Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employer Reviews

Fast pace and friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJune 29, 2014
As soon as you walking in, you're on the move. It can be a little overwhelming if you don't have patience when it gets busy. Everyone helps each other out.
TOP Performers
Kmit (Current Employee), njJune 28, 2014
i work at chipotle now for 1 year…. at first it was just something for me to make income until i got back on my feet… but later i found out that we had bad management in the being, and everyone was running the store their own way… but once we had gotten rid of the bad apples from the store, everyone is working as a team to be a Top Performers, my store – more... is planning on being on the restauranteur store, which mean better pay for everyone and better uniforms … not only that but we love each other were a family, that the best part. having a close family at work is the best cause they make sure you are going to be successful, yes chipotle is hard on mangers only because they what them to be successful and able to run the store with any problems…. i don't know where everyone is working, but i do love my store in Ramsey nj, you only drive to get food you needed if you ran out and it be the mangers that would get those not the crew… plus they make you learn leadership and values which you can take it with you…. best place to ever work… you can be moving up in the company fast, this is the only place that will give you health care, accidental death, 401k, and even has a chipotle stock which is high which means it going great... – less
Fun and structured workplace
Catering Manager/Take-Out Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2014
help manage store, handle food and catering orders, handle cash.
Fun fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch and discounts
Cons: unorganized
Good place, good people. Really enjoyed my experience but there was no room for growth within the company so I left.
Job overall
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 27, 2014
I really liked the job and everything but the two things that stuck with me was being told to call back every week for on call and never getting anything and being told later about meeting quotas when you are doing prep.
Fun, and Relaxing Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 26, 2014
• Spoke with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service
• Rectified guest complaints quickly and efficiently.
• Ensured management of daily cash accounts
• Trained new staff members to work as cashiers
Good food
Grill master (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2014
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there, They don't care about your personal life at all. They over work you daily and sometimes will not give you a break.
Productive and excellent place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible hours, healthcare benefits, multiple promotional opportunities
Cons: n/a
Working at Chipotle taught me great work ethic and how to work productively and positively with a team. After only a month, I received training in every position including cashier, expeditor, tortilla, salsa, dining room, and grill. I enjoy every minute of my job!
Really enjoyed the atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough compensation
Everyday there was something new to see being that the job was located in downtown Kansas City, Mo. there was never a dull moment.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, tips, great staff, great customers
It was always fun to come to work. Everyday started slow on register, but the same customers would come in, and they'd eventually start coming in because they became my friends as well. I learned how to have fun and get work done at the same time. Management was awesome! They were nice, motivating, encouraging, and I truly felt they wanted to see the – more... best for me and the other co-workers. The co-workers were really understanding and encouraging as well. I looked forward to going to work. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with rush hour and also dealing with impatient customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming into work everyday knowing you'd make someone's day a little bit brighter. Plus work was fun there, it was always exciting waking up to work. – less
Cashier/Prep/Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2014
I typically worked 10 hour shifts and the work was especially draining. However, I enjoy customer service and respected that the restaurant was selling a delicious product.
Too monotonous.
Team Member (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 23, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: sometimes you had enough time for a break.
I remember being extremely excited to begin at Chipotle because I was really into their mission. The atmosphere seemed really fun to work in as well. However, once i started i quickly realized otherwise. The company had lured me in with under the false pretense of quick promotions and the flexibility of the job. I learned quickly that neither was true. – more... We sometimes had a break in the morning if we finished ridiculous amounts of prep but more often than not we only had five to ten minutes to prepare and eat our food for the day. We stayed on the line for hours and had to wait hours for restroom breaks. This was my worst experience in a job ever. – less
Cashier (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJune 22, 2014
Pros: free meal, discount
I really enjoyed my time at Chipotle. It is a typical fast food restaurant in the sense that you do the same things at the same time every day but it wasn't too bad.
Energetic fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Twinsburg OhioJune 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, ability for a flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks, dissatisfied customers
A typical day at Chipotle Mexican Grill is very hectic and fast paced. Although it may be hectic it teaches you great work ethics and how to manage time very well. All of the managers and co-workers work together as a whole team to make the day productive. I would say the best thing about working for Chipotle is the customers that come in and actually – more... getting to know them on a friend bases. – less
exhausting, fun at times,
Cashier- Crew Member (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2014
count cash drawers, prepare food, cashier, make burritos or bowls for people, clean when the restaurant closed.
fun place to work
Servise Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch and pay breack.
its really nice to work for this company they have a lot of opportunities and the co-workers are really nice too. the hardest part of the job is to deal with customers, and remember faces and rders.
Very demanding job
CASHIER, CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 19, 2014
Pros: free food only if you eat inside of restaurant
Cons: way too stressful/ demanding
They ask for a lot. The managers were not that great at actually managing and they purposefully give the harder jobs and make you do more things while working than the average worker there if they are trying to get rid of you. you have to "Meet it or peak it" if you peak it, you are fired. Did not happened to me but I saw it happen a lot of times.
chipotle
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa,okJune 17, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: no hours
slave drivers. worked under some lazy management that would take away hours if they got "mad" at anyone
Productive and fun working place
Restaurant Team Member Crew (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: paid break and health benefits
Love the people i work with, great team work and always learning something new.
productive workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
There is always a task to do at Chipotle. We have a deployment chart which shows and lets the crew know what station they have to complete. At work, although we are very busy we always manage to get our jobs done. We are great at elevating our team and spreading the culture to all members.

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Photos