CHMB

CHMB Employer Reviews

serenity and clean work enviroment
Full Charge Medical Biller/Administrative Asst (Current Employee), Lisle, ILJune 30, 2014
Working for CHMB has been both rewarding and challenging work place. i enjoy the people that I work with and have maintained a professional relationship with all the employees.
Disorganized, disloyal, worst managers I have ever worked for
Implementation (Current Employee), San DiegoApril 17, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: long, long weeks and a lot of stress
Everyone working on the team is stressed - waiting to be terminated. Management doesn't care about it's employees - and the HR manager feels it is okay to work 80 hours a week every week because "hours don't get counted for salaried employees".

Benefits offered are the worst in the industry.

If you have options - don't work for this company - they will use you up then terminate you.
Positive Changes are underway
Manager (Current Employee), Escondido, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great people, great customer service, good benefits and lots of positive initiatives coming
Cons: those individuals who don't want to be a part of positive changes
Although CHMB may have had challenges in the past, some due to the economy over the last few years, there are many positive changes happening! I am very optimistic about the future of CHMB and we are all working hard to make it a great place to work. There have been several recent improvements and employees are being given an opportunity to be a part of the change by providing feedback!

If you are looking to be part of great things to come and want to work to meet the needs of our clients, then CHMB is a great place to work! The sky is the limit and we need great people to help us continuously improve and grow the business!
Depressing.
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Escondido,CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: the company
Environment was consistently depressing. Just not the type of environment I wanted to subject myself too. The work wasn't bad at all, if you do not mind doing the work of 30+ people and getting chewed out. Basically, how it was for everyone there. I am trying to better myself professionally and I just felt as if the company was holding me back, instead of appreciating everything I did on a daily basis.
Discriminatory
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Lisle, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: no chance for growth. constant 'pay freeze'. low salaries
Had 3 male employees (billing specialists) and fired them all for various 'reasons'. Had female employees who had work performances that were not up to expectations but kept them.
not employer friendly
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Lisle, ILOctober 16, 2013
Worked at the Chicago location, management was not fair at all. They expect you to do the work of a couple of people in one day but pay you low
Hard to trust
Still working (Current Employee), CAApril 11, 2013
Pros: do your work and go home
Cons: zero loyality, no teamwork, benefits stink, management is all about the money
The only advantage is when working from home, They are very quick to terminate for no cause and call it a layoff when business slows or a client is lost.

Senior management is knowledgeable but cold when it comes to spending their money.

Benefits are terrible. Due to the many women that work in this industry the vast majority use their spouses benefit package. This is part of the reason why CHMB cannot get a lower rate.

They are desperately trying to learn how to do something other than work with Allscripts. but every time they do the job is done poorly and the client leaves.

The culture is poor, there in almost zero after work relationships or effort put in to get to know a new member. At home workers must come to the home office on a regular basis and past 5pm you do not exist to them. Just go to your hotel and we will see you tomorrow.

Work / life is fine
Fast growing company
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee), Escondido, CA.June 20, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: long work days
CHMB is a challenging and fast paced environment that creates a large learning curve conducive to snyone that starves for new technology and integrating it with business revenue streams. The owners are very ambitious entrepeneurial people who create a lot of drive and desire in thier employees for success.

April 11, 2013

Did marketing post this?

June 30, 2013

In my experience, this company seems to typically lay-off employees. Additionally, the prey on the weak; meaning they promote the convenience of working from home to single moms yet, work THEM with minimal pay/off the clock. Do not give annual raises due to foreseen expenses and yet, they gross money regularly but choose to have an annual office party and other frivolous expenses. There is no loyalty, even for those who worked from the start of this company. There is minimal growth and some of the managerial staff has no clue as to how to run their job; they [certain managers] did not receive the proper education and there is NO accountability for this short coming, only cover-ups. I guess it would be a stepping stone for greater success later at another company. And of yes, jobs are regularly out sourced to India.

This company is sending US jobs to India to deepen their pockets and to hire new replacements at a lower salary.
AR Specialist 111 (Former Employee), Escondido, CAMay 12, 2012
Pros: working from home
Cons: the "perk" of working at home, withhold overtime hours, fear of losing the perk.
CHMB started out as a great opportunity to work t home but they grew rapidly finding tax and benefit relief by sending work to India. They expect if you work from home you will enjoy the perk so much that you will stay quiet about overtime hours worked and/or time spent "waiting" for system issue to be fixed. You would not be paid while you wait for the system to become available.
Worked from home
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Escondido, CAMarch 30, 2012
Pros: working from home
Cons: laid off company oursourced work to india
Was able to work from home, going in to the office one day a week. I sent out all my appeals and claims at that time.