Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,412 reviews matching the search
Great, fun job
Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 31, 2016
Great People to work with, they value you as their employee. Life long friendships built. Great benefits, college reimbursement.
overview
Restaurant Team Member & Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 31, 2016
Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as cooking, marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; chopping herbs; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food
Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
great place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working here because I enjoyed the people who I worked with, even though it was hectic at times and it was also stressful at times.
great company
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 31, 2016
great company, also with great opportunities.
its funny once you meet the crew amazing managers and staff outgoing and it was always a family type environment.
High energy, Fast Pace, Exciting
Crew Member/Front House Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 31, 2016
Everyday you come into chipotle its usually always busy. When its busy work is fun, it goes by fast. The high energy of all of the staff rubs off on everyone there which then creates an extraordinary experience for those in the restaurant. Everything you do will have a purpose. You will learn a lot very fast but at the same the job itself is not hard but if you don't like speaking with a lot of people all the time it can be overwhelming and even stressful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
short break
Fun and playful evirorment also real determine and will
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be working at the cashier . ringing customers food up . making shore they get everything they need . greeting customers as well as saying bye. Helping co worker around me that I know can use a hand. My manger is either on the line making peoples food or on the grill. The most hardest part of the job is satisfying every customer. The most enjoyable part is being able to help other around me so we all can do well as a team.
Pros
Free lunch, 50% off anyting you buy
Cons
no healhcare
Fun Productive place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAMay 30, 2016
Great place to learn how to produce a high amount of quality product. The company is growing very fast so it provides a changing environment with different things every day.
encouraging and fast paced enviroment
Service manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2016
really good place to work, they teach you and help you everyday to be better at it and if you work for it is really easy to grow with the company and also help you to pay your school
Pros
free lunches, 50 percent off on days off
Cons
expensive healthcare
Passive management. Lack of growth as a whole store.
Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 28, 2016
Unfortunately, this location is one that has potential to do well however, there are just people who lack the skill to bring the store to a minimum functioning level.
Pros
Free lunch. Health care coverage
Cons
Poor management/ exhausting tasks/ poor leadership.
A very relaxed crew with responsibilities to work on while still having fun.
AM Prep (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMay 27, 2016
The crew of Chipotle has been the best crew of co-workers I have ever met. They are overly kind, cheerful, fun, responsible, and extremely organized.
productive and a hardworking workplace.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAMay 27, 2016
I learned many cooking and cleaning skills at chipotle that I did know before. Some of my co-workers were nice and chill and some were not but that is life.
Under average
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 26, 2016
Didn't utilize the staff well enough. Hours were very little. Work load wasn't very much and really the management was bouncing around from location to location.
Worst place ever.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 26, 2016
I worked there and it was a horrible experience. In the beginning they make it sound like a dream job you've always wanted and then you start working there and people do their own thing, they don't follow the rules, management doesn't fix problems, they don't help you with anything like they should. Not a good team at all.
Pros
Free food, wages
Cons
Management, employees
Very Fast Paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 26, 2016
If you are not used to a fast paced environment this may not be the job for you. What I loved the most about this job was that it taught me to keep my head when under pressure. Chipotle is always busy so I always remained on my feet because there's always something that needs to be done. Managers made sure everyone was comfortable at all times. The atmosphere was very friendly and diverse.
fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
a typical day of work consist of constantly moving, always picking up new or faster ways to complete a task. uplifting co-workers
Pros
free food
producive and easy
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 25, 2016
I got along with everyone that I worked with as well as I would over achieve while I worked I tried to bring my co workers to be positive and show fantastic customer service.
Work hard and you will succeed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 25, 2016
The company offers great opportunities. Everyone is looking to better themselves by bettering everyone around them. Constant help and training is done by everyone fostering a great culture.
Friendly, family-like work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2016
My experience working at Chipotle was overall a great working experience. My fellow employees were very friendly and the customers were usually friendly as well. The food is amazing and the pay was not bad either. I loved working at Chipotle!
Pros
So much fun it doesn't even feel like work and the food is awesome
Cons
long standing hours and discrimination (from my personal manager)
Really loved the environment and enjoyed going to work to interact with customers and team members.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 24, 2016
Working at Chipotle was extremely fast-paced but enjoyable at the same time. You never got stuck doing just one thing and the managers as well as the team members recognize your potential and based on the effort you put in, they choose the area in which they feel you'd be the strongest.
Energetic and passionate experience
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2016
Working at chipotle was an amazing learning experience, it was all about the customer and making there day and ours. I loved that it was all about team work & helping to improve one another.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.