Chipotle Mexican Grill
1,037 reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employer Reviews

fast pace busy
Server/cook (Former Employee), Monterey, CAOctober 8, 2014
I like working with the people customers providing great service and working as a team to complete the daily task
Good place to work anlearn about their culture
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VA 23320October 7, 2014
Pros: paid lunch breaks and free food.
Cons: no short breaks
We start our day at 7AM to prepare our foods and ingredients for our daily customers. We make all our own salsa, cut our own vegetables and herbs. We cook only naturally raised free range meats with no hormones or additives of any kind. The management team are great they support each employee and empower them to make a difference. The co-workers support – more... one another as well. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone to work together to accomplish a common goal due to age and experience differences. – less
Not as pleasant as they presume.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: organic based company
Cons: not a stable job; few hours
Long busy days
People skills
Not on top of things
Overall good people
Dealing with mistakes
The customers
Great Workplace With Amazing Diversity
Restaurant Crew (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great job!
Cons: i had to leave due to medical problems
Chipotle was a wonderful experience for me. The employees there were so diverse, and their customer service skills were superb. Even a typical day at work could be interesting. I learned more food handling skills while working with my managerial and crew staff. They were all very lovely amd interesting people.
had fun sometimes even though its a business first, it all depends on management.
Team Member (Former Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 6, 2014
I was lucky enough to have good management and co-workers to make this an enjoyable job. You have to make the best of it, busy and fast paced so your always busy and day usually flies by.
Fun and good environmental place to work
GRILL COOK (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TexasOctober 5, 2014
This place was enjoyable in every way, from the customers to the food.
Great career advancement oppurtunities with a not so great work life balance.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Wayzata, MNOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great career advancement, great people, many oppurtunities to learn new things.
Cons: not so great training program, bad work life balance.
I learn a plethora of things working for this company and had the opportunity to try many new things. However, if you want to go far you do not have a work life balance it is all work, work, work. I met many great people and made life long connections here and enjoyed almost every day I went to work.
Chipotle
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 5, 2014
The work is kind of heavy if your working and going to school. but you do learn how to cook and you make some great friends. there are some great befits as long as you are thinking of making it into a career.
Productive fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, 50% off when not on the clock
Cons: short breaks
Chipotle was an incredible place to work. It was fun and enojoyable and the culture they have in the workplace makes it so unique to any job I have ever worked before.
Productive and wonderful place to work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful work enviornment
Creating the ultimate dinning experience for both customers and crew alike.
fun place to work but horrible hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: breaks, discounts
Cons: benefits, poor hours
Dont work here they dont provide no type of hours and low pay smh. Other than that if a fun place to work if youre into fashion.
Great place to work when you had great people over you.
Apprentice - Acting GM (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioOctober 3, 2014
Pros: chipotle was great at giving certificates and coins for free meals
Cons: management don't review video footage thoroughly before reacting to situations.
Chipotle was a great place to be and I looked forward to making it my career. I started as crew and within a year, i was an apprentice (asst. store manager) and acting GM within a year and a half.
A typical day at work - fast and friendly work place. Put on your running shoes and positive mind, it goes a long way with customers. I was part of management – more... and never had an issue with anyone until I was transferred to the last location. Some MEN are threatened by a strong woman, especially a women that will find a positive in all negative situations.
The hardest part of Chipotle was trying to get the crew to buy into something that even you didn't believe. My facial expression never changed but body language may have.
The most enjoyable part was the customers and the crew. I sure we all face some that are horrible, but most of the crew under me and most of the customers were great.
Out of all that I faced, I must say that "A Positive Mind" can take you a long way, despite the obstacles that you or others may place in your way. – less
Fun workplace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Pacific BeachOctober 1, 2014
Customer Service
Helpful co-workers
Prep, cook food
Wonderful, understanding and help managers
Days can be hard when we are short-handed
Apprentice (Current Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: interact with a lot of people
Cons: slow depending on location
Great place to work with many opportunities to progress in rank within the company.
Need a great support system
General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good people, fast pace
Cons: no support from training
Fun environment, training lacks, no support from corporate, most training done at home or on the fly
Not Recommened
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), SanduskyOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: terrible managment
The company lacks in people culture the tend to keep drug addicted personalities in the workplace.
Good place for hard workers who don't have a need for outside life.
Crew/Cashier/Take Out Specialist in Training (Current Employee), Centerville, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: above minimum wage, good hours, great experience for fast paced food service
Cons: long hours with little reward, hardly any time for family, school or other jobs, extremely stressful, hard to keep job
I've worked for Chipotle for the last 6 months and in that time my life has surrounded nothing but this job. Consistently working long hours with poor training and a high turnover rate. Its great work experience at a fast pace but not something for someone looking for a first job.
Fun place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Although you are physically doing the same thing over and over again, everyday was a new adventure at chipotle. My managers were great, they are very patient and always ready to motivate everyone.
Opportunity
Manager (Former Employee), NYSeptember 30, 2014
Great Opportunity for growth and fun place to work.

Learned a lot on how to become a better leader. The hardest part was the Job Work/Life balance.
fun fast paced work environment
Cashier/ crew member (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: low pay
prep early morning chopping, mixing, cutting, dicing, frying and cleaning with great time management skills. Be prepared for lunch rush no moving from your spot 2-3 hrs.of scooping, spreading, folding , tossing and raping burritos.

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Photos