Chipotle Mexican Grill
1,350 reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill United States Employee Reviews

Great Crew members
Cashier and Busser (Current Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free luches, paid breaks
Cons: very small raises.
It's a great place to work for college students. The management can improve but are great in taking care of the needs of the employees.
Fun fast pace work place and a mixture of different cultures
crew (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great people
Cons: my socks would get wet time to time washing the dishes
A typical day working at chipotle i would have to say is very energetic the employees I've worked with are fun people. We like to stay that way while working because it helps us while working and it helps keep the customers up beat to. My first day working at chipotle one of the employees taught me a phrase called Mise en place (mi zã plays) is a phrase we use which means “putting in place” and it is used only in kitchens, in a kitchen it is very busy and active so it is very important to be well organized and neat. The employees worked hard and worked as a great team meeting the customers needs. The hardest part working there to me was cutting the onions but the part I enjoyed the most was working in the front meet new people taking orders communicating with my team sharing humor.
Very fast pased
Crew member (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: you dont always get your breaks then your supposed to.
If you've never worked in a fast passed environment Chipotle is not for you. Chipotle was my first job and I loved working here, but due to bad management, I lost that love and dreaded coming to work every day to the point where I had to quit. The bad part about working at Chipotle was the management. They literally have no idea what they're doing and the go on favorites, so it you want to work there Good Luck your going to need it.
Mexican Inginuity
Burrito/Customer Service Artist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free food for lunch anytime i worked.
Cons: manual labor took a toll on me
High volume of customers. High quality food and spices. Maintained as a cashier and food prep cook. Delighted customers with a personable state of mind and upsold sides/family meals well.
Fun workplace
Kitchen Manager in Training (KMIT) (Current Employee), Plainfield, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches on working shifts, and awesome crew!
Cons: really fast paced depending on what location you work at
Food Prep - Inventory - Critical 7 Weights - Forcasting Sales - Serving Customers. Regular crew duty is just to provide great customer service so that they will leave and come back happy.
good place to work but micro manage
General Manager (Former Employee), florence, scMarch 2, 2015
Pros: promotions and great pay
Cons: micro manage
great place to work but have to conform to a certain culture. Not like any other place, cult like. great benefits and plenty of training
Productive, happy work environment
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Current Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: you receive a free meal each day you work, as well as a second meal 50% off, along with a flexible work schedule
Cons: with how busy cipotle can get at times you dont always get much of a break, and sometimes management forgets to notifiy you of schedule changes etc.
A typical day at work would be going in anywhere between 7a.m.-8:30a.m. and starting my prep, for me this usually means making the guacamole. Some days it can vary from guacamole to lettuce or peppers etc. I have learned numerous kitchen and time management skills while working at Chipotle. Each morning depending on when I come in I have until around 10:30a.m. to complete my task before we open for the day. I have to use all of the skills that they have shown me in a timely manner to accomplish this each day. My management and co-workers are enjoyable to be around. At chipotle everyone is like a big family. When you come in everyone greats you with a smile and hello and gets involved in how you feel to make sure your work experience is wonderful. The hardest part about my job is just trying to balance everything. Chipotle is a very fast paced restaurant and you have to be prepared for everything. At times you can be doing up to five things at a time to try and keep your customers happy and with what they need. The most enjoyable part about the job is that each day I know I will go into work and be welcomed and have the ability to talk with my co-workers and management about anything I may need help with, without feeling intimidated.
Chipotle
Crew Member (Current Employee), New Providence, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the learning experience & the people.
Cons: your sleeping habits.
I actually love my job. It can become a bit stressful when under the pressure of being a cook but other than that it was fine. I learned how to portion food correct, my knife skills & learning how to communicate better with others. My management team was great they were always there to listen. The hardest part of my job was communicating with the line workers. My most enjoyable part was just seeing all the happy face of the people who ate the food i prepared.
Hard, Fun, But stressful all in one
Crew Member (Former Employee), Edina, MNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management
Had a fun time working with all of my fellow employees but the management team was bad. Nobody listen to them because they didn't have a voice. Nobody respect the management team because the were always friendly and never put a foot down. Was a fun job like I said but the management really killed the experience for me.
First paying job and great experience
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: first job experience
Cons: not listening to employees
It was very fast paced and fun. I learned that you always fight for what you believe in. Management was great and ran a tight ship. My coworkers taught me how to speak Spanish and were very friendly. I miss them a lot. The hardest part was losing the job. My enjoyable part was meeting people with so many different backgrounds.
productive and fun work place,
cashier/closer (Former Employee), Kingston, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: exciting and different work environment
Cons: some employees were a bit sour on occasion but not too bad.
i enjoyed working at chipotle. the staff were always a blast to work with and the management was dependable. i think that with chipotle I've learned so much about the effect of fast food in peoples lives. although chipotle was fast casual. i feel I've learned how to better interact with people, how to handle money which resulted in better math skills and over all how to work as a team. the hardest part of my job was nothing at all. the job was easy and fun and i learned a whole lot. The funnest part of the job was during rush hour(s). i love the rushes of people we got and serving the customers. the fast paced environment and the cleaning up afterwards was the best part for me. i was always seeking new challenges and every day one would present itself to me.
fun fast paced job
Team Member (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: food
Cons: rude customers
This is a cool restaurant to work for if you dont mind lines out the door. Pay is decent and you get free food everytime you work and 50% off of anything you want to take home.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Restaurant Team Crew Member (Former Employee), Iowa City, IowaFebruary 25, 2015
My coworkers were much younger and immature than me so I didnt get along with them very well, you get one free meal every shift which was great because I love Chipotle's food. You tend to stay very busy so you'll get experice in multi tasking and doing things very quickly.
Very busy workplace, but every employee wanted to be the boss.
Line and Cook (Former Employee), Wellington, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Chipotle was a nice place, with good benefits, but the management was not great, they wanted me to work when I had strep throat or they made me find my own replacement when I did not know anyone.
Fast-paced work environment with fun-loving co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Bedford, NHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free employee meals, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, sometimes difficult customers
A typical day at Chipotle began with coming in between 7am and 8am and beginning the tasks asked of you on deployment for that day. Having mastered each station available at Chipotle, my tasks would range from opening Tortilla, where I fried chips, cut citrus for the drink station, and fried taco shells. Opening Salsa, where I diced tomatoes, mixed four different salsas and sour cream as well as setting up the line. I could open prep which included cutting, scooping and mixing guacamole, dicing jalapeños and onions, shredding cheese, julienning peppers and onions,and cutting salad and taco lettuce. Grill proving to be the most difficult position at Chipotle you went in and began plucking oregano, cutting oregano and cilantro for the day, making tea for the drink station, re-heating stove tops, throwing down chicken and steak on the grill, putting beans, carnitas, barbacoa and sofritas in the re-therm, cooking two batches each of white and brown rice, and having everything cooked to order by open at 11am. Management is young and developed within the store. My co-workers were my favorite thing about my job at Chipotle. All upbeat and holding the 13 required characteristics (ambitious, happy, smart, polite, respectful, honest, conscientious, presentable, curious, motivated, hospitable, high energy, and infectiously enthusiastic) of a Chipotle top-performer.
Team working atmosphere with great opportunities to advance
Line-Backer/Line/ Server (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free or 50% off lunch, paid breaks, medical/vision/dental benefits
Cons: short breaks and can be given after 3 hours instead of every 2 hours of work
A typical day at work is very busy, high-volumes of customers, productive work flow and team work equally to insure progression and standards needed to be met from the company name.
I have learned a various number of things including how to adapt better to high-volume clientele as well as serving customers with excellent customer satisfaction.
My co workers are very easy to get along with as well as helpful if needing any help and supportive to help you excel in each position.
The hardest part of my job is just the beginning, which is maintaining the routine practices and doing it consistently with consistency.
the most enjoyable part of my job is able to see customers leaving our restaurant with a smile and exceptional customer satisfaction.
fun to work for
Cashier (Current Employee), portland, orFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
management is very helpful and coworkers can be very friendly
sometimes it can be hectic when it gets very busy.
the most enjoyable part is working with everyone and making the customers happy
Not my type of job
CREW MEMEBER (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 24, 2015
a place where it is hard to keep busy during slow times. didn't really like it. enjoyed working at McDonalds rather then here.
Fast pace and very rewarding line of work.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch, flexible schedule
A typical day includes greetings at the door and a very fun and friendly environment. The co-workers work as a team and help with the stress levels that are expected to occur while working in such a busy store. The skills learned are valuable. From learning to use a knife, to dealing with customers, and learning to work as a team.
Very good place to acquire managment skills.
Crew (Former Employee), chicago,ilFebruary 24, 2015
Work was usually very busy and fast paced. Management would do a decent job, expect for a few of them. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make food for so many people.

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Salaries