Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 2,663 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced Enjoyable Place to Work
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 2, 2016
Working for Chipotle was a lot of fun. All that was required of me most of the time was to learn how open and operate the restaurant, keep it clean, finish my work in a timely manner, and stay busy. The worst that can be said about the particular location I worked at was that most of the management team mishandled its employees and was disconnected from them.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly and helpful coworkers, great worklife balance, and benefits
Cons
Out-of-touch local management.
Productive Workplace Centered Around a Strong Culture
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIAugust 7, 2016
If asked about my experience working at the Chipotle in Middletown, RI, I would say that I am very fortunate to work there. Every member of the team cares about how well we do on a daily basis and embraces the culture that the corporation has created.

The only complaint that I would have is the lack of being able to move around in job responsibilities since we are often understaffed. This results in placing a higher importance on training people that would stay and specialize in one position, rather than creating a mobile atmosphere, which would be able to help when specific team members ask for vacation time.
Pros
Free Meals while Working
Cons
Short Breaks, Inconsistent Leave Times after Closing
frying chips and taco shells
tortilla fryer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 24, 2016
I would fry chips and taco shells and stock the area and prepare the food to service the customers before we open at 11:00. I would stay on the line and greet customers as they walk thru the door and put there order together for them and tell them to have a great day. between the hours of 12:00 to 1:00 we have peek hours and we have to be an ace in our place and not move and look forward and smile and greet the customers
Fast paced environment while maintaining a fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work included a knife and a cutting board. Slicing, dicing, prepping, preparing while thinking 3 steps ahead was taught in chipotle as well as keeping a smile and relying on your crew. Making sure there was a flow created to keep the pace steady. Keeping a safe, fun and sanitary environment was key. Training and making sure your crew felt cared for was especially important.
Fun environments to work in and grow as a person.
Kitchen Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2016
When i go to work, my job is to train new hires and lead through empowerment by validating my coworkers on their capabilities in the work space. Since I'm in training to be kitchen manager i have a lot or responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is keeping a smile when you have to deal with multiple personalities and customers. The most enjoyable part would be working with nice easy going people who i get along with very well as well as when we teach each other new things and watch each other grow.
Overall good company to work for. Oftentimes it's very challenging yet rewarding work.
Apprentice General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2016
Chipotle is a great company to work for if you're the type of person who enjoys a challenge. The hours can get long being a fast casual restaurant. Don't expect much of a work/life balance. Overall the work is rewarding when done right.
Pros
Free meals, tuition reimbursement, on the job training and career advancement opportunities
Cons
Long days
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Chipotle is a wonderful place to work. Co-workers there will treat you like family as soon as they meet you. It's a great environment but the only downfall was the managers. They're not so good at organization and putting people where they need to be when rush hour comes everything needs to be organized so people aren't running back and forth making their job harder than it has to be
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
No Benefits
A fun challenging environment.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 13, 2016
A typical day at Chipotle mexican grill is very fast paced. I learned how to properly run a restaurant and lead through my team. Management was great and there's plenty of opportunity to move up. The hardest part of the job is the high turnover rate, making it hard to properly run shifts. The most enjoyable part is the bond between coworkers.
Pros
free meals, 50% off on off days
Cons
No breaks, high turnover rate
Great place to work. It was a good learning experience, my manager give 100 plus %, and that made us give the same. Really good work ethics.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 22, 2016
99% of the time our day run smooth, very busy but wee work hard as a team.
I learn a lot about the company, from the way the meat was race to how it was process.
The hardest part of my job was, to stay at one position when I see so many other things that needed attention.
The most enjoyable part of my job was, the way wee all work as a team. Like a family.
Pros
free food, great work envirement
Cons
no overtime, I wish that they give us 12 hour shifts.
High energy environment; hard work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 24, 2016
Chipotle is a great place to work, especially for those who have a lot of energy and are interested in working on a team. It's hard work, but it pays off. Growing in the company is easy, and management can be rewarding. However, it can sometimes take more time than you wish it would, given that it is a restaurant, and the stress can become a little much at times. Overall, however, a great place to work.
Negative work enviroment
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAJuly 18, 2016
The demand and workplace was the least of my worries. I thrive in high energy enviroments. The staff was horribly crude to me, they push the idea of bettering eachother by positive enforcement and encouragement but any good energy the give you they quickly take away with insults and harassment. Also was over worked many times off the clock and told to keep quiet about it. Employees were not trained properly including myself and were held accountable for our mistakes despite our training. Also people were promoted without being ready due to favoritism and wanting more money.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor conduct all around
Productive and motivating work environment
Crew Member/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2016
I learned time management skills, teamwork skills, and gained better customer interaction skills. Everyone works long hours at this job, typically 9 hour shifts. My co-workers are some of the hardest working people I know and I have established many friendships from working here.
Pros
Free meals, great people who work there
Cons
Standing in the same spot all day, lots of repetition
Good if you're best friends with the GM
Kitchen Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 9, 2016
Management is a huge problem here. GM was dating a coworker and very biased towards everyone. When concerns were raised, everyone was lied to about it. Too many managers in training and very little organization. No one was ever on the same page. AM vs PM shift feuds constantly. Overall the work itself was easy. High standards for food despite quality of products not being that high. Chipotle likes to pretend they care about people and being natural etcetc, but it's all a publicity stunt. They're just like any other food service corporation. Do not be fooled by their facade. I quit because of all the pettiness within management; nothing ever got done.
Pros
Free lunches if you work at least 6 hours
Cons
Poor management, overworked, hypocritical
Top-tier work environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJuly 18, 2016
Requires intense work ethic, full time attention to detail, and a positive work environment. I learned to work with a positive attitude, and provide excellent customer service. My co-workers made the job much easier. It was very fun. The hardest part of the job was working at such an intense level nonstop.The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the crew.
Pros
free lunch, school reimbursements
Cons
prone to injuries due to strenuous work.
Fun place to work in with music to keep us motivated and going.
Restaurant Crew (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of many different objectives and assisting co-workers if in need of help. Management was rough, too many in training and none agreed with each other. Great people to be around and work with though. Made me feel like a part of the crew immediately which led to very enjoyable work days.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extremely short breaks, too many people giving orders.
Exciting workplace with Poor Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 15, 2016
Your day was always planned out when you walked in. If you were learning a new positing you would get shown what to do, but not well at all. You had to learn as you go, but in a fast paced restaurant it is not effective when you are just left after being told once and have to keep asking questions. My co-workers were my best asset and I didn't like going to management for questions. I did however learn some things, although the hard way. I learned how to effectively work with my crew and communicate. I also learned valuable customer service skills as well as how to handle cash.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Horrible Training
It was fun to work at but it was ran terribly.
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2016
I had a lot of fun working at chipotle but that was the problem, there was no productivity. All of the managers were people i went to high school with and they all acted like they didn't know what they were doing. it took an entire month for my application to go through because they forgot i applied and deleted my application. They define the word unprofessional
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
A productive and fun place to work where food is absolutely delicious
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 15, 2016
Chipotle is an extremely popular place for our customers and always busy. Chipotle is staffed with pretty good employees, the front line is always neat, smiling, and ready to prepare orders to customers in line in a very professional manner. The hardest part about the Job is having to give feedback to an employee who is not doing a great job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning how to prepare great food.
fun, busy work environment surrounded by great people
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 9, 2016
- a typical day involved prepping/cooking food; training new hires and current team members; developing potential future managers; helping customers as quickly and efficiently as possible
- the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with great people every day and that there is such focus on always creating a fun, positive, and happy work environment
Management at chipotle
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 13, 2016
Working for this company was fun at first and i neverminded how hard they said you were going to have to work. But the overall staff was drama filled especially the managers. I felt like they could've been more understanding of people going through rough times like they said they would be. Advancement in the company seemed fast as long as they favored you some otherwise most of the hard work you do will go unoticed more often than not. The culture and the companies ideas are in the right place but i think they need to reevaluate alot more who they hire and move up to certain positions.
Pros
Free meals for both breaks
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews by Location