Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 4,294 reviews matching the search
Food Service
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Maintain cleanliness, prep and serve food. Take customers order, prepare meal. As a cashier you are responsible of your personal register, verify amount at the end of the day.
Fun people, horrible work.
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 20, 2017
The other employees are the best part of the job, I've made so many friends working there, the only downside is the horrible work, the less then stellar pay, and the rude customers.
Pros
paid sick leave, vacation days.
Cons
food service
Job isnt for everyone
Bristol - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 19, 2017
I did not work here for long but in my experience its a fast paced job but doable. The coworkers that i worked with wasnt the nicest and thats the worse part of the job . You want to go to work to feel comfortable not hating each other.
The job was a very fast paced experience. You always need to be aware of what's going on around you.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 19, 2017
Personally, I do not think Chipotle is the best way to work. The management is not very good. They do not appreciate all of the hard work that their employees put in and they do not give a lot of opportunities to grow and be a larger part of the company.
chipotle
Store Opening, Superb Customer Services, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 19, 2017
the food is great, the benefits are great and the crew with the exception of the general manager at the ventura location are great. other than that management is lazy on training people and only promote the "favorite " employees. not all locations are like this one but until the GM is gone this store gets 3 out of 5 stars.
Pros
free food only while clocked in
Cons
occational unfair treatment
very fast paced and fun.
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 19, 2017
Chipotle was great to me I started as there take out specialist and i ended my career with a Service Manager title. Restaurant life is definitely time consuming and you feel like your living there at one point or another. However I absolutely loved working here but at the end of five years I decided that I needed a career change with having a second baby and all.
horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10038July 19, 2017
it was horrible,the manager angie from maiden lane she made it a living nightmare. She yelled for no reason and she never actually worked she just sat there and hung out with her friends like a careless manager
Fast pace, flexible hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 19, 2017
Co-workers were amazing, had very flexible hours for students, very fast paced, and energetic. It's definitely a job for those who are looking to gain some experience in restauranteur.
Pros
free food, free apparel, flexible hours
Cons
repetitive work
Productive and Fast Paced
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJuly 19, 2017
Workday started at 7am for morning shift because of morning prep. Night shift ended at 1am sometimes because of clean up. Most people would not be able to go home at the end of their shift because we had to wait for the night shift people to come.Management played favorites sometimes. Customers were always rude, but you keep your head down and keep moving. I did make a few decent relationships,mostly because of how crazy the environment was.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks got cut down to about 10 minutes
Very productive, fun & friendly place to work.
Take Out Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 19, 2017
This job was special because they implemented work/food culture so heavily on us, they hired people who had these 11 characteristics that all had to do with how friendly & happy of a person you are, how you are work oriented and how much you care about things being done the correct way and how you go about that. The most enjoyable part would have to be not only cooking, but the people I got to cook with & for.
Poor Everything
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  South Lake, TXJuly 19, 2017
Management is poor. I felt treated like a lifeless robot who feels no pain. Poor communication: managers don't call members when schedules are being undated within 2 week and schedule request are often ignored. Members who do a poor job or don't follow company policy are not let-in go because "we need all the help we can get", followed by a poor performance and disappointed customers. DON'T WORK FOR CHIPOTLE.
Pros
Free food every day you work. Tips.
Cons
Everything else
working with real people making real food
Kitchen Manager in Training (KMIT) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 18, 2017
chipotle is a very fun place to work at. they way you make food there makes you think twice about going out to eat to another fast food place. learning different recipes and trying out new food was always fun.
Pros
free meal
Cons
pay was not enough
Very Productive and very well organized
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 18, 2017
Place is very organized and has a good sense of balance. Work is done quickly and efficiently. The job itself was not very enjoyable as often you are left alone to tend to jobs that you have not been taught yet. Co-workers were often lazy and management would often have favorites.
Pros
Free meals per shift
Cons
Constant employee turn outs
productive but has a many areas of oppurtunity
Service Manager/kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2017
A typical workday at Chipotle consist of prepping and maintaining a high level of guest experience. What I learned from there mainly was how to manage and be a team player. The workplace culture was OK for my first two years there but as times change and staffing , it comes with different attitudes , new protocols, changes in health codes etc. The hardest part of the job was getting the new hires even some old employees to understand the importance of building a future within the company. Mainly without having a pipeline of dedicated employees to move up means no change in effect. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the reaction of happy guest leaving on a full stomach
I still love Chipotle food
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
I loved working there and getting that hands on customer service but the crew was not really mature and people were stealing our personal belongings. TThe manager was really nice but wasnt really on top of everything like she should have been.
Fast-paced and fun work environment
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJuly 18, 2017
In my opinion, it was an excellent first job. It was very team based and speed based. I learned a lot about customer service and how to handle certain situations. The hardest part of the job was trying to go faster when I cared more about presentation rather than speed. The best part of the job was either the other people that worked there or the rewarding experience of bringing a smile to peoples faces.
Pros
Free food/ Excellent benefits/ Good pay for fast food/ Management cares about their employees
Cons
Too fast
Fun workplace, looking for new hires. You learn everyday. Good customers service skills.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2017
You can easily become manager if you work 100% every day. After a week the jobs become easier and you will be switched between stations. great experience for future careers. Tuition reimbursement, benefits, free meal, paid breaks, 401k, vacation time, holidays off.
Not what I was expecting
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 17, 2017
I love chipotle but working there is not the experience I thought it would be. It was a bit disorganized and it was a stressful area. The demands were high for the way they treated there employees
Pros
Free meals, pay, hours
Cons
Management, stressful
Great Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company because i learned all my management skills here. They showed me and taught me the true meaning of management, leadership, and working together with a team.
Pros
Management Team
Use you than throw you aside
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2017
With chipotle easy advancement. Would refer if you just have a job and looking for a career. A lot of hard work but your success depends on you. Once you crack management totally different story.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews by Location