Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Stressful fast pace environment
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 9, 2018
The work itself is manageable. It's extremely demanding and no matter how hard you work, if you mess up once. You are on their bad side. Low key favoritism exist too. Good luck
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
ok place to work
Cashier/Customer Service/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 9, 2018
When I started chipotle it was a fast moving place I learned a lot there the people was nice some of the co workers were nice the hardest part of the job is you have to know a lot like temp food making sure its at the right temp and moving fast I enjoyed being there for the most part. I felt like the managers need to step up and run the restaurant more better not a lot of team players very poor communication skills
Pros
you get free lunch piad breaks paid sick days
Cons
you only get one break for a 8 hour shift
Productive & fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I worked in Studio City so there was always something going on. From seeing celebrities every now and then to just great and friendly customers. The people are fun & friendly. Always had a great time working.
Love the people I work with
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJFebruary 8, 2018
I enjoy working with people who are just as energetic as I am. There is always something to do. And that’s why I like it because I’m always on the move finding ways to make the store look and feel better.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not a lot of hours if minor
fun place to work and good food
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2018
quick and fast place. the staff is always friendly and helpful.affordable price with good healthy food. amazing modern exterior and interior design very unique.
Pros
if you are hard worker you can advance through managment
Cons
low pay
Great Working Environment
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 8, 2018
For the most part working for Chipotle is quite a task but all in all its a fun job to have. The job is fair and rewarding, competitive, fast paced and challenging. Brings new light to the term "fast food".
Chipotle overall is a good place to work at
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Working at Chipotle was a great experience the management was terrific. Great place to work for college students who want to work and continue being in school at the same time.
Fun and encouraging environment to work at
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 8, 2018
I love working at chipotle. Our crew is a family and we all work hard together to ensure we accomplish our goals. Working at chipotle is a blessing and I would recommended it to any of my friends.
It's a great place to work at. Fun and loving employees
Based on Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day at work depending on the shift it'll go pretty good just because it a good day and the great your able to work with not that shift. The hardest part is having to work super fast and under pressure
Pros
Free food on your first mean of the shift
Cons
breaks aren't long enough
A Step In A Direction
cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Chipotle is great place to work if you're young, just starting out and looking for ways to create stability in your life. They have a culture built on teamwork and high standards.
Pros
Convenient, Easy job
Cons
Unfocused Atmosphere

Want to know more about Chipotle Mexican Grill?

Ask a question
Great job unless your manager is not great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Working at chipotle is incredibly amazing. It is fast paced and you always have something to do. However, management is the only downfall to this place.
the customers are great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJFebruary 7, 2018
i would be in at 6 start meal prep lunch break was at about 10-10:30 i believe store would be open at 11. peak hour is at 12-1 which normally is the busiest part of the day.
Pros
free lunch learning excellence skills and you really have to be a team player
Cons
being around food all day
okay.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 7, 2018
This place wasn't so fun. People here always talked about advancement but it never happened. They are very into training which is great. Depends on location and people within the store.
Great team
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Loved working there the people are great and enjoyed working in that atmosphere. Enjoyed the schedule and the great food. Overtime available. Great working with schedule
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Closing
fast speed work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 7, 2018
as a crew member you could open or close. crew members can do anything from being a cashier to working on the grill and making foo for the customerss.
Management is awful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Upper management is constantly being rotated. They don't care to guarantee you hours. Unless you're at a good location, this job is very stressful. I would not recommend this job.
Exhaustive workplace with bad managers, but good pay and benefits.
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHFebruary 6, 2018
You are worked to your breaking point, and somehow nothing you do seems adequate to the mangers. They often times made comments about me to other employees that I would consider unprofessional, and indecent. I overall never felt like a valued team member. I was also improperly trained by another employee (whom was later fired for unrelated reasons) and never had this corrected when I brought it up to management. Even with that, the pay is decent and the benefits are great, though I never was able to take advantage of said benefits.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Bad management, exhaustive workplace, lack of perceived personal value .
Really fun to work there and the treats members are really nice and they also let you hear music out loud and wee all enjoy it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Like I said it's really fun to work there and the mangers are great too and fun to be with the rest of the team members . And if you make a mistake like everyone does they won't get mad . And you have patients wit you and you learn really fast and you get free food and discounts . The bad thing was there no days off you work every day 7 days a week and they would also call you to come in the evening if you worked in the mornings
Pros
Free bowls or burritos everyday
Cons
Didn't really give days pff
fast paced
Chipotle Kitchen and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 6, 2018
The management team would not respect your time and effort that you give to the company and often would abuse the people that truly cared about career.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
extended days
Great first job, and great life skills
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 6, 2018
I love working here. The amount of professionalism that Chipotle sets for their team is top notch. I love the customs and ways that each Chipotle has and somehow manage to be unique to each store. They have taught me that a sense of consistency and a mix of spontaneity can be manageable in the work place. Though at times it may be fast-pace, overall the experience you get from working at a place like Chipotle is well worth it.
Pros
Free lunch, Flexible hours, Food prep, Cleanliness
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K