Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 2,882 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 30, 2016
Overall a great company to work for and I am grateful for the time I worked with this company because I have learned a lot through the years of how to safely prepare, cook and serve food. I gained tons of customer service and management experience thanks to this company. I highly recommend this company to work for and to be apart of their culture.
Pros
Family like culture and extreme care for emloyees, customers and the food and resources they work with.
Cons
Not for people who can't keep up with a fast pace enviroment
Great atmosphere, yet horribly overwhelming for a first job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 30, 2016
I was a cashier at Chipotle Mexican Grill. I loved the environment, I loved my job, and I loved the people most of all; however, the management didn't care as much for their employees as I would have preferred. While attending high school from 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., they had me scheduled from 3:30 p.m. to close every night I worked, which was entirely too much for my workload, and I didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. I lost 10 pounds, had 5 severe panic attacks on the job, and slept for 18 hours straight the day I quit because I was so exhausted. The Chipotle I worked at was brand new, so my review only highlights the one month that I worked there, but it really is a high-stress job that could be rewarding if you truly have what it takes and you don't let your managers walk all over you. Good luck!
Pros
Free employee meal, 50% off
Cons
Exhausting
Fast Paced, Positive, Family
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CANovember 30, 2016
Working at Chipotle was my first job. I started there in 2014 and stayed there for almost 3 years. I quickly moved up in the company being promoted once a year by showing leadership skills and willingness to teach and learn from other people.
Pros
Benefits, friendly coworkers
Productive and fun workplace.Everything just looks so good. When the Chipotle employee asks you what else you would like, it is extremely difficult no
Grill Chef (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTNovember 29, 2016
We prepare food at a fast pace, but the quality of the food is not equivalent to that of a fast-food establishment. is always fun to Instagram your meal at Chipotle because it will definitely receive a plentiful amount of likes. The burrito is guaranteed to look great in the x-pro II effect.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Food is great and Nothing personal
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
I worked here for a while in my earliest twenties and was appalled at the high hours and work conditions, yet people were kind still and all aside the food is great.
Pros
food
Cons
pay, work conditions
Best company
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 29, 2016
Handled each customer on a 1 on 1 interaction. Completed each order to the customers liken. Cleaned store to company high standard. Prepared multiple fresh items in between shifts.
Best fast food place I worked at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
Training was excellent and everyone was really easy to get along with. It is a little fast paced at time but after a while you get the hang of it. They train you in anything new they give you too do and don't expect you to just figure it out.
Productive Workplace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 28, 2016
Growth is an option in this store as well.The store opens at 11am, so it gives the prep team enough time to prep everything before the store opens nobody is rushing
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Great people to work with, long unpredictable hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJNovember 28, 2016
Chipotle is a great place to work for people in highschool or looking for a summer job. It is mostly made up of young college students and high school students, but there are adults in the morning shifts. They provide opportunities to advance in your Chipotle Career, but not everyone gets the same attention to advance. The hours are unpredicatble while working, for example you could be scheduled 7am-4pm, but won't get out until 6 or 7 depending on who is coming in to cover you or who is getting sent on break. The people you work with will become like a family to you and you will love working with them, but like at any job there are rude customers. This is a great place for anyone that has a flexible schedule and is able to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
Pros
free food while working, 50% off when not working, college reimbursement
Cons
extending shift without previous notice, a lot of rude customers
Productive, stressful, but very fun.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2016
Work hard play hard, this company embodies the culture of hard working Americans coming together to accomplish one goal; and by golly they have a heck of a time enjoying themselves while they are at it.
It was a very self evaluating place and very positive with great team work.
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 26, 2016
I don't really have none. I just loved the position and pay. I enjoyed being trained in different areas of the store. I just wish that I could of stuck it out with my pregnancy and that the manager was more understanding.
Pros
Free lunch. Discount and loved the hours!
Cons
Somwtimes wasnt understanding
Enjoyable place to work with very friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 26, 2016
The work is fast-paced and is stressful but can be fun with the right attitude. Customers expect their food dealt with with the upmost care. Just like any job, do the job right and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Free lunch, reasonable time off
Cons
Stressful
Imperfect Balance
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75230November 26, 2016
Although Chipotle is a great company to work for and provides great benefits it does suck up most of your life.
As a "part-time" worker i would be putting in 70-80 hours bi weekly while being a full time student. This is the ultimate reason I left due to exhaustion.
Fun & family oriented
Take Out Specialist (TOS) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
Good team work and sense of reliability
Easy to move up
Time consuming
Co-workers are friendly and adaptable
Love learning new recipes
a typical day at work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 26, 2016
A typical day at work was keeping busy and keeping service moving. Everyday we had customers rapped around the buidling craving our food. I learned to keep my patience maintained.
Pros
Paid on breaks
Cons
No help
Cashier/ Food handling (Current Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 26, 2016
I recommend working here. friendly customers and friendly workers as well. the pay is good and you get to have a free employee meal consisting of a burrito drink and chips and guac
Chipotle
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2016
It's fast past but not enough hours I enjoyed working there but at the same time they didn't have stuff in order there I loved the experience and was always working
Productive and amazing people
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 25, 2016
The people that you work with are what makes the job amazing. Overall an amazing job but it is labor intensive. Management above has their favorites in each store and chose those that they want to help rather than the ones that deserve it.
Great Learning Experience
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  baltimore MarylandNovember 25, 2016
i learned how to work great with others
learned to be fast paced and still get things done
it was a very happy place everyone would be smiling and laughing
Great place to work until corporate gets involved.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILNovember 25, 2016
Starting there with the crew and management at the time was great. Our chemistry was unbelievable, we were able to make quotas that were expected, and get all our duties finished in a timely manner. Once corporate wanted to get involved the team moral went down because they put unnecessary pressure on us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.