Chipotle Mexican Grill
1,610 reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

great and friendly work place
Crew Member (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 7, 2015
I love working at chipotle , its was always a great day . people where always nice and respectable . It was always clean and packed !
Productive, succesful
Cashier (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Paid break
Cons: very stressful
at chipotle you learn a lot of things, for me i learn to work as a team and help one another and how to be a cashier. the most enjoyable part of being in chipotle was working with different type of people and getting to know them. the management was very well lead.
Great team atmosphere, develops sense of unity and ownership
Team Member (Current Employee), austintown, ohJuly 6, 2015
Chipotle teaches employees to embark a sense of ownership over the restaurant and responsibility not only for themselves, but the restaurant, other team members and most importantly the customers. I love the non-judgemental atmosphere, everyone working there is unique and a top performer.
Chipotle was Ok
Crew Member (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2015
Cons: Can be slow at times
Chipotle was an ok place to work. The hours are average as well as the money. Management was actually pretty good. Just a boring place to work.
High energy, very fast pace, but great place to work
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHJuly 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment, fast pace, great co workers.
Chipotle is a great place to work with many advancement opportunities. I really don't have any complaints about working there. I'm seeking something different other than fast food.
first manger job
Kitchen Manger (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
prep sheet and truck orders was great learning . I loved working with my crew every day and the food was great . This was my first manger job in my life and feel good about myself .
Fast pace and team work
Team Member Crew (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 4, 2015
Develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personal and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
Productive fast-pacing and fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis,TnJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: complaints
I have only worked at Chipotle for a short period of time and I have found out that it's a family place and full of people with good vibes and good personalities.
Its always busy, there is a lot of things to do even when its slow
Restaurant Team Member Crew (Former Employee), Poway, CAJuly 4, 2015
I always worked on the line...then again that's all I did, the customers you have to be patient with, you can move up quik and the benefits are worth it
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free food while working, flexibility
Cons: Area Manager showed favoritism with managers
The greatest thing about Chipotle was their vision. I enjoyed training with employees and gearing up for the meal time rushes. It is still instilled into me unto this day.
Ok place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free food, paid half an hour break, free food, lots of overtime, free food
Cons: be over worked and under paid, crazy work environment
Pretty cool place to work, it can get crazy at times but if you have a good team that day to can go by fairly quick. At times the dining room can get really messy just cause it'll be short staffed that day and not enough people to keep it clean. Overtime was cool but by the week of the week you'd be so tired and burn out. Management was pretty chill at my store, as long as you did what you had to do they pretty much let you be.
typical day
Crew (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good pay, good hours, good customers, good co workers
Cons: poor management, unorganized
i enjoyed the customers and the staff i worked with closer to the end of my employment i started to dislike the general manager and the kitchen manager.
crew
Crew (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2015
Very High energy/upbeat work enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks and free employee meals
Cons: n/a
Its a very fast paced work enviorment, and business. I learned great customer service and people skills, food safety and prep. All of my coworkers we treated we equal respect.
Great food and fun place to work
Take Out Specialist Manager (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJune 30, 2015
On a typical day I would prepare the tortilla chips and taco shells for the day. Then I would manage my own station for online, fax and catering orders to ensure timely pick up.
I learned how to prepare and follow recipes. Also learned to adhere to sanitation and cleanliness guidelines as well as how to be a great team player.
I truly enjoyed helping out our customers to ensure they have a great experience while making sure they were completely satisfied with my service.
Amazing company, focused vision
Service Manager (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 30, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, free food when working
Cons: stressful, sometimes hostile work environment
I love my job with chipotle! i really have enjoyed making people better than and changing the way people think about and eat fast food. I encourage anyone who wants to move up quickly into management and anyone who has management experience to apply for the job. It has helped grow as a person and increased my work ethic.
Very fast paced, fun enviorment
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2015
I absolutely loved working for this company, they strive to make sure you do your best and they WANT you to advance in their career.
productive and fun workplace
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches; 50% off meals any other time; health care; paid breaks
-fast paced
-fun environment
-great team
-great management
-great customer service
-hardest part is how fast paced it is
-best part is how much fun you'll have
Working at chipotle helps you build bonds with your crew.
MANAGER (Former Employee), Malibu, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay was great
Cons: shoes were not so comfy
A typical day at work would be training my crew, help guest with any questions. I`d give them a tour of our menu and explain how it works.
I have learned how to make schedules, how to run a shift, how to make food orders and take inventory. Management is great they give you all the support you need to move up with the company.
My co-workers are helpful always asking questions to get the job done correct and for them to train others to be great. The most enjoyable part of the job is arriving to work and everyone ready to help all hands in and have a great shift.
I have an awesome time working each and everyday
Service Manager (Current Employee), elk grove/ caJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch/paid breaks
A typical day for me is making sure my team is being lead by an empowering supervisor. I create an uniquely extraordinary restaurant experience for my customers and crew. I am a top performer always making people better by leading by example. Ive learned so much from working here. I learned about everyones different personalities and how to deal with them. The enjoyable part to deal with at work is that our environment is special and that we all care for each other as a family. There was no job that i couldn't handle therefore I feel like there was no hard part in my job.

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Salaries