Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

The company has changed
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 8, 2017
I worked at Chipotle back when the culture was new and they cared about their people as well as their customers. I felt this shift before the end of my time there and then chose to move on.
Fast-Paced and fun to work.
Grill, prep cook, cashier, line worker (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, OROctober 8, 2017
It can be sometimes stressful and sometimes fun to work at .
You have to be fast on prep. and on line with costumers .
The good managers are not there anymore .
Salary not worth the amount of work that had to be done.
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 7, 2017
At Chipotle there was lots of work to do that was not worth getting paid minimum wage. The company expects too much for working at a minimum wage paying job.
Pros
Free employee meals. 50% on meals on days off.
Cons
Too many procedures to follow.
Fast Paced enjoyable place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, OHOctober 7, 2017
It was very fast paced takes a lot of dedication and time to make it in the company.The hardest part was the amount of time i was away from my family.
Pros
Great benefits, free lunch
bad enviroment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 7, 2017
people wont cover shifts and if they do will cancel
managers dont care about your life
will ask you to work off the clock
if you need time off your hours will be docked after that
Stressful and underpaid
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2017
Pay is not well with the amount of work and stress that they put on you, underpaid is an understatement. Management just doesn't care most of the time
Very Relaxing Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 6, 2017
I loved working at chipotle. They are a very friendly place to work at! The conversations, team, food, EVERYTHING is excellent. I have learned a lot at chipotle.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long lines for cashiers
Loved paid breaks and free employee meals!!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2017
It took a while to getting used to the fast paced work style that chipotle demanded but overall my experience was amazing I enjoyed the paid breaks and I enjoyed the free employee meals given every time you worked.
Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDOctober 6, 2017
Chipotle is a great start for anyone looking for their first job. It's a fun place to work, with an awesome workforce and an amazing sustainability culture.
Pros
Good place to make friends.
Cons
Management can become unsync with responsiblities.
Management was severely lacking
CREW (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2017
The store I was in differed from the others. In particular this store was very poor in management it was improperly designed for the volume of clients it received. However the culture that once stood in the beginning was unique and very well designed. My experiences are biased because of the management waves and cycles the high turnover rates and incompetence. In other stores they had everything right they this includes but is not limited to: ergonomics, culture, proper training, well staffed, competent managers.
Pros
Food
Cons
Low pay for demands at crew levels
Stressful
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 5, 2017
I probably had the worst luck with this company. I worked for several different locations in several different states. I had managers that were stealing from the company and countless other things I can't talk about here. When we contacted our area manager they brushed it off. I worked very hard at this job and there was no room for growth.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Work/Life balance
Too stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
At my store I was expected to do way too much for too little pay. I had no chance to advance and room for growth was the reason I started working there in the first place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks if you get a break at all
Poor management
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 5, 2017
Wouldn't at all recommend working here!!! The management is very poor and they do have their favorites even if you are more of a hard worker than anybody else. Co-workers are very rude and if their sick they'll come to work without anybody telling them anything. People don't fallow guidelines at all they do what they want and yea you get free food but after working there you'll get sick of it fairly quickly. If you are to bump into any problems don't bother talking to managers they don't care what so ever about their employees just call corporate and get them reported. GOOD LUCK!!!
Pros
Food
Cons
Poor management & rude co-workers
Productive, weird, and cultivating
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2017
Chipotle is a great place to start if you're interested in culinary or restaurant management. Management overall is okay but could use more organization with the new changes that come frequently from corporate.
Fun enviroment
Crew (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAOctober 5, 2017
At chipotle they encouraged you to talk about the company as well as advance in the company . There was a-lot of room for growth there and you can only advance from with in the company . I can say that they do care about their employees and their costumers .
Chipotle was wonderful
CHEF (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 5, 2017
I worked very hard every morning and felt unappricated. I was the only grill cook who would get her tasks done on time every morning without fail, but I was still told I had to improve somehow. No one was pushed as hard as I was. I loved being pushed, but it was blatantly unfair seeing as no one was doing as well as I was.
I enjoyed working at chipotle, but I felt my skills were better utilized at another establishment. I left chipotle to work At Cabarrus Country Club as a chef.
Pros
One free meal no matter how many hours worked.
Cons
No breaks.
Good work enviornment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEOctober 5, 2017
Chipotle is a fast paced job where you will need to always have a sense of urgency. The company puts emphasis on making sure everyone understands the vision and culture of the restaurant.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor pay
Stressful, but rewarding.
Apprentice, Senior Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAOctober 4, 2017
If you're able to keep the stress from following you home, the job isn't that bad. I was not able to do this, however. The culture is incredible, and is one of self-improvement. It is only healthy if everyone invests in that culture, however.
Hard But Worth It
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2017
My experience has been great overall. When you are employed here you just have to be willing to do the work. The overall culture here is great despite the recent issues with the business. Everyone here strives to be the best and serve the highest quality food in their area. Food safety here is important and if you can't keep up it's best you leave.
Great work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 4, 2017
I loved the job it had some great people there but the management wasn’t great, I got a lot of calls on my days off during the week and I didn’t like that very much.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Long hours and calls on my days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.