Chobani Employee Reviews

Most Horrible place I ever Worked!!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 5, 2016
I worked there for almost 3 years and was treated terrible the entire time! The favoritism there is disgusting it is truly a who you are friends with company!! Don't expect to get promoted unless you are best friends with someone in charge, the HR team sucks even worse they are all liars and it is a cutthroat environment. Worse thing that ever happened to Twin Falls the nothing but good motto is a LIE it is more like Nothing but BAD!!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Nepotism is HORRIBLE!
Too political, Good benefits though
Operator (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 24, 2016
Decent pay and benefits for Twin Falls. Too political, policies only matter 10 percent of the time. Advancement is based off of friendship as opposed to merit.
It's not what you know, it's who you brown nose
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 6, 2016
Title says it all. I was one of the first four mechanics hired, before the machines were installed. I saw good people fired for no reason other than they didn't brown nose. My supervisor expected people to let him walk all over people. And the maintenance superintendent aloud it and backed him up. The entire upper management is the same way. Chobani can't hire mechanics without paying top dollar because of the problems with management. The machines can't run without a major crash for more than 6 hours. $40 an hour is not worth the trouble. Clifbar is where the people of Chobani are headed. Think twice before working here!!!
Pros
High pay
Cons
Everything else
I stacked boxes of yogurt on pallets. Kept paperwork up to date. Helped with start up and end of run.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  South Edmeston, NYNovember 16, 2016
Very fast paced 80% of the time. Good to stay busy. I worked well most co-workers, I helped out on other lines giving breaks and lunches when needed.
Pros
Nice pay rate
Cons
No sympathy for people. Zero tolerance of single parents/sickness.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJuly 14, 2016
The CEO loves his employees and is giving back to them, every chance he gets. He has given a lot of time and money the surrounding communities.
Pros
insurance
Cons
alot of hours
Management hides behind frosted windows
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IdahoDecember 24, 2015
Maintenance is broken. Managers lead supervisors in delegating all the work then sit back and discipline folks for not making them look good. Like it is said....everything rolls down hill.
Had to watch my back once people got to know me. Talent and skill are not rewarded. Lots of boot licking and nepotism. I would not recommend to the weak of heart. Keep to yourself and do an average job to not get into trouble.
Also watched a number of folks with medical conditions being discriminated against. Long hours and shortened breaks.
Pros
challenge, variety of work
Cons
politics like nowhere else
Not very well trained management
KDB (Separator) Lead (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDApril 27, 2015
They will hire anyone at anytime, even create a position for someone as long as they like you. Generally these positions come in the form of management positions. Since they will hire anyone for these positions they are not that well trained and they too play favoritism. They do not know how to recognize real talent even if it slapped them in the face with a Chobani cup. They are running the Twin Falls, ID plant into the ground and I pray for the community they do not go out of business.
Pros
Health Benifits are amazing.
Cons
Management cannot recognize real talent, They do massive layoffs, and They are running the plant into the ground.
Fun
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 17, 2016
Loved to work here wish I could go back. It's hard to get back once your let go from the company. I would love to see more people get into this place everyone would have fun at the is company
Great Experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 19, 2015
Hard Work, long hours, and rotating shifts, but thats what I love. Gives you a feel of accomplishment after a long day. Constantly learning new things day to day. Lots of projects, team work, and feedback, growth opportunity, and great benefits!
Pros
Free yogurt at lunch, nice break-room, and lots of smiles
Cons
hard work and long hours
productive and cheerful workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2016
Been working here for 2 years.
Beautiful company to work for.
everyone is so nice and cheerful to each other,.
My management team always gives me the best support system when I'm on the floor working. The store manager is always available when you need to speak to him.
absolutely loved this job
Packaging line operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 18, 2015
fast paced, very busy environment, I learned how to run the packaging equipment and enjoyed it very much I loved the job wish I was still there, management and co workers were wonderful to work with very pleasant, for me everything about this job was enjoyable.
Pros
great benefits and pay
A rewarding and challenging job, awesome benefits and co-workers!
Enviromental Specialist (Former Employee) –  TwinFallsFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day starts with dressing into a clean uniform and gathering all tools we carry on our person, including any PPE required for my position, Enviromental specialist. During our morning meetings our supervisors and manager let us know how our company is doing as a whole, and any up-coming inspections, areas of concern and what tasks are priority. Safety topics are also discussed as well as 5-10 minutes of ergonomics. I then gather a cleaning cart and any needed supplies to complete our goals for the day. My co-workers are a huge part of the quality of work we do as a team, most are always willing to help one another if needed or asked. The physical aspect of the Sanitation department employee is the hardest thing I encountered. My favorite part of my job was working for a great company and with awesome co-workers!
Pros
A good job with good pay.
Cons
Twelve hour shifts get to be tough at times, and mandatory overtime.
training for positions
manager (Former Employee) –  twin falls, idMarch 27, 2014
They give you VERY little training and they expect you to work 80 hours a week. The coworkers are horrible for the most part. They won't speak to you or give you any assistance when you ask for help. I believe most of that comes from the stress and competiveness to get moved to the next level. They say their employeea are like family but these are people that laid off 500 people the week before Christmas...if that is how they treat family I don't want to be a part of it. Everyone is constantly afraid of losing their jobs so that makes for a cut throat environment. They have a "Golden Standard" motto but will pass out yogurt to employees that have mold in it. They sure aren't a Golden Standard company!
Pros
health benifits
Cons
no sufficient training, not living up to their word
very demanding position with no compensation
Director of Customer Service and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYDecember 11, 2014
very demanding, fast passed environment. Had the responsibilities of 3 positions with no support from upper level management and no compensation.o
Pros
fast pased environment, and huge workload
Cons
no upper level support, long hours with no breaks, and many obsticals to overcome just to get day to day operations accomplished
Unethical management team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls IdahoMarch 14, 2013
Twin Falls plant is ran by an unethical dictator director and a corrupt human resource management that works with him to cover up lies!!! I was part of their management team so I witnessed the director making unethical decisions on the termination of the floor employees. Their is no employee mentoring or coaching. If they like you then your safe if they don't count your days of employment.
Pros
decent health benefits
Cons
horrid, unethical, unorganized, and terrible communications skills from the mgt. team.
Very productive work place with a good atmosphere.
Fruit Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 24, 2014
Start off the day by passing off the current employees (Check their machines, make sure paper work is correct, and everything is hooked up right, check for messes, etc..)
I learned a lot from Chobani, people skills, the flow of how a factory works, how to read an HMI screen properly, and know how to work with it to make things run smoother, or troubleshoot an error if something goes wrong.
Co-workers were always nice, a very social environment, kind of had a family feeling coming into work each day.
Dealing with the super-visors who were put in charge, who did not know how to troubleshoot problems very well for the type of work they were assigned too. The decisions they make were not always mindful of what would be best for the production of the plant, would not take operators very seriously when they had input to help with the production of the plant.
The most enjoyable part of working at Chobani was making new friends, and being able to work actively side-by-side with them, and still get the job done with no problems, an easy job in my opinion.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, good people.
Cons
Supervisor's that qualify for the job title, but do not take there job seriously.
co workers were like family
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, NYJanuary 29, 2014
a typical day was very fast paced and pressed for time
I learned to manage time more effectively
management is normal you have your nice ones and the negative type
co workers we like brothers all good friends
hardest part of job was communication
most enjoyable was working with my co workers
Pros
good health insurance and 401k company match
Cons
always cold in the coler were i worked
fast paced
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 26, 2015
I leaned how to operate different machinery and overcome all the issues that arose. Management was very laid back and helped me out very much. Co-workers were mainly friendly and were very effective at their jobs. The hardest part on my body at this job was walking on the concrete floors for hours on end. The most enjoyable part of this job would be when the machines were meeting quota.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
To many days off
Machine Operation
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 13, 2016
Good when machines are properly maintained. Operations of a machine. Management could work on there skills. Co-Workers are amazing if they could speak English. Trying to get help from Supervisors on some detailed skills that they need to preform in. Working on a machine and learning new skills. Being busy.
Cons
No Breaks, Short Lunch, Training
Fast paced,high stess, multi task enviroment
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, NYSeptember 28, 2012
Long Hours,some excitement,some boredom. Cleaning of food handling equipment fair management good people.
Pros
good pay, good benifits, bonusses, goodies.
Cons
sometimes long periods between breaks

2.7