Chipton Ross Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed the company and the individuals that I worked with, management, supervisors all included in the projects were well educated and showed professionalism at all times
Pros
very quite atmosphere, work at your pace
Cons
the contracts were to short, less than a year
Chipton Ross
AH-64 General Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245April 1, 2017
Enjoyed working for Chipton Ross. They were a great contractor to work for. I did not have any trouble and seem to be there for the Contract workers.
never knows anything
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 8, 2017
They seem unfamiliar with the procedures of working with the customer who contracts them. A lot of confusion with the employer when issues arise with place of employment.
Long hours, but very well paid
Manufacturing Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 7, 2016
While with Chipton-Ross I was contracted to work at the Boeing SC plant. I was well paid, but I was also working 12 hours a day for either 6 or 7 days a week. I loved the money but I didn't really care to be at work 70-80 hours a week. Other than that everything was great. I got along with everyone and the work was easy (very repetitive, but still easy).
Pros
Very well paid
Great contract experience
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2016
I took my first contract job with Chipton Ross and it has been a fantastic experience. Never met anyone from Chipton but I was taken care of via email and over the phone very easily. Only a 2 month assignment for me and I wish there was another one. Great experience so far.
Great place to work for!
Logistic Supply Technician (JSOC) (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 22, 2016
It was a great experience to work for this company. I didn't have any real problems to report. I wish I could have kept this job , but it was a temp job!
Pros
cool employees
Cons
no really
Great contract employment company!
Technical Designer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 1, 2016
Chipton-Ross has always been good to me and respond to questions/requests promptly. They are based in another state and have never met anyone from corporate though. I work with several other CR employees. The most uncomfortable thing I would say is that there is no accrued vacation time, so financial planning is a must. Especially if the company you are working for has holiday shutdowns. You do get a "bonus" after you have worked 2000 hours, which is a week's pay, so essentially that would be your pay for the week if you took a vacation.
Pros
Great pay, flexible work schedule, accomodating
Cons
no accrued vacation or sick pay
Great way to get introduced to major Aerospace companies.
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CaliforniaNovember 1, 2016
I found that both Chipton-Ross and Northrop Grumman Aerospace were excellent companies to work for. I had no problems keeping in communication with CR and interface with the client, NG. I thought that CR did a great job getting me all the stuff I needed to complete to get hired on and kept in touch with me throughout. Problems were resolved immediately. I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers at Northrop and CR. This has been a great experience for me and I even got directly hired by the client at the end of my contract. I also thoroughly enjoyed working task analysis for one of the drone programs. This job has definitely refined my skill set.
Pros
Great upbeat co-workers and socializing after work.
Cons
California cost of living and lack of benefits.
Very confined work spaces.
WORK CONTROL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 18, 2016
2 hours to transit from home to the work site. The bathrooms are all nasty and full of graffiti. There is minimal effort by the company to provide any solution for basic employee comforts.
Versitle and friendly
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 7, 2016
Contract firm with a comprehensive portfolio of positions. All staff members are professional and friendly, ready to help, and answer questions quickly.
Order takers, no return phone calls
Grunt (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 4, 2016
Terrible employee support. My contract at Chipton Ross (North Charleston) does not return phone calls. I have to call until I catch him at his desk. I have to call him to suggest jobs. Says he will find out and call me back......But does not.

Simply an order taker......
Pros
Contracts with good companies
Cons
No support, no return phone calls
Good Company always has Job Opportunities
Contractor / Jig & Fixture Bldr Sr (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 31, 2016
This Company has been a great place to work for. They are always attentive to my requests and have expedited when needed.
An agency dedicated to finding temp/fulltime work for people
Temp. Secretary, Northrop Grumman (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 24, 2016
- Support at company to assist on various department needs.
- Learned to be very flexable in changing environments and job venures
- Very pleasant
- Excepted well
- being temporary, moving from area to area in a company
- Though position was temporary, relied upn to handle the ongoing task of the department.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new task and software
Cons
Not stable income
Good people, experienced staff
Contract Aircraft Structure Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, ca.September 4, 2015
Good hours, asks for opinions and involves employees in decisions which affect our productivity. Respects my knowledge and experience. Team concept used to achieve company goals.
Pros
Good working environment
Great leasing company
Financial Analysis Operations Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Newport NewsJune 2, 2015
great way to get into a larger company. Great company that offers insurance and holiday pay. Woman owned company based out of California
Employed as a contractor with no chance of advancement
Wiring Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 14, 2015
I was employed as a contractor to Boeing SC
In this capacity there is no opportunity to advance and no job security. there was no option as to work hours and often contractors were expected to work 7 days a week.
Pros
Ample opportunity for overtime
Cons
these jobs should be considered as temporary
Contractor status
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 22, 2015
As a contractor it has been steady work for the same base company, however, not having vacation or sick time has been frustrating.
This is a great company, make sure you are aware of the work schedule and time off requirements.
I was with Chipton Ross one month
engineer Learning ,Training and Development. (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I was with Boeing one month and then laid off. I spent the month in training.
Pros
was not there long enough tpo form an opinion.
Cons
was not there long enough to fkorma an opinion
I loved this job because it was challenging and I always learned something new every day,
Product Acceptance Specialist - Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2014
After spending 5 weeks in class receiving the required certifications to inspect 787's a typical day at work was spent answering mechanics calls to inspect completed work. I enjoyed management because 1st, we had daily meetings keeping lines of communication open and I never felt uncomfortable asking a question I didn't know the answer too. The majority of my coworkers including mechanics, engineers, MMO's, etc worked together as a team.
Pros
learning something new daily and enjoyed going to my job daily
Cons
The parking.
Nothing to say
Resource Coordinator/Administrative Layout Focal (Current Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 5, 2014
This isn't necessary - far as I can tell - if you want to know more phone them
Pros
nice
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipton Ross. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval