Chipotle Mexican Grill

1.6K reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches; 50% off meals any other time; health care; paid breaks
-fast paced
-fun environment
-great team
-great management
-great customer service
-hardest part is how fast paced it is
-best part is how much fun you'll have
Working at chipotle helps you build bonds with your crew.
MANAGER (Former Employee), Malibu, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay was great
Cons: shoes were not so comfy
A typical day at work would be training my crew, help guest with any questions. I`d give them a tour of our menu and explain how it works.
I have learned how to make schedules, how to run a shift, how to make food orders and take inventory. Management is great they give you all the support you need to move up with the company.
My co-workers are helpful always asking questions to get the job done correct and for them to train others to be great. The most enjoyable part of the job is arriving to work and everyone ready to help all hands in and have a great shift.
I have an awesome time working each and everyday
Service Manager (Current Employee), elk grove/ caJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch/paid breaks
A typical day for me is making sure my team is being lead by an empowering supervisor. I create an uniquely extraordinary restaurant experience for my customers and crew. I am a top performer always making people better by leading by example. Ive learned so much from working here. I learned about everyones different personalities and how to deal with them. The enjoyable part to deal with at work is that our environment is special and that we all care for each other as a family. There was no job that i couldn't handle therefore I feel like there was no hard part in my job.
Good place to work if you put in a lot of time there.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 29, 2015
Pros: Supportive crew, good food, fast advancement
Cons: short breaks, very fast paced, easy to make mistakes and ruin something
I worked prep most of the time so my day consisted of preparing all the food except for the meat and rice that would be used as the day moved along. Being the new guy I spent a lot of time doing dishes, the more time you put in each week at Chipotle really decides what job you get stuck with. Because I went to school full time I never really got out of dish work by working 3-4 days a week. I would usually work opening shift and I would often arrive on time but still have to wait 10 minuets before the manager would finally arrive and unlock the doors so I could get in and work. It would then be a mad dash to make up time before the lunch rush as getting the restaurant started takes a lot of time. The work always felt very rushed unless you worked closing shift. I was fortunate to work with a very supportive and very skilled group of people who could pick up slack when needed and support anyone new to the job. Which is good because there was a constant stream of new hires and fires or people just quitting. There were a good ten people who have been there for years (including managers) but there were always another 5 new people that would alternate shifts and seemingly pop in and out of existence. Chipotle isn't really a job for someone who wants to go to school and work, they will work their scedual around your study but if you put school first you'll feel left behind when it comes to promotions. I worked there for a good six months and have seen new hires become managers in half the time I worked there while I was still stuck doing dishes. If you want to do something other than just one job at Chipotle you need to put in all the time you can and work there full time.
Fast-paced workplace with free food
Cashier (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free Chipotle
Cons: Fast-paced
Fast-paced environment but with fun coworkers. Management is good at running place, but not so supportive. Expected to know what to do without being asked.
My favorite job of all times
Prep/Grill/Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2015
easy to be considered to be advanced in the company. pay is what I wanted to make and the hours of operation weren't really late. I enjoyed working with all the people there we got work done but we also had fun as well. we had some issues with changing managers often but other then that it was a great place to work for.
Fun People, But Not A Great Environment
TAKE OUT SPECIALIST/CREW (Current Employee), Warrenton, VAJune 29, 2015
As much as I love Chipotle and their vision and how much of a people culture they are, the location I worked at was not the greatest. A typical day at work for me consisted of coming in at either 7 or 8am. I made salsa or guacamole, and if I finished early I'd help everyone else finish up their tasks so we could go on break on time. Which almost never happened. I'd work the line all the day and deal with customers in a polite and friendly manor. I've learned many skills that are useful for when I cook at home, but I'm not entirely interested in cooking much now since I work 5 days of the week with food. Management is...okay. Some managers are preferred much more than others. While I love my General Manager, he is not the brightest crayon in the box. My co-workers are alright. While they have good qualities, their not so good ones seem to out-weigh what I do like about them. For me, there isn't really any enjoyable part of the job, being that the environment is very stressful, hectic, and overwhelming. You never leave on time, there are always things to be done, and it doesn't matter what you do. A good chunk of the people there will never be satisfied with your work. Love the company, but not the location in which I worked at.
fun productive work place
crew member (Former Employee), orlando flJune 29, 2015
It was fun going to work, a typical day consisted of going in with coffee waiting for the crew, some tunes to start out the day and nothing but hard work and dedication for the rest of the day. everyone always got along and it was fun and fast paced; always something to do.
Manager shift leader
Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Fun working enviorment
Cons: Short hours
Trained new workers on various stations. Adjusted schedule to workers needs and store hours. Insured customer satisfaction.
Productive and fast paced work place
Crew (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Chipotle was arriving at 8:00am to prepare the day's food such as salsa, guacamole, and the chipotle vinaigrette At 10:45 we would open the store then I would keep an upbeat and good while helping customers and preparing meals for customers based off their verbal orders. My coworkers were all in good moods and there to help when I needed it as I was there when they needed a hand. The whole crew works very well together.
very productive and amazing people
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2015
the job at chipotle was consistent and repetition its a ongoing day always making sure its running smoothly when I started I was a dish washer and moved up my way threw the stations until supervisor.
I learned how to run a business and communications skills it was a great experience. co-workers was like a family there always helping each other and once a week we set meetings how to improve and grow. hardest part of the job it was to have other locations on the same page. the most I enjoy was the hours and the quality of work it was a great fun enviroment
Great place to work part time.
Crew member (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, paid breaks
Cons: Short breaks
you have to be a leader and not a follower. Have high slandered in any task that the manager give to you some managers do some dont.But either then that it is a great place to work part time.
Cross training/ Line cook, Food Prep, Team lead
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJune 27, 2015
Cross training/ Line cook, Food Prep, Team lead
Cross training/ Lin cook, Food Prep, Team lead

A great place to work with a great staff and fair management.
Great to work for, can be demanding and hectic
Restaurant Team Member - Crew (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Management
Overall fun to work for, good compensation. Management needed some work, work could become disorganized and hectic. Would work for again.
Great work place with customers
Training manager (Current Employee), Homewood, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
I loved the company but the management team needed to learn how to work together. they did things off of feeling instead of proffesional. i helped out and trained people. my co workers got a lone for the most part no strong management no strong team.
You definitely learn hard work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cool people
Cons: Short breaks, Schedule always changes, Management
Everything you do at Chipotle is about High Standards and being fast! If youre not the type of person that likes to be constantly moving, this is not the job for you. Chipotle is intense, but you learn a lot. You learn how to cut, prep, and cook a variety of food.

Every Chipotle restaurant is difference, however, so every employee will have a different experience working there.
Good BUT Different
Crew Member (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great Environment
Cons: Different Management Skills
Chipotle was a great environment. different culture , different people. great energy when it came to the food. seeing the people smile coming in and out was the best feeling for me.
stressful and confusing
cook (Former Employee), Homewood, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
chipotle homewood is the most stressful place to work.
talk about a company that doesnt practice what they preach. For most it is a stomping ground to develop knife skills.
very busy work place, with fun loving people
Grill and Prep Team Leader (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no flexibility, they didnt care for us.
At chipotle once you walked through the door you are to be properly dressed before you are to clock in. my days at chipotle consisted of helping customers, managing communication an team work, as well showing or teaching some one the proper way to make, cook, or do something the hardest art was keeping up with the pace. the most enjoyable parts were the people Because of how positive an out going they were.
busy and fun place to work at
Crew/cashier (Former Employee), Hermosa Beach, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: poor hours
typical day at work would be like if i was at a family gathering everyone gave each other a hand on everything.lovely place too work at.
Headquarters