Chippenham Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Y2K Facility Coordinator Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2017
The work environment was great. The staff and management were great. I enjoyed upgrading the hospital PCs. I enjoyed researching IT equipment for Y2K compliance.
Imporvement is required to keep associates motivated.
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 11, 2017
The opportunity for job advancement is limited. No room for growth. Management is not open to feedback, showing favoritism is not professional in the workplace.
Wonderful co-workers, supportive supervisors
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Chippenham. I refuse to write anything negative about them. I need a change of environment. The overall culture has changed there. I look forward to working in a more patient-care oriented facility. I would love to work in a unit that has support staff such as a unit secretary.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Too much work that is not patient--related
Autonomy of therapists, great team player enviroment, hard and demanding work at times.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  7101 Jahnke Rd, Richmond, VA. 23225July 7, 2015
At Chippenham every day was different because we did not know what assignment we would have. We normally had an ICU with maybe 2 or 3 general floor assignments, unless the ICU was very busy. Due to the high workload volume I learned to prioritize and delegate because many times my services were needed in two or more places at the same time. Management and coworkers were great team players, helping each other to ensure that all patients recieved the best of care.
The best part of working in a hospital is working with and getting to know great patients and their families and see them leave the hospital in better spirits and health than when I met them. The hardest part was removing life support for a loved one while the family watched and losing very young individuals in codes.
Pros
Flexible spending account debit cards for health services
Cons
Sometimes too busy to eat.
great people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
I love it there. I've been their for 28 years and always look forward going to work. Can't get enough of working there. I LOVE IT!!!
Pros
great people
Fast paced hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Richmond VAMay 19, 2015
Chippenham Medical Center offers an opportunity to provide various levels of patient care. Overall a great team environment with exceptional patient care as a priority.
fast paced environment with strict attention to detail
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 13, 2014
worked with ECI as an administrative assistant to the ER physicians; collect their charts for their shift worked; check for accuracy and completion.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the physicians
Pros
Christmas bonnuses
Cons
A good place for students and older people who need something to do.
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaSeptember 5, 2014
We prepared the food line to serve the patients. I learned a lot about different diets that people have to be on due to health issues. Management was good. I loved my co-workers. We all lived somewhat near each other and stayed close. There wasn't anything hard about the job. It was fun while I was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work and having a relationship with my co-workers, they made it fun. We were able to get the job done in a certain amount of time.
Pros
working with great people, fun atmosphere, great food
Cons
I didn't like cleaning the food trucks and I didn't like walking on a slippery floor
Hard to leave
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 31, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Chippenham, however it is not the right place for me at this time. I loved the people and the challenge, but trying to attend school full time while working here has been difficult. I have worked with amazing staff and physicians and have been exposed to trauma and critically ill patients, which I enjoy, however I need a change.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
low pay, short staffed
I enjoyed working for CMC for 16 years as a flexi nurse, which entailed gainging much experience working in all units, with all possible age groups.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2013
Upon graduating from nursing school, receiving an Associate of Science degree in Nursing, my first position was fulltime on 4th floor telemetry unit for one year. I then went on to work as a flexi nurse, where I worked in all units, caring for patients of all ages, gaining experience with a wide variety of skills for 13 years. Following the flexi pool, I worked on the 2nd floor medical/surgical unit for 2 years, primary care of up to 6 patients from admission to discharge, handling all aspects of professional nursing care. A typical 12 hour shift was fast paced which entailed physical assessments, IV initiation and maintenance, tracheostomy care, foley catheter insertion and maintenance, wound care, pain management, and emotional care to name a few skills required for this position. I learned how to prioritize care of multiple patients, while working with a close, tight knit group of nurses, who could be relied on for assistance. The hardest part of the job was the frustration of caring for 'frequent flyer' patients that would have recurrent admissions for the same ailments who the staff had seemed to not have the desired success at helping. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely getting to know your patients and developing a relationship with them and their families.
Pros
monetary compensation and benefits.
Cons
feeling like a number in such a large facility.
Nice, relax workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day helping patients, loved my co-worker, management very helpful.
Enjoyed serving food
Nutrition Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2012
I worked 12 hour shifts four on and three off 8am-8pm. I checked a trayline for over 300 patients. I monitored tempertures for food and freezers and refridgeration.

Mangement was not all on one page and staff saw that which made them play leaders against on another.

the hardest part of my job was dealing with leaders not being on the same page as me as leader by following policies and procedures.

the most enjoyable part was making customers happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12hour shifts
Teamwork
Environmental Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2012
Teamwork plays a big role in our environment. It helps the day go by quicker and easier. It is also fun.
Pros
movie tickets, free lunch
Cons
staffing and schedule
I loved my job!!!!
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2012
Working at the hospital was a good place to work, the benefits were excellent, and the doctor's were incredible. I learned a lot working in the hospital, the different terminology in order to communicate with the physician's and administrative staff better. My co-workers were good, they were friendly most of the time. I enjoyed seeing the physicians and talking to them they were really nice and I loved helping them.
Chippenham Medical Center
Patient Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 21, 2012
The management was awful, but I loved my job! They love flexibility. I wouldn't really say that I learned anything. The my co-workers were just that "co-workers".
Busy step down unit following heart surgery
Department Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2012
I learned a lot about heart disease. I was sent to a class on telemetry which helped me learned different rhythms. I learned how to read doctor's handwriting which sometimes looked like Greek. My co-workers were OK for the most part. The hardest part of the job was finding things to do when we were not busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different patients and their families.
Pros
lots of parking space
Cons
short lunch breaks