CHOC Children's Employee Reviews in United States

Lack of integrity
Cardiopulmonary Services Director (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 18, 2016
Patient care was excellent and physicians very receptive to ideas and improving practices.
Everyone wants to feel valued, respected and appreciated.
Pros
created a great leadership team within department
Cons
Lack of integrity and professionalism
Great
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Volunteering here was a great opportunity. Although, I approached many higher-ups about finding a position where I could be compensated and they were not willing to consider me for employment for some reason. I was qualified at this time to work and be paid for my skills.
The best place to work.
Bed Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Opportunity for advancement always available. Great coworkers who work together as a team. Amazing place to work.
Great Place to Work even though I was just interning as a Student
Assisting the surgical team (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 7, 2016
The hours were very convenient for me,which I was very happy about. I learned how things are run in the Sterile Processing and Operating Room environment. My shift lead Ryan Scott was a great guy to work with,never a dull moment. My co-workers were a great group they helped me a lot along my learning journey. I would say the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load at times,but at the end of the day everyone pulled together and pulled it off. My most enjoyable part was learning something new everyday that will stay a part of me and help me become a good employee.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
Cons
Cafeteria Food
Healthcare and Hospital
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 13, 2015
Great learning opportunities while new hospital tower being built. Encouraged to learn and master new skills. Some red tape and a fair share of politics not unexpected in a corporate environment. Day to day interactions with departments rewarding and supportive. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
Pros
Work environment; Benefits; Co-Workers
Cons
Politics
Excellent Children's Care and comfort
Staff Nurse and Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 15, 2015
CHOC provides excellent medical, psychosocial care to children and their families. I am proud to have worked there . My coworkers and fellow medical professionals were all excellent. I worked 12 hour shifts in intensive care. I learned to work together with co workers and families in a high stress situation.
Inspirational.
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 26, 2015
CHOC Children's is a great Enterprise.
The ability to impact someones life with the care that I proved at CHOC make everything worth while.
Pediatric ED
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2015
Working at CHOC is like working at Disneyland. The atmosphere is cheerful, beautiful, and there are numerous resources to allow you to do your job well. Depending on my assignment that day, I could be triaging children, helping children with minor illness or injuries, caring for critically ill children with chronic medical conditions, or caring for children involved in trauma. Every day involves helping children and parents on what might be the worst day of their lives. I pride myself on being caring and compassionate to my patients (and by patients I mean parents too). My job as a healthcare professional is to be safe, efficient, collaborative and vigilant. My job as a pediatric nurse is to do all of that while maintaining a sunny attitude and appreciating that I am caring for someone's most prized possession in the whole world. I love my job.
Pros
Health Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Meal Breaks
Very caring with our patients
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ORANGE, CAJuly 29, 2015
Great organization to work for, very busy, we have good team work, always learn new things as far as vendors, contractors,eligibility and a number of other things. Management is approachable and understanding. We have our own rest area and lounge.
Pros
I HAVE A SET SCHEDULE
BENEFITS
Great Childrens Hospital
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 30, 2015
Did EKG and apnea testing on infants and children. It was a great learning experience. Learned a lot about SIDS. My co-workers were fantastic. I lived in California at the time of employment
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 25, 2015
There is a great balance between work and fun. It is a really rewarding experience because I get to see my work in action. All the staff at CHOC are really friendly which makes it a very fun environment to be around.
Productive, flexable hours
Outpatient Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 8, 2015
Great way to gain work experience. A large staff makes it a family environment. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you're making a difference in a family's life.
good fellowship
Volunteer Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  orange, caMarch 24, 2015
I was a volunteer so my work was limited but it was nice to be doing something that felt like i was helping people. the job wasn't difficult and i often asked for more to do when i ran out of tasks.
Fun place to work at
Child Life Program Volunteer and Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of engaging children in activities such as arts and crafts, puzzles, reading, and video games. If the patient was unable to come to the playroom, one of the child life volunteers would go to the patient's room and do activities with them there. At the end of the shift, the volunteers were required to clean all the toys that children played with. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was able to make a difference in a child's life by making them smile and playing with them. I learned to deal with stressful situations patiently.
nursing staff is amazing
Clinical Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 9, 2015
I worked there for a long time. I made many close bonds with many people on my unit. Staff is compassionate but hard to give and give when no one praises you. Compensation can be a lot better.
Fun workplace
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 2, 2015
Worked under the supervision of a registered nurse. Setting up rooms and taking care of patients need. Vitals signs and charting in a timely manner.
Great Employer
Outpatient Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Everything about CHOC is exemplary. The management is in direct contact with the team, readily accessible, and treats staff with high respect. The most challenging part of my job is working with oncology kids, but yet also so rewarding. I love my profession, the field I am in, the team I work with. I have learned what it means to patient, how to manage time effectively, and how to be independent at times and team player when necessary.
Great environment for children & families
Nurse Manager - Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at CHOC with plenty of opportunities to expand my job skills by setting up a new service from scratch including staff education, creation of policy & procedures and other state regulatory matters.
Pros
new building, good physical working conditions
Cons
ongoing evaluation by consulting firm left feeling of uncertainty about job security based, on jib title
Rewarding job with a lot of involvement with patient families. Good place for career advancement.
Administrative duties (Current Employee) –  ChocDecember 16, 2014
Choc was my first actual real job after highschool. I have grown and learned so much from the staff, management, visitors and patients. Productive vibrant environment. always busy. Great benefits. Opportunities for growth. Paid education, flexible management.
Pros
growth opportunities, benefits, environment is strong and willing great group of people.
Cons
personally, my yearly review low raise considering my experience.
Busy
Clinical Nurse II, Pre-op and PACU (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 14, 2014
Busy Pre op and PACU area. I am not at liberty to add more information at this time.
Pros
great nurses
Cons
poor management

4.2