CHMB Employee Reviews

Casual, busy and fun place to work
Rcm Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 28, 2017
I am a rehire here at CHMB and I am so happy I am back. Management and coworkers work as a team. Communication is great. Lots of work to do at every level.
Pros
Employee appreciation, work from home and lots of benefits
Cons
this place did not last long
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 23, 2017
This place is no longer available/ in business due to the lack of management. loads of work was very hard and competitive and unfortunately your effort was not being recognized at all.
stressful
A/R Billing Denials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 1, 2017
Most stressful place i have ever worked. They are extremely unprofessional and show favoritism towards certain people. There is no structure at all and everyone and everything is all over the place, this is a very stressful place to work
not good
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 25, 2016
Obviously not good to employees when they cheat them out if their overtime pay with excuses of their system being down. Not the employees fault if they are ready and available to work but are not allowed to work.
Avoid this place at all costs!
Lackey (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 29, 2014
Not a great place to work. No parking, low morale caused by unresponsive upper management to the neurotic micro managers within the company. High turnover company.
serenity and clean work enviroment
Full Charge Medical Biller/Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 30, 2014
Working for CHMB has been both rewarding and challenging work place. i enjoy the people that I work with and have maintained a professional relationship with all the employees.
Disorganized, disloyal, worst managers I have ever worked for
Implementation (Current Employee) –  San DiegoApril 17, 2014
Everyone working on the team is stressed - waiting to be terminated. Management doesn't care about it's employees - and the HR manager feels it is okay to work 80 hours a week every week because "hours don't get counted for salaried employees".

Benefits offered are the worst in the industry.

If you have options - don't work for this company - they will use you up then terminate you.
Pros
a job
Cons
long, long weeks and a lot of stress
Positive Changes are underway
Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 27, 2014
Although CHMB may have had challenges in the past, some due to the economy over the last few years, there are many positive changes happening! I am very optimistic about the future of CHMB and we are all working hard to make it a great place to work. There have been several recent improvements and employees are being given an opportunity to be a part of the change by providing feedback!

If you are looking to be part of great things to come and want to work to meet the needs of our clients, then CHMB is a great place to work! The sky is the limit and we need great people to help us continuously improve and grow the business!
Pros
Great people, great customer service, good benefits and lots of positive initiatives coming
Cons
Those individuals who don't want to be a part of positive changes
Depressing.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido,CAMarch 18, 2014
Environment was consistently depressing. Just not the type of environment I wanted to subject myself too. The work wasn't bad at all, if you do not mind doing the work of 30+ people and getting chewed out. Basically, how it was for everyone there. I am trying to better myself professionally and I just felt as if the company was holding me back, instead of appreciating everything I did on a daily basis.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
The Company
Discriminatory
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Had 3 male employees (billing specialists) and fired them all for various 'reasons'. Had female employees who had work performances that were not up to expectations but kept them.
Pros
Zero
Cons
no chance for growth. constant 'pay freeze'. low salaries
not employer friendly
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 16, 2013
Worked at the Chicago location, management was not fair at all. They expect you to do the work of a couple of people in one day but pay you low
Hard to trust
Still working (Current Employee) –  CAApril 11, 2013
The only advantage is when working from home, They are very quick to terminate for no cause and call it a layoff when business slows or a client is lost.

Senior management is knowledgeable but cold when it comes to spending their money.

Benefits are terrible. Due to the many women that work in this industry the vast majority use their spouses benefit package. This is part of the reason why CHMB cannot get a lower rate.

They are desperately trying to learn how to do something other than work with Allscripts. but every time they do the job is done poorly and the client leaves.

The culture is poor, there in almost zero after work relationships or effort put in to get to know a new member. At home workers must come to the home office on a regular basis and past 5pm you do not exist to them. Just go to your hotel and we will see you tomorrow.

Work / life is fine
Pros
do your work and go home
Cons
zero loyality, no teamwork, benefits stink, management is all about the money
Fast growing company
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA.June 20, 2012
CHMB is a challenging and fast paced environment that creates a large learning curve conducive to snyone that starves for new technology and integrating it with business revenue streams. The owners are very ambitious entrepeneurial people who create a lot of drive and desire in thier employees for success.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
long work days
This company is sending US jobs to India to deepen their pockets and to hire new replacements at a lower salary.
AR Specialist 111 (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 12, 2012
CHMB started out as a great opportunity to work t home but they grew rapidly finding tax and benefit relief by sending work to India. They expect if you work from home you will enjoy the perk so much that you will stay quiet about overtime hours worked and/or time spent "waiting" for system issue to be fixed. You would not be paid while you wait for the system to become available.
Pros
working from home
Cons
the "perk" of working at home, withhold overtime hours, fear of losing the perk.
Worked from home
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 30, 2012
Was able to work from home, going in to the office one day a week. I sent out all my appeals and claims at that time.
Pros
working from home
Cons
laid off company oursourced work to india

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHMB. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3