Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 3,631 reviews matching the search
Productive work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAApril 17, 2017
I always enjoyed the food service industry, although when we had new management i really disliked how the transition occurred because non of the crew members got introduced, and the new management was rude and lazy.
productive and fun place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2017
I was responsible for opening preparation of all food, and made sure that we were always clean, organized, and socked with food. I also was responsible for inventory and ordering all food and supplies as needed. I would also encourage and elevate my team to create a uniquely extraordinary restaurant experience for every one of our customers and crew.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
have to know the litterateur
No pay Great job
Top performer crew member (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 17, 2017
Fun place to work, great culture food and management. There too much to do, not enough time or crew. They want everything chopped by hand, like get a food processor, so what if its not hand chopped?
Pros
great culture free lunch
Cons
BAD PAY!
productive and fun workplace which needed better managers
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 17, 2017
I get dressed in my uniform and clock in. Most of the time I was cleaning the store or I would be on grill cooking. I didn't learn much just that managers wasn't far to me and that I ready knew how to cook. The managers were taking money out of people pay and they keep asking me to do work while they stand around talking to people. Which made the workplace uncomfortable to work there. The hardest part of working there was when I was on rices and they keep asking me the go back and forward between the kitchen and the lobby while still cook and keeping the place clean and stocked. The most enjoyable part was cooking on grill because I like cooking.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work if the conditions are right
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268April 17, 2017
Fun place to work if the conditions are right. The people really make the job or break the job. Chipotle as a company is very good about their standards and how you treat the food and the customers. Some managers are too aggressive in assuring that everything is perfect I understand that we as a team need to meet the company standards but the way in which the managers work with their team has a huge influence.
Pros
Free meal with every shift
tedious but fun
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Inner Harbor, MDApril 17, 2017
During my time at Chipotle Mexican Grill i learned a multitude of skills that is still practice today when im in the mood for cooking, i learned how to get the perfect slice in a tomato and i also learned the best way to prepare chicken.
If you love interaction, apply.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 17, 2017
Chipotle is a great place to work for those who love the interaction with guests and crew. Very positive place to work but also hard work and it is difficult to move up to higher management because it depends on the managers above you.
Great environment to work in if the management is worthy.
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penn State University, PA to Norman, OkApril 17, 2017
At work I would come in prepare any food that was needed for the rest of the day. If food was ready I would clean the store, bust tables, check the restrooms, do some dishes. If it was a morning shift I would make unto a 100 bags of chips. I mostly worked on the line making people food. If I was not on the line I was running the cashier. The work culture was very friend/family oriented. It made you feel like you were appreciated and cared for. The hardest part of the job was when I changed Chipotle's and the management was very different and not as friendly. The best part of the job was enjoying coming to work and working with all my coworkers.
Pros
employee meals every shift
Cons
Cute everyones hours because overstaffed
I have lots of energy and enthusiasm whatever my task.
Waiter and Busboy (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2017
I can work anytime or even stress time as far as the owners of Mexican grill will fairly paid me on my work hours.
I can serves the food to the customer properly and accurately.
I can do manage the customer needs
I am friendly person and I want to have a friendly co-worker as far as, we work together
there are times that very stressful so be patient while I am working I think I can.
more customers that u can serve them and they will satisfy to your service.
Cons
healthcare, and break time
Lots of good people
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2017
Lots of good people across the organization. Ability to work on your interests and strengths as there is plenty of work to go around. Chips and guac delivered every Thursday!

Want to know more about Chipotle Mexican Grill?

Ask a question
Pretty great besides management.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 16, 2017
Some were just as young as me and didn't have an idea about what to do sometimes. I would recommend this job for high school students and college students visiting for breaks.
productive work family
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 15, 2017
everyone worked well as a team. i enjoyed having that job and working everyday and providing the customers with good service. i did all of the job duties of a manager.
It's a good entry-level job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 15, 2017
...and by entry level, I mean first-job -- not the buzzword used to make sure you know you won't be paid very well. As a crew member, you'll be expected to crosstrain on MOST of the stations (line, grill, dishwash, etc) and basically be flexible should someone not show up (it'll happen. a lot.).
On top of that, some days felt like the place was understaffed even when everyone showed. You're expected to stand up your whole shift, around hot equipment. You get a 30min break if you work at least 4hrs if I recall correctly.

Otherwise, the food is super tasty, you get a free meal on days you work, and 50% off once a day as well. There's no junk you'll feel guilty of serving to people; the ingredients used there really are good.
Pros
Free lunch; 50% off once daily
Cons
It's work.
Chipotle with an amazing work experience but it did come with this challenges and I feel that not all of them please get treated fairly.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHApril 15, 2017
My experience at Chipotle was great but I feel that some of the managers don't treat the employees with the respect they deserve and one mistake at Chipotle it's like a death sentence.
Pros
Great and supportive co-workers
Cons
Some of the customers can be rude at time
na
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 15, 2017
you don't get many hours or many days. The average day went by with ease you prep food. You start off with a kind environment. People there find the littlest thing to complain about even if your working to improve. I recommend no one to work here.
Extremely fast pace and always new things being learned
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sarasota FloridaApril 15, 2017
Chipotle has made me learn to catch on quickly and never stop moving. I am a fast learner and I love to learn new things! Chipotle does have a large amounts of benefits for the employees as well as payed breaks.
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Balance with life and work is hard here
Fun place, flakey people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHApril 14, 2017
I liked working here I didn't work here long tho people come and go a lot switching stores but the people never want to help each other out and you get critized a lot on things you never got trained on to begin with. Fun environment and customers are pretty great but the people don't care about anyone but themselves...
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment
Cons
People dont help each other out
Not Fun , And Not A Good Vibe
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
Didnt Like It at all & Had Too Quick Because Of A Family Emergency . I do not recommend this job . It was really good structure but they are not nice and niether are they friendly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People werent nice at all
fast pace
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 13, 2017
work will start 3 hours before open, with that being said we have 3 hrs to prep all the foods. everything is fresh, I learned how to cook meats as well as make chips. the workplaces were always clean not a crumb on the ground table swipe quickly and efficiently. family-base employers
Pros
lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Good Workplace
Line Crew and Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 13, 2017
Working for Chipotle has been a valuable experience and has taught me a lot. The benefits are great! Above minimum wage, part time employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401k, etc. The culture is good but the company is constantly changing the ways and procedures in which to do things, so that can be a bit frustrating. Management is good and you can easily move your way up in the company if you are willing to put the time in and have managers above you willing to help you. I've been working here for two years and have yet to progress past crew.
Pros
Free meals, benefits
Cons
Hard work, fast paced, rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews by Location