Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,213 reviews matching the search
sometimes fun, but mostly pretentious and stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 11, 2016
in my opinion, Chipotle is going downhill and will probably fall through by the end of the year, due to this whole food safety crisis that happened at the beginning of the year. we've always been short staffed and things get backed up way way too quickly and easily.
every shift i had was a closing shift, and it never, Ever ended at the time that the schedule said it would. same goes for people who don't work closing shifts. with every shift, expect to be asked to stay anywhere from 30 minutes to TWO HOURS after your scheduled clock-out time. very stressful and inconsistent.
there's also the whole ~VISION~ thing that they have that makes their employment system different from all the others and its ridiculously unnecessary and pretentious (i wont elaborate on it but you'll find out about it if you start working there)
the advancement thing is good though. if you want to start a career path so to speak? this is good because they train you to one day get to the manager position. so that's good, its just not for me
Pros
nice people, free meal with every shift, good pay
Cons
incredibly busy at almost all times, shifts get backed up very easily
This was a nice company but for a student
Kitchen Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYApril 11, 2016
Red lobster was a nice company to work for.But the pay and hours were more for so a person in high school or going to college.
Type-A Personalities Encouraged
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILApril 10, 2016
The management wasn't very accommodating to introverted workers. Emphasis on maintaining an upbeat attitude by any means necessary
Pros
Above minimum wage, free lunch, paid breaks
Cons
Long hours, inflexible scheduling
Great People Culture
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2016
What you give is what you get at Chipotle. If there are any problems there are easy ways to fix them and there are lots of opportunities to move up. As a crew member you help costumers, prep food and clean as you go. On the job you learn recipes, portioning, costumer service, team work and communication. The management is good and makes you feel needed. The co-workers are nice people, easy-going and friendly. The hardest part of the job is during a rush in any part of the store but it's also the most enjoyable if you like fast paced things.
Pros
Free meal, paid breaks, healthcare benefits, opportunities to move up
Cons
Minimum wage
My first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 7, 2016
Working at Chipotle was an interesting experience. I am not going to say it was ALL bad. There were some perks, like some of the people as well as the FREE food. I did eventually get tired of asking the same stuff everyday however. At the end of the day what I learned is how to work in a fast paced environment as well as multi task. What I did like about my manager was that he truly cared for his workers and always asked how we were doing, how school was going, how our families were doing. That was a nice quality to see. But I never got to try other stations. I always was on the line.
Pros
free food
Cons
favoritism
Good Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 7, 2016
Great Staff that seeks to help employees. It is a great job that seek to help the employees move up to become better employees.
Amazing crew, amazing benefits, amazing everything.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 7, 2016
Chipotle is seriously the best place to work. Everyone is super nice and super flexible. The hardest part is training others, for me anyways. The most enjoyable part, is every part. Chipotle is amazing. I love the crew and the management.
Good workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 6, 2016
Preparing food, cooking, dishwasher, cashier and trainer.
good management and nice crew. Count inventory and receiving stock.
I did not have a good experience.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLApril 6, 2016
Prepared food following a projected data chart indicating the usage for the day; Cleaned, stocked, and organized the workspace throughout the shift; Labeled and charted on all items to prevent loss of income and wasting supplies; Trained other staff members following protocols and evaluating their performance.

I did not have a good experience at this location. I believe the management was awful. I would come to work and over-achieve but it was not ever good enough and I never got any positive feedback.

I left because I wanted to be treated the way I deserved for my hard work.
not good place to work if ur over 30 to many immature kids hired
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 6, 2016
Chipotle Mexican Grill, over works there staff and as well as expects them to learn everything in under a month.
A Typical day begins with food prep. Workers know what task they have and what needs to be accomplished within a particular time period. I've learned a lot about the culture of this company, which is to provide the best possible food from the best possible sources. However, somewhere along the line the actual customer is just that, a customer. Many times they are ignored in favor of employees acting foolish and discussing topics which have absolutely nothing to do with focusing on the customer in front of them. The cashier must almost always be called to the front to assist the customer, which sometimes takes a long time, and the food often is siitsitting.. The main store management team is 22 years old or under, which leads to much inappropriate behavior and foolishness. Inattentiveness to customers is a big problem and their work seems to be mainly geared towards being proactive on the front line during the peak hour for lunch & dinner, then retreat to the office for the remainder of their shift. I don't know if that much paperwork is required of them. I prefer that management take an active roll in everything at all times, not just during peak hours of the day. I also find the appearance of certain management team members to be off-putting to the general public. Employees are allowed to listen to their personal music in the back of house and grill area, which at times is greatly inappropriate both in volume and in lyrics. Miscommunication is a large issue. Rules
  more... change on a daily basis and those who were off for a day aren't informed. I started out positive because there is a lot of potential company-wise for advancement. I was told that I was a "top performer" and ready for advancement within a couple of months. I quickly saw that hope diminished, especially as my hours have been continuously cut, having gone from 40 hours per week down to 29 to 30 hours per week. As an adult in my 30's,with 4 children to provide for this work schedule is unacceptable. It is perfect for the majority of the younger team members who work there.for and most of time I feel like the only adult sometimes having to babysit the rest of them. Not a good company for those age 30 and older.  less
Pros
there really are no good pros except free lunch and tips
Cons
immature management, incompetent management and high employee turn over
Great first job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 5, 2016
Learned how to use cash register, prepare food for customers and serve orders. Learned how to prepare online food orders as well as over the phone orders. Restocked utensils, napkins, soda lids, condiments, drinks and food items. Performed cleaning duties and distributed tips accordingly.
Pros
Free food every shift, good management
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment when under stress
Very Fun and Cool people.
Cook food (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 5, 2016
Depending on the shifts, mornings are cool.
afternoon and evenings were heavy, and nights were cool also. Sometimes it's busy and sometimes not. Workers were amaing. and it's easy. You gotta learn 5 words and know the meaning which I didn't like so much.
Pros
Free Meals (just one free meal)
Cons
Never gives full time
Fast Pace Customer interactive Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 4, 2016
Provided proficient Customer Service in a high paced environment
Prepared food and worked hands on in catering events
Fast-Pace, Freindly environment respectable employers
Crew (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2016
fast-paced, friendly managers, setup or prep while listening to music, serving customers at a position. learned cooking prep skills, customer service experience, cashier, cleaning applications serving, dish-washing, co-working team oriented experience. Friendly, but immature co-workers. Time management was the most difficult task. The most enjoyable part was when you see the customer's satisfaction on the customer service, we made peoples days and I love that feeling.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks only one per day
Quick paced fun place to work.
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Cashier/grill cook (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHApril 4, 2016
A typical day involved a massive a mount of prep, working through the rush, and then remaking all of the prep. My favorite position was definitely grill. I loved the fast pace, and the environment. Everyone got along, and the shifts went smooth. My GM taught me so many valuable lessons I still utilize to this day. She taught me: a sense of urgency, time management, interpersonal skills, Point of sales skills skills, knife skills, some management skills, clean as you go, First in first out, and so many more skills. I definitely realized my love for food here. The hardest part was getting through the rush, we got pretty busy. We always pulled though with flying colors due to our teamwork.
Pros
free food and food knowledge
Cons
a lower pay
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 4, 2016
They have great food and offer great benefits for all employees, I love working there because is a fast food place and that keeps us busy all the time. It is not a hard job, the management is great because their goal is to form a family at the restaurant, we were all a really big family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
NO cons at all
Extremely fast paced environment
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Millbrae, CAApril 3, 2016
This being my first job, I loved it! The time went by fast and I learned a lot about the food industry. Co-workers were great and management is experienced. Hardest part of the job was standing for hours at a time.
Pros
Great experience for my first job!
Terrible Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAApril 3, 2016
Chipotle generally has 3 shifts. Opening, mid, and closing shifts which wear you down regardless of which one you take.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long shifts with little reward
it was a fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed coming in to work on a daily because I knew I was coming into a happy environment everyday. I've learned to pick up a quick paste when your working in a restaurant. The management was very well mannered and treated everyone with the same respect. my co-workers worked very hard to keep the store clean an made sure our customers had a wonderful experience at our restaurant.The hardest part was really trying to keep up with everyone when I first started but I got the hang of it when I started getting used to it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short 45 minute breaks
Great company with great benefits
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2016
Chipotle definitely has its ups and downs but overall it's amazing company to work for! There's always something to do there to keep you busy and moving around. The relationships you make with some of the customers are amazing.