Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 3,584 reviews matching the search
Easy place to get ahead
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 12, 2017
Great atmosphere and good crew. Always a new day with the simple ingredients challenging you along the way. Never a late night or an early morning. Still eat there today.
Fun working culture
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 12, 2017
Love working at chipotle but as a manager the balance between work and home is terrible. The culture is amazing and the teams are always so great but thats if you do the correct hiring. Most enjoyable is having fun while working with all the great people you hired. Hardest part is knowing you're basically on call as a manager and they don't respect your outside life.
Pros
free food, great benefits.
Cons
50+ hours, hard to move up after GM.
Fun and energetic workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 11, 2017
The people were enjoyable, but management struggled in certain spots. Some managers preferred the sink or swim way and help was difficult to get especially during busy hours.
Pros
Free meals during work.
Cons
Short breaks, unfair pay.
good first job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2017
it was nice place to work. nice co workers and management they all teach one another to be top performers I loved that about them very fast paced though
Quick and Organized
Line worker/Dish (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 11, 2017
Good job with fair pay, but was laid off unexpectedly. It is a very quick-paced environment but everything was very clean and organized but they hired too many people so they laid me off without any notice.
Pros
free meal with each shift
Cons
hard to get hours
Great Employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
The work was easy and mundane, repetition was key. Although promised training in other stations, management over looked many employees requests. They play favoritism with senior employees, even if their work ethic is not up to par
Productive fun and fun place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 10, 2017
Work for this company for 8+ years. Started as crew member and work my way up. Great place to work for with opportunities for natural leaders with great work ethic and dedicated. I learn great leadership skills, team work and business managent skills that I will take it for rest of my life. Getting to know the company's culture is a must for me which helped me stay motivated to achieve the store Manager role. Yet in the last 3 years the upper management/area manager have been lacking of experience and motivation which has lead me to leave the company and seek other adventures.
Pros
Room for advancement, great culture, free food
Cons
Upper Management lack experience, lifestyle suffers due to long work hours
Productive and fun place with great staff
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJApril 10, 2017
Work place culture is fast pace, has cleanliness, mandatory sanitations, food validation, high restaurant standards, great customer service, open lines of communications, and constantly empowering one another.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation, sick days, uniforms
Cons
Long hours, not effective validation training, no consistent visits by area managers, no secure date on promotions.
Great Company but too many politics
Development Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2017
I loved working at Chipotle's Corporate office but unfortunately Corporate politics got the best of my position and my department. I prided myself on working for the restaurant teams and loved the team atmosphere outside of the corporate office.
Robotic
Ohio- Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2017
Typical fast food job. Not the worst job in the world but general crew members are treated robotically both by higher paid staff and customers. Best thing is the food really.
Pros
free lunches
Management plays favorites and doesn't give employees enough hours to survive
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 10, 2017
Horrible work environment, managers don't do their jobs properly, not enough hours equally distributed,managers treat their employees very poorly, your made to feel inadequate
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough weekly hours, no raises
Loved coworkers, management wasn't as great
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 10, 2017
General manager made my job hard. Co workers made things very warm and comforting. Felt as though management wasn't as comforting, I felt unwanted and temporary.
Great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAApril 10, 2017
Never had a problem with Chipotle. They hold you to high standards ("top performers only"), but it makes the experience better for everyone, especially the customers.
My Time Here
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILApril 10, 2017
I was really inspired when i became apart of the Chipotle culture. this was my favorite restaurant and i waited two years too apply. those long lines out of the door was worth the while. i enjoy eating Food with Integrity. Chipotle hires 94% within to the management team. everyone has a story that has become apart of the great culture Chipotle stated in 1994. I really enjoyed working for this company and it was an amazing experience. This company takes great care of there staff, there are so many Perks to being a Chip member and being apart of the management teams tops it all. Here at Chipotle, especially depending on the location you deal with many different types of guest daily. we implement diversity here in this vulture. Here at Chipotle we work hard to keep high standards and to empower those around us including our guest. The average Chipotle brings in about 10,000 dollars a day. I love fast past working environment and what i love most is the knowledge Chipotle brings to the light about the start of Steve and Monty's conquest to new beginings of a bringht food culture that every waits for to this day!!
Pros
Free Lunch, 50% off, Over Time, Great Training and Knowledge
awesome place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rolling Hills Estates, CAApril 10, 2017
love working here, great environment awesome co worker, great costumers, very easy one you get the hang of things, awesome perks, free food and insurances
Pros
free food, healthcare
Cons
managent
Fast paste
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 10, 2017
My General Manager Was Racist and he would always call me a n*** or make inappropriate jokes such as me being a slave. So I didn't appreciate it so I left
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude workers
Fast paced environment and a great way to learn how to be productive and have fun at the same time.
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
● Greeted customers as soon as they entered the store.​
● Ensured each customer received excellent customer service.​
● Maintained consistent awareness of all promotions and advertisement.​
● Ensured the store maintained its attractive visual presentation at all times.
● Remained conscious of shoplifting activity.
its ok
Crew Member / Pipeline (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZApril 9, 2017
The job was easy, gettting promoted was hard. They always played favorites. I did not like the management team they were always buddy buddy and the crew members often turned on each other as a result to win over the management. Fine first job, not a career.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No growth
enjoyable environnent to work in
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 9, 2017
Provides a good work environment with high standards but does not pay enough for the required amount of work to be done. Best part of the job is free food. Worst part if the job is the compensation.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks and compensation
Best environment to work in
Front Line (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 9, 2017
Absolutely great team to work with, well managed and fast paced working environment to keep you on your toes. Pay was more than expected and definitely is deserved with the amount of customers to move through. Overall one of the most beneficial summer jobs I have held.
Pros
Paid breaks/free meal, great cooperation, top Chipotle in MN
Cons
Slow and lengthy hiring process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval