Chipotle Mexican Grill
1,539 reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Ok place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free food, paid half an hour break, free food, lots of overtime, free food
Cons: be over worked and under paid, crazy work environment
Pretty cool place to work, it can get crazy at times but if you have a good team that day to can go by fairly quick. At times the dining room can get really messy just cause it'll be short staffed that day and not enough people to keep it clean. Overtime was cool but by the week of the week you'd be so tired and burn out. Management was pretty chill at my store, as long as you did what you had to do they pretty much let you be.
typical day
Crew (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good pay, good hours, good customers, good co workers
Cons: poor management, unorganized
i enjoyed the customers and the staff i worked with closer to the end of my employment i started to dislike the general manager and the kitchen manager.
crew
Crew (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2015
Very High energy/upbeat work enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks and free employee meals
Cons: n/a
Its a very fast paced work enviorment, and business. I learned great customer service and people skills, food safety and prep. All of my coworkers we treated we equal respect.
Great food and fun place to work
Take Out Specialist Manager (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJune 30, 2015
On a typical day I would prepare the tortilla chips and taco shells for the day. Then I would manage my own station for online, fax and catering orders to ensure timely pick up.
I learned how to prepare and follow recipes. Also learned to adhere to sanitation and cleanliness guidelines as well as how to be a great team player.
I truly enjoyed helping out our customers to ensure they have a great experience while making sure they were completely satisfied with my service.
Amazing company, focused vision
Service Manager (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 30, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, free food when working
Cons: stressful, sometimes hostile work environment
I love my job with chipotle! i really have enjoyed making people better than and changing the way people think about and eat fast food. I encourage anyone who wants to move up quickly into management and anyone who has management experience to apply for the job. It has helped grow as a person and increased my work ethic.
Very fast paced, fun enviorment
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2015
I absolutely loved working for this company, they strive to make sure you do your best and they WANT you to advance in their career.
productive and fun workplace
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches; 50% off meals any other time; health care; paid breaks
-fast paced
-fun environment
-great team
-great management
-great customer service
-hardest part is how fast paced it is
-best part is how much fun you'll have
Working at chipotle helps you build bonds with your crew.
MANAGER (Former Employee), Malibu, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay was great
Cons: shoes were not so comfy
A typical day at work would be training my crew, help guest with any questions. I`d give them a tour of our menu and explain how it works.
I have learned how to make schedules, how to run a shift, how to make food orders and take inventory. Management is great they give you all the support you need to move up with the company.
My co-workers are helpful always asking questions to get the job done correct and for them to train others to be great. The most enjoyable part of the job is arriving to work and everyone ready to help all hands in and have a great shift.
I have an awesome time working each and everyday
Service Manager (Current Employee), elk grove/ caJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch/paid breaks
A typical day for me is making sure my team is being lead by an empowering supervisor. I create an uniquely extraordinary restaurant experience for my customers and crew. I am a top performer always making people better by leading by example. Ive learned so much from working here. I learned about everyones different personalities and how to deal with them. The enjoyable part to deal with at work is that our environment is special and that we all care for each other as a family. There was no job that i couldn't handle therefore I feel like there was no hard part in my job.
Good place to work if you put in a lot of time there.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 29, 2015
Pros: Supportive crew, good food, fast advancement
Cons: short breaks, very fast paced, easy to make mistakes and ruin something
I worked prep most of the time so my day consisted of preparing all the food except for the meat and rice that would be used as the day moved along. Being the new guy I spent a lot of time doing dishes, the more time you put in each week at Chipotle really decides what job you get stuck with. Because I went to school full time I never really got out of dish work by working 3-4 days a week. I would usually work opening shift and I would often arrive on time but still have to wait 10 minuets before the manager would finally arrive and unlock the doors so I could get in and work. It would then be a mad dash to make up time before the lunch rush as getting the restaurant started takes a lot of time. The work always felt very rushed unless you worked closing shift. I was fortunate to work with a very supportive and very skilled group of people who could pick up slack when needed and support anyone new to the job. Which is good because there was a constant stream of new hires and fires or people just quitting. There were a good ten people who have been there for years (including managers) but there were always another 5 new people that would alternate shifts and seemingly pop in and out of existence. Chipotle isn't really a job for someone who wants to go to school and work, they will work their scedual around your study but if you put school first you'll feel left behind when it comes to promotions. I worked there for a good six months and have seen new hires become managers in half the time I worked there while I was still stuck doing dishes. If you want to do something other than just one job at Chipotle you need to put in all the time you can and work there full time.
Fast-paced workplace with free food
Cashier (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free Chipotle
Cons: Fast-paced
Fast-paced environment but with fun coworkers. Management is good at running place, but not so supportive. Expected to know what to do without being asked.
My favorite job of all times
Prep/Grill/Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2015
easy to be considered to be advanced in the company. pay is what I wanted to make and the hours of operation weren't really late. I enjoyed working with all the people there we got work done but we also had fun as well. we had some issues with changing managers often but other then that it was a great place to work for.
Fun People, But Not A Great Environment
TAKE OUT SPECIALIST/CREW (Current Employee), Warrenton, VAJune 29, 2015
As much as I love Chipotle and their vision and how much of a people culture they are, the location I worked at was not the greatest. A typical day at work for me consisted of coming in at either 7 or 8am. I made salsa or guacamole, and if I finished early I'd help everyone else finish up their tasks so we could go on break on time. Which almost never happened. I'd work the line all the day and deal with customers in a polite and friendly manor. I've learned many skills that are useful for when I cook at home, but I'm not entirely interested in cooking much now since I work 5 days of the week with food. Management is...okay. Some managers are preferred much more than others. While I love my General Manager, he is not the brightest crayon in the box. My co-workers are alright. While they have good qualities, their not so good ones seem to out-weigh what I do like about them. For me, there isn't really any enjoyable part of the job, being that the environment is very stressful, hectic, and overwhelming. You never leave on time, there are always things to be done, and it doesn't matter what you do. A good chunk of the people there will never be satisfied with your work. Love the company, but not the location in which I worked at.
fun productive work place
crew member (Former Employee), orlando flJune 29, 2015
It was fun going to work, a typical day consisted of going in with coffee waiting for the crew, some tunes to start out the day and nothing but hard work and dedication for the rest of the day. everyone always got along and it was fun and fast paced; always something to do.
Manager shift leader
Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Fun working enviorment
Cons: Short hours
Trained new workers on various stations. Adjusted schedule to workers needs and store hours. Insured customer satisfaction.
Productive and fast paced work place
Crew (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Chipotle was arriving at 8:00am to prepare the day's food such as salsa, guacamole, and the chipotle vinaigrette At 10:45 we would open the store then I would keep an upbeat and good while helping customers and preparing meals for customers based off their verbal orders. My coworkers were all in good moods and there to help when I needed it as I was there when they needed a hand. The whole crew works very well together.
very productive and amazing people
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2015
the job at chipotle was consistent and repetition its a ongoing day always making sure its running smoothly when I started I was a dish washer and moved up my way threw the stations until supervisor.
I learned how to run a business and communications skills it was a great experience. co-workers was like a family there always helping each other and once a week we set meetings how to improve and grow. hardest part of the job it was to have other locations on the same page. the most I enjoy was the hours and the quality of work it was a great fun enviroment
Great place to work part time.
Crew member (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, paid breaks
Cons: Short breaks
you have to be a leader and not a follower. Have high slandered in any task that the manager give to you some managers do some dont.But either then that it is a great place to work part time.
Cross training/ Line cook, Food Prep, Team lead
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJune 27, 2015
Cross training/ Line cook, Food Prep, Team lead
Cross training/ Lin cook, Food Prep, Team lead

A great place to work with a great staff and fair management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Salaries