Chippenham Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Chippenham hospital was a great place to work, my boss was awesome and he made you wanted to work hard

A typical day is very busy and fast paced with constant changes in assignment. Management would pull you from task to assist other co-workers when needed and necessary
Pros
rewards
Cons
self disappointment
Pharmacy Automation Technician
Pharmacy Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Working at Chippenham for eight years and in this role for the past four years requires a lot of time and energy.
Management at Chippenham pharmacy was very difficult to work with in this role and they had no consideration for your time. You will work a lot of hours in this role so if you have a family please consider this.
I was responsible for 100% of the automation role even though I worked in the role 50% of the time and the other time I staffed because we didn't have anyone.A lot of people have left the company and a lot were let go. It's a roller coaster ride that I'm so happy I was able to get off.
Disorganized and disinterested management
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Tucker PavilionMarch 25, 2016
The morale at Chippenham/Tucker Pavilion is very poor. Staff are dropping like flies and complaints are rampant about not having enough staffing for it to be safe for patients and employees. Management is unhelpful and don't appear to care about morale, employee development or safety. Pay scale is poor and there is a lot of turnover.
Pros
Some good nurses and other staff
Cons
management disengagement
Productive and a fun place to work at. I've learned so much.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2016
Usually I would first go tot Volunteer services to sign myself in and possibly do a few errands such as discharging patients, giving out urine tests, delivering flowers, etc. Then I would go down to HR and help out at the front desk taking appointments, filing, using the telephone, doing insurance and providing the patients information. I would also organize files and make name tags for the new employees. Faxing and Scanning things were things I would do most of the time. The people I worked with very positive and very friendly.
Pros
Free lunches & great co-workers
Cons
N/A
A day at work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2015
Fun place to work for with supportive management. Great benefits insurance wise, I love my co-workers and my boss. Overall, a pretty relaxing enviroment.

Comment – December 14, 2015

What a joke, supportive management? More like favortism, and only looking out for yourself. The most stressful job I've ever had.

Really stressful place to work
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2016
The Radiologists are great, but that's where it ends. Management is less than adequate and does not listen or get things resolved when there is a problem or an issue.
The hardest part of my job
Director of Throughput Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 3, 2015
The hardest part of my job is work life balance.
There are never enough hours in the day to get done everything done.
I take my lap top home and work from home.
Pros
Can make my own hours
Cons
Taking my wrk home
PRN position small unit with low patient census
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Hardest part was getting adjusted to feeling unwelcomed as a newcomer from other nurses and controlling coworkers, most enjoyable part is working with the children
Productive and fun work enviroment
Resource Allocation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2015
Management could be a little easier to work with when it comes to work and home life balance. I enjoyed working here but the hours where to long and not steady
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks, time off policies
most enjoyable part
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from all walks of life, as well as making a difference in a patients life or even just their day.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
organization
Lack ethics.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 19, 2012
This place lacks ethics as far as helping mothers and scheduling suck. It's not Chippenham Hospital but Tucker Pavillion. The management have no morals.
Pros
the benefits are ok. the employee week is sweet, great gifts!
Cons
short breaks, management doesn't know how to talk to the staff.
Challenging and rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2014
Our workdays usually consisted of shifts ranging between 13-15 hours. We also stayed very busy during our shifts and because of this I learned to prioritize and excellent time management skills. The co-workers at Chippenham would consistently help with case loads because our floor was very intense. The hardest part of the job was to leave work at work and not bring it home. The best part of my job was when I was able to help patients smile while in the hospital.
Great company to work for
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2014
I worked for this company during undergrad. It was truly a great place to work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement
its a job..
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2015
I love my job but its too many people here who wants to be the boss, there's no team work, a lot of favoritism and too many lies being told.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay and too much drama
productive work place
REGISTERED NURSE/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2015
Adequate resources provided for patients and families. proper staff number most shifts which provided a safe work environment
Pros
8hr shifts
Cons
rotating shifts mandatory
Suppy tech for Hospital.
HCA CENTRAL ATLANTIC SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  richmond vaApril 8, 2015
Very busy, i learn a lot from different people nurses and patients
my co-workers fun and we a team work. the hardest part of the job is we didnt have enough people work but i enjoy to work there.
Experienced Customer Service Representative
Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2014
I am an experienced customer service representative, I have current training in health care but I have also worked in sales, general customer service, retail and home loans. I am well rounded in being able to work with customers and there issues and I am willing to learn more and I love working with people. I am currently in Virginia but I am willing to travel and relocate if needed.

Karter
Advancement availability
Nurse/ Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 4, 2013
Busy facility with multiple patient scenarios. Working various floors from med-surg, telemetry and orthopedics.
Pros
locations
Cons
patient load
Need balance between mangemet and staff
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2013
Having balance between the staff and HR considering different issues among worker and staff.
Equipment Tech
Equipment tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2012
Got started in respiratory here. Was responsible for assembling and setting up equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chippenham Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7