Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,568 reviews matching the search
hit or miss
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
if you can follow the company's values you will succeed if not you will be let go quickly turn over rate is kind of high be prepared to contribute your all most managers don't care about what is going on with you
Ideal job for the right person
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 23, 2016
Good for teenagers or adults who want to move to management. They were always pushing for people to move up and become managers or supervisors. I also didn't like that I had to work around so many teens. Overall I think for the right person its the ideal job with great benefits, It just wasn't for me, they were always cutting my hours expecting me to waste my time and come in for 3-4 hours everyday.
Pros
Free food, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Too many teenagers as employees
U enjoyed working at Chipotle alot.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  brentwood caAugust 22, 2016
I really like working at Chipotle it was always busy so I learned how to work really fast under a lot of pressure. All my co-workers were very nice and caring and we always helped one another.
Pros
fast moving
Fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 22, 2016
It is a very good place to work part or full time job also if you are willing to excel and to turn something more they help you motivating to improve any of your skills.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Salary
Productive, but not very friendly to workers
server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
It was a decent job that got me thru the time in order to start looking for something better. I only started working there as a temporary job until I could find something better.
Overall good company to work for. Oftentimes it's very challenging yet rewarding work.
Apprentice General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2016
Chipotle is a great company to work for if you're the type of person who enjoys a challenge. The hours can get long being a fast casual restaurant. Don't expect much of a work/life balance. Overall the work is rewarding when done right.
Pros
Free meals, tuition reimbursement, on the job training and career advancement opportunities
Cons
Long days
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Chipotle is a wonderful place to work. Co-workers there will treat you like family as soon as they meet you. It's a great environment but the only downfall was the managers. They're not so good at organization and putting people where they need to be when rush hour comes everything needs to be organized so people aren't running back and forth making their job harder than it has to be
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
No Benefits
Horrible management and a lot of favoritism!!!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 21, 2016
The worst job I have ever worked!!! The manager show a lot of favoritism. They are very judgmental but, claim they are so positive and understanding. The managers at the Flint location is not even fit to be managers. They don't even know how to be professional or not to get so flustered when we get a bum rush of people!! Most of the managers are rude especially to the blacks. They are understaffed and they don't even know how to treat the new workers that come in. A lot of people have up and quit. They ALL gossip about each other like little high schoolers. But, claim they are drama free and so positive. I do not recommend this job for no one. The way they treat the new people that come in they just expect you to do all the work. A lot of them are lazy and complain how they don't like they job. They show a lot of FAVORITISM!!! So watch who you associate with because if that person don't like you they will try to get you fired. The managers will go off what their favorites say.
Pros
Free food for lunch
Cons
Bad management, favoritism, rude, and not professional.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  800 Washington ave se, minneapolis, mnAugust 20, 2016
Good job, good opportunity for grow up , I learn everything, kitchen , line food , cashier , dishwasher, I love this job for many things, just really fun work
Great Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDAugust 19, 2016
First official job. It was a great experience. Great people to work with. Everyone works as a team. Everyone have each other's back. I was a working student. My managers were pretty understanding.
Best job ever
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 19, 2016
i loved working at Chipotle, the managers were amazing people and the employees were just as great. my job was a grill cook, so i cooked all the food for the line.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
short breaks
A place I would not recommend to anyone.
Everything (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 19, 2016
I was supposed to be working with mature adults, but it felt like I were working with a group of managers who were immature and prematurely promoted. The managers are terrible trainers, each of them teach you a different procedure then criticize you for not doing it their way. I would hear them talk about how bad other employees are but would not help them improve. They also use new employees to pick up their slack since they feel that their superiority grants them the benefit of slacking off. The managers do not lead by example.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible training, and management.
Learned a lot
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 18, 2016
Good food, fun coworkers, clean work environment, fast paced, room to develop and move up, the management could have been better. Our GM would close the store to yell at us in the back of house.
Pros
Free food, good hours.
Cons
no breaks..
Everyone Should Work in Food! Chipotle is Still a Fast Food Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAAugust 18, 2016
Great learning experience when working in food, however Chipotle is no different than any other fast food employer:

1. Terrible pay
2. Long hours
3. No set schedule, so it changes every week, sometimes with just a few days notice
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, Short Notice schedule, fast food
Office Assistant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 18, 2016
I was a Manager Assistant for almost 2 years. I loved my team . We became restauranteur with a year. Chipotle has a great working environment.
An interesting and varied workplace.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
Hard work, comes with benefits such as school reimbursement, healthcare, and food. Caters to customers, will not always be the most encouraging circumstances. It does improve character and work ethic.
Pros
Free food, paid breaks
Cons
Not enough time for breaks, poor management team
Very relaxed workplace with a great work enviorment
Crew Member/Prep/Grill (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 17, 2016
I come in and clock in. I say hit to everyone and check my prep sheet to see what i have to do that shift, check the amount of dishes there is and start working as soon as possible to get my work done on time.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedules, great management
Cons
N/A
Food you can be proud to serve
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2016
Chipotle requires a unique management style. General Managers are not as focused on numbers as they are on the culture of their store. This is a great concept but can be very taxing.
Pros
Free food, locations everywhere
Cons
There is little to no work life balance
Great Place
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
Its hard to start working at Chipotle, its highly demanding but its totally worth it, people are really nice, the culture that they have its amazing, fun and loving.

I love working at this place and i would recommend to anyone
Pros
Free Lunches, 50% of purchases
Cons
Short Breaks 30min
awful place and horrible management
Cashier, server, prep cook (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 16, 2016
ive worked at chipotle for over 2 years honestly that place is full of empty promises .managers over work their workers for the pay that they are getting ,the management is horrible managers are very disorganized no type of order

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews by Location