and people that want a part-time job.
Pros
Free meals for every 5 hours worked, and %50 off carryout meals.
Cons
You would be lucky if you got a break.
fun workplace great people
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 26, 2017
I think chipotle is a great place to work. They train you fast and well to do your job efficiently and correctly. I met a lot of amazing people here and learned a lot.
Pros
free food, caring managers, advancement options
okay
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 25, 2017
was okay to work at , got free food when we worked and half off meals when didnt work. went by pretty fast and you meet a bunch of people and you get repeat customers.
The Aurora Location is bad.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, INJune 25, 2017
From inexperienced managers to the favoritism that was played when I worked there im shocked that they still have employees that want to work there. The shifts were bad and not well run. I worked there for 11 months and was told many of times that I would start training for a promotion and then it would never progress even though I was training for the position still.
Fast Easy Money
Cashier/ Line / KMIT (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 24, 2017
This is a good job for first year college students and during high school. Its fast and easy money. Simple job, just have to have a strong mind to handle everything at times.
Fun, fast paced
Crew member, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2017
Everyday is usually a fun fast paced work day. I mostly enjoyed working with the people that comes in and out of the restaurant. I always learned new skills and elevated myself from time to time. Especially those around me, I love making my co-workers better.
Pros
Free lunch
Great Company
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 24, 2017
My only complaint is the manager doesn't work around my family. I have kids and they don't seem to understand that. I have even taken the time to introduce them to my kids and they still schedule me on hours that prevent me from being with them.
Pros
Paid breaks. Free food on breaks
Difficult place to work for
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 24, 2017
Chipotle has incredible company with amazing standards. However, the company is changing their standards and procedures rapidly. I learned that in order to move up within the company you have to be curious and have to want it more than the person next to you. Working hard will not cut it. Management is very flexible with school schedules, but will give you a lot of hours if the work is needed. Hardest part of the job is being able to apply all the techniques and procedures that is expected of you. If you cannot catch on and you do not apply yourself, you can easily fail. It can be difficult, but one must apply themselves completely.
Pros
Free lunches, Paid breaks
Cons
Long hours and Strenuous work
Productive, friendly workplace.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJune 24, 2017
Management works well with school schedules or any upcoming events. Not really a duty specific work environment, mostly crew members who are crossed trained to work any position and time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of strong communication
Productive, fast paced, fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 24, 2017
As a Chipotle employee, all positions are fast paced, but also fun. As long as everyone is working as a team, production can be quite beneficial to both the employee and the consumer.
Pros
Free food, discounted food, good benefits, scholarship opportunities
Cons
Can be stressful at times, very physical job.
Great first job. Taught me a lot.
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJune 24, 2017
It was great working here. So so much growth opportunities available in the company. Many of my coworkers began management training while I was there.
Pros
Free meal for every shift, Paid 30 minute break
Cons
Very fast paced, a lot of pressure when the lines are out the door
Very fun workplace to grow within the company.
Take Out Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CAJune 24, 2017
I enjoy my job very much, my favorite part is to come in a feel a happy vibe in the atmosphere not only on our team but our guest. Creating a relationship with our guest giving them great customer service is what we do, let them know we care about each and every single one of them. I enjoy bringing that kind of service with my team.
Good at first but managers started being disrespectful.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
I started working there when I first oved to Vegas. At first it wasn't so bad, but in the last few months it hasn't been so good. I started getting treated like I was a child from different managers. When I would bring it up, the GM would shrug it off like it was nothing. I let hem know my complaints ad left he company. I wasn't the only one that had complains, but I was the only one that would voice them. Because of this, they thought it was only an issue with me when that was not the case.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Cut off 15 minues before 8 hours so they wouldn't give breaks.
Company culture started good, but changed
grill cook (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 23, 2017
Specific location that I worked at twice, was a great atmosphere to work in my first time around. The second time I returned a year later, the atmosphere was different. Specifically, management changes had taken place and it seemed like things were not as good. Rotation of people coming and going.
Pros
Free food, 401k, potential for advancement
Cons
Management styles, worker turnover
work your way up fast
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 23, 2017
It's a easy job to move up the ladder. However you do more than the job description. Hard work but could also be fun with he right team. a pro is you get free food with extra guac ;)
Pros
benefits, free meals
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews by Location