Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employer Reviews

Fast Paced, Fun Work Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: workload around lunch
It can get hectic on lunch hour depending on your location but overall you'll have fun meet some interesting people & enjoy where you work. Well... at least I did!
Team work!
Crew Member (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 14, 2015
A fun place to work when management is in place. Co-workers were fantastic!
Great Fast Food Job
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Hadley, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, tips, paid breaks, sense of accomplishment
Cons: don't always get a break, long shifts, hard work, low wage, rocky management, favoritism
Chipotle Culture is probably its best and worst characteristic. They love young people, so much so that they will promote them long before someone with other or more job experience, and they do take care of you.

Many bonuses of the company include Free food, Paid breaks, Tips, and an obsessive mentality thats sure to draw you into to their high energy, often exhausting style of work. All the food is hand prepared starting as early as 6 AM and comes with its unique set of standards that include cut sizes and time expectations. In other words you need to be fast and precise if you want to have any hopes of surviving past Crew Member.

Some downfalls are that, in a high volume store you can be at work as late as one in the morning, and be expected to come in the next day to open. Shifts can also be up to 16 hours long if you work a double, which you will be asked to do more often than not.

overall this is a great job for a young person (precollege) who loves a lot of work and a lot of Excitement and is just trying to save up some money. (the free food helps a lot) However if you are looking for a nice laid back sort of environment, or a part time job while in school. I would seek elsewhere. This is a career path more than a part time job.
Fun work place when there is great team work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch and paid lunch break
Cons: no information on policies when you get hired
help customers place there orders.
I learned patience
My co-workers were great
working 12 hr shifts and having to be at work at 7:00 am the next day
Interacting with the customers and crew
horrible
Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2015
chipotle is a horrible place to work at, you can show up to work and maybe an hour after you clock in they send you home they promise you all these hours but never give you them. They never keep their word on anything
Productive and fun workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch, 50% off grate hours, tips
Chipotle Mexican Grill is a grate place to work at, It offers grate benefits as well as direct deposit. You get a free meal when you work, or 50% off if taking out. The team is grate everyone is in communication as the customers are ordering freshly made food all the time the kitchen is constantly working to have fresh food for the customers. From lime white and brown rice, to black or pinto beans. Along with chicken, barbacoa, asada, and tofu with spices. and cant miss the fajitas. You can make your self from a bowl, tacos, burrito, quesadillas. I learn how to work in a fast environment and at the same time give your best attitude to customers and keep them happy. I learned how to make a corn salsa. Best guacamole worth every dime. Do more than one thing at a time, and have fun with it.
great teamwork.
cook (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: always free lunch, the managers are always nice, health insurance, all types of benefits.
Cons: no comments
a place where you can work and have fun at the same time with your teammates. great work experience. such as prep, marination,salsas, lettuce, the grill, chips. etc. everything is great.
A place of opportunity
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Granada HillsJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hands take a toll when cutting everyday
A fun place to work. The management team is great and really care about the employees. This company promotes from within which is great.
Chipotle was a job with alot of opportunity and a fun environment.
Manager/Apprentice (Current Employee), cincinnati ohJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: being able to create opportunitys for great people!
Cons: working unlimmited amount of hours sometimes.
A typical day at work was coming in and opening up the restaurant. I learned how to run every aspect of the restaurant. I learned things like recruiting, writing schedules for the crew members, Doing audits for the restaurant and just the financial aspect of running a successful restaurant. Management was very rewarding because I was able to be a great example and leader for my crew members each and everyday! My coworkers were always eager to learn and get ahead in the company which made me job easy. The hardest part of my job was working more then twelve hours a day sometimes to make sure the restaurant ran smooth. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to create amazing opportunity's for the crew members. By training them and motivating them it made them reach there biggest potential.
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis MoJanuary 8, 2015
My typical day is very stressful, but I work better under pressure.
Hard physical labor
Crew Member (Former Employee), North Ridgeville, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, poor management
I would fry several batches of chips in the morning before customers arrived. When it was time to open, I started the customer's orders off by asking them what they would like to eat and then beginning their order like a burrito or bowl. I learned a lot about time management. I had some good managers and some poor managers. Didn't like being screamed at for doing nothing wrong. I got a long with most of my co-workers. They tired keeping a fun atmosphere, but the language and hard physical labor was absolutely ridiculous. The hardest part of the job was their need for perfection. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers have a good experience.
fun place to work, great people always, something to do.
Kitchen manager/crew (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay
typical days where busy and fast paced. i learned a lot about myself working here. Management was fair and co-workers fun and enjoyable.
Ok!
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2015
The job overall was very good with fundamentals as for the management; unprofessional at times.
They can be very unprofessional in the manner of the way they communicated with employees and peers. Need to really improve in this area.
saticfactory
Grill cook (Former Employee), Clovis Ca.January 7, 2015
Pros: positive work enviorment
Cons: had none
I had worked in a fast pace environment Food Service before but working for Chipotle was a challenge I welcomed. The crew was helpful my first few weeks. I started as Kitchen Prep and helped on the grill a couple hours every shift. This is where the challenge came in, but the staff and crew pulled together encouraging me until I perfected my skill on the grill.
Great food and fun enviroment
Food Preparation/Cook (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule, great coworkers, fun work enviroment.
Cons: hours of work, pay rate.
Even when it was busy this was typically a stress free work zone, Co-Workers were great and fun to work around. The management essentially did make the jon sometimes harder than it needed to be and the starting pay and hours were not that great but still a fun place to work.
Very busy all the time
Food Prep (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2015
This job was fun because the people I worked with nade it very enjoyable but this is not my cup o tea. This place is busy all the time!! Very little time for down time and very little room for mistakes
A good place to work, especially when on break from school.
Crew (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Chipotle is a good starter job. They are always looking for fresh faces to serve food to the customers.
Great new people to encounter there as co-workers.
Catering/Takeout Specialist (Former Employee), Dayton/Englewood, OhJanuary 2, 2015
Working there was like working at home. It taught me more about how to care about the things i put in my body, how to check food temps, use measuring tools for recipes, and how to manage a store. Co-workers were like family, and let you glance on how others live in life. The hardest part about working there, was not smiling. the energy it brings to give a customer a smile after a long day, makes you feel great! The best part of the job, was being told i was someone to look up to there. Being giving a chance to manage my own section of the store was a great experience!
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Crew Member (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, New YorkJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: being in a friendly environment with workers and managers who cared.
Cons: not always having the time to complete certain tasks, or getting the help from others.
It is a friendly, fast paced and energetic environment. Typically all the workers, and managers get along, and can have a conversation if time permits. I enjoyed the culture that Chipotle has, they want a fast-food experience but a 5-star restaurant one also. They hold high standards for workers and customers and treat everyone equally.
Opposed to other food places I have worked, they have a lot more incentives for their workers, and treat them more like humans instead of just another disposable worker.
I learned a lot about Chipotle's goal, their organic style of food, and more customer experience.
I would say that the best part of the job is when it was busy, and you had top-performers, so then the line was moving quickly and efficiently even though there were countless customers.
I believe the hardest part of the job was doing cashing, only because in that position I was expected to do several other jobs and multi-task in a difficult environment. At points it would be impossible to do all the jobs necessary for the position, and not always was there help
Workplace
Crew (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2014
fun environment
great people
hardest part is opening prep on time

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Photos