Chippenham Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and educational.
OR-Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2017
It's challenging kind of work using nursing knowledge and practice.Everyday we have different OR cases. We do assessment before we start our case and communication to the patient, family, and the whole medical and surgical team are very important part of the success of the procedure. Our practice in nursing in the OR is safety to the patient and the team making sure that everything is followed according to the standard and policy of the hospital.We have a good working relationship in our department and we have great opportunity to learn in each case.Most our cases is unique in it's own way, and we manage to finish on time with great success.
I enjoyed a lot while working in the unit though we have some minimal problems and difficulties encountered along the way.
If we met some problems while working, we have lots of resources wherein we could ask for to help us out solving our problems. I know it's hard at the start,but as I continue to work I was able to build confidence in my job knowing that everyday there is always a challenge encountered..The hardest part of the job I encountered is the first month of the training but the good thing is i have also a good preceptor which help me a lot to learn everything.
Pros
Break is on time
Cons
It's always busy
Chipp
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2017
It was a stepping stone for me, so I thought, but after a while I figured out that I no longer had the desire to want to become a nurse anymore. I'm glad I figured that out before going any further.
productive , you will always learn something new there
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2017
you will always learn something new everyday , the people there are always nice when i get in there and start pulling charts some of my co worker will help me with if they notice when there is a large volume of records waiting for me to analyze. i also have to fax records out to doctor office as. then my next step is to help doctor pull there records to by sign and log in record. the best part of my job is when i can get a doctor that has a large amount of records to get off our pending, that can also be the hardest part of my job too.
Pros
great people, learning experience
Cons
long hour, large volume of work
A good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoy my time their at Chippenham Hospital/ I got meet different people from different part of the world/ the work experience was a learning lesson/
Pros
They show appreciation for the housekeepers& give awards for there hard work
Cons
Lunch break to short
Former RN from Peds floor.
RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2016
Working on the 7th floor of Chipenham with the kids was amazing. Truly the most rewarding job in my life. The staff of that particular floor is phenomenal. You will not find better co-workers. They are there to support you in your work and life. The kids of course are always my favorite to take care of. It's very rewarding making a difference in a child and families life. This job allows for that.
Pros
The co-workers, physicians, staff, management are amazing.
Cons
Long hours, little support from the hospital because Peds is not a " money maker"
Great beginning work place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2016
Chippenham has taught me a lot at a steady pace with great coworkers in environment. Coworkers easy to get a long with and help make the day go by quickly.
Productive and a fun place to work at. I've learned so much.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2016
Usually I would first go tot Volunteer services to sign myself in and possibly do a few errands such as discharging patients, giving out urine tests, delivering flowers, etc. Then I would go down to HR and help out at the front desk taking appointments, filing, using the telephone, doing insurance and providing the patients information. I would also organize files and make name tags for the new employees. Faxing and Scanning things were things I would do most of the time. The people I worked with very positive and very friendly.
Pros
Free lunches & great co-workers
Cons
N/a
Disorganized and disinterested management
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Tucker PavilionMarch 25, 2016
The morale at Chippenham/Tucker Pavilion is very poor. Staff are dropping like flies and complaints are rampant about not having enough staffing for it to be safe for patients and employees. Management is unhelpful and don't appear to care about morale, employee development or safety. Pay scale is poor and there is a lot of turnover.
Pros
Some good nurses and other staff
Cons
management disengagement
Pharmacy Automation Technician
Pharmacy Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Working at Chippenham for eight years and in this role for the past four years requires a lot of time and energy.
Management at Chippenham pharmacy was very difficult to work with in this role and they had no consideration for your time. You will work a lot of hours in this role so if you have a family please consider this.
I was responsible for 100% of the automation role even though I worked in the role 50% of the time and the other time I staffed because we didn't have anyone.A lot of people have left the company and a lot were let go. It's a roller coaster ride that I'm so happy I was able to get off.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Chippenham hospital was a great place to work, my boss was awesome and he made you wanted to work hard

A typical day is very busy and fast paced with constant changes in assignment. Management would pull you from task to assist other co-workers when needed and necessary
Pros
rewards
Cons
self disappointment
Really stressful place to work
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2016
The Radiologists are great, but that's where it ends. Management is less than adequate and does not listen or get things resolved when there is a problem or an issue.
PRN position small unit with low patient census
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Hardest part was getting adjusted to feeling unwelcomed as a newcomer from other nurses and controlling coworkers, most enjoyable part is working with the children
A day at work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2015
Fun place to work for with supportive management. Great benefits insurance wise, I love my co-workers and my boss. Overall, a pretty relaxing enviroment.

Comment – December 14, 2015

What a joke, supportive management? More like favortism, and only looking out for yourself. The most stressful job I've ever had.

The hardest part of my job
Director of Throughput Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 3, 2015
The hardest part of my job is work life balance.
There are never enough hours in the day to get done everything done.
I take my lap top home and work from home.
Pros
Can make my own hours
Cons
Taking my wrk home
most enjoyable part
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from all walks of life, as well as making a difference in a patients life or even just their day.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
organization
its a job..
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2015
I love my job but its too many people here who wants to be the boss, there's no team work, a lot of favoritism and too many lies being told.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay and too much drama
productive work place
REGISTERED NURSE/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2015
Adequate resources provided for patients and families. proper staff number most shifts which provided a safe work environment
Pros
8hr shifts
Cons
rotating shifts mandatory
Productive and fun work enviroment
Resource Allocation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2015
Management could be a little easier to work with when it comes to work and home life balance. I enjoyed working here but the hours where to long and not steady
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks, time off policies
Suppy tech for Hospital.
HCA CENTRAL ATLANTIC SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  richmond vaApril 8, 2015
Very busy, i learn a lot from different people nurses and patients
my co-workers fun and we a team work. the hardest part of the job is we didnt have enough people work but i enjoy to work there.
Challenging and rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2014
Our workdays usually consisted of shifts ranging between 13-15 hours. We also stayed very busy during our shifts and because of this I learned to prioritize and excellent time management skills. The co-workers at Chippenham would consistently help with case loads because our floor was very intense. The hardest part of the job was to leave work at work and not bring it home. The best part of my job was when I was able to help patients smile while in the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chippenham Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8